MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction / D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Orion ❯ Chapter 11.6: ZX ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 11.6: Role Models
Point of View: Orion
 
The X-33-I is the most experimental craft in existence, it tends to break, isn't at all simple to repair, goes too fast for anything else to catch, and just saved our asses…
 
Orion wake up, you idiot!
 
“Shut up Triggon.” I moaned, rubbing my forehead, that seemed about to explode.
 
Shish! All I do is wake you up, and you're already at insult.
 
My head continued to throb, sorry, I'm not with it right now. Then I looked out the window. I saw the black of space and stars streaking across it. I grabbed and pulled the throttle back and reversed the X-33-I's engine thrust.
 
“X-33-I Engines in standby mode.” A computerized voice said. “Anomaly detected in Temporal Isolation Drive.”
 
“How has the Isolation drive been offline?”
 
“Unknown.”
 
“How far have we traveled?” I said, checking Riaka's pulse.
 
“One, zero, point three, five thousand.”
 
“Define.”
 
“Ten-thousand light-years.”
 
“Calculate Earth position.”
 
“Calculating…” A hologram of where we were appeared with a red line back toward earth. The earth moved as the computer thought, “Accurate in event of near complete failure of TID.”
 
“Is the TID repairable?”
 
“TID current status is within expectable limits, in theory TID is operational.”
 
“Plot corse to earth, now.”
 
“Engine restart,” the engines whirled to life, “TID check, Reverse Gravitational Well Generator check, Inertial Dampener check, StarDrive check… All systems are green.”
 
“Execute.”
 
“Ten-seconds to energy dump to StarDrive.” A pinprick of light appeared in front of the X-33-I. “Gravitational tunnel forming, StarDrive firing.” There was a loud boom from the back of the X-33-I.
 
Riaka jolted in reaction to the sound. “What the hell!”
 
“Relax, we were all knocked out. The X-33 is taking us home.”
 
“From where?”
 
A feeling of movement was apparent for a moment, then dissipated quickly. “From a place very far from earth.”
 
“Destination reached.”
 
“Confirm our location.”
 
“Location is not Earth, earth-like planet is nearby.”
 
“Take us down to its surface.”
 
“Touchdown in roughly 28 minutes”
 
“Now all we can do is wait.”
 
Time change + 28:30
 
There was a jolt as we touched down. On the way down I had seen two large pieces of something.
 
I looked at my hand to see that it was gloved. I almost ignored a banging on the outer hull as I puzzled over why my Navi system was showing. I went to see what was banging on my ship, “Is the atmosphere earth compatible?”
 
“Yes, there is a unusually high concentration of dust, likely caused by an impact, no unusual biologicals detected. I infer that you wish to leave the craft.” The X-33's onboard computer said.
 
“He does.” Riaka said from in the front.
 
“Notify me if any of the others wake up. OK Riaka?”
 
“Will do.”
 
I opened the Inner hatch on the airlock used to separate the interior and space. It closed behind me and the outer hatch opened on its own. A large volume of sand and dirt surged in as I walked out. I could not see more than three feet in front of me and could hear only the deafening roar of the wind around me. I was thankful that the X-33 was tested to withstand the impact of armor piercing bullets howitzer , it needed it in that maelstrom. I felt a hand on my right shoulder, I turned around and saw a boy in a cloak with his mouth covered by some of it and had goggles protecting his eyes from the harsh sandstorm. I felt pressure, and I blacked out.
 
When I woke up I was in a bed. I bolted upright and looked around. There was a large double door to my right, I got out of the bed and walked over to the doors. They opened before I ever got to them and two men walked in.
 
“You're Orion, right?” The tallest one asked.
 
“I am.” I eyed them, “Why am I here?”
 
“Grey mistook you for one of the other MegaMen.” The short one with three eyes said. “Sorry about that.”
 
The large one cleared his throat, “About that, Grey sends his apologies.”
 
“Where are my friends and my ship?”
 
“We don't know where they are, that Riaka fellow followed a beacon to Legion and explained who you were, when he went back on to get the others your ship took off the instant he was inside it.”
 
“It must have found a way home, but someone had to activate the return protocol for it to leave.”
 
“So one of your `friends' decided to leave you here.” The short one said.
 
“It only takes one person to do it, so not all of them wanted to leave me behind.”
 
“If that is the case you need to find an occupation. I have an idea.”
 
He handed me a card, “What's this for?”
 
“It's a hunters card. We made it just incase you would need it.”
 
“Thank you.” I looked a the card.
 
“I'm sure that Grey isn't out of the city yet, he'd willingly give you a rundown on everything you'll need to know.” The large one said. “I think he'd be in the Plaza.”
 
The short one handed me a map, “You'll need that to find him.”
 
“Thanks again.”
 
“No problem, go down the hall hang a left and ride the elevator down to the ground floor.”
 
“And be sure to use that map.”
 
They motioned toward the doors and allowed me to walk past them. The started to talk to one another quietly.
 
I took the elevator down at least fifty stories to the ground floor. I walked across a suspended walkway to get to what looked like a mall. I pulled the map the men had given me and looked for the plaza. I figured that I was at what was labeled as The Mall on the map, that put me at around a half hour walk to the Plaza that was marked on the map. I looked up from the map and all I saw were a pair of green eyes. I jumped back in surprise. The eyes belonged to a girl as tall as me in a blue outfit.
 
“You must be the new hunter that Grey brought in.” She said smiling, “My name is Aile, Grey asked me to come and find you.”
 
“Oh, thanks.” I said looking at her. She looked familiar somehow…
 
“Don't mention it, Oriom.”
 
“It's Orion.”
 
“Oops… Sorry.”
 
“Not the first time someone's done it.”
 
“You were going to look for Grey in the Plaza right?”
 
“That's where they told me to look.”
 
“He's not in the Legion Plaza anymore, he went back to Hunter Camp.” She began to walk away, “Come on we don't want to keep anyone waiting.”
 
I ran to catch up with her.
 
Chapter 11.6.05: Meeting People and Enemies
Point of View Orion
 
I finally realized who Aile looks like: my mother... Just… Younger...
 
“We're almost to Hunter Camp” Aile said walking past me coming from a car in front of the one I had been in the whole trip. “Get up, Grey'll be waiting for us at the station, along with Vent and Ashe.”
 
“Vent and Ashe?”
 
“Friends of mine.” Her cheeks became pink as she said this.
 
“You're more than friends with Vent aren't you?”
 
“Am I blushing?” Her cheeks reddened more than I thought was possible. “You could say that I kinda like him…”
 
“Now that's a flat lie.” I said looking at her as if I was looking over a pair of glasses.
 
“OK I really like him, but I'm not sure if he likes me…” if her face became any redder she would have looked like apple.
 
“I'm not one to give any hints in that department, I learned that the girl I love loves me when I was nearly on my death bed. Only way I could help you is to beat him up enough to… I think I'll shut up now.”
 
“Final stop Hunter Camp!” The conductor boomed over the intercom.
 
The train began to slow as we approached our stop. I got up and walked to the nearest door. Right before it opened. We both stepped off the train.
 
“Aile! Over here!” Someone yelled over the crowd.
 
Aile grabbed my arm and pulled me through the crowd, forcefully. I stumbled along behind her keeping up, barely. When we got through the thick crowd Aile bee-lined to a group of three people standing by a door. “Orion I'd like to introduce you to,” she pointed at a boy with what looked like red power cords coming from the base of his neck, “Grey.”
 
He rubbed the back of his head, “Sorry about earlier.”
 
Aile pointed to the girl with long grey hair and two guns at her side, “Ashe.”
 
“Welcome to Hunter Camp.” She said cheerily.
 
Aile pointed to the last person in the group, “And Vent.”
 
“Good to meet you.” He said bowing. They all had green eyes.
 
Ashe looked at me for a moment then threw one of her guns at me, “Take this, you can't be a very good hunter without some form of weapon.”
 
“You really don't need to give me this…”
 
“Don't sweat about it, you can pay me back for it later.”
 
I sweat-dropped at that comment.
 
Ashe touched a small device on her ear, “Sorry guys I've got to go and finish off some of the Mavericks left over from the crash.” She turned and began to walk away.
 
“I'm coming with you!” Grey said catching up with her and walking out of the room with her.
 
Vent looked at me, “Looks like we'll have to show you the ropes around here then…”
 
“Lead on.”
 
Vent turned around and walked to the door that was nearest us. I followed him through the rest of the station and out to an area that had been overran by vegetation. We passed a group of people as we walked toward a number of modular buildings and hangars. Vent stopped and looked at me as he talked, “The building with the big zero on it contains a transceiver. The next building is the store room for everyones stuff. Third is the infirmary, the fourth building is temporarily an air traffic control and has access to the air field.”
 
He began to walk away again, so, I started to follow him. Aile put her hand on my shoulder and stopped me, “Just leave him alone for a wile, he's been acting a little depressed lately.” She said in a soft voice.
 
Vent was engulfed in a white light.
 
 
/Unknown technology found__
 
/Attempting to integrate__
 
 
The light dimmed and Vent stood in a green armor. He jumped and began to fly out of Hunter Camp.
 
“He's using model HX.” She sighed. “What's gotten into him?” She started to run toward the airfield when she yelled at me, “Just wait here!”
 
I sighed and sat down. About three minutes later I heard something take off. I looked at it and stood up and took a few steps back as a large ship began to rise above the surrounding buildings. It began to accelerate in the direction Vent had flown in.
 
 
/Technology integrated into V3__
/Booting V3…
 
I felt my entire body pulse
 
/V3 has successfully activated, booting Model systems…
 
A screen appeared in my vision with three items on it, X, H, and OMEGA.
 
/Please select Model(s)__
 
 
I thought about HX and a small green figure appeared on the screen with text next to it: Model HX; capabilities: Hover, Air Dash, and limited flight. I thought about the third option I had on the screen and the figure gained larger wings that almost looked like they belonged to green bats, the text changed as well: Model HXO; capabilities: Hover, Air Dash, and subsonic flight. I did nothing for a few moments and felt something wash over me, not like changing into a style that ripped my body apart, this was simply adding on to what was already there.
 
 
/Model setup complete__
/Activating neural interface of Model H capabilities__
 
 
I felt a siting at the base of my neck.
 
 
/Interface setup complete__
 
 
I jumped and felt the pack on my back accelerate quickly and pull me long with it. I flew toward the speck in the distance that was the airship chasing Vent. As I approached it I saw smoke coming out of a hole on the top of it that I knew hadn't been there earlier when it took off. I went to the top of the airship and landed in time to see Aile fly out of the hole, landing hard on the solid steel. She flashed and was clad in a red armor holding a blue sword that she held at arms length toward the figure that jumped out of the hole, Vent
 
 
/New Model added; Z__
 
 
Aile charged at him and slammed the sword through his stomach. He didn't flinch as he swung a sword at her. She dodged it by millimeters pulling her sword out of him, not red with blood but black. He kicked her back and put his foot on her chest, and she began to look pale.
 
But when she began to lose size Triggon yelledTerravon! Triggon jumped forward and took control of my body lunging us at the fake Vent, screaming in vengeance. He pulled a sword from my side and slammed it into the fake Vent's throat, who in turn splashed into a black pool surrounding Aile and me.
 
He helped Aile up off the ground, “Why did you help me.”
 
“I wasn't helping you I was quenching my taste for revenge, for now. Now Orion would have helped you out of kindness.” She looked at us strangely, “I'm not Orion, I'm Triggon, I share his body.”
 
“So Orion suffers from Multiple Personality Disorder...”
 
“No, I used to be a separate entity, now if you'll excuse me I'm going to give him control again.”
 
Triggon released his control over me and went into a corner of my mind. I took control and groaned at the pain the resulted from the floor seeming to jump up to meet me. “God, I hate it when he does that.”
 
“What just happened?”
 
“Well, if I saw correctly, the Vent that was here was really a Terravon, Triggon has been holding a grudge against the Terravons for thousands of years so when he saw that he took control to exact the vengeance he's wanted for so many years.”
 
Aile sweat-dropped at this summary of the events she had seen. “So that wasn't Vent…”
 
“No it wasn't.”
 
Aile collapsed…
 
I had carried Aile to the infirmary on the air ship, while I was in there I heard a conversation about the attack on the airship.
 
“I cant believe Vent would attack his friends, he hit the engines hard there leaking energy all over the place, if I don't get down there soon we'll be falling out of the sky.”
 
“Oh no you don't! You're not leaving till I get you bandaged up!”
 
“How does the engine work?” I asked the man
 
“It uses an Energy conversion system to dray power from a large energy crystal.” He looked at me, “Why?”
 
“I can fix it, or at least keep it running long enough to land.” I said as I stood up.
 
“Wait! I'm the only one who can fix that engine!”
 
“I can do it too.” I said as the door closed behind me.
 
There was a computer linked to a platform nearby, when I touched it I downloaded the ships designs and was shuttled to the lowest floor, the one with smoke as thick as an ocean. I slowly moved through the smoke and found another door that was half open. When I walked in the smoke cleared and I was able to see a large crystal that was glowing faintly. I walked toward the crystal and it cracked. I felt the entire airship begin to pick up speed toward the ground, I heard screams, and my mind kicked into overdrive. I leaped forward and pulled the crystal from it's place and put my hand where it had been, I felt energy being drained from my body. The ship began to slow and the man from the infirmary walked in.
 
“What are you doing?” He asked just looking at me.
 
“Get them to land this thing! NOW!!!”
 
He ran back toward the front of the ship. And I felt us descend once again slowly. The man came in again.
 
“We're landing. Now will you tell me what you're doing?”
 
“I'm supplying the ship with energy! What does it look like I'm doing?”
 
The ship shuttered as we set down. I fell, pulling my hand out of the core, the entire ship went silent as I lost conciseness
 
Chapter 11.6.1: Trickery
Point of View Orion
 
Something seems wrong…
 
I woke up floating in a tank of blue liquid. I could only see the blurry outline of people moving around outside of the tube. Someone pressed a button that made the tube drain and open. They were standing in front of the tube.
 
“Come on we need to go now.”
 
“Where am I?”
 
“Aile sent you here, you're in Reploid Laboratories, we've been trying t revive you for the past week. Our cover has been blown and we needed to move you. How's your memory?”
 
“A little fuzzy, but I'll be fine.”
 
“Good then we need to leave now.” They began to run out of the room. I followed them as closely as I could. There was a large boom behind us. “Their here!” I looked behind me and saw Vent charging toward me. “He's a Terravon!” With that little bit of information I grabbed Vent by the head and threw him back down the hallway. I turned back and continued to run with the scientists, “Thanks for that.” we rounded the corner and continued to run, “Just a little farther.”
 
Vent blasted through the wall ten meters in front of us, “You're not getting any farther!”
 
“Just get out of our way!” I yelled as I dashed toward him with a sword drawn. I stabbed Vent hard enough that I could see the other side of my blade come out his back, it was red with blood I lowered him to the ground slowly.
 
“We need to keep moving.”
 
I held the sword at the man's neck, “This is the real Vent, you lied to me didn't you.”
 
The man snickered, “You're right we did lie to you. Too bad it had to end this way, he would be so enthused to meet you.”
 
I wasn't listening to the man I was trying to seal the wound I had given Vent. Doing the equivalent of sewing him back together. When I was done Vent looked like nothing had happened on the outside and the inside. The man was gone when I turned to look at him. I set my sword down next to the unconscious Vent and sprinted off.
 
I stopped once I was outside to see the Airship hovering above me. Flew away from it and the laboratory. I only stopped when I was literally an ocean away. I sat in a crater, sulking.
 
“Orion...” a voice called out of nowhere.
 
“Whose there?”
 
“My name is Albert. Please come this way…”
 
I followed Albert's voice, “Where are you?”
 
“You'll see soon.” A mist began to come out of nowhere, just like his voice.
 
“What do you want?” I yelled.
 
“There's no need to yell, I mearly require your help.” I looked and saw a large, white, monolith in front of me. “I'm trapped inside I need your help to get out.”
 
“Sure I'll help you out.” I said as I walked into the object.
 
“Thank you Orion, you're the first to show any regard for me in a long time.” He said.
 
“I went through the same kind of thing a little wile ago.”
 
“Go to the right you'll see a door, if you can pry it open.” I did as he said and pried the door open, the room had a single large tube in it. A figure inside the tube pointed to a panel across the room. I walked over and pressed the button labeled OPEN. The tube drained and I could see the figure inside was mechanical. When the tube opened the figure stepped out, “Thank you Orion. Could I ask you to…not talk about me for a wile, some people really don't like me.”
 
“Sure, may I ask what this place is?”
 
“This used to be a ship called Ouroboros”
 
“Symbolizing infinity?”
 
“Very good it does, but I did something wrong last time I tried to use this ship.” Albert walked deeper into the ship, “You'll be seeing me soon, my friend.”
 
/Model W added__
 
I left the ship and...
 
Chapter 11.6.15: It's Our Fight Now!
Point of View Grey
 
I wish that I could understand what is going on, but I don't have time to ponder…
 
“Then Orion attacked me, that's all I remember.” Vent said sitting up.
 
“They did have him for over a week Vent, he may not have been in control.” Aile said.
 
“Or he may not have known better.”
 
“What?” The two said looking at me.
 
“Didn't one of them say you were something?”
 
“One of the scientists said that I was a Terravon…”
 
Aile looked at Vent, “That's why he attacked you! The Terravons are something that part of Orion has a grudge with. One that looked like you almost killed me, so what they said reenforced what he was thinking.”
 
“But, why am I fine then?”
 
A man walked into the room, “I think I can offer a reason Vent.”
 
“OK, just don't listen in on our talks again.”
 
“When we were sinking before they came and got him, he was what was powering the ship, maybe his powers run deeper than that, much deeper.”
 
“So Orion's some kind of overpowered MegaMan, we need to find him soon, before our mystery man finds him and convinces us we're the bad guys.”
 
Ashe burst into the room, “We have other problems, Ouroboros is moving again.”
 
“But we killed Albert.” I said gaping
 
“The bad guy never dies.” Vent sighed.
 
Aile walked out of the room. About a minute later her voice echoed through the base, “Guardians prepare to engage the Ouroboros again, we have a little house cleaning to do.”
 
The ship began to move again. I ran out the door and started toward the bridge I arrived to see a number of small specks converging on the same ring shaped snake we had blown up almost a year ago.
 
“Ma'am the Ouroboros is pinging us.”
 
“Let's listen to what its saying.”
 
“To the Guardians, this is Albert, I call a truce for now.”
 
“Why should we trust you, Albert?”
 
“Because if you don't you'll regret it very soon. You've already crippled Ouroboros's weapons beyond repair and I have no power left to fight, but the threat isn't me it's your friend Orion.”
 
“Orion you know him?”
 
“He's the one who freed me, but in doing that he has condemned himself to Model W's will, he copied it and added it to himself, knowingly or not.”
 
“Go on.”
 
“His power was already great but now that he has Model W, what I was going to do looks like a broken finger to what he could do.”
 
“What you're saying is that you need our help to stop Orion.”
 
“No, I'm saying you need my help to stop him.”
 
“I'm afraid I'm not buying it Albert.”
 
“Take a look at Zarana, or more exactly what's left of it.”
 
“What's it look like?”
 
“You'll have to look for yourself.”
 
The line dropped dead. “Get us to Zarana.”
 
Point of View change to Orion
 
I opened my eyes to see a face looming over me; mine, and I was smiling back, “You didn't even put up a fight when I took you over, and you're so powerful. It's a pity power is wasted on the weak.” He was walking away, “I don't need you.”
 
 
/Omegastyle intact__
/Energy state transfer complete__
/90% power lost in transfer__
/Booting recovery systems__
 
 
He was gone leaving only me in this dark place. I looked around and realized that I was in a crater.
 
“This is on your head remember that.”
 
I heard the engine of an Airship above me…
 
Point of View change to Grey
 
“There was a city here, now it's a crater.”
 
“Ma'am the Ouroboros is pinging us again.”
 
“Let him through.”
 
“Well.”
 
“I believe you, but I'm not going to trust you.”
 
“I didn't ask for that.”
 
I looked out over the crater and saw a small figure running away from the airship. “Aile, look there.”
 
She looked, “Take a glider down. Pick that person up.”
 
“Got it.” I said walking off the bridge.
 
Time change?
 
The figure had ran into the forest on the outskirts of what used to be a town. I followed it in yelling at the person, “Wait I'm here to help!”
 
The figure stopped in a clearing. It was Orion, “It's too late to help me…” He vanished.
 
“Orion wait!” I ran to where he had been.
 
“When I return, I'll be what you call a God.”
 
I searched for him, but Model A stopped me, “That wasn't a person, that's what you call a Soul, Orion lost that when he merged with Model W. I feel sorry for the boy.”
 
I walked back to the glider and rode it back to the Guardian Base in silence. When I got there Vent was waiting for me, “What ever Orion does from this point isn't on his shoulders, it's on Model W's.” I said as I shoved past him.
 
“What?”
 
“Orion's Soul is dead, all that's left is a body that Model W can use.” I yelled.
 
“What's gotten into you?”
 
I looked back at Vent, “I don't know, I feel like… well, when I was called a defective for the first time, angry and useless.”
 
“I guess I don't understand, but I'll drop it for now.”
 
I walked to the flight deck to set my mind back in order. As I stood there Ashe walked out and stood next to me, “You're taking this hard, why?”
 
“I don't really know, but its like someone pulled something the wrong way. Orion felt like family to me when he stepped off the Train with Aile.” I sighed.
 
“T' tell the truth that's how I felt too.”
 
“He said he'd be back.”
 
“I hope you're right, there's so much to ask him.”
 
We stood in silence and watched the sun set and the stars appear
 
Chapter 11.6.2: Armageddon's Wraith
Point of View Grey
 
One white beam means another ten-thousand are dead…
 
I still stood on the flight deck and watched the sun rise. Aile walked out and stood next to me, “Have you been out here all night?”
 
“Yes, I have been, it's relaxing to just look at the stars.” I said as the sun peeked over the horizon.
 
“You should really get some sleep.”
 
“Ashe told me that when she left. Right now this is all that's keeping me sane.”
 
“How long was she out here with you?”
 
“Almost four hours, we just talked.” I said putting my hands in my pockets.
 
“You all right?”
 
“I'm not sure, really.” I walked past her, “I'm not sure.”
 
Model A asked, “How's a little trip sound to you, Grey?”
 
“Not now. Maybe later, but not now.”
 
“All guardians, there has been another attack by Model W, this time it was Hunter Camp. We are on-rout.”
 
I turned around and looked toward Hunter Camp. There was smote rising from it. I felt a rage build up inside me. “Model A, we're going down.”
 
“How? We're almost a mile above the ground,”
 
“You still got Model H in A-Trans?”
 
“Ya… wait you're not thinking about.”
 
“Exactly!”
 
I A-Transed onto Model H and took off toward the smoke.”
 
Time change +5.73 minutes
 
I ran into the camp changing back into Model A to see one figure standing over a mass of bodies, Orion, no, Model W. It looked at me with its glowing red eyes, I froze as it looked at me. “You no good ass, give Orion his body back!”
 
“I can't do that, not till I've killed everything on this pitiful rock. In Armageddon's wraith, my wraith!”
 
He ran at me pulling a sword out from his side, I franticly searched for a way to escape.
 
“Over here.” A voice called from my right. I jumped out of the way.
 
“I don't have time for this. You'll go up with everything else here.” I turned around to see him jump out of sight. Then moments later I heard him faintly yell, “Armageddon Blast!”
 
A fine black line hit where he had been. I figured that it was not good for anyones health and ran away from it. The very air around be began to roar past me back toward the beam. I ran as hard as I could but never got more than ten feet from it. I began to lose ground and was dragged back toward the thing. Then the noise stopped, I turned around and saw a sphere of light, I took a step toward it. Then I turned around and ran as fast as I could away from it. A low rumble came from the white sphere as it enlarged, engulfing everything in its way. I ran faster than I ever had, but when I felt heat on my back I knew that I was dead.
 
Don't you dare think that way! A voice growled
 
I picked up speed, a lot of it, and out paced the sphere. Until I stumbled and fell, I watched as the sphere continued to expand. I closed my eyes just before it reached me. When I did not feel the searing pain I was expecting I opened my eyes. Orion was holding a bubble around a small bit of the sphere, glowing, and almost growling in pain. His head was pointing down and I could easily see his teeth, he opened his eyes and yelled at me, “Run!” the bubble began to crack
 
I shook out of my trance as I stood up and ran as hard as I could. Once the rumbling stopped I looked at the camp again. The sphere was collapsing leaving only charred ground behind, then the sphere reached its smallest point, it blew outwards in a mushroom cloud that destroyed anything the sphere didn't, it tossed me like a rag doll. I hit my leg hard, heard a snap, and watched the world go dark as I continued to tumble…