Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Negima: Ninja Magi Sensei ❯ Everybody Seems To Be Plotting These Days ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Negima: Ninja Magi Sensei
A Negima Alternate Universe fanfic by Robster80
 
Chapter 11: Everybody Seems To Be Plotting These Days
 
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Negima or its characters, Ken Akamatsu does! I write fanfiction for fun, not profit.
 
Opening notes: This is a Negi/Kaede pairing story. If you do not like this pairing, or not like Kaede, then please stop reading, and no flames! Otherwise, please enjoy!
 
 
 
Chamo turned his head when he heard Asakura enter her dorm. “Well,” he asked, “how's aniki?”
 
“Not good, I'm afraid,” she replied, dropping her school bag to the floor and taking off her shoes. “You should have seen him in class today, Chamo; he was totally not focused on the lessons. It didn't help that Evangeline's ditching classes as a protest against him. I think she's playing head games with him that way.”

“Must be,” the ermine mused while taking out a coffin nail. “And your classmates?”

“They're all, or at least most of them are concerned about it. Misora was pressed into telling them it's a bully, but said no more than that.”
 
“Well, that's part of the truth, at least. Being a nun, Misora-nesan can't lie. Anything else to report?”

“Just that Chachamaru's seemingly not a bad person. When she told us about Evangeline's ditching class, she offered to go fetch her as in the classroom she has to obey Negi as he's the teacher. She does bad things because Evangeline orders her to.”
 
Chamo took a long drag form his smoke. “That's not good. We're still gonna have to fight her to get through to Evangeline, and this might make aniki not want to fight her, even though we'll have his pactio partner do that for him.”

“And I'm glad you brought up the pactio thing,” Asakura added, smiling. “I think I have a plan for scoring lots of pactio cards.”
 
“Oh?! Do tell, do tell!”
 
Asakura walked over and sat down at the table. “It seems Class Rep's had second thoughts about her living in the dorms…”
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
 
 
Negi sat alone on the steps at the north side of Mahora Academy, preoccupied with thoughts about Evangeline and how to deal with her. He hadn't been a teacher for a full semester, and already he had a student skipping class. Of course, she also had a history with his father and wanted to suck his blood, which didn't help matters at all. He had never dealt with this kind of situation before; he wasn't sure what he should do. He could tell Dean Konoe to Takahata, but Evangeline was his student, and he should resolve the conflict with her on his own.
 
Negi also thought about how now three of his students knew about his secret. With Chamo going to Asakura on his own, now she was caught up in Negi's world of magic, and she could get hurt or worse if Evangeline found out. Then again, Evangeline had already attacked three of his students, and had injured two of them, so she wasn't above using the other girls to get to him. Chachamaru showing up for classes didn't ease his mind, either; she could report everything he said or did to her master afterwards.
 
Also, there was the senior high student, Takane D. Goodman. She wasn't his student, so how could he deal with her? Without proof of her involvement, he couldn't report her to her mother, whom Misora explained was a well-respected and well-liked teacher at the college. It would be his word against Takane's, and he highly doubted Prof. Goodman would take the word of a ten-year-old teacher over her own child's.
 
“Negi-sensei?”
 
Blinking, Negi sat up, startled by the voice. He turned. “M-Miyazaki-san?”
 
Nodoka nodded, blushing a bit. “I… I saw you sitting here and… well… after today's classes… I was… worried about you.”
 
Hiding several yards away behind some nearby trees, Yue and Haruna watched Nodoka talking to Negi. They had brought Nodoka to find him and speak to him, not just to check on their teacher, but also to have Nodoka talk to him more. The girls also wanted to have Nodoka ask Negi if he was considering moving out of Kaede's room and would like to move in with Yue and her.
 
Yue kept looking about, on the lookout for anyone who would walk by and possibly interrupt Nodoka, like their classmates. Haruna kept watching Negi and Nodoka, a sly grin on her face. The change they had noticed in their friend was something they wanted to see further develop, and what better way for them to ensure this than by having Nodoka open up to the source of her change - Negi himself.
 
Don't try to ask him about moving just yet, Nodoka, Haruna thought. Get him to open up a little first, and then seize the opportunity! But don't take too long before somebody shows up and you miss your chance!
 
PLEASE don't let anybody from our class show up, Yue mentally pleaded to whatever deity was listening or watching. Please don't let Nodoka's chances be ruined! And especially don't let her freeze up!
 
“I… Misora-san said that… Sensei, is it true someone is bullying you?”
 
Negi was surprised by Nodoka's question. Bullying? He thought about it quickly, and realized that was exactly what was going on. “…You could say that…”
 
It hurt Nodoka to see Negi looking so hurt and helpless. “I… I've never been bullied before… but I… I've read some books on the subject… and I have them still. That is… if you'd like to borrow them… sensei…”
 
“Sounds like a good idea, de gozaru.”
 
Nodoka and Negi gasped, spinning around to see Kaede and Ku-Fei standing nearby.
 
Haruna and Yue flinched in total surprise. Where'd THEY come from?! I/We didn't even see them!
 
Kaede bowed respectfully to Nodoka. “Please pardon us, Nodoka-dono. However, Ku-dono and I would like to speak to Negi-kun in private. It will be just a moment, and then you can finish your conversation.”
 
“O-oh… that's… that's okay… I should get to my club, anyways…” Blushing again, Nodoka bows to Kaede and to Negi before she takes off running. I didn't even get to ask him… but that's okay. Right now, dealing with bullies is more important than changing room assignments, anyway. …And this was Yue's idea, not mine…
 
Blast it all, Yue thought bitterly, her one eye twitching. Damn you, Kaede; if you weren't a ninja, I'd pay you back for this! “Haruna, let's go.”
 
“Blast it,” Haruna fumed as she and Yue left. “Next time, that Kaede's going down!”

“How?”

“…I'll let you know.”
 
“What's up, Nagase-san-?” Negi asked.
 
Kaede opened her mouth to tell Negi not to address her formally outside of class, but she quickly changed her mind. Instead, she said, “I have an idea, Negi-kun, that'll help deal with your bully problems.”

“You want me beat bully up?” Ku-Fei asked.
 
But Kaede shook her head. “Ku-dono, you're going to teach Negi-kun martial arts. At least, you'll teach him the basics.”
 
“Martial arts?” Negi asked.
 
Ku-Fei also looked confused. “Me no get it.”
 
“All I can say is that while you helping defend Negi-kun would be nice, he should still learn to fight his own battles. I would teach him myself, but I've only done ninja training, not martial arts.”
 
Negi blinked. “W-wait, Ku-san knows about-?”

“Yes, me know,” Ku-Fei stated. “But me keep secret. Kaede beat me up if I tell. She strong fighter.”
 
Negi looked back and forth between the two girls. Finally, he looked at Kaede. “Ummm, how much does-?”

“Me not know much about what going on, Negi-bozu. But me wanna help still. You want learn Chinese martial arts? Me teach.”
 
“I've told her also,” Kaede added, “that this has to be top secret. Nobody can find out what we're doing. If anyone asks, we're studying.”

Thinking about it, Negi was glad that Kaede had presented him this idea; Ku-Fei didn't know too much about the problem, let alone his secret. Also, he didn't want to be caught off guard again like he had been the night before, and he never wanted to feel helpless again. Plus, if he learned well enough, then perhaps he wouldn't have to make a pactio just yet.
 
The idea that they would be studying was also a terrific cover - Kaede and Ku were both part of the Baka Rangers, so everyone would believe their story about him tutoring them after classes.
 
“…Very well. Nagase-san, Ku-san…” He bowed to both of them. “Arigato.”
 
“We start early tomorrow,” Ku said. “Go to bed early and sleep plenty. Come morning, you mine.”

“I'll join you as well,” Kaede added. “Maybe I can learn a few things myself.”
 
“Kaede sound like no trust me. No worry, me no ask Negi-bozu to move in my room. Like I say, you kick my butt.” Ku then thought of something. “Kaede, you teach Negi-bozu to be ninja?”
 
She smiled and winked. “Mayyyyyyyybe.”
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
 
 
“I'll get it,” Natsumi said as she headed for the door of hers, Chizuru's, and Ayaka's dorm room. To her surprise, Asakura was waiting outside. “Oh, Asakura.”
 
“Hiya, Natsumi! Is Class Rep in?”
 
“Yeah, but she's on the phone with her parents-.”

I just hung up,” they ehard Ayaka sing from inside. “Is it Negi-sensei?
 
“Just me,” Asakura called into the room, walking in as Natsumi stepped aside. “Could I have a word with you about your new mansion?”
 
“Very well, but make it quick. I want to go and find Negi-sensei and see how he's doing.”
 
“Would you like us to leave?” Chizuru asked, wearing an apron. “I'm almost done baking some cookies for Negi-kun. I thought they'd cheer him up a little.”
 
“By all means, stay. You, too, Natsumi. This might concern you both, and all the girls in class. See, I have an idea.”
 
The three girls listen intently.
 
“First, let me ask this: Class Rep, what kind of entertainment had you planned for your housewarming party?”
 
At this, Ayake tapped her chin in thought with one finger. “Honestly, I hadn't thought about it. I mean, there's only so much Negi-sensei and I could do…”

“So it's just you and Negi-kun for your party, is it? As his manager, I don't think I or Kaede would allow that. Besides, for my plan I'd need most of our class attending for a little game I've got in the works.”

“A game?” Natsumi asked. “What kind of game?”
 
Asakura grinned slyly. “The object of the game… is to give Negi-kun a kiss. On the lips.”
 
“A kiss?” Chisame asked with a small smile.

“On his lips?” Natsumi added, a little confused and surprised by the idea.
 
Ayaka had stars in her eyes as the idea of her and Negi kissing filled her head. She grabbed Asakura and nodded vigorously. “I approve! I greatly approve of your suggestion, Asakura! I'll invite the whole class-!”

“Uh, how about I handle the invitations, Class Rep? see, I already know whom to NOT invite as 31 girls involved in my upcoming game would be overkill.” Plus I don't wanna tip off Evangeline and Chachamaru about what my game REALLY is for. “Also, we need to keep this strictly hush-hush. See, I haven't finished planning my game thoroughly plus I'll need to call in one or two favors to pull it off.”
 
“Very well, but keep me posted on your progress! Also, I'll inform you when the mansion is fully open.”
 
“I'd appreciate it.” Heh, heh, heh! Phase 1 of the plan is complete. Now for stage 2… I just hope Satomi isn't too busy with her club activities, and that Chachamaru isn't there…
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
 
 
Evangeline opened her eyes and saw it was late in the afternoon. She had gone up to the roof of the one building to sleep the day away. Sitting up, she stretched her arms and gave a small yawn. “That was a nice nap.”
 
“Skipping class?”

Turning her head, Evangeline saw Takane approach her, wearing the black and white high school uniform of the senior high class. “Thought I'd give Springfield something to worry about. Chachamaru will give me the notes for the lessons and keep me informed if he's up to something.”
 
“Well, we'd better watch our step from here on out,” Takane said, frowning. “My mom told me she heard from the dean about the Cherry Blossom Path attacks.”

“We can't do any more anyways, Goodman. The full moon has passed, so my powers are dwindled.”
 
“What are we going to do about that Nagase girl?”
 
“Nothing.” Evangeline then stood up, dusting her skirt and uniform off. “Little miss ninja girl may be tough, but against the likes of Chachamaru and myself, she'd be street pizza. And yes, she did strike me, but only because my guard was down.”

“But what if the bozu makes her his pactio partner?”

“Oh, he won't. Boys his age don't think about partners this early. Besides, he wouldn't risk placing his precious students in danger. That gives us the advantage.”
 
“And the nuns?”
 
“They're pushovers.”

Sighing a little, Takane nods. “Okay, if you say so. …So we just wait for the next full moon.”

“There's no alternative. The next 27 or so days are going to be so boring. At least, though, I can play lots of head-games with boya. And he's too scared to try and make me come to class. Like I even need to. 15 straight years is enough. I need a break.”
 
“Master.”

Smiling, Evangeline waved Chachamaru over to her and Takane. “So, Chachamaru… how were classes?”

“Negi-sensei seems quite troubled, master. Most of the class is concerned for him. Kagusa Misora explained that someone is bullying Negi-sensei, however, when she was pressed for questions along with Kaede Nagase. Also, Makie Sasaki and Ako Izumi returned to class, seemingly normal and healthy.”
 
“Good. No one suspects a thing then. Keep a close watch on what goes on in class and afterwards. I want to know boya's every movement.”

“Should I skip my club activities then?”

“…No, that's not necessary. It would be a bit suspicious anyways.”
 
“Suppose he tries attacking you or Chachamaru outside of classes?” Takane asked.
 
“He won't. While we are his enemies, the two of us are still his students.” Evangeline smiled. “That will be his downfall.”
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
 
 
Ku-Fei rubbed her chin as she stared down at the fallen, panting Negi. He lay out on his back on the grassy knoll where he was being trained in Chinese martial arts. They had gone through several sparring matches, and Ku was the victor each time.
 
“You get better,” she said to him, “little by little. Learn more from losing than winning.” She turned to Kaede. “What you think?”
 
Nodding, Kaede sat a distance from her classmate and their teacher. “We still got time for one more match before breakfast and prepare for class.”
 
But Ku shook her head. “No. This enough for first lesson. And we not want risk being found out.”
 
“…Hai, you're right.” Kaede got off her perch on the short wall and moved towards Negi. “Come on, Negi-kun. I'll fix you a big breakfast to help regain your energy.”
 
However, Negi didn't move at all. He still lay on the ground, facing the sky. “S-sorry, Nagase-san… but… I'm afraid I can't move…”

“…Me afraid this happen,” Ku said as she and Kaede moved to lift Negi up off his back. “Maybe me too hard on Negi-bozu for first lesson. We give Negi-bozu rubdown before class.”
 
“Will… will it always be like this…. Ku-Fei-san?”
 
“Negi-bozu's body not used to such training. You be fine after three, four lessons, and also rubdowns and icing.”

“And a good meal,” Kaede added as they moved towards the dorms. “But let's get a move on before somebody notices us.”
 
“Kaede worried bully see us?”

“That, and more…”
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
 
 
Negi felt MUCH better after Kaede and Ku gave him a full body rubdown and feeding him a hot, healthy breakfast. By the time classes began, he hardly felt any pain from his first morning of martial arts training. The only thing that nearly killed his good mood was that he and Kaede encountered Evangeline right before classes started.
 
“You don't mind if I skip class again today, do you, sensei?” she had asked in a very hoity tone. “Today seems like too nice a day for me to stay cooped up inside listening to a boring ten-year-old's lessons.”
 
That statement nearly had Kaede charge at the smaller girl, but Negi restrained her somehow and they parted ways with Evangeline.
 
During classes that day, there came an announcement over the speakers. Dean Konoe's voice boomed over the campus: “Attention all students and faculty! This is Dean Konoe speaking, with an important announcement. Due to complications beyond my and the school board's control, all of tomorrow's scheduled classes and faculty meetings have been cancelled; in short, Mahora will have a three day weekend beginning this evening. But remember, you students, you will still need to do your assigned homework to be handed in on Monday. I repeat, no classes this weekend starting tomorrow. That is all.
 
Everyone blinked at this, including Kaede. Had Dean Konoe just handed her and Negi a chance to get in three full days of ninja training? This might work out in our favor, de gozaru!
 
The other girls had similar, yet alternate ideas involving the extended weekend and/or Negi.
 
Three-day weekend make excellent time for teaching Negi-bozu Chinese martial arts, aru. Maybe Kaede take me and Negi-bozu on weekend trip with her, too.
 
This extended weekend could be an opportunity for asking Negi-kun to have a dinner with dad and me.
 
Three whole days off means three days to get closer to Negi-kun. Maybe even have a little sleepover when Kaede goes away as she usually does on the weekend.
 
I hope Konoka doesn't ask that bozu to spend the weekend in our dorm room. I couldn't stand it.
 
Maybe Sister Shakti and I could give Negi-kun some extra magic training to deal with Evangeline and her two stooges. If Kaede agrees with the idea, that is.
 
Why do I feel that the Dean is plotting something with this extension of the weekend?
 
Nodoka could use this weekend as an opportunity for a long study session with Negi-sensei. So could I, I guess…
 
Less classes means more time for me to further develop the little game I'm planning for Ayaka's party.
 
With his back to the classroom as he wrote on the blackboard, Negi suddenly felt a large chill run down and back up his spine. He glanced quickly behind him, and nearly froze from the looks in his students' eyes. Suddenly, I've got the feeling I'm in for a long, not-so-quiet weekend.
 
 
End Chapter 11
 
Closing notes: Special thanks to animegamemaster6 for beta reading this chapter. Again, sorry for the lateness in this chapter. Between work, taxes, video games, and just plain loss of interest, this chapter got held up for a while. I'm considering speeding things up a bit to get this series further rolling to where I want it to go.
 
Thanks to everyone who offered to be my beta reader for this series.
 
Please read & review.
 
-R80