Maximum Ride Fan Fiction ❯ A New Group ❯ Chapter Two- "My Name is Maximum Ride" ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AUTHOR'S NOTE- PLEASE START REVIEWING MORE! I ONLY HAVE ONE REVIEW SO FAR! SKELETONX, IF YOU ARE STILL READING MY STORY, THANK YOU FOR REVIEWING! I'LL POST THE THIRD CHAPTER IN A COUPLE DAYS OR SO.
DISCLAIMER- I DON'T OWN MAXIMUM RIDE OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT. I WISH I DID, THOUGH. GREAT BOOKS.
 
 
Chapter Two- “My Name is Maximum Ride.”
Ok, so I admit I panicked, which was totally against my normal attitude. But, hey, would you panic if your family was suddenly kidnapped and vanished? Tears began to roll down Hulk's cheeks. “Where are they?” he sniffled.
“I don't know, Hulk.” Another thing that wasn't my style. I normally was always aware of the answers to everything. It's a shaky feeling, not having any clue what's going on. Just then, a commotion in the trees snapped me back into reality as though someone had thrown ice-cold water on my face. If fired a burst of echolocation into the trees to see a squirrel jumping down from the trees. The squirrel landed on the grass.
The squirrel suddenly liquefied and morphed into a human. Morph stood in front of me. “Morph!” Hulk and I shouted simultaneously. His human form had cuts and bruises all over it, but other than that he appeared fine. Hulk and I both ran up and hugged him. I think I heard a couple bones pop when Hulk squeezed.
“What happened here?” I blurted. Morph turned to face me.
“They somehow followed us. I don't know how. I think one of us had a tracking device on. But, anyway, they sent like a thousand different things after us. The worst one was a mixture of a bear, a wolf, and a human. They wound up grabbing the others, but I transformed into an ant and ran like crazy. I climbed up into the trees, transformed into a squirrel, and waited. After a while of searching for me they said they gave up and left. I planted one of Tech's ingenious tracking devices on Splinter. So we know where they are.” Morph pulled out a small, electronic map.
A small blip was flashing on the screen. “Ok, guys. Here's my plan. Give me the map thing and I'll go find the van they're in. then, when I find it, I'll listen in and find out where they're going. Then I'll come back to you. Just go up into our cave in the mountains and stay there. If I'm not back by tonight, then stay until tomorrow evening, and then you will know that I'm not coming back.” With that, I began pumping my legs, and then, at the edge of the trees, crouched down and vaulted powerfully up into the air, slamming my wings down and gaining altitude quickly.
Since I didn't have any extra people to look over, I flew up to over twenty-thousand feet, simply following the map. I pumped my wings with my maximum strength, soaring at about a hundred and twenty miles per hour. Every muscle in my body strained. Within an hour, I had caught up with the van. I dropped down and lightly landed on top of it.
Thanks to being part bat, I also could hear extremely well. I had to hear great to hear my echolocation. I concentrated hard on the dialogue going on inside. “Well,” one man with a strong Scottish accent said, “I've been waitin' fer days to get these freaks and get `em back to in Mobile, Alabama. We finally got `em, but we didn't get the one we were lookin' fer.” Bingo.
I sprang into the air and back flipped, spinning around and snapping out my wings. I pounded my wings down hard, flying through the air at high speed. By evening, I had made it back to the cave.
“I'm back,” I said. “And we're heading for Mobile.” They both stood up and stretched.
“How do we get there?” Morph asked.
“I know we don't like to break the law, but we're gonna have to steal a car. And a fast one, too. So, Morph, I'm hoping that you can take the roll of a car salesman and get into a Chevrolet dealership. So… I won't force you.”
“I'll do it. I don't care if one car is taken to get my family back. The car can be replaced, but they can't.” With that, Morph stood up, a grave look on his face, and ran to the edge of the cliff, transforming into a peregrine falcon as he jumped off. He flapped his wings hard and was off. “Come on,” I said to Hulk, “let's get some sleep. It might be a while until he gets back.
Some time later, I awoke to Morph standing in front of me saying, “Let's go.”
“Tell me you got something that Hulk can fit in.”
“Yea and it's pretty quick too.” I stood up and stretched, and then shook Hulk until he finally rolled over with a groan. The hard rocks had left my back aching, and it obviously hadn't done much more for him, either. As we walked down the rocky face, I looked into the bushes to see a Chevy truck parked there, a big diesel truck that obviously had a lot of power in it.
“I made up a place in the bed for Hulk. It even has a blanket that I think he will like and I think will hide him well. And, good news, we got GPS navigation. And, since we already know the White Knights are running through Itex, all we have to do is type in Itex in Mobile, Alabama.”
“Great job, Morph,” I said. I walked up to him and hugged him. “I'm proud of you, man. I'm gonna fly above for a little bit, stretch out for a while.” We all had cell phones that were pre-paid and untraceable, and I told Morph to keep it on. “I'll call you and tell you when I want in the truck.” He got in and started up the truck, while Hulk snuggled up under the blankets and stuff.
I jumped into the air, pounding my wings. To begin with, I was stiff, my muscle tight and weak. Then, as I stretched out some, I began flying better, and quicker. We were in the “boons” now, as you would call it, and there were no cops around. So, Morph was driving at over a hundred miles per hour, anxious to get to Itex. I flew at the same pace, basking in the sun's warm rays. I loved the feeling. Fortunately, we were in Cullman, Alabama, now, so we wouldn't have to drive for too long.
After a couple hours, I decided that I wouldn't even go into the truck. We should never stop, just keep on going. Lost in thought, I didn't realize what I was doing until it was too late. Suddenly, I flew straight into a huge flock of ducks, all of them quacking extremely loudly as they plowed into me, feathers flying everywhere. I was blinded by shock and feathers. I couldn't use echolocation to find a way out due to the quacking, so I pumped my wings, shooting through the hoard of ducks at over one hundred twenty miles per hour. I might've hurt them, but it wasn't my problem.
I then decided to fly down into the bed of the truck. I swooped down and landed in the bed of the truck, careful not to step on Hulk. I reached my arms to the side and opened up the passenger door, sliding in beside Morph. “How far away are we?” I asked.
“About five minutes away,” he said which surprised me. We'd only been driving for about two and a half hours. “Good. Are you ready?” I asked.
“As ready as ever,” he said. When we arrived, I woke up Hulk and splashed cold water on his face, quickly getting him ready to fight. I ripped my shirt off to get me as ready as possible, and Morph morphed into a White Knight. He went in first, and then, seconds later, we busted in there (really Hulk did the busting.)
I snapped out my wings, surprised that there was already a fight going on. And Morph hadn't caused it. Five bird kids were attacking every White Knight that moved! Well, I was fine with that! I snapped my wings down and flipped around, shooting for the closest guy. I spun my right leg at an amazing speed, smashing my heel into the man's throat, crushing his larynx. He fell to the ground, choking and spluttering.
I grabbed one of the White Knights and snarled, “Where are my friends?”
“They're down that hallway in the door to the right, first one,” he sputtered, sweat pouring off his face.
“You better hope so,” I growled, my blood boiling. I ran down the hall, dragging him with me. One of the White Knights attempted to stop me. I smashed my fist into his nose, splintering pieces of his nose straight into his brain. His eyes rolled into his head and he collapsed. I began pounding against the door the man indicated. I couldn't open it. “Hulk!” I shouted.
He ran to my side, swinging a fist at the door. He slammed it straight off its hinges. “Feur!” Splinter and Tech shouted. Hulk ran over to the cage they were trapped in, ripping the bars off the cage with a grunt. A small, scared-looking girl was in the cage next to them. Get me out of here, a thought penetrated my mind. Then, not out of my own mind, I said, “Get the girl out of there, Hulk.” Hulk obeyed without any arguments. The girl ran out, and I grabbed her and shot into the air.
“LET”S GET OUTTA HERE!” I yelled. However, as I exited the hall, a ferocious-looking bird girl, one of the ones that had been fighting earlier, smashed into me, knocking me off balance.
“You aren't getting my baby!” she shouted at me, spinning a boot at my face. Using my lightning-swift reflexes, I shot to the left, then, in the blink of an eye, went behind her, thrusting a powerful kick into her spine, right between where her wings were.
“What are you talking about?!” I roared as she fell a few feet.
“Give me back Angel!”
“Who?”
“The girl you have. Give her to me, now.”
“Meet me at the mountains near Cullman. That way I can trust that you aren't trying to hurt her and put her back in a cage.”
Before the girl could protest, I shot away into the outdoors, the others jumping into the truck and flooring it outta there! It worked! I thought as I flew at my quickest speed for Cullman. When we got back to the mountains, I sat down and waited for the bird-kids to get there. A few minutes later, they arrives, they're huge wings making them look like archangels in the receding light.
“Who are you?” I asked the girl as she landed.
“My name is Maximum Ride. And this is my family. And the girl you have is a part of it. Now who are you?” she asked.
“I'm Feur, and this is my family,” I replied. “What were you doing at the White Knights place?” I asked.
“We call them whitecoats, and we were rescuing Angel. What were you doing?”
“Me, Hulk, and Morph were rescuing Tech and Splinter. So,” I said, “looks like we have something in common.”
“Sorry about attacking you back there,” Max said. “I thought you were supposed to take Angel somewhere else.”
“Nope. Anyway, so, for introductions, this is Tech, Morph, Hulk, and Splinter,” I said, pointing to each one.
“Okay, nice to meet all of you,” Max said. “And this is Fang, Nudge, Iggy, Gazzy, and the girl you rescued is Angel.”
And that began our new journey together. I knew it was gonna be wild.