Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Demon of Mahora ❯ Vacation: Results ( Chapter 31 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Vacation: Results
I no own Negima!

Brent awoke to the sound of crying. He sat up quickly and saw the two girls clutching their shoulder in pain.

“Oh my god!” Brent cried “I didn’t know it would hurt you!”

The two girls smiled slightly as they turned to look at him.

“It’s okay Brent-kun… It’s not your fault.” Kazumi said.

“I feel stronger!” Ku said flexing her arm “Let’s go see what we get!”

Ku stood up and ran for the door.

“Ku you might want to get dressed okay!” Brent shouted to her.

An hour later and he met them at the beach… where everyone started staring at something on Kazumi and Ku’s shoulders.

“When did you get tattoos?” Fuka asked.

“Yeah they’re cute!” Fumika added.

Brent then looked and saw what looked like black tattoos on their shoulders. Ku had a tattoo of what looked like her if she sprouted crystal from her shoulders and knuckles, and on her right hand there was a glove that had round glowing gems; she was dressed in the same clothes she wore during the fight on the school trip except there was a fist on her chest. Kazumi’s had her with what looked like small pits along her exposed arms and under her eyes, she had a short scaly tail and wings that were mostly metallic except for a few patches of leathery skin and what looked like five fingered bird talons for hands and on her back was what looked like a small metal backpack in the small of her back between the wings, on her right eye was some kind of golden monocle and over her shoulder was what looked like a mechanical eye; she was wearing a short sleeve shirt and shorts that left most of her legs and stomach exposed.

“Wow… those came out better than I thought.” Brent said after examining the tattoos.

“Brent-san why did you put tattoos on them!” Ayaka demanded.

“Well they saw some a drawing I made of them and they liked it… then I told them I did my brothers tattoo they wanted me to give them one… and its kind of hard to argue with anyone in our class.” Brent explained “So they wanted me to put those on and I did.”

“Oh calm down rep. It was our choice so just live with it.” Kazumi said waving a hand dismissively.

Ayaka fumed and the rest of the class there started to laugh as Ayaka turned and stormed away. As the other girls dispersed Negi, Asuna, Tue, Nodoka, Konoka, and Setsuna remained.

“So why did you really give them tattoos?” Asuna asked.

“I didn’t give them the tattoo. It was part of the ritual that formed some kind of daemon contract. I didn’t know that they would get tattoos. However when I mentioned it they were all for it… you three remember don’t you?” Brent asked Negi, Yue, and Nodoka.

“Yes your right you mentioned something like that last night.” Yue pointed out.

“Well apparently instead of a card they get a tattoo.” Brent mumbled.

“So I’ll put up a zone that will prevent the others from seeing and we’ll see what you can do now.” Setsuna said as she pulled out some sutra “It should be ready in an hour so why don’t you go and see if you can find anything out about the contract?”

Brent nodded and while Setsuna went to set up the area he took Kazumi and Ku Fei to his room. He opened his storage space and pulled out a thick, tattered, dusty, and all together ancient looking leather bound book. To be honest it appeared to be a lot of leather parchment strung together from animal hides and sinew.

“This book is nearly ten thousand years old. My Grandfather spent a thousand years assembling it before it was stolen from him. It took me many years to finally find it and then another several more to actually retrieve it.” Brent said “Unfortunately a good deal of it is in languages I don’t understand.”

“That’s not possible. Civilization has only been around for ten thousand years.” Kazumi pointed out.

“Actually there have been civilizations as far back as fifty thousand years ago… they were magic users and wars were common. Due to egos and hatred if a civilization got conquered every trace of it was destroyed. Eventually things calmed down and things were forgotten.” Brent pointed out.

Kazumi seemed slightly confused but didn’t say anything else as he opened the book and searched through it. Eventually he smiled and set the book onto the table.

“Okay according to this it not only writes a contract but it also searches you mind and soul to find a suitable gift. It will not only give you and artifact or ‘Raepoen’ as this puts it, but it will also change your DNA slightly when you activate the artifact. It will reflect what you would be like as a demon.” Brent explained “So if I understand what this is saying then there are certain things that should tell me what element you are corresponding to.”

He looked at Ku’s tattoo first and after examining it for a little bit he returned to the book.

“Ku according to this you’re earthly, meaning you’re not very bright but your strength is only rivaled by metal. However the crystals shown mean that in the future you’re going to change and become much stronger.” Brent explained before going to examine Kazumi’s

“Kazumi you’re of the air which means that you’re intelligent and curious.” He said “Your wings indicate a quick wit and the metallic parts indicate a stubborn will.”

“Are you saying I’m stubborn?” Kazumi asked playfully.

“Maybe a little.” Brent mumbled “It says that in order to activate it you must concentrate on it.”

Kazumi and Ku closed their eyes and started to focus as Brent continued to peruse the tome. The two girls eventually sat down on the couch or floor as they tried to focus enough to activate the tattoos. Then he felt a flicker of energy and looked up to see Ku starting to emit a purple glow. Her eyes snapped open and he saw that her pupils were now X’s and purple in color. She then bolted upright and groaned as small mounds appeared on her shoulders and upper arms as a small purple orb of light began to expand in front of her chest. Her breathing deepened as the skin on her face seemed to stiffen. When the orb was about six inches in diameter she reached up to cup in both hand and as soon as she touched it there was a flash and the orb vanished leaving the glove from her tattoo on her right hand. Then several purple crystals erupted from the lumps and she shivered before the skin around the crystals seemed to turn to a mix of flesh and stone. Ku opened her eyes and smiled her now slightly pointed teeth.

“This feels cool Brent-kun.” Ku said with a slight growl in her voice.

Then there was another flash from Kazumi and she sprouted wings and talons. When she opened her eyes the left were hawk-like while the thing on her right eye looked like an asterisk and several odd symbols were flashing rapidly across the lens. She smiled and giggled happily as she stood up and twirled on her left foot. When she came to a stop the bag on her back sparked and a strange mechanical eye floated out and zoomed around the room.

“I feel so free!” She said “And I can see everything the eye does!”

The pupil of the floating eye then glowed bright blue and shot a small beam of light which burned a small hole in a small lamp on the bedside table.

“Wow this is fun!” Kazumi said before glowing briefly and returning to normal.

“That’s cool!” Ku shouted as she raised her right hand.

It was nearly immediately covered in the same crystal on her shoulders. She wanted to hit something to see what it would do but Brent talked her into waiting. She was covered in purple light and returned to normal. An hour later Setsuna arrived.

“Come with me and we’ll see what you can do now.” She said.

They followed her into the jungle to a section of semi-level rock that was surrounded by trees with sutra on them.

“Now lets start!” Ku said excitedly before she flashed purple as she assumed her form.

She was soon followed by Kazumi who giggled a bit and rose up into the air and flew around slowly with only the barest of movements of her wings. Soon Kazumi was being followed by three eyes before she landed smiling widely.

“Well it seems to have slightly changed your personality Asakura-san.” Negi stated as he entered the clearing “I don’t remember you being this playful.”

“I know I just feel so free now!” Kazumi said happily.

She then stiffened and ducked as Asuna tried to swipe at her with her Harisen.

“How did you know I was coming?” Asuna asked.

Kazumi smirked over her shoulder and pointed at the eye that was right behind Asuna.

“I saw you.” She stated.

There was then a large explosion and they turned to see Ku had formed the crystal around her gloved fist standing next to the rubble of what was a nine foot boulder.

“Wow I barely touched it and it blew up!” She said as she bounced around happily.

After several hours it was discovered that Ku could form the crystal all over her body so long as there was a six inch by six inch patch of skin left bare and that it absorbed a small part of any energy that hit it. Kazumi could control twelve of the eyes, that they shot beams of heat from the center of their ’pupil’, would spawn out of Kazumi’s backpack if they were destroyed, could become nearly invisible with just a wave in the air like a hot road sometimes got and flew almost as fast as Setsuna could. She also learned that her claws were quite sharp.