MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction / D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Orion ❯ The Release ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6: The Release
Point Of View Orion
 
Today is the day of Emerald's release from the hospital. I plan to tell her how I feel, but I have a sinking feeling that something is going to go horribly wrong. I hope that it's something other than complete rejection.
 
“Orion time to wake up.” Emerald said poking me in the stomach.
 
“I'm up, I'm up!” I moaned as I opened my eyes.
 
She was standing in front of the chair I had been sleeping in for the past three weeks. Last night was the last time I would sleep in that cursed chair. She then limped back into the room. There was a ruffling of things a few profanities yelled and a loud thud as she dropped something Meru had given her. She walked out of the room with the outfit she had been wearing when I had seen her first; a green short-sleeved t-shirt with a blue vest on over it, and green shorts that went down to her knees and her transer. In one hand she was using a crutch to help her with her, still lacking, balance.
 
“Well you look different today.” I said in a half conscious voice.
 
“You like it?” She asked in a pleasant tone.
 
“Yeah, you look even more beautiful than before…” `I said still not fully awake.
 
“What?” She asked, “sorry I didn't hear what you said.”
 
“Nothing.” I said quickly.
 
The doorway at the end of the hallway opened and a doctor walked toward us. He looked at Emerald, “Well at least your happy to leave. Here are the papers for her release.” He handed me a stack of papers. “The only problem you'll have is getting a guardians signature.” He walked back down the hall.
 
“That's not going to be a problem, your uncle gave me that permission when I saw him last.” I smiled, “Let's go.”
 
I filled the paperwork out as we walked to the receptionist's desk. I handed the papers to the woman behind the desk and then helped Emerald outside. Waiting for us were Netto, Mrs. Hikari, Dr. Hikari, Meru and her parents. Emerald nearly fell flat on her face seeing them.
 
Netto and Meru were holding hands, which was the first time I'd seen them do that. I turned to Emerald, and tried to talk, but I couldn't muster the courage to.
 
I looked away as we continued to walk toward the group. “Good to see you two again,” Dr. Hikari said.
 
Meru slipped her hand out of Netto's and came over. “You feel alright Emerald.” She questioned.
 
Emerald answered, “I feel fine, all except for the fact I have to walk with this thing.” She waved at the crutch. Meru grabbed her by the arm the instant she finished talking, dragging her to her parents, and introduced the group.
 
Dr. Hikari walked over and asked, “You tell her yet.”
 
“No, I've been trying to but I don't have the courage.”
 
“Well you'll have to soon because someone else will like her.” He said this turning his back to me walking away. “You coming?” He asked looking behind his shoulder, “We still owe you dinner for earlier.”
 
Netto walked over, “You told me you were cut off from your family, well this family has room.”
 
“Well…” my train of thought was interrupted by another's very violent one.
 
I shook my head to rid myself of it.
 
Then I looked toward Emerald. She was happy.
 
“Sure…”