MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction / D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Orion ❯ Misunderstandings and a Girl ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4: Misunderstandings and a Girl
Orion's Point Of View
 
“This is my fault isn't it?” I asked rubbing my temples.
 
“I can't be sure until I go over the data of your transformation, but it would appear so.” Dr Hikari said looking at the figure in the bed, Netto. We were at the hospital.
 
A doctor walked in shaking his head, “What ever happened it put Netto in to a coma. However, the good news is that his heart rate is stable, for the moment.” Then he looked at me he said, “Nice costume.”
 
An ark of electricity shot from my hand to the light fixture above me shattering it, “It's not a costume!” I growled. Somehow the glass had become suspended over our heads, I felt like I was holding it up without touching it.
 
The man took a step backwards, “s…s…sorry, I…I, I just thought…”the man stuttered.
 
“Sorry about the light,” I mumbled.
 
“Um…OK” he said eyeing me. He then checked the monitors, staying a fair distance from me, and he left.
 
“I need to find a way to hide the suit,” I mumbled.
 
“Why don't you just cross-out?” Dr Hikari asked quizzically.
 
“I can't, don't know why, I just can't.” I said sighing.
 
“So it's permanent.” Dr Hikari asked.
 
“Yes, it is,” I looked at my hands.
 
“Your confused aren't you?” he asked in a knowledgeable tone.
 
“Yes I am. How did I do what I did earlier? How did I know how to do it? I'm so confused.” I began to cry.
 
He just stood there, “I don't know how you did it, but Netto knew how to use the cross-fusion's power the first time he used it.” He said looking at his son, “I think it's subconscious knowledge or yours is controlled by emotions like what just happened.” He said shrugging, “We may never know.”
 
“Your tired, go get some rest I'll watch Netto for now.” I said looking at the bed.
 
He smiled then yawed, “Thanks, I'll get some rest.” Then he walked out the door
It was almost ten in the morning. I heard a sound outside the door. Then the door opened and a girl had her hand on the doorknob.
 
“Sorry, wrong room.” She started to close the door.
 
“Wait, are you Meru?” I asked
 
“Yes I am.” she opened the door again.
 
“Your in the right room, Netto's in the bed.”
 
She walked over to the bed and looked at Netto's still form, “Who are you?” She asked me.
 
“I'm Orion, and the suit is part of a permanent Cross Fusion.” I said anticipating her next question.
 
“So you're a Net Savior?” she asked looking at me.
 
“No, I'm not.”
 
She was silent. She turned back to Netto and started to cry lightly. I stood up and offered her my seat. She kept crying as she sat down beside the bed. I decided to wait by the door outside the room. As I left, she began to hiccup and talk to Netto, “I have no idea if you can hear me but if you can…” after that, I closed the door.
 
The hallway was empty; this was a little used part of the hospital. The walls were so white they seemed to emit light. I had an odd feeling in my stomach suddenly at the other end of the hallway a dark ball with crackling energy around it appeared and a figure appeared from it.
 
It looked like a blue and green blob. It came into focus slowly, the figure was running toward me mouth open in a silent battle cry. Then it threw a card into the air and its arm, arm is not a good word, a wolf head attached to its arm started to swallow it. Then there was sound, “predation!” Its arm flared with green flames, when the flames disappeared a second later, it had become an orange flame encased barrel. The figure yelled, “Fire!” the inside of the barrel began to glow.
 
I screamed, “Life Aura, Execute!” A yellow field appeared around me and then became encased in flames an instant later. The field began to fail and flicker I thought quickly. “Area Steal, Long Sword, Double Execute!” I yelled.
 
The figure appeared in front of me. I was facing his back, my arm morphed into a sword. I held it a micron from the back of his neck, “Yield immediately.” I said emotionlessly. The figure began to move, “Don't move or you won't have a neck much longer.” I said quietly.
 
The barrel morphed back into a wolf head, “You could kill us Gemini, why aren't you?” The head asked.
 
“Gemini? I'm afraid you have the wrong person. My name is Orion.” I lowered the blade and the figure put some distance between itself and me.
 
It was a boy about ten years in age. He looked at me and rubbed the back of his head, “Sorry, Gemini jumped through the hole a few moments before I did. You look like his white side so I figured you were him.”
 
“Who are you? And give me your real name.”
 
“Ummm…” he looked at the head for a moment then back at me, “I'm Hoshikawa Subaru and this,” he motioned to the head connected to his arm, “is War-Rock.”
 
“Do you know what the year is Subaru?” I asked.
 
“Its 220X.” he said as if it was common knowledge.
 
“Like I thought that sphere is out of time. You are in the twenty-first century not the twenty-third.” I said.
 
Then Subaru looked like something hit him, “I've got to go! Bye!”
 
He ran back toward the sphere and disappeared into it. I walked over to it. An out of time gateway, I reached for it and touched it. The light around me changed, white to yellow to green to red, then the view changed completely, I was standing on a yellow road ten feet off the ground. There was an explosion on the fringe of my hearing I looked to the left of the sphere and saw Subaru flying backwards. I saw two figures follow him running, one of them was clad in armor like mine. That was Gemini. They were ganging up on Subaru. I shouted to them, “Hey, cheaters! One on two isn't fair!” I ran in between Subaru and Gemini.
 
They looked at one another, nodded and rushed me. On the other hand, I should say they tried to rush me. The black one tried to punch me; I caught his fist with one of my own hands, suddenly electricity coursed from his fist to my body, he smiled as I took the powerful shock. He laughed for a moment then he saw it didn't affect me in the slightest, in my other hand was a ball of pure energy.
 
“Shocking isn't it?” I joked as I sent him flying backwards with a simple shove. The ball covered my hand in a glowing light, I smiled, ”Omega-Burst, Upload and execute!” The glow vanished and in its place a large blue tri-barreled monster of a gun appeared. I aimed at the white one and fired. He was hit with the equivalent of fifty-trillion tons of TNT in a mono-directional blast that rocketed him into his other, almost recovered, self and sent them flying at least to the moon, if not to mars in seconds. Their sonic boom shattered windows for miles around and permanently destroyed the hearing of several unlucky people. Subaru was standing jaw-dropped when I turned to see if he was all right.
 
I heard a scream nearby and a gunshot. The source was ten feet below and twenty feet to my extreme right. Just outside the kill zone of the Omega-Bursts sound blast.
 
“I told you to shut up!” A man said. I jumped down and saw a man with a gun shot a teenage boy at point blank range. It wasn't pretty.
 
A girl screamed behind me, “Oliver!”
 
The man leveled the gun to her head, through my body, “I said shut up!” He began to pull the trigger; I moved to the right and felt a strange condensing feeling. Time seemed to slow as I grabbed the gun and pulled it upwards causing the shot to fly off, far above the girl's head. I felt the bullet casing eject into my hand and the slider close crushing the casing. The man followed my arm to my face; he jerked the gun away from my hand. He tried to fire again but with the bullet jammed into the chamber it could not fire, he then tried to hit me with the butt of the gun. I grabbed the gun and his hand and squeezed, crushing bone and metal together. The man screamed as I squeezed tighter. I let the man go and he fell to the ground whimpering. I turned to the girl she was standing with a blank stare, she had gone into shock seeing the boy blown open by the bullet. I heard a sound behind me, a click, then another click, I turned around to see the man holding another gun in his undamaged hand the slider flew back and a puff appeared at the end of the barrel. The next thing I knew my stomach had a hole in it. I looked down and saw that the hole was sealing itself.
 
I looked at the man, “Bad choice,” I growled cracking my neck. I walked over to the man, grabbed him by his neck and lifted him a few inches off the ground; “I could kill you in an instant like you did to that boy!” motioning to the body with the hole in its chest, “But I won't because it would be immoral, stupid and pointless!”
 
Suddenly a siren shrieked and a car flew into the alleyway it stopped about five feet away. A man in a green jacket jumped out holding what looked like a vacuum, “you are to put that man down this instant!” He demanded.
 
I put the man down who scampered over to the other man, “Thank you sir, this freak was about to kill me!”
 
The man with the jacket on snapped handcuffs the other man and shoved his head into the car, “Actually you're the one I was after, it,” he waved his now free hand toward me, “ is a bonus.”
 
“It has a name and a gender and a right to be told what you mean under the Freedom of Information Act and the right to be were ever IT chooses to be.” I said in an impatient tone.
 
“A Dempa has no rights, not on this good earth!” He yelled
 
“Dempa like a radio wave?!?”
 
“Yes.” He said simply raising the vacuum so it was pointing me. “And unfortunately if you don't come with me I'll force you to in this thing.”
 
“No. I wont,” I said as turned around to face the girl. I heard the vacuum start up and blue lines began to pulse around me as they fell into the vacuum. “Is something supposed to be happening?” I taunted over my shoulder.
 
Then I stepped over to the girl and waved my hand in front of her blank eyes. The vacuum stopped and the man walked over, “if your not a Dempa then what are you?”
 
“I'm half Navi, half human, it's the price I'll pay to live for the rest of my life.”
 
The man turned from me to the girl, “For the love of Pete.” He said in an exasperated tone, “Emerald, you just had to be here…”
 
“You know her?” I asked the man.
 
“I'm her Uncle, the only living relative she has. She's supposed to be thirty-five miles away.” He shook his head spotting the blood on the ground, “Let me guess that man shot someone and was about to shoot her before you intervened.”
 
“Unfortunately, yes, I wasn't fast enough to save the boy.” I said.
 
“I don't have time to deal with this.” He sighed.
 
“I could watch her for you,” He looked at me so I reminded him, “I'm only half human, remember? Besides I wouldn't be the only one looking over her.”
 
“Just don't get any ideas OK I'm THE Detective Gorida of the satellite police. I will hunt you down and personally kill you.” He said in a stern voice.
 
“If it comes to that I'll kill myself.” I said in a calm voice.
 
He looked at me for a second then walked back to his car got in and began to back out of the alleyway. I walked over to the girl, Emerald, once again waving my hand in an attempt to wake her from her trance like state. It didn't work, so I put one hand be hind her head and the other below the thigh and picked her up so I could carry her I jumped back up to the flying road beside the black sphere. I once again touched it and the world transformed, back in the hallway at the hospital. I heard a swooshing sound behind me the sphere had collapsed.
 
A doctor walked out of one of the rooms and looked at me then at the girl, “Is she hurt?” he asked.
 
“Not physically but psychologically yes.” I answered, “She almost got shot and saw someone die.”
 
He looked at me, “Hopefully the shooter wasn't you. Follow me.”
 
I followed him into the room next to Netto's, Meru was still in there with him, good, I hadn't been gone very long.
 
“Put her in the bed and I'll get on the paperwork.” He started to walk out the door, “What's her name?”
 
“Emerald.” I told him as I placed her in the bed.
 
“OK I'll be back later.”
 
I looked at the girl and realized why she had been named Emerald; her flowing hair was green as emeralds and her eyes were an even deeper green. I felt my heart flutter, I now had a crush and keeping my promise would be especially tough now.
 
I closed her eyes so if she could see she could get some rest.
 
I walked to the door looked back at the girl, “Good night, Emerald.”