MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction / D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Orion ❯ Chapter 11-.6 ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 11: Omega Tech
Point of View: Third Person
 
My families name in this world has been shunned since my father was forced to imprison my brother I have a way to bring it back into the light and into the hearts of the public again in the best manner possible... I had an idea when I was seven that I would found this immensely successful company and I now have the power to make that childhood fantasy a very real reality…
 
For the past three days, people have been talking about a little company that has arisen from the mist and became a hugely powerful economic powerhouse. Very few people know the actual name of the company and even fewer know the name of the owner. Even IPC has been having trouble coming close to keeping up with this little companies R&D department in every aspect imaginable. The company recently announced the launch of a satellite network. Many countries have become concerned in the function of this network so a press conference has been scheduled at exactly 1:30 on Saturday the twenty-first of November.
 
Time 1:26:47, three minutes thirteen-seconds before conference…
 
The leaders of the world's largest powers Sharro, the United States, Japan, and Netopia are sitting patiently waiting for the owner and CEO of the company to show himself. Someone yells, “Three minutes to show time!”
 
The President of the United States, Jack Victor, begins to talk, “I don't think this guy is going to show.”
 
The leader of Sharro comments, “I thought that just before I stepped on this platform. If he's a good business man he'll be here soon.”
 
“Two minutes to show time!”
 
Netopia's leader nods in agreement to Sharro's leaders comment.
 
“One minute to show time!” The four individuals sat patiently. The man operating the camera gave a ten-second signal, then a five-second hand signal and counted down to two-seconds before a space began to darken in front of the leaders. At one-second a body could be seem in the dark blob, the instant the presentation started the body was completely visible. The person stood five-foot six inches tall had a black suit on with a tie, he was no more that 13 years old.
 
“Sorry to keep you waiting.” The boy said cheerily.
 
The leaders of the world sat in shock until the man representing Japan asked, “You're the founder of Omega Tech?”
 
“Orion Vector Crossack, at your disposal.” The boy said bowing. Then he turned to see the cameras,
 
Almost two hundred miles away five people gasped all because they knew the boy.
 
Orion turned back to the men, “Now aren't we here to discus the function of my satellite network?”
 
The leaders of the world looked at one another. Then began to ask questions.
 
“What is the network for? Is it a weapon of any kind?”
 
“The satellite's are not of any weapon system, they are really part of an enlarged version of my invention, the M.E.T.A.L. emitter.”
 
“What is the METAL emitter?”
 
“METAL stands for Matter Emulation Through Alignment of Light. It's a very powerful hologram emitter that creates solid images.”
 
“What is it for?”
 
“The system is designed for Navis but can be used with any kind of image data. Its first trial run is next Tuesday.”
 
The next half hour was spent asking and answering questions, when the conference was over Orion said Omega Tech's motto, `bettering the lives of the fortunate and the unfortunate no matter the cost,' and walked off the stage.
 
Point of View change to Orion
 
I walked of the stage and moved quietly to the back door where I promptly began to shake. Netto and his family knew my true name now, I was sure that they would understand my actions. I warped to the outskirts of ACDC Town, hoping to slip in to town without much of a fuss and see both my foster family and, maybe, bring Emerald to my new home to take her off Meru's families hands. I slipped into town with little incident and knocked on the front door of the Hikari household. Mrs. Hikari opened the door, greeting me and asking if I wanted tea. I asked for whatever she had the most of at the moment. I walked into the great room and said hello to the two occupants of the room and the one in the computer in the corner.
 
“Orion what have you been doing for the past three weeks? Beside your Omega Tech enterprises?” Dr. Hikari asked.
 
“Not much really. I've been fine tuning my skill in combat.” I said shrugging
 
Mrs. Hikari walked in carrying four cups of chi tea.
 
I took the cup from her, “Thank you.” I took a sip out of the tea.
 
Netto asked, “Where have you been living?”
 
“Well, to start I just went to what I call the Void. But last week I bought a house with the extra money that I haven't been donating.”
 
“It's huge isn't it?”
 
“Well, it's not small that's for sure. One would be surprised the amount a small, yet successful company can make in a matter of days.” I remembered the reason I had come here for originally, I pulled a chip out of my pocket, “Netto you are the first person in the world to receive one of these chips.” I paused, “This chip holds what is called a MetaKey. The MetaKey holds the data that allows a Navi to use the METAL II emitters. As I said the trial run is on Tuesday, you and another two individuals are the ones get to take it on the test run. Is there anyone you would prefer testing it along side you?”
 
“Meru, she's the only person.” He said taking the chip.
 
“That's my next stop then!” I said standing up, placing the empty teacup on the counter on my way out of the house, “See you later guys!”
 
I walked across the street to Meru's house. I rung the doorbell and waited for the door to open, I waited for almost two minutes before looking in the darkened window. I saw the darkness move inside the house. “Crap!” I slammed on the door and burst it in smoke began to billow out of the open door-frame. I heard sirens in the distance as I ran into the dense smoke. “Emerald!” I moved through the building using my ears more than my eyes. I was running into the walls stopping every three feet. “METAL Sat Alignment!” I coughed.
 
Change to third person
 
Three hundred miles above ACDC Town one of the twenty-four, three hundred ton, METAL satellites opened its complex emitter array for a preemptive activation. The 1.4 billion dollar system began to heat its 36 prototype neutronium-tectrion lenses.
 
Change back to Orion
 
I held my Cyberarm strait up, “METAL Enhancement, Fan!”
 
Thirty-six beams of crimson red phased through the roof and collected in my palm. My entire arm began to morph into a large rotary blade, the blade began to spin moving the air and with it the smoke. I could see three bodies at the table in front of me; they were Meru and her parents. “METAL Sat Offline!” My Cyberarm was returned to its original state. I grabbed Meru's father, broke out the window beside the table, and threw him through it making sure that he wasn't in an odd position when he landed. I grabbed Meru and her mother and jumped through the window landing next to Meru's father I put them down and looked up… right into a camera. I ignored it and jumped back into the smoky dwelling to find Emerald. I once again tried to move through the building using only my ears, not willing to risk people seeing the METAL system.
 
I ran into an obstruction that hadn't been there before. Someone tried to lead me out of the building. I twisted away from the person, finding my way to the stairs and went up them into a less dense mass of smoke. I found Emerald in the farthest room from the stairs. She was unconscious; I heard a voice ask if anyone was in the upstairs before footsteps moving up the stairs. I looked at the window and decided that, even if it was directly over the crowd, it was better that any other option. “Omega Style!” The person in the hall heard me yell this and began to approach quickly. I yelled “Sub-light pack Execute!” I jumped out the window with Emerald in my arms and unfortunately, right before we vanished in a flash a camera caught a glimpse of both of us.
 
Chapter 11.01: A New World
Point of View Orion
 
Omega Style has been acting oddly lately…
 
I set Emerald down on the bed I had prepared for her almost three days ago. She was breathing normally so I wasn't worrying about her now. I walked to the door, shut the lights off, and walked out of the room. I entered the Net and transferred to the nearest news web-page. The page was in the middle of a frenzy of activity, people were shouting and shoving to get to the info center. Someone pulled me to the side, “There you are!”
 
I looked at the person, “Forte! Sorry I left you out in the rain…” I scratched the back of my head.
 
“I'll chew you out on that later right now I need your help. Something's happened on the Undernet and I can't do anything about it… not even Serenade can do anything.”
 
I nodded and followed him to the Undernet and saw what he meant. The Undernet was unraveling in a manner that I had seen before and was very familiar with. The Undernet was attempting to support a reality data matrix… but there was no system capable of transfer volume required to unravel data this much. It was as if an entire planet was being transferred here. I stopped and told Forte, “I can't do anything until this is finished except contain it…”
 
“The Navi's on the Undernet don't have anywhere to go…”
 
“That I can fix easily.” I said smiling
 
I felt a little strange, but this not being the first time I had had this sensation, I ignored it. We stepped in to the Undernet to begin to direct Navis onto a single, undamaged, section for transfer.
 
Suddenly the pulling sensation began to intensify to the point of pain. I doubled over as I felt myself begin to rip apart. I flashed an E-mail to Forte as I was whisked off to the source of the data transfer…
 
Time Change +1:23 of Orion becoming impatient
 
I flew out onto a floor and landed face first. As I stood up, I paid very close attention to my surroundings. I was in a darkened room full of artwork, statues, and paintings anything that would fall in the Art section was in here.
 
I heard footsteps rushing toward me. “We've got you now Dark!” Someone shouted as I was shoved to the ground again. I threw the man off my back and hoped that there was a way for me to get out of the building. I spied what looked like a camera but was to me a useful escape system.
 
“Flash!” The room was lit up by the equivalent of a ten thousand watt flashlight bulb giving me time to transfer through the camera's network to the outside. To my left was a crowd; to my right there was a wooded area. Looking up I saw a man fly away from the same building that I had just left. I ran away from the crowd.
 
Point of View change to Satoshi
 
The chief inspector was cursing up a storm. “Today was not a total loss Saehara.”
 
“Yes, it was Dark fried the entire security system AND got the painting!”
 
“Dark wasn't the one who fried the system.”
 
“What proof do you have!”
 
I held a small cassette up, “I put a separate camera system up. Dark did steal the painting but he's not the one I'm interested in right now.” I spun the cassette on my fingertip, “The boy that fried the security system is…”
 
“Why are you so interested in this boy?”
 
“It's how he escaped your men. He vanished here and appeared outside directly in front of one of the destroyed cameras.”
 
“What he turned into a bolt of lightning and when through the circuits? Sounds too much like a comic book.”
 
“The entire system was fried the instant he disappeared, I'm afraid that is the only explanation I have right now.”
 
“It's still a little to unbelievable.”
 
“What I'm trying to say is that he could be the one that helps us catch Dark… If we can persuade him to join our side. However, we'll need to act fast, Dark is going to think the same thing.”
 
Point of View change to Daisuke
 
 
“Who was that kid?” Dark asked as we soared over the city to get back home.
 
“I don't have no idea but he saved our hides, blinding everyone, then disappearing. I think you may have a little competition if he becomes a thief too.”
 
“What's that supposed to mean!”
 
“Nothing, nothing! Just, he almost makes a fool of you when it comes to escaping…”
 
“Why you…” Dark said furiously.
 
“We're in the same body so you need to calm down! I'm trying to say he'd make a good ally. We need to find him.” I said adding, “Before the authorities do.”
 
Chapter 11.2: Two Offers and a Message
Point of View Orion
 
I sat on the largest cliff in a ten-kilometer radius from where I entered this world. I sat looking up at the stars wondering h about how I was going to get home, back to Emerald. There was a rustling behind me, “Just leave me alone.”
 
The movement stopped, “Sorry, I thought you were someone else.” A girl said.
 
“Let me guess you thought I was this Dark character.”
 
“How'd you know?”
 
“Someone tackled me calling me that.”
 
“Were you in the museum?”
 
“I really don't know…”
 
“If you ever do see Dark tell him I'm still waiting for him to sweep me off my feet.” The girl left.
 
I continued to stare at the stars. Suddenly I saw a winged figure silhouetted by the moons glow. I caught the card he threw at me.
 
“I will steal the Cruse of Time tonight.
Dark”
 
I dashed in the direction that I saw the winged figure go in. I toyed with the idea of shooting him out of the sky, but I decided not to when he began to descend. The man landed on a second story balcony. He turned around to close the door and saw me standing on the sidewalk. I threw the card he had thrown at me back at him. He caught it and looked between it and me. I smirked and walked away almost trying to taunt Dark. “Hey you! Mystery boy come here.”
 
I continued to walk away from Dark. I heard him jump down from the balcony, and dash, almost silently, toward me. An instant before he was to me I twisted around, forming a sword, and holding it to his neck. “I've been having a bad day. Don't mess with me.”
 
“Wouldn't dream of it…” Dark said eyes focused on the blade less than a centimeter from his Adams apple. “Nice sword. Looks like something I would steal with pride.”
 
I looked at my sword. It was different; it looked more like a sword you would hang on your wall than one you would fight with at all. I looked back to where Dark had been, been being the operative word, he wasn't there anymore. There was movement behind me, thinking it was Dark I swung around, nearly hitting a boy around my age.
 
“Don't hurt me. I have a proposal to give you.” I eyed the boy lowering my sword. He continued, “My name is Satoshi, I'm offering you a position on the task force attempting to capture Dark.”
 
I saw movement behind Satoshi. I pushed past him and was again face to face with Dark.
 
“My goodness you have the most sensitive ears I've ever seen…” Dark said whistling. “I have a similar offer for you.”
 
“Don't listen to him!”
 
“You're one to talk Satoshi!”
 
“Why you…”
 
The two began to yell at each over. “Enough!” I yelled space beginning to bend around me. “you two sound like idiots! We'll hold a little competition to end this.” I pointed at Satoshi, “You. If you can keep me from stealing an art work I'll join you.” I pointed at Dark, “If you can beat me to it I'll join you. Got it?”
 
The two looked at one another, “Perfectly.”
 
“The artwork will be…
 
The Woman in the Light…”
 
Chapter 11.2.5: World Meet M.E.T.A.L.
Point of View Emerald
 
This is the first chapter with a third layer in it. This one happens back in the Megaman universe on Tuesday.
 
“Emerald, take deep breathes and calm down.”
 
Forte said from the inside of my Tanser, “You'll do fine. I'm sure of it.”
 
“But, what if I completely screw this up?” I was on the verge of tears, Orion where are you?
 
“I know you won't. Orion will be proud of any thing you do no mater how silly you seem doing it.”
 
I giggled, “You're right, I'll do fine.”
 
Behind me, Netto and Meru were chatting about what was going to happen during the presentation. I took one last look at what Orion had been planning on saying at this ceremony. Last, I had felt Orion was two days ago right before Forte had contacted me saying he had disappeared. Well, I could feel his presence but he was out of reach, near here but behind a wall.
 
“Where is the third person?” I asked a technician that was passing by.
 
“He's not here yet…”
 
“Sorry I'm late, my flight was delayed due to snow.”
 
“Now that you're here Enzan we can start.”
 
“Why did you invite the Vice of your biggest competitor to this?”
 
“You're a friend other than that there is no reason.” I walked out onto the stage. In front of me were three hundred people easily, complemented with twenty-four camera crews. The crowd began to buzz with excitement. I tapped the microphone in front of me, “To start I'm sorry to announce that Orion will not be attending this ceremony. His current whereabouts and condition are unknown.”
 
The crowd went silent, one person yelled to get on with the presentation.
 
“You all know what will be covered by this presentation, the launch of M.E.T.A.L.” Behind me on a screen, the width of a bus, the acronym appeared in a short animation. “the three lucky people to be a part of this demonstration are…” Another animation played showing the three people and their Navi's. “Netto Hikari, Meru [currently unknown to author), and finally Enzan Blaze.” The three walked out onto the stage gathering around the podium I was standing at. “Please jack in and put in your MetaKey's.” They did as I told them and on the screen a countdown started, I started to recite what Orion had written for this moment. “Man can travel in space and even in time and never forget the gift that they have, Life, however Life is misunderstood. Once man said that it was the ability to think, then he said it was also the ability to reproduce. However, Navi's are an apparent exception to this rule, being capable of independent thought and replication, we created them in our image but have constantly referred to them as bits and pieces of data, but what if one could meet face to face with one, what would man think then? Would he continue to hold firm to his assumption or would he finally see that his creation is a mirror image of himself, as another Life that needs to be treated with the same compassion as another man.” I held my hands above my head as the countdown reached zero, “I give you M.E.T.A.L.!”
 
Three Navi's appeared on-stage in similar flashes next to their operators.
 
“I would like to introduce you to Rockman, Roll, and Blues.” The crowd looked in amazement, “Who wants to see if they're solid?”
 
Dozens of hands flew up.
 
“Come on up.” Dozens of people came up shook hands with the now solid Navi's in shock.
 
Chapter 11.3: The Challenge
Point of View Orion
 
It's time to see whom I side with…
 
“To your places, now!” A man said on the other side of the wall. I heard a shuffle of feet followed by shouting and other little tidbits. I stood up as I prepared to attempt to steal the Lady in the Light. The power went out one point thirty-six (1.36) seconds before I had planned. I waited for ten-seconds before I moved out to grab the painting. By the time the power came back on, I was in hiding, empty-handed. Dark had bested both Satoshi and me in less than eleven-seconds. I blasted to where the agreed meeting point was, I slouched as Satoshi walked around the corner.
 
“Do you have it?”
 
I shook my head, “No, Dark has a better mind than I do when it comes to thievery…”
 
“Actually, you did every thing I was going to do much faster than I could ever dream of doing it.” Dark said, dropping down from a nearby rooftop and captured a death glare from Satoshi. “All I did was set the timer you had set up back a few seconds.”
 
“So he did all the work and you modified only a tiny bit?!? Dark it's not like you to let a person do your job for you…”
 
“If I had know that he would have it done by six in the morning I would have done it before then.”
 
“Wait, six in the morning? That's only two hours of prep time!”
 
“My thoughts exactly.” He looked at me, “But he took it one step further, when I went to get the painting I passed feet from where he was. I felt an aura that I've never felt before. He was ten feet from a guard when the power went out, but the guard never saw him, even when Mr. Guard was looking straight at him.”
 
They both stared at me, “I never noticed at guard… I'll need to pay more attention next time…”
 
“Come with me…” Dark said turning around and walked out of the meeting place pride in every footfall.
 
I followed him hearing Satoshi curse as we rounded the corner. “How did you get the painting so quickly?”
 
“It really didn't seem that quickly to me, but you hesitated, that's why.”
 
We walked the rest of the way to the house I had seen the previous night.
 
Suddenly Dark began to glow and morph. The figure that emerged from the light was a boy a little younger than I was. I looked at the boy with shock. He smiled, “Sorry, I'm the other half or Dark; Daisuke.” The boy turned around and opened the door.
 
I jumped in front of him and took the rubber slug that was flying at him. I was pushed back three feet simply by the momentum of the slug.
 
Suddenly I heard a woman's voice, “I got you that time Daisuke!”
 
Daisuke stepped over to me, “What'd she do this time?”
 
“She shot you with a rubber slug. Wait, this time?” I looked back into the door and saw several infrared beams.
 
“My mother is a little weird.”
 
“Like Infrared beams in the entry way?”
 
“What? That's the first time she's ever put that kind of thing up before.” He paused for a second, “How can you see them?”
 
I attempted to take the conversation in another direction, “What dose your mom do to you?”
 
“The Niwa family is a family of thieves. My mother is constantly trying to find ways to kill me to make me better at it…”
 
“Talk about family love…”
 
A woman looked out of the second story window. “I didn't hit you Daisuke.” I threw the slug up at her, “You caught it.”
 
“Took it in the chest.”
 
“You should be out cold.”
 
“I've lived through things that would kill most people.”
 
She was silent for a moment. “Daisuke you're off the hook today. Let's see what he's got.“
 
“Mother…”
 
“If he's going to be staying here I want to at least see what he can do.”
 
Daisuke looked at me, “Sorry, once my mother has made a decision nothing can change it.”
 
“Don't worry, I'll blow her mind.”
 
I stepped through the door carefully avoiding the IR lasers. Once I was clear of the lasers, I felt the floor give a little. I jumped a fraction of a second before the floor opened up below me. I hammered my Cyberarm into the ceiling and waited until the floor came back together. After that, I had to jump across a pit and finally there was a door waiting for me. I heard an odd buzzing sound emitting from it, too low for any normal person to hear. I grabbed the handle fully aware of the electrical current running through it. The current stopped and the door opened, “I caught you on the last…”
 
I stood cracking my knuckles, “Electricity has almost no effect on me, at least not one that pitiful.”
 
Her cheek twitched.
 
“I heard the current before I touched the door.”
 
Her other cheek twitched.
 
“How'd I do anyway?”
 
After a moment she said, “You did well, but not as well as Daisuke has.”
 
She walked off as Daisuke walked up. “You better watch out, she'll be trying to kill you in the morning…”
 
“…”
 
“She's going to make a thief out of you.”
 
“So I'll you be your partner in crime.”
 
“You could say that.” He led me to a spare room, “You can stay in here if you want, the couch is always open if you want it instead.”
 
Daisuke walked out of the room.
 
I began to think to myself, `Daisuke seems like a nice guy, his mother's a little strange, but I can get around that easily.'
 
In the middle of my thought something popped up, where are you Orion?
 
“Emerald.” I whispered, I'm somewhere, I don't know where, but I'm trying to get home… there was silence in my mind.
 
Chapter 11.3.5 Problems, Small and Great
Point of View Emerald
 
Orion's been gone for almost three weeks. I hope he shows up soon, for my sake. Where are you Orion?
 
I woke up in a cold sweat. Another night was lost to the odd dreams, the ones that I was searching franticly for something I did not know anything about. I curled up in a ball, sniffling. After twenty minutes of trying to get back to sleep I finally got up and got dressed. I walked into the great room wiping the tears off my cheek. I sat down to think about my dreams. As I sat there a thought burst into my mind I don't know where, but I'm trying to get home…
 
Orion can you hear me?
 
I waited for a few minutes then had another thought enter my mind.
 
I can, barely and…
 
Orion? Suddenly a wave of vertigo washed over me as something inside me built up energy. I saw through Orion's eyes for a split second. He was carrying a painting through the sky.
 
I'll be home as soon as I can. I promise.
 
I felt him disappear from our connection. My spirit, rekindled by the short conversation I had just had with Orion, grew warm and full of life once again. I went back to my room and took a shower quickly. I dressed to go to the Omega Tech R&D building to see what David had come up with on the sudden shutdown of the M.E.T.A.L. system earlier this week. I rode my bike to the facility five miles away. When I arrived, the courtyard was empty. I walked in to the building and entered a holly different place bustling with activity. I walked to the back where David's office was.
 
“Mrs. Crossack!”
 
“David how many times do I have to tell you I'm not related to Orion.” I said in an impatient tone, “Just call me Emerald.”
 
“All right Emerald. The report on the M.E.T.A.L. system is that a preset overheat sensor was triggered in the lens compartment. I had the system run a diagnostic of the entire network; the problem wasn't local all the systems shut off because of this overheating. Mr. Crossack did a hell of a job making all the satellites identical.”
 
“Is that all?”
 
“Oh no there's more really bad news, the lenses cracked simultaneously. I ran a test, the longest the system can be ran for is roughly forty-eight hours strait.”
 
“Great that's wonderful. Any thing else?”
 
“I can reset the overheat sensors for a lower temperature and run a few more tests.”
 
“Do that ASAP.” He began to walk off when I asked, “How hot did the lenses get at the shut off?”
 
“Ummm… around ten thousand Kelvin. The lenses melting point is something around twelve thousand Kelvin, really high for anything we have to date.”
 
“Why did the lenses crack then?”
 
“The cooling system dumped the lenses in the vacuum which is around 0.12 K.”
 
“How long till we can replace the lenses?”
 
“Orion's the only one that knows how to make the lenses. Without him, we're talking ten, twenty years.”
 
Emerald cursed under her breath. “What's the cool-down time?”
 
“The system is ready to reactivate but I'm going to program the cooling system to vent a little bit of heat constantly instead of dumping it to decrease risk of the lenses cracking again. The cool down time will be around five days”
 
He walked away to program the new cooling system.
 
I walked into the central room and watched the researchers scurry around in almost comic fashions. Every monitor in the building suddenly shut off and flickered on a second later with an image that made my blood boil. On every screen was Dark Orion with his foot on the limp form of Serenade. “To all beings on the planet earth, I hereby claim myself as the new Lord of the Undernet. Your precious Serenade didn't even offer a challenge for me.” He paused for a moment, “To all humans, I am currently searching for a way to get you all without using the… tedious Dimensional Area systems.” The screens winked off.
 
I ran to the nearest phone terminal and attempted to call Victor, Omega Tech's lead security programmer. The phone system was down, cursing under my breath I looked around to see if anyone was looking. When no one was, I jumped onto the net like Orion had described before. I rolled onto the Omega Tech R&D page, I ran toward the link that went to the security department almost ten miles away. The site was empty so I looked for a directory to find Victors terminal. When I found it I forced a connection, “Victor, I don't know how long this'll last but I need you to program a new security system for the M.E.T.A.L. sats, they'll be Dark Omega's first target for access into the real world.“ The connection died and I was booted off the server.
 
Chapter 11.4: Ticket Home
Point of View Orion
 
I think I've found out how to get home but can I catch it before it disappears forever?
 
I woke up and instantly rolled off the bed as the ceiling opened and a five hundred pound weight crushed the bed. I stood up and found a note on the side table,
 
You have 10 seconds to get dressed.
 
.23 seconds later I walked out of the room followed a few moments later by Daisuke walking out of his room. “Five hundred pounds?”
 
“Five hundred pounds.”
 
I walked into the kitchen and grabbed the bowl of cereal that was on the counter. I dropped a metal bearing into the bowl and gained a loud snap when the trap inside was triggered sending metal jaws flying shut.
 
“Is your mom always this odd?”
 
“No just when she's training someone to be a thief.”
 
I looked around for more traps. I saw 1.2 thousand in the kitchen alone, and I sprung them all never risking my own skin.
 
“I've got to look for a way back home today so I'll see you after school.”
 
“All right see you later Orion.” Daisuke said walking out the door.
 
I was about to jump to this world's under developed net to search all the networks I could when I heard the television turn on.
 
“… and in local news the anomaly causing the power fluctuations throughout the city is dissipating experts say it will be completely gone within four hours.”
 
I turned and ran outside instantly to the place that was behind the announcer, the museum that I came from, the West Bank Museum of Arts.
 
When I arrived, there was a mass of black vans parked around the building. When I walked up to the entrance a man stepped in front of me, “Sorry kid no one is allowed inside till noon.”
 
“I need to get in.”
 
“I said that no one is allowed inside.” I tried to go around the man to no avail. The man was getting angry. He showed me the gun that was in a holster on his right side, “Don't piss me off kid.”
 
I turned the hologram emitters on my Cyberarm off, “Try me.”
 
I once again tried to walk past the man he shoved me back and pulled the gun out in one fluid motion, “Kid leave it alone you're not getting in to this building anytime soon.” I took a step closer and the man shot the ground next to my foot, “Next time I won't miss!” He yelled leveling the gun at my chest.
 
I smiled I felt like playing with his mind I deepened my voice, “Pathetic human you think you could stop one of my power?” The man flinched for a split second then pulled the trigger. Time seemed to freeze as I caught the bullet in my left hand and crushed it. I opened my hand and let the dust fall to the ground, ” do you think you'll win now?” The man pulled the trigger again and I did the same thing a second time. “Fine we'll play it your way.” I warped behind the man and tapped his shoulder. He swung around as I took the gun from his hands and crushed it.
 
When I dropped it the man froze, “What are you?”
 
“A boy with regrets.” I said an instant before I knocked him out. I walked into the museum and took an immediate right to see the same spot that I had entered this world. I heard movement behind me so I span around and prepared to fight.
 
The movement had come from Daisuke, “I figured you would come here when you heard about the thing.”
 
“It's my only way home.”
 
“You're not exactly human are you?”
 
“I'm half human… I use to think it was a curse, but I'm starting to think it may be a blessing…”
 
“So your mother was a human and a alien came and…”
 
I cut him off, “My parents are both human. I'm half human because I changed half my body into energy, I would have died if I hadn't…”
 
/Analysis complete__
/System modifying for current need__
/Antiverse Pulse active./
 
“Daisuke, stay back. I have no idea what this will do.”
 
“So don't do it.”
 
“I made a promise to someone, one I plan on keeping.” I stepped into the center of the room. “Antiverse Pulse upload and execute.” Nothing happened, “Antiverse Pulse Activate.”
 
My hands zipped together as a sphere of light began to grow in between them. The light pushed my hands apart and spilled into an unseen hole making it visible. The light began to intensify and swirl like a tornado. Suddenly a sound of glass shattering occurred at the instant space seemed to crack. For a second the fissures were red as blood then I could see the sands of the Undernet on the other side of them. There was a figure on the other side, “Emerald?”
 
The figure moved, “Orion, is that you?”
 
“Emerald! I'm over here!”
 
Emerald looked at where I was, “What is that?”
 
“There is a wall separating where I am and where you are.” There was another crack as the fractures spider webbed outwards. “Shit, this isn't good!” There was yet another crack. The fractures touched the ceiling which instantaneously combusted. Daisuke jumped out of the way of a two-ton section of roof.
 
“What's going on?!?” Daisuke yelled.
 
“This rift is fracturing and the wall between universes is falling apart!” I stood still for a second, “I've got one thing I can do to avert the annihilation of both universes.”
 
“Then do it!” Daisuke yelled over the roar of a blast near him.
 
“Omega Compression System, Activate!” My hands once again zipped together and a sphere of light began to grow. Once the sphere was as large as my hands, color began to become non-existent in waves followed shortly by the swirling of what color was left into the sphere, leaving only darkness.
 
“What are you doing!” Daisuke yelled over the howl of air being pulled into the sphere.
 
“I'm pulling your universe into this ball which I can place in a advanced containment system where it can continue to exist like nothing ever happened.”
 
Daisuke was pulled into the sphere quickly, shortly followed by every thing else within thirty-trillion kilometers.
 
The sphere began to solidify into what looked like a greenish basketball. I looked at it as I heard another crack, “Daisuke I'm sorry…”
 
I pushed the small orb toward the rift as it shattered completely, opening the way home for me.
 
Chapter 11.4.5: V.2
Point of View Orion
 
I've been gone for almost a full month. Everyone has grown so much since I was taken, especially Emerald. However, I have the feeling that something old will soon awaken from the depths of hell…
 
I floated through the rift as it began to collapse. Fell face first on the ground in a deep daze. I did not hear Emerald as she walked over to me and did not feel her as she hugged me tightly. I simply stared at the sphere in my hands. The world I had saved from destruction by trapping it in a small ball.
 
Orion are you alright?
 
I will be soon, but not right now.
 
What happened?
 
I… I… condemned a planet then turned around and saved it.
 
A wave of agony rippled through me.
 
/Ωstyle V.2 √/
 
“Emerald I missed you.” Were the last words I said to Emerald before I passed out…
 
Point of View change to Emerald
 
Orion went limp in my arms pulling me down with him.
 
Orion are you alright? There was no response over the link so I pried into his mind to see what was going on. He was dreaming very turbulent dreams very quickly most of them involved his dark side ending him. I felt a presence in the real world so I quickly ended my invasion into Orion's dream.
 
I turned around to see the one person that I prayed I would not meet on the net; Dark Orion.
 
He smiled, as he looked upon his other self, “His dreams are turbulent aren't they?” I must have shown surprise on my face as he drew closer, “Every word you say over your little link, I can hear it, all of it. It gets annoying occasionally but I tend to laugh at what you two say over it.” He grabbed my chin, “I plan to ruin his life with you.”
 
“Put… her… down…” Orion said weakly.
 
“You're in no position to even ask for something, let alone demand anything.”
 
Something flashed across my field of vision,
 
/Nearby Omega^style upgrading to V.2__
 
/Large data mass detected entering area and combining with nearby style__
 
/Recommend evacuation/
 
“Put… Her… Down…” Orion said in a slightly stronger voice.
 
Dark Orion could not see Orion himself through me. “I think I won't.”
 
I heard the shifting of sand under a pair of feet. The sound was from behind me. Then a voice pierced the huge, empty, expanse as clear as a air horn on the open sea, “I said put her down!”
 
Dark Orion's eyes dilated in fear before he threw me to the side. “You're quick to recover too. This should be interesting.”
 
Suddenly Orion fell again in pain.
 
“On second thought I'll just do what I planed first.” Dark Orion walked over to me grabbing me by the throat. I saw a flash of light behind Dark Orion as he constricted the room I had to breath through.
 
/Nearby Omega^style has completed updating to V.2/
 
A voice growled, “Your actions are pissing me off! I have a plan too. That plan is to finish this here and now!”
 
Dark Orion was suddenly shoved away from me quickly enough to rip me from his grasp. Orion was not on the ground. I saw a green blur assault Dark Orion until he fled like a coward. The green blur speed over to me and stopped for a second, growling then lifted it's claws up to slash me. Orion! The figure stopped and blinked its red eyes changed to a very familiar blue. “Orion? Is that you?”
 
I'm not sure I think… argg! His eyes changed back to blood red and he began to growl at me once again. I can't control it! Emerald run! The beast grabbed its stomach in pain.
 
I took this opportunity to run trying to calm Orion down. Orion get a hold of yourself! You're going to hurt someone!
 
The figure grabbed its head in pain. Orion was screaming at whatever was controlling him. I could hear it through the link. I won't let you hurt Emerald! I've dealt with someone that did the same thing to me. I will not let you hurt any of my friends!
 
That's it Orion! Keep it up!
 
I won't let you control me. I will be the master of the beast, not the puppet of the puppet master! Orion stopped moving as his eyes became blue again.
 
A new voice reverberated over the link, you are stronger at heart than most people could ever in all their life. I will be willing to allow you to control my power. I feel that you are the one who can control it better than I, however I will always be looking over your shoulder.
 
Orion's armor reverted to normal as he fell to the ground once again.
 
Chapter 11.5: Triggon
Point of View Orion
 
Who is the little voice in the back of my head?
 
I sat in my office over looking Cyber City. As I sat looking out over the view of Seaside Town and the ocean, I began to hum a little tune I had made when I was a child. Even with my mind wandering, I was constantly aware of a presence in the back of my mind.
 
Get used to my presence little one I'm always going to be here.
 
Well it's fine that you're here it's just that your doing the same thing as looking over my shoulder…
 
I'm sorry I have no other choice… it's not exactly a interesting place up here…
 
What's that supposed to mean?
 
Nothing don't worry about it…
 
Fine! There was silence for a few minutes. Then I asked, what's your name?
 
My name… is… Triggon (pronounced Trig-gone)… I think…
 
You don't know your name?
 
No one has asked me my name in over two hundred and fifty years.
 
You're over two hundred years old! The net hasn't even existed for 50 years!
 
Where I come from the net has been in existence for thirty-thousand years. The last human I saw was my operator… I can't even remember his name it's been so long.
 
You're not from earth are you?
 
Oh I am but just like you I'm from another one.
 
I gazed out once again, how long has it been since you talked with someone?
 
Almost one hundred years… it is a relief to be talking with someone again.
 
How old are you Triggon?
 
For your terms and purposes I'm roughly ten thousand years old. Many of those years have been spent alone.
 
You're old…
 
I may be old but I am not wise. For you are wiser than I.
 
I hope that you don't mind being up there for a wile.
 
I'll be up here for the rest of both our lives, besides I rather be here than on the net.
 
I felt him search through my memories, what are you doing?
 
I'm curious about your past little one. After all you've been asking me questions, I figured you wouldn't mind me asking some.
 
I'll answer them you don't need to pry into my memories.
 
The feeling stopped, I want to know about you, if you've lost anyone close, if you have a love, if you hate anyone.
 
I've lost many people close to me, my brother, my mother, my best friend…
 
Is something wrong?
 
My friend died when I was seven. We were like family.
 
I'm sorry to hear that…
 
I paused, have you lost anyone close?
 
My operator, he died at age twelve, crushed by the device I had activated intending to save his life from that thing…
 
What thing?
 
An image popped into my head, a ten foot tall, black, almost liquid humanoid
 
They were called Terravons they consumed all the carbon the could find. My Operator was apparently lucky, their feeding process is excruciatingly painful. My earth was completely consumed. I was lucky to be on one of the few remaining silicon based systems, most of the systems back home were carbon based. As far as I know I'm the last survivor of the `Terravon Terror' of 20,580, every day I pray that Quanta survived as well…
 
Who's Quanta?
 
She's my Emerald.
 
You got to that memory?
 
It was hard to miss, shining like a beacon.
 
Who was the one that asked your name last?
 
A Navi, I don't remember his name but he transfered to a CNet right before the Terravons got to it.
 
The Terravons, are they still on your earth?
 
Yes, and I fear that they may find the way I came here.
 
So you came through a non-cyber based route?
 
Yes, I was pulled through as a Wi-Fi signal. I thought that I had found her, Quanta.
 
I'm sorry that I…
 
Don't worry about it. I doubt that she was really there.
 
After that there was silence as we looked out over the ocean to lands unknown. I had the feeling that someone was trying to watch us over the rolling waves...
 
Chapter 11.5.25: Quanta
Point of View Quanta
 
He's nearby I know it!
 
As I sat watching the Cyber-Ocean hoping that someone would transfer to the server that I was inhabiting, especially Triggon, last I had seen him was almost five thousand years ago escaping from one of the Cnets as the Terravons began to consume it. I suddenly felt a pulling sensation toward one of the remaining Snets out of curiosity I walked over to the conversion link and entered the Snet. I turned around to see the link disappear, meaning the Terravons had gotten to the final remaining CNet, and I had escaped out of pure luck. I sat down and started to cry, that CNet was the final one with assess to all the Snets, I could never find him now. I heard movement behind me, “Just get it over with, end my life, spare me the suffering of eternity…”
 
Whoever was behind me put a hand on my shoulder, “Now, why should I do that?”
 
I turned around to see hundreds of Navis in a lively and bright place not the wreck I had seen before. I looked at the girl with her hand on my shoulder, “How is this possible? I know the Snets can't support this many Navis.” The girl opened her mouth like she was about to answer but didn't as a high pitched scream cut through the joyous atmosphere like a hot knife through butter. I jumped up as the girl spun to see the source of the noise. A hound as large as I was ripped through a Navi and began to charge at the girl. I pushed the girl behind me as I shouted, “Foundry-Blade!”
 
A seven foot long double edged blade appeared in front of me. I grabbed it and quickly swung it at the hound that was fast approaching. I only hurt it and so it ran away. I turned around expecting to see the girl. She was no were to be seen. I fell to the ground my strength leaving me.
 
Suddenly I got back up and shook my head. Only thing was that I wasn't doing anything, someone else was controlling me.
 
Chapter 11.5.5: Darkloid Discovery
Point of View Netto
 
What's happened to Orion? Where has he been for the past month?
 
“Netto-kun, you look down today, what happened?” Meru asked as we walked home.
 
“I don't know I'm just down today, I don't know why Meru-chan.”
 
“One of those days, I've had plenty of them.” Meru said smiling.
 
We walked for a little while in silence until both our PET's went off at the same time. “Netto-kun it's from… Orion.”
 
“I grabbed my PET quickly and read the E-mail quickly.
 
 
Dear Netto,
I am sorry for my month long absence, I hope that you are willing to come to the Crosack residence for an early Christmas celebration, since I will most likely be absent till after the holiday.
 
 
“Rockman tell him that I'll be there when I can.”
 
“Will do Netto-kun.”
 
I looked at Meru, “You get the same E-mail?”
 
“Yep I'll be there too.”
 
We parted as we walked to our own homes and prepared to go to Orion's celebration. My PET rang once again, this time with a email from Mr. Famous.
 
 
Netto we need you to report immediately to Net Savior HQ we believe that we've found the Darkloids base of operations.
 
 
“Looks like Orion will have to wait.”
 
I rushed out the door and headed strait to Net Savior HQ. When I arrived there were five cars parked in front of the building, one was my fathers, another was the Commissioners, the third belonged to Mr. Famous, the fourth was Riaka's jeep. The fifth was white with blue stripes along it, was shaped like a Concourse jet, and looked altogether completely different to any car I had seen before.
 
I walked inside and was instantly greeted by my father. “Do you know who the car in the parking lot belongs to papa?”
 
“It would be mine.” A voice said behind me. “It's one of the first Omega Tech cars, the X-32.”
 
“Figures that you'd be the one to have it first, Orion.” I turned around to see none other than Orion. “Let me guess you built it.”
 
“I didn't someone Emerald hired did, but I modified it, you could call it the X-33.”
 
“Do I even want to know what you did to it?”
 
“Probably not.”
 
“Boys could we concentrate on the task at hand?” we both turned around and looked at my father. “Now, where was I? Oh yes the Darkloid base. After Netto eliminated Dr. Willy from the picture concerning the darkloids, they have been moving from place to place, or at least that's what it seemed like.” he walked over to the main terminal in the room. “they have really been working out of an American base of operations this whole time, the Americans didn't realize this until the Darkloids began to attack American military targets from inside the network. The American Anti-darkloid program has reached its limit, they only have a handful of operatives left and are currently begging for help from any Net-Superpower. Netopia has refused to help, Sharro is currently indisposed.”
 
“I'm lucky I'm not on the front line helping fight the Darkland strikes!” A voice shouted from the corner of the room.
 
“Riaka, I didn't see you over there.” Orion said adding, “Your ego healed yet from that day?”
 
Riaka gave Orion a death glare, which made my blood run cold.
 
“Anyway we're the only power that can offer help to the USA at this time. So you three being the Elite group of the Net Saviors are being asked to go to the USA and aid the remnants of the Anti-Darkloid unit that still remains.”
 
“Why isn't Enzan here?” I asked.
 
“He's in Europe having contracts signed for IPC.” Orion said quickly.
 
“And how do you know that?”
 
“I know it because I'm on the phone with him. Remember that I'm half Navi.”
 
I was silent for a few moments so my father continued, “Netto and Orion you'll be traveling with Riaka, seeing as he has a Sharro MiG 32 waiting for him at CyberCity international airport.”
 
“I can supply my own transportation.” Orion said smirking.
 
“Very well. Netto go with Riaka and get to America ASAP.”
 
I looked at Orion, “How are you going to get there?”
 
“You'll see.” He said still smirking as we walked out of the building.
 
We walked out of the Net Savior HQ, I jumped into Riaka's Jeep with him and buckled up right, before he nailed the gas. As we sped toward CCIA I hanged on for dear life as we:
Disobeyed all traffic laws
Sped almost fifty KPH above the speed limit
Ran a red light, weaving in and out of cars
 
We came to a screaming stop in front of a hangar with a jet inside it. I jumped out of the jeep and thought about kissing the ground as I followed Riaka into the hangar.
 
“Get in the rear seat, I'll be in the front in a little.” He said as he walked into a room off the main hangar.
 
I got into the seat he told me to and made sure that I didn't touch any of the buttons. I looked over the seat Riaka was going to sit in and saw the little odd white car that belonged to Orion. “Hey Netto! Have a good flight! I'll see you in the air!”
 
Riaka walked out of the room and yelled at Orion, “See you in America.”
 
“Not if I get there first.”
 
Riaka jumped into the cockpit of the MiG and started the engines up. Orion drove out of the way. We taxied onto the tarmac and prepared to take off.
 
“What the hell?” Riaka said.
 
“What is it?”
 
“Look for yourself.”
 
I looked over Riaka and saw the little car that Orion was driving in front of us. He turned onto the runway. The car seemed to float as it moved down the runway, then a ten meter long blue flame was ejected from the back as it took off, leaving both me and Riaka stunned.
 
The radio crackled, “I'll circle until you two get in the air.”
 
Riaka was putting of an aura of bewilderment as he readied the MiG for take off. He ran through a last minute check before he pulled onto the runway, “Hold on.”
 
The jet's engines powered up and we were pushed into our seats. Riaka quickly pulled back hard on the steering mechanism causing the plane to rocket skywards. I looked out to my right and saw Orion and his odd car, “Told you that I modified it heavily.” His voice crackled over the radio. The X-33 started to change.
 
Riaka smirked, “Let's see if you can keep up with my MiG!”
 
“That's the Mark three right?”
 
“Yep!” Riaka said pushing the throttle as far forward as it would go. I was, once again, pushed all the way back in my seat, after a few seconds I heard a pop. “We're going mach three, there's no way he can keep up.”
 
“Guess again Riaka.” Orion's voice said over the radio, “This little puppy has a Ramjet speed capability.” Riaka was silent as Orion pulled into formation beside us. The X-33 was no longer a small craft but was large enough to fit Riaka's MiG into it's underside cargo hold, “Slow down to subsonic and dock so I can show you what this thing can really do.”
 
Riaka slowed down, Orion never leaving perfect formation, and docked in the underside that opened as we approached. The underside closed and Riaka opened the cockpit, letting the ambient hum in. A catwalk was right next to the MiG allowing Riaka and myself to walk effortlessly to where Orion was standing waiting. “You say this thing can move faster than my Firebird, I would like to see that.”
 
“It can do more than that.” I felt the jet suddenly jolt to the right. “Allow me to show you.”
 
He lead us into the front compartment. I saw a scene that startled me, ACDC town was directly in front of us. “how'd we get here?”
 
“I rerouted your jet to get us within fifty kilometers of ACDC.”
 
“Figures you would do something like that.”
 
“Get seated and I'll show you a few things.”
 
We all sat down in one of the twelve chairs. Orion sat in the very front, he pressed a number of buttons on the console in front of him. I felt the jet slow down to the point that we were hovering. I looked out the window and could see my house.
 
“Can you see this Rockman?”
 
“Sure can Netto-kun.”
 
Orion turned when he heard Rockman, “There should be jack-in ports on the chairs.” I found it and jacked Rockman in. The seat in front of me was suddenly lit up by a red beam of light. Rockman appeared in front of me. “Almost every Omega Tech vehicle has a METAL system integrated into it, the X-33-A is no different.”
 
“Can we just get on with the mission we have to do in America?” Riaka asked impatiently.
 
“Very well, climbing to operational altitudes.” I looked out the window to see clouds wiping past after a minute the familiar blue sky had gone black and I felt much lighter, “Operation altitude reached. Take a look at the view boys.”
 
The jet rolled and I could see the earth far enough below that I could see the horizon in all directions, like a picture Mrs Mari had shown us… taken from a space shuttle. “Orion are we in space?”
 
“Yes we are.”
 
Riaka chuckled, “All from a little car.”
 
“If you are referring to the X-33 we're not in that this is the X-33-S. The X-33 project is a multi-use system, the X-33 is for ground transport the X-33-A is for air travel and the X-33-S is space based. X-33 is merely the base unit for the X-33-A, the X-33-S, the X-33-G, and the X-33-I. Advanced nanotechnologies allow the X-33 to morph into the A, S, G, and I variants, it's to complex to explain without a thirty hour long lecture into the subject.”
 
“What are the I and G versions?” Riaka asked.
 
“The G variant is a super car and I is still in development.”
 
“What is it going to be though?” Riaka asked again.
 
“You'll just have to wait a few more months.” Orion said defiant. “Hold on for a moment.”
 
There was a small change in momentum. I looked at Rockman, “How fast are we going?”
 
“Netto-kun we're traveling at almost twenty times the speed of sound.”
 
Orion pressed a few more buttons and I felt the craft begin to fall. “We'll hit thirty times the speed of sound by the time we're in American airspace.”
 
I looked out the window in awe as we fell toward the earth at incomprehensible speeds. We slowed to acceptable speeds when we entered American airspace and got clearance to land in Washington D.C. After we landed Rockman was returned to my PET where he turned on the Hologram system built into the PET and rode on my shoulder to the Pentagon.
 
A man was standing outside with two men on either side of him, “You three must be the Net Saviors that Japan sent. You made it here in record time.” He looked at Orion, “Ahh… you must be the Orion I've been hearing about.”
 
Orion said, “You must be the American Anti-Darkloid unit leader, Taylor Kochevar.”
 
“How do you know my name? The AD program was black until recently.”
 
“I own a company that reaches into every aspect of life as we know it, right now the PET you have on your waist has Omega Tech's prototype QCPU, I don't trust people with my prototypes quickly.” Orion added a moment later, “What I know about you is from transmissions that are sent to my satellite network for background checks.”
 
“For the METAL system?”
 
“Yes, can't trust people to be good when they have Navi's that could go on a rampage.”
 
“We'll talk more about that later, right now lets talk about why you're here. My government has been under almost constant bombardment by the Darkloids that until recently were more focused on Japan and Netopia. My ranks are running thin, but we have ID'd the Darkloid base of operations. It's in an old Battlement Mesa complex that was abandoned years ago.”
 
“We'll wipe them out, sir.” Riaka said in military fashion.
 
“Good to see that you're enthused, but it's not that simple, they've blocked all direct access on the net. And the Real world site was blown so no one could access the internal structure.”
 
“I've got just the thing.” Orion said looking at a watch he had on.
 
“What do you have in mind?”
 
“I haven't told anyone this but the METAL system has other abilities, like say, orbital drilling capabilities.”
 
“Wait you said it wasn't a weapon system.”
 
“There is a program in place to keep all cities, towns, and other important structures as auto no-fire targets, the place isn't within ten miles of a town is it?”
 
“The area has a thirty mile no trespassing zone around it. Why?”
 
“The no-fire system will click if there's any settlements within ten miles of the beam-strike zone.”
 
“Well that formality is out of the way, you now have your way in. Let's get started!”
 
The man walked over to a Humvee that had been idling nearby.
 
We followed him and he drove us back to the airport that we had landed in, there was a group to eight people waiting for us.
 
“I've got a squadron of fighters ready to escort us there.”
 
“Why do we need an escort?” Orion asked cautiously.
 
“The Base had automated drones as a defense system during the Cold War, they may have been reactivated.”
 
Orion smiled, “The escort won't be necessary, in fact, I would prefer they didn't come for their own safety.”
 
“Another one of your METAL secrets?”
 
“You could say that, this one is more fine tuned for in city work though, demolitions, if you know what I mean.”
 
“OK.”
 
We all boarded the X-33-S, Orion stood at the front, “Have any of you been through a space flight simulator?” One person raised his hand and Orion asked, “How long did you last?”
 
The man stood, “Sir I lasted five minutes and twelve-seconds, sir!”
 
“Well the maneuvers we may have to pull will be approaching seven gees. The only person that I think will remain lucid on this trip is going to be Riaka, if things turn sour. Riaka, get up here you're flying Copilot, incase I pass out.” Riaka stood up and walked into the very front and sat down in the chair labeled Co. “Does anyone here know why we may have to pull seven gees?”
 
“Because of the Drone system, Sir!” the group said in unison.
 
“Wrong. We may pull seven gees because of how we're going to shot them down.”
 
“What could do that in plane to plane combat, Sir?”
 
“The combat isn't plane to plane.” Orion paused, “You all know what METAL is I presume.”
 
“Yes, Sir!”
 
“Well, METAL is what'll be shooting them down for us, but it'll be more random than head on, the system we're using is designed for demolition not anti air.” Orion paused again, “Any questions?”
 
“No, Sir!”
 
Orion looked at me and I could swear that his eyes were as brown as my own.
 
Chapter 11.5.75: Aerial Conflict
Point of view Third
 
One jet challenging us, how amusing.
 
The X-33-S, screamed through the sky toward an old facility in the center of Battlement Mesa, while a camera on the complex focused in on it. Inside the complex several, small, roughly diamond shaped mechanoids began to hum to life awaiting orders from the command system deeper within the complex itself.
 
“Sire, there is a small jet entering the perimeter. What should we do?” a voice said out of the darkness.
 
“Do what you will with it, just make sure that there is nothing left.” Another voice said from the darkness as well, “If you leave anything it could mean trouble for us.”
 
“Very well, Sire.” One of the figures walked away.
 
“They must not interfere, if they do I won't have the time to absorb them both.”
 
The mechanoids moved upwards toward a cleared hangar door. They received their orders; Destroy the incoming jet and destroy any thing that is left from it.
 
On the jet Riaka was the first to see the drones, “Orion, I hope you have that miracle weapon up now.”
 
“It still needs a few minutes to align. Why?”
 
“We have company.”
 
Orion took the steering mechanism and prepared to start a little aerial acrobatics show.
 
The drones hummed toward the X-33-S mercilessly, preparing to attack the defenseless plane.
 
“I've modified the design of the X-33-S a little, want me to apply the change?”
 
“Will it take long?”
 
“No.”
 
“Do it.”
 
Orion pressed a button and the plane began to morph into a more demoralizing craft. “I'm going to call it the X-33-SF.”
 
The drones hovered just inside the no-fly zone. The instant the X-33-F was in their range they began to follow it quickly.
 
 
Far above the earth, three satellites were moving into geosynchronous orbit above the complex, their lenses burning a bright red.
 
 
The drones began to hail the X-33-SF with bullets. Riaka pulled the throttle back as far as it would go, killing the engines and deploying air-brakes dropping the speed of the X-33 from 1,200 KmPH to two hundred KmPH in seconds, causing the drones in close pursuit to soar past the X-33 and its crew. The drones almost immediately swung around and continued to pursue the jet recovering from the sudden stop. On the inside of the X-33 a sound dreaded by all pilots, including Riaka, echoed through the cockpit, the sound of a missile lock. On the surface an old Anti Air missile system launched a missile too new to be from the Cold War.
 
“Orion!” Riaka shouted in dismay.
 
Orion grabbed the throttle and shoved it forward as far as it would go.
 
The X-33-SF's engines glowed for a second until a cone of light appeared, narrowed and sent the jet flying at above 24,000 KmPH into space, the AA missile followed closely powered by a similar engine.
 
Orion watched as the missile got closer and closer, seconds before impact, he cursed loudly and hammered a button.
 
“X-33-I system active.”
 
The jet leaped forward and seemed to disappear in a blink.
 
 
/METAL system command rewrite: Current target. Max beam intensity. Ten-second firing.__
/System unable to comply, underground structure detected./
/Override: Alpha, Prometheus, Omega. Commence firing sequence.__
/System override accepted, firing sequence initiated./
 
Back in the complex a Navi cursed, “I don't have the time to get the other one… but, I could…” The Navi sent an E-mail to Netto Hikari containing a monumental file, “He'll be overpowered by it and join my ranks.” He let out a diabolical laugh as he transfered out of the complex leaving the other Navis to die in the five-hundred meter wide blast that soon atomized the surrounding mile of computers, concrete, drones and AA systems.