Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Here I Am ❯ Goodbyes ( Chapter 18 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Here I Am

Chapter Eighteen - Goodbyes

By Crow Skywalker

----------

Disclaimer - Don't own MKR or its characters. No profit is being made, only borrowing them for my own amusement.

Author's Notes - Wow, it's been a few months since I've updated this fic :3 Sorry about the wait! I have good news though! My friend Mindy recently sent me both seasons of MKR on tape….so now I'll finally get to see what happens in the second season, and I can refresh my memory with the first! ^_^ Woot. In other news, I think I may be working backwards and fixing some of the mistakes/spelling errors in past chapters <_<; But besides that, R&R, and enjoy! Be seein you next update! ;D

Warnings/Pairings - Rated PG, though I may up the rating later on. Pairings of Umi/Clef, Fuu/Ferio, and Hikaru/Lantis/Eagle.

Summary - Umi wishes to return to Cephiro, and on a cold lonely night she gets sent back. However, things aren't what they seem, for a new evil is lurking not far away, and it has plans for Umi.

----------

"Are you ready?"

They had spent the morning packing the necessities that they would need on their journey. Now that they had received their new weapons and armor, both Hikaru and Fuu were eager to leave in search of their missing friend. With their stuff saddled to their horses, which Ferio had generously lent them for their journey, they were now making sure that they had everything they would need and were saying their goodbyes.

Fuu nodded, standing slightly off to the side as she looked up at Ferio, who was smiling down at her. He'd waited so long for her to return, and now that she was back, he was a little reluctant to let her go. Especially since whatever evil out there that took Umi from them seemed to be very powerful. Taking a step forward, he took her small hands into his own.

"Take care of yourself, Fuu," he told her in a quiet voice.

She responded by smiling at him, her fingers moving to grasp his hands in a reassuring way. "I'll be fine. Hikaru, Clef and Lantis will be with me." She glanced down at her hands where her new glove covered all but her fingers. The white and green gem embedded in it shone in the afternoon sun. "Besides, I'm sure Presea's weapons and armor will help us greatly."

Not too far off Lantis sat upon his horse, a great black stallion that seemed to suit him quite well. Clef sat upon a black horse much like Lantis' only a few feet away, both men quietly letting the Magic Knights say their goodbyes before they began their journey.

Hikaru was crying loudly, her arms wrapped around Mokona, Presea, and Ascot. Larfarga stood off to the side, watching the scene with an odd expression on his face as the powerful Magic Knight of Fire bawled her eyes out. Caldina stood by his side, her arms crossed as she waited for her goodbye.

Finally, once Hikaru had let go of the others, Caldina tapped her foot impatiently. "Well?"

Almost immediately she was being hugged to death by the small red haired girl, who had her head buried in her chest and was sobbing loudly. "We only just got back and we're already leaving!"

Caldina smiled fondly at the girl, patting her on the head. "Hey, it's okay. Just make sure you bring Umi back, got it?"

Hikaru gazed up at the woman, a smile creeping to her lips despite her sadness. She nodded once, letting go of Caldina and clenching a fist before her. "I promise!"

Across the small distance, back to where Fuu and Ferio were, he suddenly tugged her hand so that she fell against him, his arms immediately wrapping around her as he hugged her one last time. Fuu, although he couldn't see her face, blushed as she returned the embrace. Suddenly, she was hit with memories of the past, when she had first met Ferio. She hadn't trust him at all, it seemed like he was always lying to the Magic Knights or doing something that involved them, liking helping Ascot lure them into the desert. Now though, she knew that she trusted him with both her heart and soul, and she was equally, if not more, sad to be leaving when they had only just been reunited.

"I wish I could go with you; watch over you unnoticed like I used to do." He smiled bitterly.

Taking a step away from him, she returned his smile as she tried hard not to cry. "You have to stay here and watch over the people," she told him. "Don't worry about us - we'll find the culprit, stop whatever evil schemes they have planned, save Umi and we'll return as quickly as possible."

Ferio suddenly dropped his hand to his side, searching for something in his pocket. He withdrew a small hand size object, taking Fuu's hand and laying it in her palm. "Here, take this."

Fuu looked down at it, a grin spreading across her face. It was the device that Ferio had first given her all those years ago, the one he had said made wishes come true. That had been another lie, really, but it had turned out quite useful and it had allowed her to communicate with him.

Ferio closed her hand upon it, his two hands lingering upon hers. "This way, if you ever need me, just give me a call," he grinned with a wink, "Just remember, it doesn't always have to be when you're in trouble!" he laughed, remembering the past.

Fuu took it, her face flushed in the afternoon sun as she said one more quick goodbye and wandered over to her horse, a great white and brown mare with a brown tail and spotted mane. Across from her, Hikaru was now trying to mount a smaller, more petite brown horse, though the smaller girl was having quite a lot of difficulties trying. Hikaru was relieved when Lantis caught her by the arm, pulling her up from the other side so that she sat firmly on the horse's back.

"Thanks!" She smiled with a faint blush. Grabbing hold of the reins, she was about to tell the others that she was ready to go when a sharp cry came from somewhere within the palace. A few seconds later something fast and blue spend past her heading straight for Lantis.

"Lantis!" cried a small voice, and all heads turned to see a small pixie like creature hugging Lantis's chest armor. "You can't leave without me!"

Lantis looked down at her, lifting a hand to pick her off of him and hold her before his face. "Primera, with Clef gone, you will be needed here."

The small pixie had tears in her eyes. "But I want to go with you!" Over her shoulder she shot Hikaru a dirty look before looking back at the darkly dressed man, "I can't let you go off like this! I want to go too!"

Lantis sighed, growing frustrated. "Please, do as I say."

Primera pouted in defeat, her small wings going limp behind her as she turned away from him crossly.

"Presea." Lantis motioned to the other woman to take the pixie, handing Primera to the weapon maker gently before taking the reins in his hands. "Are we heady?"

Fuu and Hikaru nodded, though Clef said nothing. Lantis knew that the Master Mage was deep in thought, most likely thinking about their new enemy and the journey they were about to start off on. With a small hitch of the reins Lantis pushed his horse forward, the others following after him.

Ferio and the others watched as their friends departed, their faces grim.

In one smooth movement Ferio bent down, whispering into one of Mokona's long ears, "Follow them."

The small creature nodded and with a happy "Puu! Puuuuu!" started after the group that had just left.

Above them on one of the higher towers of the palace, a figure stood watching the departure. Flicking her hair back from her eyes, Nova smirked as she watched the group of warriors leave the palace grounds. It was time to report back to her master.

-----

"They've left, my Lord."

Nova sat before Innova, one leg beneath her and the other drawn to her chest as she bowed before the man that had given her life. He sat upon his throne, his face his usual mask of uncaring; emotionless. He stood silently, making his way towards the glowing ball that forever seemed to shine before the throne. Within it a picture started to form, and soon, it showed the traveling Magic Knights and their companions.

Innova said nothing for a moment, watching as the red haired Magic Knight suddenly lost her balance and almost toppled over and she struggled to hold onto her horse. He sighed, shaking his head. Sometimes he wondered how he had let these girls get the best of him.

"She looks a lot like me," Nova's comment made his gaze snap towards her, and he studied her confused face. She did not remember anything about her past; that at one time, she had been a part of the Magic Knight of fire.

"Indeed, there is a resemblance," he smiled, playing along.

"It may be out of place to ask this but," Nova gave him an uncertain look, her gaze then moving to the moving picture of the girl, "Do…do I know her?"

"I don't think so."

Nova blinked, taking one more glance at the red haired girl before she was silent for a moment. Then, finally raising herself from the floor, she regarded her master. "Is there anything else you wish for me to do?"

"Yes," Innova turned his back to her, "Tell Eagle that I want an update on our little Magic Knight. I wish to speak to Alcione as well."

With a small bow the girl disappeared into the darkness, soon replaced by the figure of a man. Eagle stood before his master, awaiting the other man to turn and acknowledge him.

"The Magic Knights have set off in search of their missing friend," Innova said, and Eagle didn't know if his master was speaking to him or talking to himself. When the white haired man turned towards him, however, he discovered that Innova was talking to him, "How is she doing?"

"Not well," Eagle admitted. "She is still injured, and she eats very little. Most of the time she sleeps, and nightmares plague her. I think she may be getting a fever."

"I see," was all that Innova said, his back turned towards Eagle as he continued to watch the Magic Knights within the glowing ball. "What is taking Alcione? Where has she wandered off to now?"

"I am here," her voice floated through the darkness before her figure appeared in the dim light of the room, "You called me?"

"Yes, I want you to go and make yourself known to the Magic Knights. I want them to know what kind of power they're up against, and I want to leave them confused and uncertain. Keep them busy as long as you can; attack, but do not kill them. You have my permission to harm them if it is necessary."

"Yes, Master," she answered, her gaze cast downwards as she smirked. From her side, Eagle frowned at her but said nothing.

"You may go now," Innova walked towards them. "Alcione, do what I said. Eagle, to your post." He walked past them without another word, leaving them to do his bidding.

Walking down the deserted hall of what he was now considering his palace, Innova moved with the grace and silence of a cat. Not a sound could be heard as he walked the halls, the only sound made was the squeak of a door as he entered a room at the far end of the corridor.

The room contained many different pieces of machinery, all much like the ones found where he had created Nova and the others in the past. This room, however, was a lot bigger and there was a lot less equipment. That was because this was a special room that contained only one specimen.

Laid out on a white table was a figure that Innova knew quite well. Innova had once fought for this man - had been his second in command - and even now he still considered the man before him a great and powerful being. Once the man upon the table awoken, things were going to change around the palace, and Innova was eagerly awaiting the awakening.

Innova smirked, bringing a hand up to play with the long black hair that flowed down the sides of the table. "Soon, High Priest Zagato, you will awaken and Cephiro will bleed."

To Be Continued…