MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ A Robot's Soul ❯ Chapter Three: Unexpected Surprise ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Konnichiwa everyone, here is the next chapter to this series. If you want to know I wrote the first three chapters before even putting the first up.

A Robots Soul

By Firehedgehog

Chapter Three: Unexpected Surprise

      Henry was led through halls lined with metal, in his opinion the mad scientist needed a new decorator. If Kazu had been there: the other Tamer would have been saying wise cracks. He sighed at the thought of his friends.

      Finally they came to a large door with a Large W imprinted on it, his eyebrows rose slightly when they opened with a just a touch.

      "Woah," he said in surprise, he found himself now in the most advanced lab he had ever seen. He had seen plenty since De-reaper, Yamaki and the monster makers had brought the Tamers that could Bio-merge to labs.

      They had checked to make sure there had been no side effects, other then stronger bonds with their partners there were none.

      "Welcome Henry Wong, to my Domain," Wily said, Henry blinked and hoped that whatever would happen to him it wouldn't hurt.

***

      Protoman yawned and blinked his eyes sleepily; he sleepily wondered why DR. Wily had given him the ability to yawn as he got up. Another mystery of the universe in his opinion, stretching he sat up.

      Still not quite up he walked across the room to his dresser, on it rested his helmet and above it a-small silver mirror. Looking at it he frowned, his brown hair was a mess.

      He knew that no one could see his hair when he wore his helmet, but his time as Takato and his mother saying brush his hair stayed with him to this day.

      "Stupid hair," he grumbled, he glared at his reflection with red eyes. He then sighed knowing the truth, the hair was fake; he was fake, he could look human but he was a robot with circuits, metal wires and a whole bunch of other things.

      He shook his head pushing those depressing thoughts away; then humming he started brushing his brown hair into a semblance or order... but like his time as Takato it was still messy.

      'Better see what Wily has planned for today' Protoman thought slipping his helmet on; he felt a click and knew that it was safely on.

      'I also have to find out what he has planned for Henry' he thought frowning, as he adjusted his scarf around his neck he managed to put his facial expression to its usual mode.

      "And now onto my usual boring day," he muttered, if he was lucky he would get a chance to slip out to his favorite private spot.

***

      Dr. light clicked away at his computer a frown on his usually happy face, he had found out many things about Henry Wong... but there was something he hadn't expected.

      He had a link to Dr. Wily, but not one he had expected.

      Takato Matsuki, mother Mie Matsuki, who's father was no other then DR. Wily. That was the connection, but the boy and his mother had died years ago, so what would the mad scientist want with Henry.

      'This can't be good, Megaman has to get Henry out of there as soon as he can' Dr. Light thought frowning, he sighed as he looked over the picture of Takato... a child who would never get the chance to grow up.

      "Such a sad, sad fate to die so young," he said softly, sometimes reality could be so cruel... it also gave the date of death. About the same time Dr. Wily went nuts on trying to take over the world.

      'Funny, it was soon after that Protoman showed up' he thought, he then shrugged at that thought. He then turned off the computer; he had to ask Terriermon if he had known anything about this.

***

      Protoman hummed silently to himself as he walked trough the halls, he often did this since the other robots were usually being repaired... like they were at the moment.

      It was in his opinion that the other robots spent most of their time being repaired, maybe that was one of the reasons they were so stupid.

      'Nah, they were created stupid' he thought with a smirk, it was at that moment he entered Dr. Wily's main lab.

      He flinched, thankfully his reaction, was hidden by his helmet. The reason of this reaction, standing there was Henry and his grandfather.

      "Yo Doc, anything you need me to do today," he sneered, he watched as his grandfathers eyes darkened slightly... he knew he got the old man angry for he did it on purpose.

      "I want you to guard the prisoner here while I finish another project," his creator said, Protoman blinked.

      'What the hell, why did we kidnap Henry if I was just going to guard him' Protoman thought a bit angry.

      "Whatever," he said in a voice that said he didn't care, in fact he did care... he wanted Henry to a safe place fast.

      "Good, I'll be gone for three hours," Wily said, and then he left the room leaving Henry looking at the red and gray robot unhappily.

      'Great, just great. This just isn't my day' he thought, he only hoped nothing else would happen this day.

***

      'This is fun' Henry thought, since Protoman had come he had done nothing but sit at a desk with nothing on it. He was sure the robot was enjoying giving him the silent treatment, and the robots unemotional face was giving away nothing.

      'Do something please, we've said nothing for the last hour' he thought, he was contemplating even banging his head on the desk just for something to do. But he quickly decided to ignore that idea, after all it would hurt.

      "Any chance there are computer games on the computers?" the asked Protoman hopefully, to his surprise Protoman turned and looked in his direction.

      "Theirs a gameboy advance SP in the desk and a couple games also," Protoman said calmly, Henry blinked... he hadn't expected an answer at all.

      Quickly he opened the desk and sighed in relief, there were good games here... but he did wonder who played them.

      "Thanks," he said politely.

      "..." Protoman said; it might have been Henry's imagination but he could of sworn Protoman's mouth twitched into a small smile briefly.

      Soon he was totally engulfed into the game, it was that or boredom or worse... wondering why Wily needed him.

***

      "No, you'll get hit if you go there," a voice said, Henry quickly moved in the game avoiding a trap.

      "Theirs a hidden door right there," the voice said a little while later, Henry nodded and moved accordingly.

      Henry was so engulfed in the game that he hadn't realized certain things. One, Protoman had moved till he stood right behind him, and two... Protoman was the one giving him all the great tips.

      "Damn..." Henry said as he died suddenly, with a sigh he turned off the game and looked up briefly.

      He quickly sweatdropped, standing there hovering with a small frown was Protoman.

      "Err..." he said, Protoman seemed to realize Henry had seen him for he returned to his normal behavior.

      It was then that something came to the tamers attention, it was something that Protoman had always worn even on the news... but he had never gotten a good look at it.

      A yellow scarf...

      One he knew all too well...

      The scarf he had made and given to Takato on that fateful day...

      "Where did you get that scarf?" he asked in a soft voice, he truly hoped Protoman hadn't stolen it.

      "Ebay," Protoman said, Henry knew an evasion when he saw one... he had seen it too many times with Suzy.

      "Nice try but it won't work Protoman, where did you get that scarf. I made it for a dear friend years ago and he died the same day he got it, where did you get it!" Henry said coldly, to his surprise a small smile came to Protomans face.

      "I didn't steal it if that's what your asking," Protoman said simply, Henry continued to glare.

      "Then how did you get it," Henry said.

      "Because its mine," Protoman said in a very soft voice, it was at that moment Henry felt something... he knew this person... he had known this person very well years ago.

      "Takato," he whispered hopefully, Protoman smiled softly.

      "Never could fool you for long," the robot whispered, he then reached off and pulled off his helmet with a click.

      Crimson eyes and messy brown hair was revealed, Henry found himself looking into a very familiar face.

      And anger came over him.

      "You idiot, why didn't you tell us you were alive," he cried, Protoman looked away his eyes distant.

      "Because I did die," he whispered sadly, this took Henry back.

      "Wha... what do you mean," he asked startled, to his surprise Protoman took his hand and placed it over where the heart would be... no heartbeat met his hand.

      "I died yes, but DR. Wily transferred me into this body just before my real body died Henry. I wanted to tell you but he programmed me not to let my past slip out, mind you if someone found out I could tell... a loophole of sorts," Protoman said softly.

      "But why are you doing all these horrible things?" he asked softly, a terrible grief came over the rd eyed robots face.

      "Because I'm programmed to obey Dr. Wily, and I can't break the program myself... I just wish I could leave. You don't know how much I wished this would end, I never wanted to be brought back to hurt people," Protoman whispered, another thought came to henry.

      "Takato... I can call you Takato right?" he asked, Protoman looked thoughtful.

      "I guess when no one is about, but the rest of the time it would be best to call me Protoman," Protoman said, Henry nodded knowing t was best not to confuse things like calling Protoman Takato in front of others.

      "Why did he save you, it doesn't seem to be in Wily's way of doing things?" he asked, a terrible grief fell over Takato.

      "Dr. Wily is my grandfather," Takato said, Henry blinked.

      "Oh..." he said, bow this was even weirder.

***

      In another laboratory in his fortress, Dr. Wily watched the interaction between robot and human through cameras. A small smile made it to his face.

      "So it has begun," he whispered; a few tears actually trickled down his wrinkled old face.

      "Soon my grandson will be freed, and he can be happy again," he whispered, gently he whipped away his tears.

      Serious now he turned to a design on his computer, it was a device that would allow Protoman to switch between his normal armored look and looking completely human.

      This would be his final gift to his grandson, this way he would be able to fit in with the human population. This design would also give Protoman the ability to eat and convert food and drinks into energy to support himself, this way he didn't have to keep using sleep mode to regain his energy.

      "Phase one complete, phase two has begun... now what should I call this phase," Wily said thoughtfully.

      "Ah yes, Program hack," he said with a slight smirk.

      This was one of the reasons he had chosen his grandson friend Henry; the blue haired boy was a great hacker.

      "Let it begin," he whispered, but he hoped Megaman wouldn't be too disappointed that Protoman wouldn't be around to fight him anymore.

<><><TBC><><>

FH: Tah duh, chapter three is here and four has been started. Writing this fic has been hard, especially since I'm working in a very weird series.

R.Calumon: Anyway se you around, hope you like this series and the future chapters. By the way, Takato will not become human again... remember this series is called 'A Robots Soul'.

Ja Ne