Mai-HiME Fan Fiction ❯ Please Save My Earth ❯ M.I.Y.U Erstin Ho ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Alissa and Moro anxiously awaited the day the would go through the gate. Every morning, they were to spend as much time as they wish at the church to socialize and they became very good friends with a girl named Erstin Ho. She wasn't any of the twelve girls of the prophecy, but one of Shizuru's maids. Alissa and Moro did not tell Erstin their plan, and they felt quite guilty about not telling her because she felt the same way about the destruction of the earth, but could not do anything due to the fact she wasn't one of the twelve girls of the prophecy.
Erstin was twelve, the same age as they were, and had short, blonde hair. She always had a purple hairclip on to keep a lock of hair out of her face. She was taller than Alissa and Moro, and always wore her maid uniform. Erstin had told them, that as long as she could remember, she was with Shizuru. Shizuru had never said anything about Erstin's origins and told Erstin, when she asked about it, that it was not neccessary to know about her origins. Erstin also mentioned that she never remembered anything before the age of six.
A few hours before Alissa and Moro had to go through the gate, Erstin was talking to them when Fumi came and told Erstin that Shizuru wanted to see her. Erstin quickly apoligized for her absence and ran off to find Shizuru.
" Miss Ho! Miss Ho! Please, don't run in the church! Miss Ho!!" Fumi yelled after Erstin, Fumi then started to run after Erstin.
Alissa and Moro decided to go to the small forest behind the church for a while. Alissa quickly climbed a tree and sat on a branch, about fifteen feet off the ground. Alissa whistled softly, and almost instantaniously, a small yellow bird landed on her outstreached hand. Alissa closed her eyes and started to sing...

' mezame wo matsu kuni no mukashi no hanashi
sasagemashou mune ni yadoru hikari
hoshi ni naru kibou ashita ga mieru
ai suru hito yo mattete okure

kokoro no mado ni tatsu sadame no yokogao
tomoshimashou yume wo mamoru hikari
hoshi wa tada hitori erabe to tsugeru
ai suru hito ga watashi wo yobeba kawaru

uruwashiku tachi mau kegarenaki hane
seoimashou miko no inochi no hikari
hoshi ni naru tame ni umarete wa naranu
ai suru hito ni idakarete nemure.... '

Alissa stopped and stroked the bird. She bird whistled happily. Alissa whistled and another bird came flying past. The bird looked at Alyssa and the flying bird. When Alissa motioned that it was alright to leave, the bird flew off after the bird and whistled happily. Alissa jumped off the branch, and amazingly landed on her feet, unhurt on the ground, still standing.
When Moro and Alissa got back to their rooms, Mezame was there waiting for them.
"Are you sure you want to do this?",was the first thing Mezame said, "Your lives may be endangered. Entering The Gate Of Sacred Windbloom, you may not make it out alive!"
"If it's for the good of the earth, than our lives mean nothing, for millions of lives on earth will be destroyed for our purpose of creating a Utopia. I have made my decision, and Moro has confided in me the same choice. One thing I must ask you....why is the gate called The Gate Of Sacred Windbloom?"Alissa said.
"A long time ago, there was a girl, named Mashiro Blan, and she loved to listen to legends of places far away. She knew the whole prophecy by heart, she knew what M.I.Y.U's were, and the knowledge she treasured the most, was the legend of the land of Windbloom. The legend says that Windbloom was a place where everything was beautiful, and there were no wars, no diseases, no violence, no death. Everyone there was happy. The only condition was that only those truly pure of heart could pass through The Gate Of Windbloom. Mashiro loved to hear the story of Windbloom and recited it every day:


It is an old tale of a kingdom wating to be awakened
within this devoted chest dwells a light,
this hope becomes a star, and I see the future
oh my beloved, please wait for me

I erect a profile of destiny at the window of my heart
there is only one that the star chooses and ordains
whose enligthened dreams is proteced by her light
my beloved, you have grown distant from me

untainted feathers dancing beautifully
the burdened noble child's light of life,
is to become the star -- she must stay unborned
on her beloved, she sleeps in deep embrace

"Now, Mashiro soon found out that if you translated the Hoshi ga Kanaderu Monogatari lyrics from Japanese to English, you would get this legend. She knew that the only way that she could find out more about the land of Windbloom, was to go through the gate. So, she summoned me and I let her pass through the gate. I could of sworn that she had grown wings at the last second, and I had proof," Mezame pulled out a pure white feather, "This was outside the gate after she entered. I believe, that Mashiro Blan de Windbloom is there right now, alive and well...there was another reason she went though...her world was endagered, and she found out she was one of the twelve girls of that time. Some of the Artai armies went with her to this castle, and created, The Catylst. So she decided, to get away from the war, she left. The earth was destroyed and remade into the one we have now. Ever since, she has been called Mashiro Blan de Windbloom and the gate was dubbed The Gate Of Sacred Windbloom."
"If we see her, I will talk to her." Alissa said, "Now, Mezame summon the Gate!"
"The Gate Of Windbloom! I summon thee!" Mezame said, as two doors opened out of nowhere. It looked exactly like the doors on the church near the castle. They were about to step in when Shizuru and Erstin burst into the room.
"Stop right there Alissa! I knew of your plans all along! And yes, I can stand!" Shizuru said, grinning triumphantly. "Erstin here is a M.I.Y.U! Now, Erstin, attack!"
"Shizuru...I....won't...do...your....bidding...any....more.... I...can....resist...your...commands...if...I...want....to.....I...have....a ....stronger...willpower....than....you...think..."Erstin struggled to say,"Go!....Alissa....Moro....please....try....for...me..."
Tears began to drip down Erstin's cheeks as she screamed in pain. Alissa knew she had to use a lot of willpower and strength to resist Shizuru, whatever a M.I.Y.U was.
Alissa and Moro strode into the light, holding hands, singing,

"mezame wo matsu kuni no mukashi no hanashi
sasagemashou mune ni yadoru hikari
hoshi ni naru kibou ashita ga mieru
ai suru hito yo mattete okure

kokoro no mado ni tatsu sadame no yokogao
tomoshimashou yume wo mamoru hikari
hoshi wa tada hitori erabe to tsugeru
ai suru hito ga watashi wo yobeba kawaru

uruwashiku tachi mau kegarenaki hane
seoimashou miko no inochi no hikari
hoshi ni naru tame ni umarete wa naranu
ai suru hito ni idakarete nemure..."

They entered just as the world was destroyed.
Erstin let out a scream and tears leaked out of Mezame's eyes.
"I could have sworn...I saw....wings...." Mezame said.

Mezame gasped as she saw two, pure white feathers, laying in front of the gate.