Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Here I Am ❯ New Evils ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Here I Am

Chapter Three - New Evils

By Crow Skywalker

----------

Disclaimer - Don't own MKR or its characters. No profit is being made, only borrowing them for my own amusement.

Author's Notes - Well, here's another chapter. Coming up with them fast, aren't I? That's because they're pretty short. But you know what I realized while writing this? This fic is going to be huge if I ever finish it. Seriously, I have a load of new plans…and I don't even think the summary for this fic is going to fit anymore. Lol, we'll see. It's still going to be based mainly on Umi, since I see way too many Fuu and Hikaru fics :P Oh, and something else…the ideas for the "new evil" came to me today when writing this. I didn't want to make up any characters, so I decided to use some old ones…;) Also got around to an explanation on how Umi got sent back. Anyway, R&R and I hope you enjoy!

Warnings/Pairings - Rated PG, though I may up the rating later on. Pairings of Umi/Clef, Fuu/Ferio, and Hikaru/Lantis.

Summary - Umi wishes to return to Cephiro, and on a cold lonely night she gets sent back. However, things aren't what they seem, for a new evil is lurking not far away, and it has plans for Umi.

----------

A slight breeze blew through the branches of the trees, making them dance and cast shadows across the ground below. The sky above, although hard to see through the sense canopy, was dark and dreary and looked like it was threatening to rain. The forest was silent, except for the small gasps of breath coming from an opening.

Umi groaned, rolling over on her back as she shielded her eyes against the light. It felt like she had been knocked out, and her body was in great pain. She wondered if she had somehow been trampled on by a dozen horses, because she sure felt like it.

Where am I? She asked herself as her brain finally started to work, I…I was at home…

And then she remembered.

Cephiro! She sat upright, and winced as pain shot down through her body. She remembered it clearly now, waking up in midair…she had fallen from the sky and had landed somewhere in the forest below.

She groaned again, lying back down. The pain was too much for her.

But why wasn't I saved? She thought glumly, suddenly upset. Someone must be expecting me…

The wind was her only answer as it blew a bit harder, rustling the leaves over head. Umi glanced around her, and noticed she was in a small clearing.

The trees must have saved me from the crash landing… she thought, but they didn't do a very good job. She sighed, wondering just how long she had been unconscious, at least I'm alive. I thought for sure it was going to be the end!

She closed her tired eyes, letting the wind refresh her, but questions were still whizzing through her mind. If she had been summoned, then why wasn't anyone here to greet her? How had she been summoned without the Pillar? If she was here, then were Hikaru and Fuu here too? And if they were, where were they?

She shook her head, seeing spots behind her eyes from the pain. There were too many questions and no answers.

She lay there for a moment more, unmoving. The less she moved the less pain she had to suffer through.

"Why do bad things always happen to me?" She grumbled, opening her eyes just as there was a flash of lightening across the sky.

Oh great, I spoke too soon! She glared up at the sky, or what she could see of it through the trees. There was a burst of thunder that almost made her jump. Don't you dare! She warned it, but it was too late.

It started to rain.

This is just great, she thought, still lying down as the light drizzle started and soon became full-fledged raindrops. The foliage overhead did nothing to stop the rain from reaching her, and she was soon soaked. With a sigh, she pulled her aching body off the ground and stood on shaky legs.

I have to find shelter, she thought determinedly. Somewhere to hide until this storm is over.

There was another boom of thunder overhead that almost made the ground shake beneath her feet.

And I need to find somewhere fast!

Leaning on trees for support whenever she could, she made her way through the forest in search of a place to hide the storm out.

-----

She found him sitting on his thorn when she entered the dark room. He was alone, all except for a large white crystal mirror that sat before him. Pictures were playing within it, and he was staring at it rather boredly. He looked up as she entered, laying his head upon his hand as his attention went back to the mirror.

"Ah, I see you've put the first plan into action." She stated as she watched the pictures flash and move.

He didn't answer, just silently nodded.

"They'll never know what hit them." She mused, an evil smirk playing upon her face. "He would have loved to see their downfall."

"He would've." The man on the throne finally answered, throwing his head back so his long white hair was out of his face, "But they killed him. It's up to us to have his revenge."

The woman laughed. "Yes, and I will enjoy every bit of it." She clenched her hands together, "I never did get to have my revenge on them before I died. I'm going to enjoy watching them fall to their knees and beg for their lives."

The man's eyes flashed yellow in the darkness. "Don't get too carried away, Alcione. You know that attitude's what gotten you killed in the past. And if you fail this time, I doubt we'll be able to bring you back."

She nodded. "I know."

"Darkness has already begun taking over the land," He went on to say, "The plan is almost in motion. Soon the Magic Knights will be called back to Cephiro."

Alcione smiled wickedly in the darkness. "Their past is coming back to haunt them."

The man with the white hair nodded. "He will be pleased once he awakens."

Alcione's smirk faltered and her face became concerned, "How is he?"

"The ritual went well, we managed to obtain his soul from the Spirit World," He stood, coming closer to the large crystal ball, "We had to recreate his body to look like his old one, but everything else went fine. His soul has returned, and it's only a matter of time before he wakes."

"Good." She answered.

He looked up at her then, his silver white hair falling around his face, "I hope you're not making any plans," He stated. "He will have no memory of you, since we wiped it clean. All he will remember is what I've programmed him to remember. We couldn't possibly leave the memories of her with him." He spat 'her' in disgrace, like it was a curse of some kind.

Alcione's eyes darkened. "Of course not, Innova."

His eyes blazed in the darkness, and Alcione stepped back. She didn't want to get on his bad side - Innova had gained the ability to shift forms whenever he felt like it. His beast form wasn't something she ever wanted to deal with.

"Just make sure you keep that in mind," He hissed.

She nodded. "How much longer do you think it'll be before the Knights arrive?"

He sat back on his throne, gazing into the crystal. "It's hard to say. There is no Pillar to call upon them, and I had to look to the dark magics to find something. It could take up to weeks to work - depending on the Knights." His lips curled into a look of disgust, "They must wish to return first. With their lovers here, I don't think it should be much of a problem though."

"I see." She answered, and silence fell between them.

"Don't you have something to do?" Innova finally snapped, "I didn't bring you back to stand there stupidly. Go! Get out of my sight!"

With a swift bow, Alcione exited the room, leaving Innova to himself.

Yes, his mind whispered, and he leaned in to get a better look at what was going on in the mirror, soon the Magic Knights shall return, and we will all have our revenge. He smirked, sins of the past are going to be the death of them!

To Be Continued…