Medabots Fan Fiction ❯ This is spirit: Clash of souls! ❯ Tag team heroes! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: You know the drill! Don't own medabots... I own OC guys and weird blue haired kid...
Chapter 4: Tag Team Heroes


Chapter 4: Tag Team Heroes!
"Guy's you know that I rock," Where the words Windstorm uttered as soon as her medal was placed in her back. Metabee looked in wonder as this simple action brought all of his memories back for half a second. But after that there was no more awe coming from him.
"Hey! What gives? Stealing the spotlight like you're some kind of Grandmaster," Metabee was jumping around angrily making a ruckus.
"Shut up! You're ruining my awesome entrance!"
"I've seen anime cooler than you!"
"Do I see you looking this awesome tin head?" The upgraded Windstorm obviously had a bit of 'tweaking'. She was cream coloured with blue and red lines running around her arms and body. Her legs had knives attached to the sides and the tips were splotched with red paint as if they were blood stained. There was a tattoo of a heart on her left thigh and her metal hair was black with red stripes. It seemed to actually flow with the wind as if it was actual hair. There were thin strands of metal for each hair so even though it was metal it would be light weight and move like real hair. Her normally red eyes were instead a deep purple that could have medabots losing themselves inside. Her shoulders looked like they had thick green knives attached to them. She had a thick green tail.
The Screws blinked twice without speaking. After four seconds of silence the Screws all burst out laughing at the sight of Windstorm. Ikki looked at them confused.
"What's so funny?" Ikki asked. Windstorm's eyes flashed dangerously.
"Yeah you jokers! What do you find funny about this," Windstorm's arms transformed to reveal an arsenal of daggers, swords, shurikens and bladed weapons of all kinds. The Screws kept laughing all the harder. Spyke managed to garble out a few words in between fits of laughter.
"It's… it's… it's… it's a… Windsail hahaha! They… can't do… anything but… fly hahahaha!" Sloan spoke up.
"They don't fight, aren't good at flying, can't transform into anything useful and they're for girls!" Samantha looked at Sloan dangerously at that comment but just couldn't keep in her laughter and fell down laughing as well.
"I should be mad, haha, but he's right! I wouldn't even use it! Once a little girl was robattling with one, she had a rare medal, she made it transform and it turned into something that shuts down medaforce, and deactivated its only strong attack hahahahaha!"
"And then," Sloan carried on. "And then… she told it to use the medaforce anyway, and it tried and all of its parts ended up exploding blowing itself to pieces hahahahaha!" Windstorm was getting angrier with each passing second and by the time Sloan finished, she was flailing her arms madly around her trying to get everyone to look at her in awe again.
"You think you can take me on, then hurry up and robattle!"
"Yeah let's get Meta-busy," Metabee said joining in again.
"Yeah, let's do this, robattle style!" Ikki finished off crossing his arms over each other holding his watches up to his face.
"Then it's agreed!" Mr Referee was seen running full speed towards the group, blue in the face. "Just… as soon… as I… get… my… breathe… gasp," Mr Referee collapsed in front of the group huffing and puffing as his lungs screamed for oxygen. After about thirty seconds he got up. "Boy, people sure are robattling a lot lately. I just came from the thirteenth one. Unlucky number. Medafighters ready?" Medawatches beeped with information.
Peppercat: Medabot Corporation
Medafighter: Samantha
Specialty: High speed thunder strikes
Signature: Lightning jump
Totalizer: Medabot Corporation
Medafighter: Sloan
Specialty: All or nothing attacks
Signature: Tyranno laser
Krosserdog: Medabot Corporation
Medafighter: Spyke
Specialty: Hand to hand combat
Signature: Rifle tactics
Metabee: Medabot Corporation
Medafighter: Ikki
Specialty: Seeker missiles
Signature: Demolition mode
Windstorm: Medabot Corporation
Medafighter: Ikki
Specialty: Interrupt skill
Signature: Close quarters combat (CQC)
"Medabots, robattle!"
"Metabee, use your sub machinegun on Totalizer!" Metabee fired rounds of laser canon bullets to Totalizers bulky frame. Totalizer shook slightly with each impact but otherwise, no damage was dealt. Windstorm looked at Ikki angrily.
"Hey what are you doing? You can't touch him! Go for Peppercat!"
"Peppercat is too fast for Metabee so I'm not yet ready for her. Totalizer is an easy target but if you ignore him and he gets close to you, his Tyranno laser will blow you to pieces." Spyke smiled.
"Get them while they're arguing Krosserdog!" Krosserdog charged at Windstorm and shot her with both canons, from point blank so as not to miss. While Windsail was transforming her parts into shields to protect herself, Peppercat came right behind her with an electric paw to the small part of her back.
Head-to-torso part 20% damage.
"Metabee, shoot Peppercat off with your rifle!" Metabee Shot Peppercat five times before she let go then turned towards Krosserdog and fired his Missiles at him. Krosserdog jumped back to dodge the blast, just to land on Totalizer. Because Metabee's missiles were homing, they followed Krosserdog and exploded on both medabots.
"Spyke, what are you doing?" Samantha screamed at him as he shook with fear.
"Sorry boss, Krosserdog's trying his best. Give him a break," Spyke pleaded.
"I'll give him a broken chassis if you act like that!" Ikki took the opportunity.
"Metabee, Windstorm, double team!"
"Ok gotcha," Windstorm said as he rocketed towards Peppercat.
"Yeah-yeah!" Metabee started shooting Peppercat with his machinegun. Peppercat ran quickly around all the bullets effortlessly and with grace. Windsail shot towards Peppercat just to have her hop over Windstorm's back. Windsail got shot up by Metabee's friendly fire and crashed down in a fit of sparks. She rolled over in the dirt and slammed painfully into the school wall. She got up angrily with rocks in her metal hair strands.
"Oi! Watch where you're aiming you tin can!"
"I'm sorry, I couldn't see with your big head blocking the way."
"You think you're funny don't you? Let's see if you're laughing when I shove your shower nozzles up your…" Metabee trooped over to Windstorm with his machinegun held out in front of him. Windstorm matched it with Rokusho's sword arm and a wakizashi. Ikki looked on in disbelief at their stupidity.
"Hey you two, quit it!" But the two medabots ignored him completely. The Screws gang snickered and Samantha was looking triumphant with her whole team getting back up again.
"Hey, He can't even control his medabot! He's even worse than when he first started robattling! Hey Ikki, have you forgotten everything I taught you?"
"You didn't teach me anything," Ikki snarled.
"Well, are you ready to give up?"
"Not a chance," Ikki said, determined not to lose.
Come on, I have to think of some way to snap them out of it. Windstorm isn't using any of her new techniques and Metabee is fighting like a first timer. Ikki finally got an idea.
"Hey you two, I'm forfeiting the match!"
"WHAT?" Both medabots said turning towards Ikki like he had gone crazy. They didn't even notice Totalizer's Tyranno laser pass over their heads.
"Well you aren't taking this robattle seriously. With the way you two are bickering, it's obvious that we're going to lose. I might as well pack in the tower since none of you two have any real power.
"You doubt my skill," Windstorm said with menace.
"Yeah, and Metabee don't like that," Metabee joined in, narrowing his eyes.
"Well then stop bickering and listen to me! You two just can't behave can you? You have to learn to get along! You've got to accept your strengths and weaknesses and know your weaknesses. You two are gonna be partners for a long time, maybe even forever! So you have to get through everything together, the good and the bad. Metabee can't remember anymore but we've been through the edge of reality and back together. So why you can't do that again Metabee and why you can't accept him as himself is beyond reason! You can hate each other for all I care, but now we have to win!" Metabee shifted uncomfortably from foot to foot and Windstorm looked away, shame filling her face. After an awkward silence they saw Peppercat charging at them and knew there was no choice in the matter.
"Ok Ikki, what should we do?" Metabee asked. Ikki explained the plan as they were getting shot by Krosserdog. "WHAT?" Metabee screamed before Peppercat appeared before them sending her electric paws towards their heads. They ducked just in time as Peppercat's paws got jammed in the wall. Metabee ran away resigned to the plan. He looked at Windstorm who was flying alongside him. She nodded to him with a triumphant smile. Metabee transformed into action mode, wheels folding out from his feet and his shoulder extensions attaching themselves to his arm. The extensions probably had wheels hidden inside them. Windstorm flew down on top of Metabee. Her right arm turned into a slender arm with a white sleeve. It was holding a katana. Her left arm turned pink and had a giant wristwatch on it. It was holding on to Metabee's head canons. Metabee swerved left towards Krosserdog who was blindly shooting in Metabee's general direction, but never once getting a hit. Windstorm held her sword out to the right side of Metabee. Metabee drove right past Krosserdog and Windstorm slashed Krosserdog's waist as they did so. The sound of metal scraping metal was heard as the sword cut right through. Oil spurted out and a spark from a wire set it and Krosserdog on fire. Krosserdog's medal ejected and his body fell limply to the ground burning.
"Aaaaaa! Krosserdog!" Spyke sprinted towards his burning medabot. Luckily for him, Krosserdog didn't have that much fuel and a medabots body cuts off burning oil from the rest of the supply so he doesn't explode. Metabee turned towards Totalizer.
"Totalizer, use your mega laser," Sloan yelled into the watch. Totalizer aimed a gigantic laser arm at the two medabots. He fired a bright blue beam. Windstorm tossed Metabee into the air even though Metabee yelled in protest and just barely dodged the laser. She flew at full speed towards Totalizer and as soon as she reached him she did a triple front flip and landed one of her painful leg spikes into Totalizer's head. Sparks flew around and for two seconds they remained frozen like that before Windstorm finally let him go. Totalizer went limp but stayed standing because of his wide roller tank legs. His tortoise medal ejected. Windstorm straightened up.
"Now we're in motion," She said with a 'smile,' on her face plate. Just then Metabee landed antennae first into the ground and got stuck there.
Head part 70% damage. Right canon offline
"Hey! What are you trying to do? You could at least catch me if you're gonna throw me around!" Metabee looked ridiculous upside down in the ground. Ikki tried hard to stifle his laughter and Samantha was rolling on the floor with laughter. Windstorm giggled slightly before putting on a fake serious expression.
"Well it could have been a lot worse if you got hit," Windstorm pointed out as she pulled him from the ground. Metabee transformed and Windstorm stood on him again as if he was a surfboard. They charged towards Peppercat like this. Metabee kept grumbling something about being stood on and Windstorm seemed to be enjoying every bit of it.
"Hey Metabee, I've got an idea, but I'll need you to be ready to go three times as fast." Metabee turned his head 180 degrees to look up at Windstorm.
"Alright, what is it?"
"Super speed!"
"Come again?" Windstorm's giant wristwatch glowed purple and suddenly Metabee zoomed towards Peppercat like a rocket. They made it towards with Metabee glowing purple. Windstorm held out her arm again to slice Peppercat up. Samantha smiled knowing what would happen. Peppercat ducked at just the last second and grabbed Metabee's tire with a lightning filled paw. Her other paw went up to Windstorm's arm. Metabee's tire exploded sending them veering off course until he flipped over denting every part in his body. Windstorm flew off of Metabee into the dirt, electricity coursing through her body.
Metabee all parts 80% damage. Windstorm all parts 82% damage. Transform offline.
Metabee got up rubbing his head. Windstorm stood on shaky legs unable to fly anymore. Ikki looked at Peppercat thinking.
Ok, so she's too fast, even for action mode. It looks like Metabee's not as quick as he used to be even with Windstorms help. So I've got an idea.
"Windstorm, CQC!" Windstorm's eyes flashed momentarily.
"I thought you'd never ask!" Windstorm flew over to Peppercat who was charging at her. Samantha yelled out orders into her medawatch.
"Peppercat, lightning jump!" Peppercat ran forward and leaped into the air, her paw aimed at Windstorm. Windstorm dodged her head to the side and tripped Peppercat in mid-air. She launched into the air and brought her heel down on Peppercat. Peppercat rolled off to the side at the last moment and sent an electric paw to Windstorms face. Windstorm stopped the paw with her hands but got them shocked in the process. Her arms turned grey as they shut down but Windstorm ignored it completely jumping into the air and attacking Peppercat with a flurry of spin kicks, the blade slashing through the metal. Peppercat's arms exploded in a fit of sparks as the blades cut through them. Metabee was busy changing into demolition mode from the side-lines. The ammo pack appeared on Metabee's back and all his parts were reinforced with extra armour. Peppercat had her hands full just fending off Windstorm and didn't notice Metabee aiming his canon at her. Samantha couldn't think of a way to avoid the attack anyway without Peppercat getting her head chopped to pieces. Metabee charged to full power. Ikki smiled triumphantly knowing that Peppercat was finished.
"You're toast Samantha!" Metabee aimed at Peppercat. Windstorm cut Peppercat's leg and jumped out of the way as Peppercat hit the floor. Pepper cat looked pleadingly at Metabee's canon.
"It's time to kiss your bot goodbye!" Metabee screamed. Metabee fired a large blue energy ball, the recoil knocking him back two metres. Peppercat was practically eaten by the blast. It went right through her, not even exploding on impact. It flew straight on scorching Peppercat and forcing her to eject her medal. The blast flew on into the sky, exploding like a firework up with the clouds.
"Functions ceased! The winners are, Metabee and Windstorm!" Ikki sighed and slumped down on the floor
"Man, that was too close," Ikki said as a smile touched his face. Metabee jumped up out of his armour and yelled with joy. Windstorm flew into the sky with an invisible smile on her face. She flew down and looked at Metabee as the high of battle died down. They stared at each other in the awkward silence for a few seconds. Metabee rubbed the back of his head.
"You are kind of strong to keep up with that medabot. I can just remember her always being way faster than me," Metabee said grudgingly.
"Yeah, and you're not half bad yourself. That canon would have finished me any day." It seemed like there was more to say but they just ended it with a fist pound. Samantha was picking her medabot up off the ground. The Screws gang turned towards Ikki.
"We'll get you for this!" They said together before running off. Ikki looked at them running like the cowards they were.
"They'll never change will they? Hey Metabee, get over here!" Metabee turned towards Ikki and jogged over to him. Windstorm floated after them. "Man, those guys completely took us off track! We were meant to go to Koji's house. I wonder if Karin is better yet. I hope so, because I really miss her."
"Karin? Who's that?" Metabee asked dumbly. Ikki face planted into the floor as if saying you can't be serious.
"What? You don't remember Karin? She was only the prettiest girl you'll ever see! She had red pigtails and she usually wore a pink shirt with a white skirt. She's pretty pale though. She's usually hanging with Koji. They go way back." Metabee looked at Ikki puzzled.
"Nope. I can't remember a thing. Although I do remember a nurse medabot. But not much. But that cat medabot, Peppercat, her speed reminded me of this Koji guy's medabot. Sumilidon. I remember him perfectly. Lightning fast, never seen one braver. That dude would be my hero if I wasn't stronger than him." Ikki walked on closely followed by Metabee and Windstorm.
. . .
"Wow, this place is huge," Ikki said awestruck at the size of Koji's home. The gate was silver with threads of silver running through it. The wall was also covered in silver with golden stripes running through it. The house itself was a large Victorian building with a large domed roof. There was a sword and shield hanging at the top of the front door. Ikki took a deep breath and pushed the button that looked like a door bell. The normal ding-dong of door bells was heard followed by very posh music. Swan Lake was played first. Ikki tapped his foot patiently. Windstorm transformed her arm into a watch and checked the time. Ikki walked around patiently. Finally a voice that could only belong to a butler was heard over the intercom.
"Yes? Address yourselves."
"Um, this is Ikki Tenryou, I'm looking for a…"
"He's not here."
"Wha? But I haven't even said who I was…"
"Be gone you groundling. The master does not wish to grace you with his presence!"
"No I'm looking for Koji!" But the intercom was already switched off. Metabee's fake eyes twitched. Windstorm held her head in annoyance.
"They're not serious," Metabee said. Windstorm began to walk away. "Hey where are you going? Don't tell me they scared you away!"
"Ha!" Windstorm laughed. "Please, they can't scare me! I'm just preparing for this!" Windstorms arms morphed into red ones with rounded shoulder pads. "Stretch punch!" She screamed as her arms stretched towards the gate at unbelievable speeds. They rushed past Ikki's face, the wind nearly knocking him over as it passed. They collided with the gate with a ringing noise like someone hitting a hollow pipe and Windstorms whole body vibrated from the impact, but the gate stayed strong. The intercom turned on again.
"Don't say you weren't warned peasant!" The gate opened up to reveal a squad of Roadrunners. They were closely followed by white pterodactyl looking medabots.
Air-Ptera: Select corps
Medafighter: Butler
Specialty: Seek and destroy
Signature: High speed dive
"Come on, bring it! I can take em," Metabee yelled aiming his machinegun at them
"No, you can't," Ikki said grabbing Metabee's horns. "RUN AWAY!" Ikki ran as fast as an angry Metabee would allow him. Windstorm quickly launched off of the ground and darted after Ikki.
"Ok, new plan," Ikki said speaking to his medabots.
"We knock all of them!" Metabee exclaimed polishing his rifle gun.
"No they'll just scrap you and use your parts as a can opener," Ikki said.
"Exactly tin can, leave all the killing to the real assassin here," Windstorm interrupted. "You can just go sell your parts on eBay or something like that.
"So you can fight a little pussycat and you suddenly think you're the best. Who was the guy who blew you and your friends to pieces? Uh, me. So you can shine my shoes now."
"You can't even afford to buy slippers you bootlegged medabot!"
"Where'd you recycle your parts from? A Model T Ford?"
"At least I'm not related to a Volkswagen beetle!" Ikki looked at the two exasperated.
"Stop fighting you two," Ikki said separating the both of them
"You stay out of this!" They both yelled angrily at Ikki, and then resumed dissing each other.
"Yo mama's so fat, when she wears yellow, people think she's the sun!" Metabee started off the dissing.
"Your mama's so broke, when she went to a store that said, 'everything comes free,' she asked if there was anything cheaper."
"You call that a dis?" Ikki interrupted getting into the swing of things. "Well both your mama's are so fat, that when they jumped for joy, they broke it!"
"Ooo," Metabee said. "You got shutdown Windstorm.
"Genius, he dissed you too! Your mama's so fat, she wears a hoola hoop to hold up her dress!"
"Yo mama's so skinny," Metabee started, targeting Ikki this time. "That when taking a shower, she has to run around catching the water to get wet."
"Both your mamas are so hairy," Windstorm started. "That when talking to each other, all they speak is wookie!" A group of teenagers passing by all went "Ooohhh shutdown, shutdown!"
"Hey, you got that from a movie!" Metabee yelled.
"So? All your disses have been used on MTV before so stuff it!"
"Lies! Ikki's disses are from MTV, mine are all original."
"Cough, cough," Ikki said sarcastically as if trying to say such lies. "Well then your mama's so huge…" They kept dissing each other like that for the next ten minutes before Ikki remembered they were trying to raid Koji's house. And also because some kid came and shut them all down. "Alright guys, my plan is to sneak around the house and enter like complete ninja's, of course avoiding the hidden cameras and lasers and the more than lethal poison darts and bear traps.
"How do you suggest we do that?" Windstorm asked impatiently.
"I can't remember after all the dissing." The two medabots slapped their foreheads at the stupidity of their medafighter.
"That's it, time for demolition mode." Metabee went down on four legs as he transported all the parts he needed. The ammunition appeared on his back along with a pair of white support legs that looked suspiciously like a bugs legs. His face got covered up by a red visor. The extra canon appeared on top of his head and pointed towards the gate.
"Hey Metabee, you don't need to…"
"We need that gate demolished right? Well demolition mode does just that!"
"Oi tin can! Listen to the boss for once!"
"Booyah! Metabee fired his destructive medablast at the silver gate. The gate exploded into tiny fragments of gold and silver. "All right that's what I'm talking about," Metabee celebrated as he transformed back to normal.
"You didn't have to do that because I remembered the plan," Ikki said with an embarrassed look on his face. Metabee looked at him like he wanted to kill him and Windstorm just shook her head sadly. The Air-Ptera's charged out of the building closely followed by Roadrunners. An Attack-Tyranno led the pack. He had the Japanese flag painted on her chest.
"Give up now and leave these premises," the Attack Tyranno barked. He was blue with yellow hammers attached to his hands. They weren't ordinary hammers but they were double sided like a mallet. He had a red visor and he had a Tyrannosaurus helmet with his face where the mouth was opened wide. Ikki crossed his medawatches over, preparing for a massive robattle.
"Metabee, action mode! Windstorm, change to support parts." Metabee transformed and drove towards the group of medabots. Windstorm's right arm morphed into a chameleon arm and she suddenly disappeared. Whatever her right arm was, no one saw it. But they did see Metabee becoming way faster as he bowled over opponents. Suddenly, all the medabots except Attack-Tyranno took to the skies before Metabee could get them. Windstorm appeared again as her parts changed back to normal so that she could fly easily. However she looked a bit blurred so that she was harder to hit. It was an aftereffect from the chameleon arm. She took to the skies as well.
"We'll prove right here who the queen of the skies!" She charged at a Roadrunner just to be barraged by an onslaught of Air-Ptera's. They ripped Windstorm to pieces with their sharpened wings. She was tossed around from medabot to medabot like a kite in a hurricane. Metabee was no better. He charged around Attack-Tyranno to try and make him dizzy. The enemy was unfazed. He walked slowly to the edge of the Metabee tornado being formed and stuck his hammer into the wall. Metabee slammed face first into the fist. He transformed back to normal and jumped back from the fist. All the Roadrunners dived from the sky onto Metabee, pecking at him with metal beaks. Ikki knew he had lost when Windstorm fell from the skies onto a bear trap. Metabee's arm parts disengaged from all the abuse, leaving nothing but his tin-pet skeleton. Ikki though it was all over.
"Shadow sword, go!" A yellow flash ripped through the air and all the medabots on Metabee suddenly split in half. Another cut and Windstorm's assailants all flew off of her. Attack-Tyranno looked around frantically for the attacker. Suddenly, it was right in front of him. A yellow medabot with two claws on his right arm and a massive hammer with bolts in it on the left. He looked like he was a true warrior. An upside down triangle was on his forehead. The medabot brought his left arm up and punched Attack-Tyranno''s face, cracking his visor. All at once, the enemy medabots ejected their medals. The sound of cascading medals barraged everyone's ears like a metallic waterfall. Koji Karakuchi stepped forward. He had silky black hair flowing down his head just below his chin. He had purple eyes and a face that girls seemed to fall for. He had a yellow shirt and was wearing blue shorts. He had a snobbish look on his face that said all of you are beneath me.
"Is this how you treat guests? Father would never allow this behaviour to go unpunished! How much do you like your wages as they are?" Koji walked over to his yellow medabot.
"Are you OK Exor?"