Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Negima: Ninja Magi Sensei ❯ Dragon's Eye for Girls ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Negima: Ninja Magi Sensei
A Negima Alternate Universe fanfic by Robster80
 
Chapter 13: Dragon's Eye for Girls
 
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Negima or its characters, Ken Akamatsu does! I write fanfiction for fun, not profit.
 
Opening notes: This is a Negi/Kaede pairing story. If you do not like this pairing, or not like Kaede, then please stop reading, and no flames! Otherwise, please enjoy!
 
 
 
“…He's waking up, Nekane-neesan.”
 
“Stay back, Negi! He could be dangerous, even if he's a hatchling.”
 
Slowly opening his eyes, the little dragon woke up to find itself inside a home instead of out in the mountains. He lifted his head and then stopped as a sharp pain struck him from his neck.
 
“Easy now, you're still not fully healed,” a soft voice said kindly.
 
The dragon looked to see a human female with flowing blonde hair smiling down at him. He was confused; why wasn't this human afraid of him? Weren't all humans wary of dragons, even baby ones?
 
And where was he? The last he could recall, he was at the foot of several mountains in the country of Wales, and he was injured trying to escape from several hungry adult dragons. All because he was born with white coloring instead of green or brown or even black.
 
“Oh dear, his wounds are bleeding through the dressings again,” the girl said. “Negi, go get some more bandages-.”

“I got them here, neesan.” A little boy with brown hair and glasses held up several fresh medical wraps and a bottle. “And I got the rubbing alcohol, too.”
 
“Good boy!” She turned back to the dragon and started to undo his reddening bandages. “Don't worry, little one. We'll take care of you. After all, white dragons are special from where Negi and I originally come from.”
 
“Can we keep him, Nekane-neesan?” Negi asked. “You always told me hatchlings don't survive on their own.”
 
“We'll discuss it later, Negi. But we're not going to let him out of our sight until he's fully recovered, that's for sure.”
 
The dragon watched as his wounds were rinsed with the rubbing alcohol and then fresh wrappings were applied. His pain lessened from this, and he smiled weakly. While he couldn't speak human, he gave a tiny chirp of thanks.
 
Nekane smiled at him warmly. “Oh you're quite welcome, little one.
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
 
 
“And that's my first memory of aniki and anesan,” Heathcliff explained as he sat in Negi's arms. “They raised me, fed me, and taught me to speak in several languages, all human, of course.”
 
“He and I took Japanese lessons together,” Negi added.
 
“And his Japanese is as excellent as yours, Negi-kun,” Kaede replied. “No accent whatsoever.”
 
“We studied from a man who stayed with a colony of Japanese dragons for fifteen years,” Heathcliff explained, “and they taught him the language.”
 
After introductions and some talking, Kaede and Negi invited Heathcliff to join them in the bath, and the hot water felt very good to his tired wings. The dragon explained his journey from Wales; he snuck aboard a plane to New York and then switched flights out as far as the Hawaiian Islands before he had to get on a boat for Japan. From there he made his way, as stealthy as he could, through cities towns, and forests to make it to where they all were.
 
“You shouldn't have come, though,” Negi said.
 
“Aniki, when I got word Chamo fled Wales, I figured he'd seek you out. You know I don't trust the little weasel.”
 
“On that I can agree with you, Heathcliff-dono,” Kaede commented, ticking his chin with one finger.
 
“H-hey, hey! No playing on… my… sympathies…” Heathcliff's protests died down as Kaede changed tactics and started petting his head. “B-blast you…. That's my weak spot…”
 
Negi chuckled at this. “Come now, Heathcliff. Kaede-san's very nice.”

“If she is nice, how come she's sharing a bath with you?”

“And you as well now.”

“…Okay, toots, you win that one. But still, I'm glad aniki has at least one other ally than those nuns you both mentioned.”

“What about Asakura-san and Chamo?”
 
“Too soon to say. I'll grill this reporter girl when we get back to the Academy.”

Negi's eyed widened. “Wait. You're not coming back with us-!”

“Why not? I don't eat much, I'm housebroken, and I can be quiet as a mouse.”

Kaede frowned. “An ermine, we could get away with, but a dragon hatchling is a different story altogether, de gozaru. Not too many dragons as pets around here.”
 
“I am NOT leaving aniki alone in a dorm full of girls, especially with Chamo also in said dorm! When and if aniki needs a pactio partner, I'll be the one who makes the final decision of whom that will be.”
 
Kaede raised an eyebrow. “You?”
 
“Unlike that ermine, I've been doing research on human males and females; how they interact with each other, dating, marriages, and all that jazz.”

All he's done is read romance novels and watch a lot of soap operas, Negi thinks, sweatdropping.
 
“It'll take more than just a pretty face, killer body and long legs to meet my standards.”

“Oh, de gozaru?”
 
Heathcliff stretched then and gave a yawn. “I'll show you in the morning. After traveling all day, I'm beat.”
 
“Agreed. Let's all get some sleep, then. We'll resume the training early in the morning.” Kaede helps Negi climb out of the drum, and then gets out herself, followed by Heathcliff. They dry off using towels Kaede had set aside earlier, then slipped into sleepwear and went into the tent.
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
 
 
We're close,” Cocone said softly as she and Misora trekked through the woods. The sun had fully risen in the background, mostly concealed by the trees, and the two girls had finished their chores earlier that morning. Now they were trying to find Negi and Kaede, and see if maybe they could help Negi prepare for the inevitable rematch with Evangeline.
 
“I hope Kaede's training wasn't too difficult for Negi-kun,” Misora muttered. “I mean, it's not like she trains like they do in Naruto, right?”

That's just a story, Misora. It's not real.

“Yeah… right…”
 
The two girls soon exited the woods to see a clearing before them. They find a tent put up at the top of the hill in the middle of the clearing, and decide to investigate closer.
 
Is this it?

Cocone nods. “Negi Springfield is inside.
 
We'll take a little peek just to be safe.

Quietly, Misora opened the tent and she and Cocone stuck their heads in. sure enogh, inside, sleeping, were Negi, Kaede, and…
 
Cocone's eyes widened. “Dragon.
 
Misora, too, was shocked. Curled up and sleeping on Negi's belly was a small white dragon. “…Whoa…
 
KER-KICK!
 
“Ah! C-Cocone, no!” Misora cried out as Cocone rushed in and kicked Heathcliff hard into the other end of the tent. This woke everybody up from their sleep.
 
“Wha, wha, wha? I'm up, I'm up,” Heathcliff sputtered, half asleep still, as he sat against the tent's wall looking about.
 
“What's going on, de gozaru?”

“Huh? Misora-san? Cocone-san, what are you doing?!”
 
Misora had managed to get a hold on Cocone, keeping her back as the smaller girl tried to move towards Heathcliff. “Negi-sensei, what's a dragon doing in the tent with you?!”
 
“Ow! Why do I feel like somebody kicked me?”
 
Hate dragons,” Cocone said, glaring at Heathcliff. “Hate them.
 
“Uh, perhaps we should discuss this outside,” Kaede suggested, kicking off the covers to show she was in her gi, ready to go. “Heathcliff-dono, stay in here.”

“No problem!”
 
The four humans exit the tent and Kaede closes its flaps before Misora lets Cocone go. Kaede stood guard at the tent's entrance. “Now what was that all about?”
 
“Gomen nasai,” Misora said, bowing. “Cocone-chan has a bad history with dragons. We don't like to talk about it. Now, what's that dragon doing here in Japan? That's a rare-.”
 
“A rare white gargonian dragon hatchling, I know,” Negi stated. “His name is Heathcliff and he's like Chamo - a friend. My sister and I treated him when we found him badly injured some years ago back in Wales, and he's been with us ever since. He's never hurt anybody, honest. …Except Chamo on occasion, but they never do get along anyways.”
 
“So why'd he here? And before you ask, Cocone and I came out here to see if Negi-sensei wanted some magical training. You know, for when Evangeline and her two flunkies next attack.”

“Understandable. As for your question, Heathcliff-dono came because he is concerned for Negi-kun, de gozaru. Especially since Chamo-san is here as well.”

“Yeah, I don't trust that ermine any further than I could kick him. …But what happens now?”
 
Get rid of it.

Kaede looked at Cocone. “And how would we do that? Send him back to Wales partial post? Last night, I was the same way about Heathcliff-dono staying with Negi-kun, but I've thought about it a little more. Even if we did send him home, he's going to come back. Why?” She turns to Negi. “Because he's loyal to his friends. Also he cares about Negi-kun's wellbeing.”
 
Misora scratched her head, trying to think. “But… hiding a dragon hatchling in an all-girls dormitory? We got lucky enough with Chamo as he's an ermine, a more common animal. Dragons are supposed to be a myth, after all.”
 
Negi knew she was right, but he still thought about what Kaede said. “It would be difficult… but perhaps… we could have him pose as a stuffed toy.”
 
“I could do that,” Heathcliff stated, sticking his head out of the tent flaps. “Plus I can control my fire-breathing-. Eeep!” He ducked back into the tent when Cocone shot him a heated glare. “Anyway, I'm not leaving aniki alone with a school full of corrupting girls and that ecchi ermine! I'll be the one who decides who aniki's pactio partner is.
 
“Hey,” Misora said, marching up to the tent. “Not all the girls in my class are corruptive. They're just… mischievous. And what does a hatchling know about girls and pactios, huh?”
 
Heathcliff flies out, flapping his wings to stay eyelevel with Misora. “Plenty! Want a demonstration?”
 
“…Sure. Why not?”
 
“Just keep your little friend away from me and I'll show you.” He looks at Cocone. “I won't hurt her or do anything indecent. If I do… I'll let you kick me.”
 
“Uh, what exactly are you going to do?” Negi asked.
 
“Watch. First, back up a bit and stand up straight for me, miss nun.”

“It's Misora,” she replied, but she obeyed, taking a few steps back and standing up fully. She watched as Heathcliff flew slowly around her, looking at her up and down very carefully. She felt him tap her legs with the back of one claw as he worked his way upward, going “Hmmm,” and “mm-hmm,” a lot.
 
This is… kinda weird, being scrutinized by a baby dragon.
 
Heathcliff suddenly got out a cloth tape measure, like the kind used by tailors, and used it to measure Misora's waist, hip, and her bust. When he finished with each measurement, he clicked his tongue once or twice, still thinking. Then, he flew up to examine Misora's face, eyes, and even the inside of her mouth.
 
“Say, you oughta see a dentist,” he said at last, “you got two cavities that need filling.” Then he flew back a little and rubbed his chin. “…I'm going to put you down as a `maybe' for now.”
 
“A… a maybe? W-wait, you were checking me out for a partner for Negi-sensei? I already have a pactio with Cocone, pal; I don't need to be split between two magi.”
 
“Which is another reason why I didn't say you'd be on the official list, toots.”
 
“And I suppose Kaede there's on the list, right?”

Heathcliff shook his head. “I haven't gotten to check her out yet.”

“And that will wait for another time, de gozaru. Negi-kun and I have training to get started on, and we're a little behind schedule.” Kaede grabbed her backpack. “You're all welcome to come and watch, but you cannot speak of what you saw here. Come, Negi-kun.”
 
“Uh, right. Misora-san, Cocone-san, if you're going back, could you please take Heathcliff back to my room for me?”
 
Heathcliff zipped over to Negi and latched onto his arm. “Oh no! I'm staying with you.”
 
“But-!”

“It's okay,” Kaede said with a small smile. “He may stay with us. Besides, if he did go back and suddenly encountered Chamo-san… there would be a lot of damage at the dorms.”
 
Blushing, Heathcliff put a claw behind his head. “Yeah… when it comes to that ermine, I sometimes lose my cool…”
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
 
 
Chamo paced one the floor of the dorm room, Asakura watching while she sat in a chair by the table. It was the last day of the weekend, and Kaede and Negi had yet to return from their training trip. “Where are they?” Chamo asked quietly. “What's taking them so long?”

“Calm down, will you?” Asakura muttered. “Watching you pace about is making me dizzy. And you'll wear out a hole in the floor, too.”

“I'm just worried about Negi. We've kept a close eye on Evangeline and her buddies while Negi and Kaede went away, and they're keeping quiet. Too quiet, for my tastes.”

“Well, Evangeline can't do anything until the next full moon, right? And that's weeks away.”

“She can't do anything till then… but Takane D. Goodman and Chachamaru can.”
 
“Chamo, you and I followed Chachamaru for a full day; we saw she's not a bad person, but she takes orders from one.”
 
Chamo hopped up onto the table to better look Asakura in the eye. “Rescuing a kitty, helping an old lady cross the street, and returning a kiddy's balloon from a tree are boy scout deeds that any sap can do. I think she only did those things to throw us off track.”
 
Asakura crossed her arms. “You don't trust anybody, do you?”
 
“Hey, I do, too! I trust Negi. And Kaede-neesan. And I trust you, too. After all, you're helping me with the other plan.”
 
This made Asakura smile slyly. “That's true. Although, don't you think Evangeline will be suspicious when she and Chachamaru don't get invited to next weekend's party?”

“You kidding? Aside from that Satomi gal from the science club, they don't interact much or at all with their classmates. They won't care if they're left out. However, you did make it clear that Negi's invite is kept private, right?”
 
“Yep. And Ayaka's too happy to bother inquiring why we don't want anybody else to know Negi-kun's the guest of honor, or even attending-.”

They stop as the room door suddenly opened. They turned to see Kaede and Negi walk into view. “Hey, welcome home, you two.”
 
“Aniki! Kaede-nesan! About time you two got back, I was getting worried.”
 
“Sorry,” Negi said, bowing in apology. “How were things while I was gone?”

“As expected, the girls were nuts wondering where you went. How was the training?”
 
At this, Negi sighed. “I still have a long way to reach the same level as Kaede-san.”

Kaede giggled and put an arm around Negi. “But for only three days' training, Negi-kun has achieved quite much, de gozaru. And Chamo-kun, we brought you a little surprise.”

“A surprise, huh? Where is it?”

Kaede points to her one backpack sitting against the wall, and Chamo hops off the table, moving towards it. However, as he got close to it, he slowed down and stops. “Wait a second,” he muttered, raising his head to sniff the air. “This smell… but no, it's can't be! I must be imagining it.”

He wanders closer to the backpack, but when he reached it, he sniffed again, and froze. “No, wait! I'm sure of it! I smell-!”

The main zipper of the backpack unzipped quickly and a streak of white and blue flew out from its open mouth. Chamo was flown backward as he felt a claw grasp his furry, slim body. He trembled greatly, staring into two large blue eyes and a wide smile of jagged teeth.
 
“You said it, ermine,” Heathcliff hissed sinisterly. “And how.”
 
“Wh… what in the world…” Asakura stood up, knocking back her chair. “Is that… a dragon?!”
 
Kaede nodded with a smile. “Asakura-san, meet Heathcliff-dono, Negi-kun's friend from Wales. As you can see, he already knows Chamo-san.”
 
“Bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-but what's HE doing here?!” Chamo cried weakly. “How'd he get here?”
 
“Like you, I sneaked my way here. As for why, I'm here to find aniki a suitable partner; unlike you, you half-brother to a weasel!”
 
“Uh, I think that would be an insult to the weasel, de gozaru.”
 
Negi moved to separate the two animals. “Now, now… Heathcliff, you promised to behave while you stayed with us. And that include getting along with Chamo.” He looked at Chamo next. “And you'll put aside your differences as well, Chamo, or I'll send you back home.”
 
“M-me?! But aniki, why-?”
 
“Heathcliff has the same warning. I will not play favorites here.”
 
Chamo sweated, but he gave a nod of acknowledgement. This is going to make my plan harder than it already is… I'll just have to play my cards verrrrrrry carefully.
 
“So, Negi-kun,” Asakura said, moving to kneel down to look at Heathcliff better. “How is it you have a baby dragon for a pet?”
 
“Hey, toots, I'm not a pet; I'm family.”
 
Kaede giggled; things were going to be more and more interesting…
 
 
End Chapter 13
 
 
Closing Notes: Well, folks, here's chapter 13. Hope you enjoyed it.
 
I have something to discuss, pertaining to the recent arguments over Kaede's rank among the top five with the largest busts in class 2/3-A. I've checked Wikipedia, and it does say she's the 2nd ranked girl in the class. HOWEVER, the Negima Wikia page which started recently says that she's the 3rd ranked girl. But frankly, I don't care anymore! 3rd rank is what I heard first, so that's what I'm sticking with. Besides, can anybody REALLY trust what either Wikipedia or the Wikias say, when just about anybody can rewrite any information down there it's legit or not? Not me, that's for sure.
 
Again, I'm sorry if the training got cropped, but as I mentioned before, I don't really know much about ninja training, plus Kaede's training is mainly self-taught to begin with. Chalk it up to my being a lazy person, or that I'm more of a pirates fan than a ninja fan. …Sorry, I couldn't resist that little joke.
 
And in case anybody is curious, the chapter's title is a play of sorts on “Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.”
 
I've decided to try and wrap up this story in the next so-many chapters, with Ayaka's party and the rematch with Evangeline. Why? Because as you all noticed, my writing drive has taken a serious nosedive. Once this is done, I'm going to take a break from writing until further notice.
 
Please read & review. Chapter 14… TBD.