Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Demon of Mahora ❯ Training Begins? ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Training Begins?
I know everyone wishes they owned something like Negima… but I don’t.


“This is delicious Sat-chan!” Brent shouted at the top of his voice.

He was sitting at a table at Chao Boa Zi stuffing his face with Fried Rice, Meat Dumplings, Sushi and all kinds of delicious food as Satsuki smiled next to his table.

“Thank you Brent-kun. You can eat here for free whenever you want.” She said happily.

“Awesome!” Brent shouted with a mouthful of Fried Rice.

‘Br..’ A voice echoed.

“MORE PLEASE!” Brent shouted as he finished eating.

‘Brent-k…’ The voice said.

“Of course Brent-Kun but first would you please WAKE UP!” Satsuki said in her voice that changed into Negi’s.

“WHAAA!!!!” Brent screamed as his eyes shot open and he fell out of his chair hitting his head on the wall.

The whole class started laughing as he sat their rambling confusedly.

“Brent-san I didn’t know you loved my cooking so much that you dream about eating it.” Satsuki said.

“Well actually I dream about food quite often.” Brent said after recovering.

“Well now that Nakitaka-san and Sasaki-san are awake we’ll continue.” Negi said.
Brent was walking slowly down the hallway when Makie came out of a side room and saw him.

“Brent-kun!” She said happily.

“Makie!” Ako shouted from behind him “Oh hi Brent-san.”

“Ako! Brent-kun want to come to the gym with us to the gym to see Coach Ninomiya?” She asked.

“Sure why not I’ve nothing better to do this afternoon.” He said.

‘At least not until tomorrow.’ He thought.

A few minutes later the three of them were at the gym with Brent trailing slightly behind the two happily chatting sports girls. They reached the room where Makie’s gymnastic coach was and she reached to knock on the door frame since the door was open.

“Ninomiya-san…” She started to say.

Then they overheard the end of the coach’s sentence.

“Makie is… probably not making the tournament, sad to say.” The coach said.
Makie’s immediate reaction looked like she had slipped on a banana peel and Ako freaked out.

“Oh! Why not?” Shizuna-sensei’s voice echoed out.

“Her techniques good, her athletic ability’s excellent, and she certainly works hard enough at practice… but her energy and straight-forwardness are both… her strength and her weak point.” Ninomiya explained to Shizuna “Put one way she’s happy-go-lucky.”

‘Sound’s like Makie to me.’ Brent thought.

“But, put another, she’s so childish and simplistic she comes off as a grade schooler. It’s like there’s a mental plateau she hasn’t reached yet.” Ninomiya finished.

‘Unfortunately that sounds like her too.’ Brent thought sadly.

“Isn’t that… harsh?” Shizuna asked.

Makie slowly left looking like her world was ending and Ako followed. Brent however remained where he was with his head bowed. He stepped into the room and he heard the two teachers move to look at him.

“Oh Nakitaka-san… what’s wrong?” She asked.

“I heard everything.” He said in a neutral tone.

“Oh… Please don’t tell Makie… it’d devastate her.” Ninomiya requested.

“She and Ako were listening with me… so she already knows. I think she may be a little out of it.” Brent said.

“But if you don’t count her out yet, I’ll see if I can help her grow up a little.” Brent said with a smile.

“Please do that Brent-san. I’d very much appreciate it.” Ninomiya replied.

-4:30 am-
Brent was warming up at the world tree plaza with Negi since he was training with Ku today but instead of doing the fighting forms he had his legs over the railing with his upper body over the edge weighted down with seven fifty pound blocks doing sit-ups.

“One thousand grunt two hundred grunt ninety-nine.” He said as he sat up.

Then she heard a shout.

“NEGI-KUN!” Makie’s voice shrieked happily.

Brent sat up all the way and got off the rail which was when Makie noticed him.

“M-Makie-san! Out on your morning run?” Negi asked.

“Oh Brent-kun are you training with Negi-kun?” She asked happily.

“Yeah I am kind of. How’s your training going?” He asked knowing she was trying to get better for her Gymnastic club.

Makie looked slightly down cast and twiddled her fingers a bit before turning back to Negi.

“What’re you doing Negi-kun?” She asked rapidly “Are those Chinese martial arts from before?!”

“Yep they are.” Brent replied as he started stretching.

“Wow! Well whatever it is it looks good!” Makie told Negi happily “You trying to qualify for the schools upcoming martial arts tournament or what?!”

“N-Not at all…” Negi denied.

“You s-u-ure? Cause your sweaty enough!” Makie said as she moved closer to him.

Makie moved her fist up to her face obscuring her mouth as she started to giggle.

“Negi-kun… is it just me, or are you more grown-up than when we came back from the trip…?” She asked.

Negi looked shocked as stuttered a bit.

“Will you do what you just did again?” Makie asked happily pumping her fist in the air.

“Sure.” Negi replied.

“Kung Fu, huh?” A haughty voice said.

Brent turned and saw Eva, Chachamaru and the tiny puppet Chachazero standing there. The puppet was on top of Chachamaru’s head. Chachamaru looked like she was wearing a sleeveless undershirt from the uniform and an interesting skirt as she bowed politely.

“Aren’t you spunky today?” Eva stated.

“…Whoa! Eva-sama! Chachamaru-san! Morning!” Makie said happily.

‘Sama?’ Brent wondered.

“Hey, good morning!” Negi said.

“So now it’s Kung Fu huh?” Eva asked “Guess you’re not interested in becoming my disciple, then.”

Negi started to freak out why Makie looked very confused about something and Brent raised his eyebrow.

“I-I’m just, um, trying to get down that other guy’s moves, is…” Negi tried to explain in panic.

“Don’t explain to me but I didn’t want to have a disciple anyway.” Eva said.

“What’s going on?” Makie asked in confusion.

As Negi explained to Makie what was going on Brent sat got down and started doing one handed push-ups.

“See ya… ‘kid’.” Eva said “Have fun playing Kung Fu.”

“Wait! Please!” Negi pleaded.

Makie looked rather angry now for some reason and Brent stopped his push-ups to watch what was going to happen.

“Is this jealousy now, mistress?” Chachamaru asked.

“Wh… why would you say that?!” Eva snapped as she started to blush.

“Come on Eva-chan, don’t be so mean to Negi-kun. Why don’t you just make him your disciple?” Makie asked.

“It’s because she’s jealous.” Chachamaru said.

“He’s getting to you, isn’t he?” Chachazero asked Eva.

Eva was bright red now as she grabbed the front of Chachamaru’s shirt and started to try and shake her,

“WILL YOU STOP SAYING THAT!” She shouted.

After she had calmed down she turned to Makie.

“I make it a habit not to spend much time with kids…” Eva said “Including Chit-chat with you, Makie Sasaki.”

Makie looked furious now.

“WHAT DID YOU!” She shouted.

She pointed her finger angrily at Evangeline before continuing to rant.

“Now you see here Eva-‘chan’ you’re not that far from being a child yourself!! Hah! I guess you forgot about that time Negi-kun kicked your- even without your help, he’ll be a master in no time!” She shouted angrily.

“Uh, Makie?” Negi asked.

Eva looked like she was a little peeved now but that faded quickly.

“Makie-san is your memory?” Negi asked.

“My what?” Makie replied in confusion.

Brent then zoned out and watched Negi fight Chachamaru and be quickly beaten as well as the Challenge by Eva to beat Chachamaru by Saturday night using Kung-fu. Brent stood back up and started to walk to the field his brothers trained him in preparing himself for another bad day.