Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Why People Go..... ❯ .....Up To Eleven ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
-----Author’s note: Alright, my turn (‘my’ meaning True Serac)!

I do not own Negima!, and as far as I know, Master Masa Random doesn’t, either. If he does, however, he has been holding out on me, and we need to have a talk. Enjoy.....-----


“Negi-kun, that’s not right.....”

“I-I’ve never done this before.....When you asked me t-to play a game.....I didn’t think you meant.....”

“You should have thought about that before agreeing, boya.....”

Masayoshi’s ear twitched a little bit as he listened intently to whatever it was that was going on in the room beside them. He was currently sitting on a stool, a glass placed against the wall between himself and only God knows what ‘game’ was being held.

“We wanna listen, too!” Fuuka shouted, jumping up onto her friend’s shoulders and reaching for the glass. Fumika came at it from the front, the twins successfully pulling off a kind of pincer formation.

“H-Hey, ok, ok!” The twins backed off a couple of inches, giving Masayoshi enough room to delve into his pocket to pull out a couple fo shot glasses for them to use.

“Hey, we want big cups, too!” Fuuka exclaimed, putting her hand son her hips.

“Give it time, you’re still growing.....Wait.....I shouldn’t have said that, huh?” The stunned and red faces of the twins told him that, no, he should not have said that, “Anyway, you’re still small enough that shot glasses work just fine.”

“What did you have shot glasses in your pocket for, anyway, Wan Wan-san?” Fumika asked quietly, leaning from side to side.

Overlooking the whole ‘dog’ nickname that he had been given, Masayoshi shrugged a little before replying, “There’s this one game that Sakurako wanted to play, earlier today. We got to drink tequilas off of her stomach.....”

And Fumika was down.

“I-I was just kidding.....That wasn’t what we needed shot glasses for.....”

Fuuka let out a sigh of relief, glad she hadn’t missed anything so awesome. The blood that had almost spewed from her nose was slowly receding back into her head.

Masayoshi resumed listening through the glass, “We only needed a table, for that one.”
And Fuuka was down.

-

Setsuna grumbled something about not wanting to stay at a seaside spa so close to a Supernatural Park Area, aka, a S.P.A. Connor ignored her, however, pretty busy with tinkering around inside the bus with Hakase.

“Relax,” Hakase spoke to the mumbling guardian, “This is supposed to be a vacation, so have some fun with it.”

“Easy for you to say,” The swordswoman replied unhappily, “I have to protect Ojou-sama, but she insists on playing ‘games’ with Negi-sensei and Evangeline-san. While we’re so close to such a dangerous place,” She motioned towards the nearby mountain which was home to the S.P.A, “She should be especially careful.”

“I think I know what you need to put the G in your spot,” Connor stated pleasantly, hopping out through the driver’s side door.

“E-Excuse me?” Setsuna stammered, hoping she had heard him wrong.

“A little bit of rock to cleanse your soul, baby. Check this out,” He put his arm around Setsuna’s shoulders, and she cringed a little at his touch. He steered her over to the window, and had her peek in at the radio as he reached in, “I kinda blew the other one out, earlier.....”

“By ‘kinda’, he means he practically caused them to implode. I’m surprised he can even hear, honestly,” Hakase snickered to herself, taking a big step back.

“But it’s cool, now, because science-girl here hooked me up with a new system. Check it out.....” Connor grinned hungrily at the speakers as Setsuna took a look at the faceplate to the system.

“.....The volume goes up to eleven,” She muttered, taking note of the number beneath one of the knobs, “Why not just ten?”

“Because eleven is louder than ten, sweetheart. Everyone knows that,” Without another word, Connor stuck his hand into the bus, twisted the knob to eleven, and started the bus.

-

Several blocks away, a young boy was just about to finish stacking a house of cards in his home. It had taken him the better part of seven hours of very slow and careful movement, but he had stacked up to the ceiling with help from a ladder. With no warning, the entire house shook beneath a tremor, knocking the house of cards down. Several car alarms went off.

-
Hakase, whose hands had been over her ears, sighed in disappointment as the speakers blew themselves out, “Guess we still have some work to do.....”

Setsuna’s eyes were wide, and her teeth were bared as she stood there beside her teacher, wondering if she was bleeding from her ears or not.

Connor slowly reached up to behind his head, and felt at the ends of his headband. They were sticking straight out, and stiff as a board. He turned a smile to Setsuna, who simply gaped at him in return, “IT’S LIKE THE ROCK BLEACHED OUT ALL IMPERFECTIONS TO MY BANDANNA!”

“WHAT?” The girl practically screamed back.

“I SAID.....AH FORGET IT, IT’S NOT IMPORTANT!”

-

“Negi-kun.....not like that. You gotta make it harder than that.....”

“I-It’s not gonna get any harder th-than this.....Konoka-san.....”

“Oh, it’ll get harder, boya. I’ll see to that, myself.....”

“Maybe if you two help.....I can make it a little harder, I-I guess.....”

“What the hell are they doing in there?” Haruna asked, cup pressed to the wall beside her as she tried to figure out just what kind of ‘games’ Negi was playing with two of his students. It certainly sounded like ‘a’ game, but not the kind the young English gentleman should know anything about.....

A sonic boom with so much power ran through the room, that Haruna, along with Nodoka and Yue, all bounced up into the air a little bit. Their room’s window cracked, as well.

“Wh-What was that?” Nodoka asked, looking around for the source of the unseeable force.

“Negi-sensei, perhaps?” Yue suggested from her position on her bed, legs hanging loosely over the side as she continued to read her philosophy book. She hadn’t even paused while being bounced into the air.

“No, that was just Connor-sensei. Hakase is helping him install a new stereo system because he wrecked the older one. This new one goes up to eleven!” Haruna explained, still listening to the sound of ‘game’ playing.

“Why eleven? Ten is a perfectly logical choice.....” The short philosopher wondered aloud, still not removing her eyes from the print in front of her.
“Because eleven is louder than ten, Yue, you should know that,” Haruna jumped away from the wall, then hurried to the door, “That’s it, I’m gonna go look!”

She flung her door open, and almost collided with Masayoshi as the two both tried to open the door to Negi’s room at the same time. They realized at the same time that they had the same mission, so they both pulled the door open, and couldn’t believe what they saw.

“Scrabble?” Haruna mumbled, looking at each of the three confused faces in the room.

-

The next day was a day of travel (Sadly, without the speakers that go up to eleven), which found them upon their next destination about an hour before nightfall. .....Not because they got lost and wound up driving in a circle for eight hours, of course not.

Masayoshi and Connor stood before the gargantuan castle gates, both wondering how exactly they were supposed to get in.

“Hey, but, you know what’s weird?” The younger of the two asked.

Connor raised an eyebrow as if to ask ‘what?’.

“It seems like only just a second ago we were back at the seaside hotel, right? But now we’re already here. It’s like, there was hardly any time in-between at all.”

With a shrug, the man in black blasted the giant padlock off of the gate, which groaned and creaked loudly as it opened up for them to pass, “However long it took, we’re here, now, so let’s get inside.”

The two climbed back into the front of the bus, and slowly drove through the gates and into the barren and desolate courtyard. Dead leaves sat motionlessly in a dead wind, surrounded by gravestones covered in dead bouquets. Everything seemed devoid of color. There were variant shades of grey, granted, but it didn’t go much further than that. Everything looked kind of.....well, dead.

Masayoshi was taking this all in, and red flags were going up. They had gotten lost for eight hours.....and were near a S.P.A.....and they hadn’t gotten very far.....so they must still be within the S.P.A.....

“You ok, man? You’re looking a little pale,” Connor asked, feigning concern. He was more worried about Masayoshi getting sick while he was still so close, more than anything else.

“Connor.....I think.....we should spend TWO nights here! Look at this place, it’s awesome!”

“I think we should just stick with the one night, thanks,” He put the car in park at the entrance to the castle, which was looking more and more.....dead. Or grey. Greyish death was a good way to describe the surrounding area.

“Ooh, fun!” Madoka exclaimed as she began to get her things out from the back.

“A night in a big, dark, apparently abandoned castle that Connor-sensei broke us into. .....With no color, for some reason. And this isn’t setting off any red lights for any of you?” Chisame looked around for someone to agree with her, but she went mostly ignored. As usual.

-----Author’s other note: For those of you who get it, eleven IS louder than ten! Can’t remember where it’s from. A friend showed me on youtube. Now it’s MMR’s turn.....-----