Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Lurker of the Universe! ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Lurkers of the Universe!

A Fanfic by Adyen (senranda@yahoo.ca)

Chapter 8

Thoughts are in italics while speech is in normal fonts. Spoke thoughts between people is in " " and italics. Any speech between Adyen and his current host is always done in thought, and any action that says Adyen did only means that he was in control of the body, so I will still be using she instead of he. All characters when not in whatever other form they can be in shall be named with their 'current' name.

--------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------

"She knows too much."

Setsuna paced around the room, agitated. The moment Adyen had left, Usagi's room had been checked and found empty, asking the question of how she got out without them knowing.

"Just the fact that Usagi had been able to draw on the Ginzuishou indicates that her body can handle massive amounts of energy..." she ranted. "And that should have been impossible for her age!"

"Calm down!" Ikuko said, rubbing her temples. "You pacing around isn't going to help."

Setsuna stopped dead. "You're right. It's just that I haven't felt this... this... ANNOYED since the end of World War Two!"

Usa and Elios giggled like a pair of teens at the look on her face. Setsuna just groaned in frustration. "One thing that I noticed about Usagi was that there was a constant magical field around her..." Setsuna ponders. "This will interest you, Ranma."

"Oh?" Elios asked, looking up.

"For one thing, she is tapping into the natural mana well of Earth, though only minimally. That's not the strangest thing, though." She lectured. "She's casting a high level spell that should require much more mana than what she is drawing..."

"What spell?" Elios asked.

"A concentrated gravity spell controlled, moderated, and only affecting Usagi... And from what I could figure out from the spell, it is at least two hundred times normal gravity..." Setsuna gravely said.

Elios smacked himself on the forehead and said, "My God! Why didn't I think of that?!"

Usa giggled. "One of the more important person alive has done something that she shouldn't be able to do, and he wonders about how he could have missed a way to train."

Elios looked up at Setsuna, but before he could say anything, she was already responding. "Yes, I can set something up like that, but Hotaru would have been able to do that better..."

"Speaking about her..." Usa said, looking rather sheepish.

"You said something about awakening her first..." Ikuko remarked. "But I don't see her here."

"Yes..." Usa replied. "We... haven't been able to find her."

"... What?" Ikuko blinked. "How could you not find her? I thought you said the Tomoe family is supposed to be famous."

"It is..." Elios said sheepishly.

"But they disappeared two years ago." Usa finished.

Ikuko appeared to be pondering something for a moment. After a minute of silence, she asked, "Do you think it has something to do with this Adyen person?"

"It might very well be..." Setsuna said. "She's managed to find Usagi, and she was supposed to be one of the most well hidden person... under your own supervision as well."

Ikuko was silent after that, but after recovering, she asked, "Any word on Beryl?"

Setsuna shook her head. "We haven't been able to get a trace on where Beryl is hiding, even though Usa shoved her into a pocket dimension. However, we could tell that she is still in her slumber, so we can relax for the time."

"That's a relief. At least, without Beryl, Metalia has no foothold on anything there…" Ikuko sighed.

"Well," Usa said, "there is some good news. We have managed to convince Washuu to join us, and she, in turn has managed to convince" *cough* "Yoshi through what we can only be described as bribing him with incriminating evidence."

Ikuko's eyebrow shot up at that. "Incriminating evidence? What do you mean?"

Elios blushed deep red. "Uh… just some pictures she said he wouldn't want to be released to certain people."

"Oh." Ikuko said, deciding not to ask anymore.

"Ahem. Anyways," Usa continued, "we managed to track down Mars and Jupiter, but we still haven't located the Prince or his Guardians. Neither have we been able to locate Venus, Neptune, nor Uranus. Mercury we have a lead on, though."

"Well," Setsuna said, "Neptune and Uranus are to be expected. Venus is going to give me a headache tracking her family down, and the Prince will eventually be lead towards Usagi. With him, his Guardians, so we don't really have to do much about him except reawaken his memories... though his Guardians may do that for us."

"But that still leaves the problem with Usagi." Ikuko pointed out, a bit hurt. "It's obvious that she trusts this Adyen person more than she trusts us…"

"How could someone trust a person more than their mother for two lives?" Setusna asked, sitting down on the opposite side of Ikuko. "She knows you almost better than I do, so she has to understand and trust you, and since it's obvious she has all her memories back…"

"…Yet she still trusts Adyen more than she trusts us." Elios finished. "Why? If we can solve that, we may be able to solve half the mystery."

The four mulled over that thought for over five minutes before Ikuko asked, "What skill level would you say little Usagi is at right now?"

"I'm not sure…" Elios said. "She only dodged an attack, but being able to evade my grab was already impressive."

Usa solemnly said, "She may have also heard Setsuna approach the door. She was leaving the room the moment Setsuna was about to enter…"

"We can ask her when she returns." Ikuko said, forestalling any arguments. "But I have a son to pick up right now. Please stay until I return."

The thought that ran through Usa, Elios, and Setsuna's heads was, "How do you know she'll return?"