Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ I'll Never Forget ❯ Believe In Me ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I'll Never Forget

Chapter Two

~Bellaluna~

Disclaimer: Same as chapter one!

Author's Notes: Chapter two, ready to go! Please enjoy and review when you're done!

~Chapter Two~

Lantis hid in a dim ally and watched a few strange, fast moving objects zoom past him, on the hard pavement. He noticed people within the objects and saw that they wore strange clothes, which looked nothing like the armor he wore now. So decidedly he took off his cape, as well armor and sword white he wrapped up in the cape. `There.' He thought. He swung the makeshift bag over his shoulder and noticed the pain in his heart was gone. `I wonder why. I mean, I still remember Hikaru...Speaking of…how am I supposed to find her?'

He took a breath and stepped out of the ally, making sure to stay off the pavement. He walked along side it instead, looking at the surroundings. It had to be early morning, as the sun had just seemed to have come up. As he passed a particular building, he heard something within. "Yah!" A female voice shouted over and over, in intervals. Lantis immediately recognized the voice and hurried to the building. He followed the voice, until he was at the entrance, of a large, almost empty room. At the center stood, none only but Hikaru, magic knight of fire, wearing a white, robe-like outfit and holding a wooden sword. She brought the sword up into the air and quickly brought it down, letting out another, "Yah!"

"Hikaru…" Lantis let out a breath. He silently let down his things and crept inside, behind her. He was only inches away when Hikaru lifted the sword yet again, but this time she was unable to bring it down, as Lantis grabbed hold of it. Hikaru blinked, her cat ears nudging out and she turned her head around.

"Let go!" She shouted and tried to pull the sword out of his grasp. She turned so she was facing him, but still held on to the sword. "I said LET GO!" She used all her might to take it back, but was still unable.

Lantis watched her great effort and laughed quietly. "Same old Hikaru." He said and let go. She was about to fall backwards, her balance thrown off, but Lantis quickly caught her and stood her upright. Hikaru blushed and backed away from him. "Who are you!?" she demanded and got into a fighting position. "What do you want?"

Lantis grimaced. `Of course she doesn't remember me…how am I supposed to convince her Clef?' He wondered.

"You're probably, not going to believe me, but…"

"Starting with your name would be good." Hikaru stated sternly.

"Lantis, my name is Lantis." He told her.

"That's a strange name…"

Lantis began to speak again, but Hikaru walked to the other end of the room. "Hey, I need to get ready. Wait here and you can explain on my way to school. I'll be back in a few minutes." With that she ducked out of the room.

True to her word, Hikaru came back and the two walked back out side, Lantis grabbing his things on the way out. "What's that?" Hikaru asked.

"Um…nothing. Let me explain first." Lantis replied. "Have an open mind when I tell you this okay? I've come from a different world, Cephiro."

"Ummmm…" Hikaru looked at him like he was crazy.

"And even stranger, from the future." He continued. "Someone has changed the past. You were supposed to travel to a tower, somewhere in this world and be transported to my world, Cephiro. Something happened so that you wouldn't make it in time. Now the future has changed as well as the past. I've come to get you to help me make things right again."

When they reached Hikaru's school, Lantis had just finished explaining everything. Hikaru could not even look up at him after hearing everything. "I'm very sorry sir…but I…I just can't believe this story."

"Hikaru…" Lantis began.

"Think about it. If you were in my position, would you believe it?" She said and ran into the school.

Lantis simply starred at her go, wondering if he'd ever make things right.

Hikaru hurried up to her classroom only to find it completely empty. `Where is everybody?' She thought. She then looked up to the clock to see that it was an hour later than her clocks at home. "WHAT!? I missed everybody!?" She cried and hurried back outside. `That Lantis guy must have done this!'

Lantis was just turning away from the school when Hikaru came running back out. "LANTIS!!!" She shouted angrily. He stopped and turned around as she neared him.

"Yes?" He said.

"This is all your fault! You must have set my clocks back so I'd be late and miss my field trip!" She accused.

"No, Hikaru I swear it wasn't me, but that must be the reason the past has been changed. "Someone…I don't know who, but someone delayed you so you wouldn't be at that tower in time to be taken to Cephiro." Lantis said. "Will you just come to the tower with me and I'll be able to prove this all."

Hikaru bit her lip, thinking for a minute. "All right..." She finally decided.

***

Hikaru and Lantis entered the Tokyo Tower relatively fast. From the top of the tower a bright light exploded. "What was that!?" Hikaru cried.

"That should have been you." Lantis replied.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"That light is what teleported you, as well as two other girls to my world, Cephiro." As he said this, a sudden chill ran over both of them. "Did you feel that?" He asked Hikaru who nodded dumbly.

She took quick look around and noticed that the breeze had completely stopped; nothing around them was moving at all. "Lantis…what's going on?" She asked.

"Time must have stopped here…" He said. "Hikaru?"

"Yes?"

"Will you come with me to Cephiro? I can't make things right by myself. You'll need to help. Whoever did this obviously wanted what you had. Please, please help me." He looked down at her with weary, yet still kind eyes. "It'll be hard, I'm not going to lie, but Hikaru, if anyone can do it…you can."

`He has so much confidence in me…' Hikaru thought. `I can't just let him go out and do whatever he has to do alone.' "All right. I'll go with you." She agreed finally.

"You will?"

"Yes."

"Thank-you…Hikaru."

***

"Lady Debonair, what's wrong? You seem upset." Mika asked.

"It's that damn Mage Clef. He sent Lantis back in time to interfere." Debonair replied.

"What!?" Mika gasped. "But…"

"You needn't worry Mika. Your past self will reaching her goal far before the Magic Knight is able to catch up to her…"

"Good." Mika grinned.

***

Once at the top floor of the Tokyo Tower, Lantis placed her things on the floor and untied his cape. He then proceeded to put on her armor and cape. Hikaru looked around, starring at all the people, frozen in place, she even saw her own classmates. Then she spotted the sword Lantis had and her eyes bugged out. "What do you need that for?" She stuttered.

"Um…well Cephiro isn't exactly a safe place at the point we're going to." Lantis admitted.

"Oh…goodie." Hikaru gulped.

"Don't worry Hikaru. I'll always protect you." He gave her a slight smile.

Hikaru blushed and managed a small thank you to him.

"Now, to get back to Cephiro, we have to will it so. I have the strongest will next to you and Eagle, so together we should be able to do it with out Mage Clef's help."

"Eagle? Mage Clef? Who are they?" Hikaru wondered.

"They're friends of mine. Now, just take my hand, and concentrate on going to where ever I am. And you really have to want to go with me. Otherwise this won't work." Lantis explained.

"All right." Hikaru nodded and reached out, taking his hand. They both closed their eyes, concentrating on where to go.

Author's Notes: And there's chapter two!!! I actually planned this fic, so if all works out correctly there should be about Nine Chapters. Well I hope everyone's enjoying this fanfic, because I really like writing it ^_^