Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Twist of Fate ❯ Tokyo Tower ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Twist of Fate

Chapter two

~Selene Serenity~

Disclaimer: Magic Knight Rayearth does not belong to me. It is property of Clamp. This story on the other hand is mine so if you wish to put it on your site please ask me first.

Author's notes: Ya, I bet you thought I'd never continue this but I am! Ha! I couldn't just leave it! Um, I'll give a little refresher on what happened in the last chapter. Well I don't have much to say so please read and review!

~Chapter Two~

"Um, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." Umi muttered.

"Who…who are you?" Ascot asked.

`I can't tell him who I really am! No way!" She thought. "Um…I'm Umi Riyusaki." She told him. "What's your name?"

"Me?" Ascot pointed at himself with surprise. No one had ever cared about him except for Caldina and Clef. Umi nodded. "My name is Ascot Summoni."

"Well hello Ascot!" Umi smiled and shook his hand. She then tilted her head and sneezed three times, then coughed.

"Are you alright?" Ascot asked.

"Well, I have a little bit of a cold." Umi explained.

"Why don't you come to my place?" Ascot suggested. "I could get you some medicine."

"Really?" Umi smiled with gratitude. "Thanks!"

They both walked to Ascot's house.

***

"Go, go, go!" The cheerleaders cried. It was a warm day and the football team was out practicing, as was the cheerleading squad. "Come on Lantis!" Half of the girls shouted. "You can do it Eagle!" The other half cheered. The two star players, Eagle Vision and Lantis Marin, were on opposite teams for the scrimmage they were having. The ball had just been kicked over everyone's heads and both Eagle and Lantis were going after it. They both ran to catch it from opposite directions.

Suddenly they heard a faint female voice screaming in terror. They looked higher into the sky when they heard it and not only saw the ball but a girl clinging on to it.

***

Hikaru fell through the sky and pelted closer and closer to the ground. She screamed with sheer terror. `I can't die like this! This is not the way for a Magic Knight to die!' She thought. Suddenly an oval shaped ball hurtled towards her. She caught it and held it tightly in her arms. `And why did I think this would help!?' She thought. As she came closer to the ground she saw two young men starring at her with their arms open. `They must have wanted this.' She assumed, looking at the ball.

Eagle and Lantis made sure they were right under the girl. As she reached the ground they both caught her in their arms. "Um…" Lantis and Eagle starred at her.

"Uh…thanks for catching me." Hikaru giggled nervously. "I'll just be going now!" She jumped off of their arms and began to run off but the two of them caught her.

"I don't think so." Lantis starred at her sternly.

"You have some explaining to do." Eagle agreed.

"But…I…I" Hikaru stuttered as her cat ears and tail popped out.

The school bell rang for the end of the day. "Good, we have time to talk now." Lantis slapped his hands together then he and Eagle literally dragged Hikaru to a bench. They both took of their helmets and looked down at the strange girl. "So who exactly are you?" Eagle asked.

"Um…I'm Hikaru, the Magic Kni…" Hikaru paused. `I shouldn't tell them that. Not now at least.' She thought. "My name is Hikaru, Hikaru Shiduo." She told them.

"Do you mind explaining how you fell from the sky." Lantis asked as he sat down as well.

"I can't tell you." Hikaru muttered.

Lantis arched an eyebrow. "And why not?"

"I just can't. It's very important that I keep it to myself. It's for your own good." Hikaru explained.

"Uh huh…." Eagle sighed with confusion. "Well I guess she has a right to secrecy if its that important."

"Ya, I suppose." Lantis agreed. "Where do you live? I might be able to take you there."

"I, um…." Hikaru muttered.

"I see." Lantis nodded wisely. "Well why don't you stay with us in our apartment. We have an extra room." He suggested. "What do you think Eagle?"

"Ya sounds fine to me." Eagle smiled. "Oh! By the way, I'm Eagle Vision," He extended his hand to Hikaru. "and this is Lantis Dalsen."

Hikaru hesitantly took Eagle's hand and shook it. She didn't whether or not she should trust these two but something inside her was telling her two.

"Just let us go get out of our football stuff and we'll be right back." Lantis said as the two went back inside.

"Football?" Hikaru blinked and tilted her head.

***

At Ascot's house, Umi sat on a chair with a cup of medicine in her hand. It tasted disgusting. Umi was going to use her magic to make it seem more bearable but something deflected her power. "What!?" She gasped. `This is a magic potion!' She thought.

"What is it?" Ascot asked as he walked in the room.

"Ascot, where did you get this?" She asked, pointing to the cup.

"My friend Clef gave it to me. It works great!" Ascot replied.

`Clef? No it couldn't be, could it?' She wondered. "Ascot, I need to see your friend!" She cried.

"Why?" Ascot asked.

"I just do!" Umi said. "Please take me to him!" She pleaded.

"Alright." Ascot nodded. "Take a coat though. That cold might get worse if you don't." He handed her a spare coat.

Umi took it. "Thanks."

Ascot led Umi to a small house down the road. He knocked on the door. "Clef, it's Ascot." Ascot called.

"I'm coming!" Clef called. The doorknob slowly opened and Umi held in her breath. She let it out when the door opened and she saw the familiar face at the door.

"Hello Ascot." Clef said and didn't notice Umi behind him.

"Clef?" Umi gasped. She slowly stepped out from behind Ascot.

Clef starred at her. "Umi?" He asked, shocked.

Umi nodded. "So this is where you've been?" Umi wondered.

"Yes." Clef nodded. "Why don't the two of you come in?" He offered.

Both Umi and Ascot walked inside. "I'll make some tea for everyone." Clef walked off to the kitchen.

"I'll help!" Umi offered. Ascot was about to go to, but then realized that Umi obviously needed to talk to Clef.

When they were in the kitchen Umi started immediately with her questions. "So how did you get here? And what is here?" Umi asked Clef.

"Well, I'll start with how I got here." Clef sighed. "I was surveying the area around the castle when Zagato came to me. He said my time here was done. I thought he was planning on killing me so I put up a shield that would block that type of spell, but instead he used a spell that sent me here and I wasn't prepared for it. I was brought here, Earth."

"I see. So Zagato is truly behind this. I didn't want to believe he would betray the princess, but I guess he has." Umi's eyes saddened. "I couldn't help the Princess! Who knows where she is now?" She cried with frustration.

Clef put his hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry. There is hope yet." He assured. (AN: by the way this is the older looking Clef!)

Umi looked at him. "How can you tell?" She asked.

"There is something about Ascot." Clef started.

"What about him?"

"He has a powerful aura. I think he may be one of the castaways." Clef told her.

"What?" Umi blinked.

"Haven't you heard of them?" Clef wondered.

"Well yes, but no one ever explained them to me."

"Then I will. You see about 11 years back, when you were about 2, Zagato discovered there were 13 people who would one day ruin his plans so he sent them far away to who knows where, obviously here. Now of course Zagato was about 172 instead of 181 like he is now. (AN: I guessed on the age.) I believe that Ascot is one of them."

"Wow…I wouldn't have guessed." Umi said in awe. She took two cups of tea, one for Ascot and one for herself. They both were about to walk back to the living room when…

***

"So Fuu, where do you go to school?" Ferio asked as they walked together down the street.

"Well, I just moved here you see, so I don't have a school yet." Fuu lied.

"Oh, I see." Ferio grinned. "I hope you go to mine."

Fuu's cheeks turned a deep crimson. "Oh dear." She murmured. "My! What's that?" Fuu asked as she looked up at the tall building before them.

Ferio followed her stare to see the Tokyo Tower. "That? That's the Tokyo tower." Ferio explained. "Boy, you don't know anything about this place do you?"

"No, not really." Fuu sighed.

In a flash of light a monster appeared next to the tower. "Jeas! What in the world is that thing!?" Ferio cried.

"Oh no! It's a monster from Cephiro! How did it get here?" Fuu wondered. "I have to go over there!" She told Ferio and ran to the tower.

"Hey! Wait for me!" Ferio shouted and ran behind her. When he finally caught up to her he starred at her with confusion. "What is that thing?" He asked.

"It's a monster." Fuu gulped. "I'll explain later." She assured Ferio. `Without my sword, armor and rune god I don't know how I'm going to pull this off. I don't even know if I can use my magic!"

They finally reached the tower and dashed up the stairs to be equal with the monster's head. The tower had been completely evacuated. The monster turned and starred at them. It opened its mouth and a fireball formed in it. The monster blew the fireball at them. It came hurtling forward. Fuu screamed and starred at it coming. You'd think being a magic knight would have given her better reflexes, but no.

"You idiot! Move!" Ferio cried and pushed her out of the way. They both slid across the floor until they hit a wall. Fuu's glasses got knocked off her face and flung to the other side of the tower. Ferio sat up then proceeded to help Fuu up as well.

"No one's ever called me an idiot before." Fuu blushed.

"Well maybe if you had moved it wouldn't have happened, but hey…" Ferio shrugged. Something slipped out of his pocket and clattered on the ground.

Fuu picked it up and was able to see it's familiar shape. "Where did you get this?" She asked, shocked.

"Um, I don't really know. I've always had them, but I have no clue what it is. I have two of them." Ferio said as he pulled a second one out of his pocket. They were two orbs that Fuu had seen when she was very young. They had belonged to the Princess.

"Princess Emeraude…" Fuu voiced.

"Who?" Ferio blinked.

"I'll explain later." Fuu sighed.

"Oh, just like the monster."

"Yes, now I need to get my glasses." Fuu said and looked up to find her glasses. "Where are they?" She wondered.

"Looking for these?" A female voice asked.

Fuu looked up to see…

***

"Fuu! She's at a tower!" Umi gasped as she dropped the cups to the ground.

"What happened?" Ascot asked as he ran into the room.

"I think Umi needs to get to the Tokyo Tower." Clef guessed.

"I think so…" Umi muttered. "I'm sorry about the cups Clef." She apologized.

"Don't worry about it." Clef assured her.

"We can take our bikes." Ascot suggested. "But we only have two."

"That's okay. Umi can ride double with you." Clef suggested.

"All right." Umi agreed. "You don't mind do you?" She asked Ascot.

Ascot blushed and shook his head. "No that's fine."

"Well let's get going!" Umi said and walked outside.

Ascot began to follow but Clef slowed him down. "So how long were you listening in?" He asked slyly.

"What!? How did you know?" Ascot asked.

Clef gave him the `how-do-you-think-I-know' look.

"The entire time." Ascot sighed.

"That's what I thought." Clef smiled. "You would have found out anyway. I'll tell you more later."

Ascot nodded and they both walked out. Ascot had left his bike at Clef's house the last time he had been over so Clef had kept it with his so they didn't have to go back to Ascot's house to get his bike. Clef got on his bike and started off. Ascot got on his bike as well, and then helped Umi up behind him. "Hold on." He told her. Umi nodded and wrapped her arms around his waist.

"I'm ready!" She shouted. Ascot then rode off behind Clef, to the Tokyo Tower.

When they reached the tower they saw the monster attacking Fuu and some young man with green hair. "What the?" Ascot cried as he slammed on the brakes. "What is that?"

"It's a monster from the land I come from." Umi explained. "Clef, do you have a spell that can take us up there, because it looks like the monster demolished the stairs."

Clef nodded. "I do." He replied.

"Do you guys mind if I stay here?" Ascot wondered.

"Actually that's probably for the best." Umi told him. "We don't want you getting hurt."

"Lets go." Clef said and the two of the rushed to the side of the tower.

Clef held his hand out in the air and his staff appeared in it. "How did you keep that?" Umi asked.

"I was somehow able to hold on to my power to summon my staff and that enabled me to use other spells." Clef replied. He chanted softly and closed his eyes. Umi watched intently until she felt her feet lifting of the ground. She looked below her and saw they both were rising higher and higher.

"It worked!" Umi squealed with delight.

"Of course it worked!" Clef huffed. "What do you think I am? An amateur?"

Umi giggled. Soon they reached the level Fuu was on. They got there just as Fuu's glasses flung to their side of the room.

"I need my glasses now." Fuu said. "Where are they?" She asked.

"Looking for these?" Umi asked as she picked up the glasses.

***

Hikaru sat between Eagle and Lantis in their truck. "Thanks for taking me guys." She smiled. "I'm really lost here."

"No problem." Eagle looked down at her. "We don't mind."

"Nope. We have an empty room anyways." Lantis agreed.

Suddenly Hikaru froze. "Hikaru? Are you okay?" Eagle asked.

"What's wrong?" Lantis asked.

"I don't know." Eagle told him. "You better pull over."

Lantis pulled over to the land next to the road.

Hikaru saw an image of Umi and Fuu at the Tokyo Tower. With them were two young men, a green haired one and… "Clef?" Hikaru mouthed. She snapped out of it.

"Hikaru, are you all right?" Lantis asked.

"Yes. I'm fine." She replied. "Do you two know of a tower around here?" She asked.

"The Tokyo Tower?" Eagle wondered.

"I guess so." Lantis nodded. "Why?"

"I need to get there right away!" Hikaru cried.

"Why?" Lantis and Eagle both asked.

"I just do. I can't explain now!"

Eagle and Lantis looked from Hikaru to each other. They both nodded.

"Let's go!" Eagle shouted.

"Thanks!" Hikaru grinned.

Lantis swerved back on to the road and drove off.

Author's notes: Ya! What did you think? Good, bad? Well I know I STILL havn't had enough of Hikaru but I'll try for more in the next chapter. So can you take a wild guess at who are the rest of the cast aways? Sorry again for taking so long!