Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Demon of Mahora ❯ Free Day pt2 ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Free Day: Danger in the Air
I don’t own Negima.
Here’s the next part of the free day!

Brent was on his skateboard on his way to Cinema Village to meet his group and he was very excited about it. He wanted to go to the place and see what he could dress up as… maybe they had some samurai armor he could shove on. He wondered what the rep would do to him when she saw him there. As he was going along the road he almost ran into an enormous man wearing a tan trench coat that obscured his face, black sunglasses and a gray cap. He swerved to avoid the man but was grabbed round the neck and lifted off the ground for a second before being dropped.

“Hey what’s the big idea you jerk!?” Brent shouted angrily.

“Why are we here? Is there a life after death?” The man said completely ignoring Brent’s question “Do you know why you are here? Why your brother’s are here? Why your demon heritage is hidden from you?”

When the man said the last thing Brent tensed up.

“The world is a cruel place… you know this more than anyone else. You are unique and hated by almost everyone who knows the truth.” The man said “Beware… if you aren’t careful tonight then you will lose something precious to you.”

“What do you mean?” Brent asked.

“BRENT-KUN!” A girl’s voice called from behind him.

He turned to look and saw Kazumi, Ayaka, Chisame, Zazie, Chizuru, and Natsumi walking towards them. He turned to the man again… but he had vanished. His group reached him as he got to his feet looking around.

“You lose something?” Natsumi asked.

“Did you see what way this huge guy in a tan trench coat went?” Brent asked.

He was met with silence and turned to see them looking at him oddly. They all had a confused or worried expression on their faces… even Chisame. But Zazie had a look of surprise on her face Brent registered this and stored it in the back of his mind when Chizuru spoke.

“Brent-kun… no one was there.” She said.

The group of girls registered several things in the scene before them. Brent’s helmet lay by his side split down the middle, his skateboard was upside down beside him and to top it all off.

“BRENT-KUN! YU-YU-YU-YOU’RE BLEEDING!” Natsumi screamed as she pointed at his face.

All the other girls looked where she was pointing and saw a trickle of blood fall down his forehead and screamed as well… except for Chizuru.

“Oh you poor dear! Let’s bandage that up.” She said soothingly.

She rummaged around in her bag for something to wrap it up with but couldn’t find anything. Brent was dazed and his head ached now but he pulled off his backpack and pulled out some gauze. He was still confused… did he really imagine what happened?

“Thank you Chizuru-san.” Brent said as he got to his feet.

“You’re welcome Brent-kun.” She said with a motherly smile.

Brent grabbed his skateboard and slid it in its appropriate slot in his backpack.

“So have you been enjoying your free day?” Brent asked as they walked towards Cinema Village.

They all said pretty much the same thing… they all had a great day so far.

“What about you Brent-kun?” Kazumi asked.

“I’ve been having a great day! Also… when we get to Cinema Village I shall transform into Katagano of the Shinsengumi and shall protect you all!” He shouted dramatically giving them the nice guy pose.

He was smacked on the head by Ayaka as Chizuru and Natsumi giggled, Kazumi smiled, and Chisame deadpanned. Zazie merely looked on in her normal emotionless face. After that the group finally managed to make it to Cinema Village. As Kazumi filmed the surroundings and after twelve minutes she noticed Brent was gone.

“Hey Brent’s gone.” She said.

“AGAIN!” Ayaka shouted angrily.

At this point a person wearing samurai armor walked up to them. The armor was black and had a red sash around there waist. On the persons head was a conical black straw hat and a red silk scarf around his face. On his waist were a long Katana and a Wakizashi

“Is there something wrong?” He said with a strange accent “Is there something I can help you with?”

“We lost our friend!” they all shouted… well Zazie and Chisame didn’t.

“Really? What’s his name?” The man asked gallantly.

“He’s Nakitaka Brent!” Kazumi said.

“Well I, Katagano of the Shinsengumi, shall find your missing friend!” He said dramatically.

The entire group deadpanned and glared at him as he pulled off his scarf. Ayaka tried to smack him but grabbed her wrist. She became furious and a vein appeared on her forehead.

“BRENT-SAN!” She shouted angrily.

“Where?” Brent asked.

Kazumi bonked him on the head and glared at him. Then she smiled.

“Where can we get outfits?” She asked.

After they were all dressed up they wandered around for a while till they saw Konoka and Setsuna being spied on by Haruna and Yue. But something seemed wrong…

“There’s definitely something suspicious going on with those two.” Kazumi said suspiciously.

“I’ll say… Setsuna’s wearing a mans outfit.” Brent said.

Brent sensed something, turned to peer behind him and saw what seemed to be a little girl wearing a simple white dress… a little girl with pupiless blood red eyes. The girl smirked before vanishing. Next thing Brent heard was galloping hooves and turned to see a carriage slide to a stop and a girl he recognized as being after Konoka. He reached for the sword at his waist but realized that this wouldn’t cause problems… they were in a public place… then he remembered that this could be considered a show. After listening closely to the girl for few seconds Brent heard where it would occur at and turned to dash off. He was nearly there when he was pulled down an alley and shoved against the wall.

“Brother… we have a problem.” His brothers voice said.

Averus had appeared before him and looked serious… but he always did so that wasn’t odd.

“I have information for you on one of those who are after you teenage human females.” Averus said.

“Really? Tell me.” Brent said.

“There’s a very young girl that’s been sighted in the village… but she’s a very dangerous demon. The humans have been lucky enough that she hasn’t eaten anyone because she grows stronger with each feeding.” Averus explained coldly “She is young and weak… but she is working with that mage who is after one of your teenage human females… so its none of my concern. I believe she was promised easy prey for her services. If you’re so interested in protecting your so called ‘Angels’ then I’d suggest to kill the girl quickly before she is paid.”

Just then they heard a brief soft feminine scream and an evil laugh. Brent and Averus looked further down the alley and saw a large pool of blood… receding around a corner.

“It seems you’re too late.” Averus said before walking in the opposite direction.

‘Figures.’ Brent thought as he dashed to the oddly blood-free corner.

He turned the corner and saw the little girl from before… but she was changing. Her dress seemed to be fading into her skin which darkened to a maroon. Her body began growing and he heard her bones cracking as spikes burst from her back. When she finally stopped growing she was eleven feet tall and had greasy waist length ebony hair. She stood up and turned around as armor grew over her body till she was covered in greaves and a cuirass. The demonic girl snarled as her claws grew six inches on her left hand and a six foot claymore materializes in her right hand.

“Prey… I need prey.” She said before leaping into the air.

Brent ran down the alley and towards the bridge which was in the direction the demon went. He followed the demon back and forth across the park for a half hour before it finally arrived at the bridge where Brent found all the girls fighting little onmyou that weren’t that dangerous and Setsuna was fighting the girl and seemed to be evenly matched. That’s when he saw the demon land and noticed that Konoka was gone…

“Where is she?” Brent asked himself.

He looked around and then noticed his target on the roof… along with the woman from before. He leapt in their direction… and appeared there in a second with his sword drawn. He heard the twang of an arrow and a thud of its impact… then a burst of severe pain in his chest. He looked down and saw an arrow protruding from his chest… right where his heart is. He saw the large demon girl charging at Konoka but still heard the clash of swords from the bridge. He knew he didn’t have long and quickly vanished from sight only to appear in front of the demon faster than the blink of an eye slashing horizontally bisecting the demon and causing it to fade in a mist. Then he collapsed forwards, his eyes lifeless. Kazumi who was looking up at the time saw the whole thing. When Brent collapsed she screamed as tears fell from her eyes.

“Asakura-san… he’s okay… it’s just an act.” Natsumi tried to reassure her “See he’s getting back up.”

Brent took a shuddering breath as he was engulfed in dark fire and got to his feet. He hated that… they hit his heart but the only way that would kill him is if they hit him dead center in between all four chambers. It still hurt like a bitch though. He saw a summoned demon with a bow take aim and fire again this time aiming for Konoka. He tried to snatch it from the air but missed. He heard a thud and turned to find out if he had failed… and saw Setsuna fall off the roof with an arrow in the chest.

“SE-CHAAAN!” Konoka shouted as she leapt off after her friend.

Brent turned to glare at the two people on the roof. One he recognized as the woman from the previous night and the other was a white haired boy who had no expression on his face. Brent’s eyes flashed red as he readied his sword. Another person landed next to the woman and Brent recognized her as the girl who was fighting Setsuna.

“Be prepared to enter the afterlife.” Brent said in a demonic voice.

This caused a wave of shock to pass over each of their faces. A flash of light blinded him for a second as something hit him throwing him off the roof and down into the water. He shed the armor and floated up to the surface in the under clothes. He saw that Setsuna and Konoka were on the shore perfectly fine and swam over and up onto it.

“Are you two okay?” He asked.

“We’re fine Brent-kun.” Konoka replied.

Suddenly Setsuna whipped Konoka up off her feet and into her arms bridal style and blushed.

“Ojou-sama. As of now we’re heading to your parents house.” She said “We’ll meet up with Kagurazaka-san and the others there.”

“I’m coming too.” Brent declared.

“Fine but we must hurry.” Setsuna replied as she dashed off to the changing room.