MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Digimon Souls ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

This is a co-written fic, the fics converging are `A Robot's Soul' and `Digital souls'. I hope you enjoy this, especially since both have huge fan followings. Before you read it, read chapter Thirteen of `a robots soul' where the side story takes place.
 
Digimon Souls
By Wanderer D and Firehedgehog
 
Chapter 2
 
Dr. Light was working on something as the group arrived, Rock hadn't seen Roll so he guessed she was on some type of errand. Probably to buy milk, Takato had a tendency to drink all the milk at all meals.
 
“Dr. Light?” he questioned, he didn't just go up to the man. His creator could be a nervous man during projects, and the group he had brought with him would be a surprise.
 
“Rock… yes... what is it?” Light asked looking up; the man blinked his eyes showing eh had probably been looking at the computer screen already for hours.
 
“Well... we went to stop the riot… well that's over with… but,” Rock said, he trailed off… how could he say this.
 
“We found one of the reasons there was a flux in time and space,” Takato said in a no nonsense voice, getting it over with at least.
 
“That's great, where are they?” Light asked with excitement, Rock sweatdropped at the man's excitement. But, he supposed it wasn't often you got to meet people from other times.
 
“You guys can come in now,” Takato called dryly, at that moment Matt, Jesse and their partners walked into the Lab.
 
Matt took a look around the lab. It was not what he expected from the famous Dr. Light... it was a mess. Well, geniuses were eccentric at the best times, according to Gennai, and boy, was HE eccentric. In front of him, chubby, white bearded, in a lab coat and very much alive was a man he had met a couple of times in an alternate future shaped by wars between robots, Reploids and humans. Only, then it had been a hologram, not the real deal.
 
"Dr. Light." Matt said, a little subdued and shaking the surprised man's hand. "It is an honor to meet you in person, sir." he said. "My name is Matt, also known as Zero." he smiled sardonically. "I was created and trapped by Dr. Wily with the purpose of destroying Megaman... and..." he bent forward to whisper in the man's ear. "...X."
 
He smiled in a more honest way. "Fortunately for all of us, he miscalculated the power of the heart." he motioned towards Jessie and the Digimon. "This is Jessie, or Black Peregrine, a combat Reploid who joined the battle against those that would destroy the humans and peaceful Reploids. This is Gabumon, my Digimon Partner, and this is Robinmon, Jessie's partner in training."
 
Lights eyes lit up slightly before going back to normal, a smile came to his face.
 
“I see, so your group is from the future... amazing… I wonder how many of my projects I completed,” Light said in amazement. Takato meanwhile narrowed his eyes. He knew he had missed something in the conversation between Light and Matt.
 
`I wonder, he said future… could Matt know something of Lights future… and Matt had actually said truthfully that his body had been created by Wily… so much about there beginnings were the same.
 
“Your welcome to stay at my place Matt, please make yourselves at home while we discuss the time/space flux… you can stay in the guests rooms,” Light finally said.
 
`Yeah' Takato thought sarcastically.
 
Matt smiled, and noted Takato's sour mood. "Well, we'll accept a cup of coffee, Dr. Light, but we can always get a place nearby. We don't want to impose on your hospitality." He smirked at the robot.
 
Gabumon looked up. "But, Matt, you said..." the boy quickly covered his friend's mouth with his hand, smiling sheepishly "I was just joking, Gabumon. We cannot just drop from the multiverse into the good Dr. Light's home and abuse his kindness."
Jessie smirked. "Quite the sudden change of attitude, Matt. Why is that?" she asked, elbowing him.
Matt blushed. "Okay, okay, so I was joking earlier? Give me a break."
 
If glares could have killed, Matt would have been dead ten times in less then ten seconds. Takato stopped his glare and smiled, yes… no freeloaders.
 
“That's not a bad idea, and I know theirs a nice hotel nearby… also a nice apartment rented by monthly lease if you want to stay there… both affordable and very nice,” Takato said cheerfully, sending the word `hint hint' with his eyes to Matt. And he was actually telling the truth.
 
Once he had been free of Wily and repaired at Lights he had looked around for a place before Rock had gotten him to agree (more like blackmailed him with the puppy dog eyes attack) to stay.
 
Matt just smiled and shook his head, more than half tempted to give Protoman “the finger.” "Heh, we'll see. For now, maybe we should talk." he turned to Dr. Light. "The reason we're here is that we detected changes in the space/time flux in this area of the Digital World Servers. Since we have had trouble before with that, we decided to check, but we haven't found anything yet."
 
Takato sighed, this didn't sound good.
 
“I know someone you can talk to about the Digital World southern server with, the problem is he won't be available till tomorrow. Meetings you know, but I can arrange something… he's the best to talk to it about… Light… he doesn't know much about Digimon to tell the truth,” Takato replied frowning.
 
“I'm afraid Takato is right, your best bet is to go to his friend,” Light said with a sigh.
 
Matt nodded. "Maybe. But the trail led to this world, not the Digital World... and after meeting you guys..."
"We think that it might be someone from the future coming back..." Jessie said. "It has happened before and it wasn't good."
 
"Dr. Cain," Matt said. "A Reploid scientist from our future, made a calculation based on the time relativity between the Digital World and the future timeline and figured that it was from about the same point in time we were back home, only in this continuum."
"And he didn't need to stop to breathe..." Gabumon whispered in awe to Robinmon.
 
“Hmm... interesting… would you mind if I record our conversation for future references?” Light asked, Zero shrugged and light started recording the conversation.
 
“You guys keep talking. I'm heading for bed and a nice long recharge… I have plans tomorrow.” Takato said, with that he left the room whistling a dark tune.
 
---
After Takato left, Matt took out a small data crystal and handed it to Dr. Light. “This contains the details for our mission, along with the data Dr. Cain compiled about the current situation.”
 
Dr. Light nodded and took the data crystal, walking up to a machine and placing it there. After a few moments, a few laser beams crisscrossed the crystal and the information started appearing on the monitor.
 
Jessie stared curiously at the machine. “Look, Matt! It's one of those ancient data processing units we saw in the museum!” she exclaimed happily. “I never thought I would see one at work!”
 
Matt smiled sheepishly as he saw Dr. Light cringe at the allusion that his technology wasn't not only up to date, but above it.
 
As Gabumon and a less interested Robinmon walked up to the machine to look at it closer, Matt took the opportunity to calm the good Doctor. “Listen guys, remember that we are more than one hundred years in the past. The technology here is years ahead of what most advanced labs have.” From the corner of his eyes he saw Light relax.
 
“But, Matt,” Gabumon said. “Don't you have a pocket data-crystal reader?”
When he saw the good Doctor slump, Matt decided to change topics. Walking up to the monitor, he pointed at the dates and times. “As you can see, Dr, Light, if what we detected is true…”
 
Megaman walked up to them and tried to see what was so important.
 
Doctor Light considered the data on the monitor. “Hmm. So the first space-time aberration happened a week ago.”
 
Matt nodded. “Yes, it wasn't strong enough to send a person or group to the past, but it might have allowed a probe of some kind to get through.”
 
“So, whoever it is that arrived here already had some information about what was happening here and who the mayor players are.” Jessie pointed out.
 
“We still have to find out who crossed, and that will have to wait.” Dr. Light said. “In the meantime, can I see your pocket data-crystal reader?”
 
As Dr. Light looked expectantly at them, Matt remembered something. “Dr, Megaman suffered a little damage during the battle, maybe you should check him while we talk about certain details…”
 
Light nodded, arching an eyebrow, but quickly catching on that Matt didn't want Megaman to know something.
 
“Yes… Rock, why don't you go into stasis so I can check you?” Dr. Light said after a slight hesitation.
 
---

Takato came out his recharge/sleep cycle slowly, his awareness of the world returned quickly. He opened his crimson eyes and sighed, today was not one he looked forward too… never this day.
 
“It always seems to come faster every year,” he whispered, in fact this day marked six years… six years since then.
 
Feeling depressed the robotic teen slipped out of bed and changed into a different set of clothing, also ones different from his usual. He wore a black loose sweatshirt, black jeans, faded brown sneakers and black gloves with little red hazard symbols on them.
 
At that moment the drum of rain on the roof caught his attention, he looked out his window and sighed, for rain fell heavily outside.
 
“Even the weather seems to sense my sadness,” he whispered, with that he pulled on a water proof coat, grabbed an umbrella and slipped out the door.
 
In the end, despite much of Matt and Jessie's complaints, they had fallen to Rock's unexpected puppy-eye attack. The fact that he had applied it to the Digimon first and then all three of them, PLUS the dog had gone into a battle of emotional blackmail against their reluctant comrades had only proven that there was only so much even a Maverick Hunter could fight against.
 
Heck, the onslaught hadn't even lasted more than a minute when even Dr. Light started to show signs of joining the effort. And so, Jessie and Matt had stayed in Dr. Light's home in different beds, much to Matt's annoyance and much to Roll's happiness, since she had spent the night gossiping with Jessie. Of what, he didn't know. And didn't want to know. He had put up with the giggling and that was enough information for him.
 
He had woken up early with the first drops of rain on the rooftop and had remembered with a sudden nostalgic rush of memories the time when he and his younger brother, T.K. had lived together with both their parents.
 
T.K. always cried when a storm started, afraid of the lightning and it was always a scared but defiant Matt's responsibility to deal with the situation and calm T.K. down. Shrugging the sleep off and stretching he had gone down to the kitchen to get some coffee when he had heard someone else walking down the stairs.
 
He studied Takato as the boy went towards the door, grabbed an umbrella and walked out. He was so deep in his own thoughts that he had missed Matt standing there in plain view.
 
And if Matt had learnt something about that boy was that he would make a great Maverick Hunter (with a few upgrades he had suggested to Dr. Light) and that kind of people normally would have noticed anyone in their immediate area. A little more than curious, Matt activated his black armor, which was more suited to shadowing the other robot in the already gloomy morning and quickly ran after him.
 
Zero watched Takato as he waited for the bus from the top of a building. When the younger boy had stepped in, he had followed the bus easily enough by jumping from building to building, even doing mid-air dashes when the situation required. In the mean time he was trying to figure out where his new friend was going. When the bus stopped and Takato walked out he found his answer.
 
Zero slipped into the graveyard silent as a ghost and crouched behind an old statue between some trees, from where he could see Takato standing in front of some graves. His enhanced sigh was able to make out the names and he suddenly realized that he was intruding in a very personal moment. Sighing, he was about to retreat when he noticed someone approaching.
 
Takato looked up with a start as he heard footsteps coming his way, he turned to see a very familiar figure. Standing without guards or weapons of any kind was Wily, the old man looked him sadly.
 
“I thought I'd see you here Takato, you always come here on this day,” Wily said softly, different from his normal voice... this was a voice he had spoken to Takato with as a small child.
 
“Usually you don't come till later on to visit them, I thought if I came this early I wouldn't run into you,” Takato whispered, he turned back to the graves and stared silently. Wily slowly walked over to the graves; and placed his mother's favorite flowers on them, he then stood by Takato.
 
“Your mother Mai would have been proud of you Takato, she was a wonderful person all her life.. it hurt when she grew up and moved away,” Wily told him, Takato stayed silent.. he missed his mother so much.
 
“Will you ever forgive me, forgive an old man who was afraid to loose his last bit of family and would do anything to keep them close?” Wily asked softly, and Takato knew his grandfather was telling the truth.
 
“Maybe one day, but not for quite awhile… maybe in the future,” Takato told his grandfather.
 
Zero stared. He had activated his hearing sensors the moment he had recognized the figure walking up to Takato. Wily! He had heard what the old man told Takato, but it was taking every inch of his self control not to rush out and gut the bastard right then and there. The statue's left foot was slowly becoming dust as he tried in vain to hold his anger in check.
 
Only one thing stopped him from taking action. His sensors, now active and scanning had noticed another figure, this one hidden on the top of the trees. When his scanners told him the unknown was moving, he had already seen the attack coming from above the two unsuspecting victims in the form of silver-blue armor and fire.
 
With a yell, Zero dashed out, a shining black blur accompanied by a hum and frozen particles of water as he activated the best weapon he had against fire. He jumped over the surprised Takato and de slower reacting Wily and ice and fire clashed just above them in a shower of energy that threw them both to the ground.
 
Zero couldn't see his opponent through the glow of his sword being held back by another similar weapon. Sparks of blue and red flew around both combatants as they slashed away and landed a few feet from each other, just next to the stunned would-be victims. Zero couldn't believe his eyes. Standing in front of him, glowering and menacing in an unfocused rage was himself, only in a blue and silver armor that reminded him of X...
---
 
Takato had to be seeing things, two Zero's.
 
He watched as the traded blows at amazing speeds, speeds he could barely match. He did wonder what the hell Matt was doing here at the graveyard, after all no one knew he had come here.
 
That meant… oh no…Matt had followed him.
 
`That meant Matt heard me talking to gramps; he must realize were related. And from what I know, he hates Wily… will he hate me too!' Takato thought with a wince.
 
He shook his head bringing his back to reality, now that he wasn't lost on certain thoughts he noticed certain things… like the fact the other Zero was blue and silver… different then the Zero he was familiar with.
 
“Zero… who the hell is that!” Takato shouted to the fighting duo… hopefully this would be easily taken care of.

The Digidestined-turned-Reploid barely registered Takato's voice, but the same question the younger robot had asked burned in his mind... who is that?? Immediately he made the connection, although he didn't really want to think of the two possible out comes for the appearance and attitude of his counterpart.
"What happened to X?" He growled at the other Zero.
 
The blue and silver armored Reploid stopped and grinned, dropping his guard an inch. "I finished him off!" he declared. "I absorbed his data and power! I fulfilled my mission and destroyed them all!"
 
Takato meanwhile was bewildered, X... who the hell was X.
 
But the evil version looking of Zero gave him the creeps, and that was saying a lot for himself. Looking at the two, it was like watching a demented mirror attack itself.
 
Wily… I think we better get out of here,” Takato said, at that moment a strike by the evil Zero caused a tree to fall over… after being sliced in two.
 
I agree,” Wily said, quickly the two began to retreat from the weirdest battle ever.
 
The evil Zero looked at the retreating figures and his eyes turned red. "You will not escape!" he shouted, dashing at the pair.
 
He was body slammed into another tree by Zero, who looked over his shoulder at the pair. "Go!" he yelled. "I'll take care of him!"
 
He didn't know this earth's X.... but the guy back home was his brother as much as T.K. "Why did you kill him?!"
 
The evil Reploid started pushing Zero back, despite his best efforts. "Because... He wouldn't fight! He let Sigma destroy everything and would not fight because of his "principles" he was a wimp! A coward! I needed the extra power to defeat Sigma once and for all!"
 
Zero gritted his teeth and jumped back, doing a spiral and using his light saber two attack at the same time, his counterpart parried every single blow in an astonishing combination of moves, when they landed farther apart, Zero began to realize that he had to do something quick.
 
Meanwhile Takato had gotten far enough away that he was no longer in danger of being hit by the high paced battle, he looked at Wily his grandfather and sighed.
 
For once I believe this isn't your fault,” Takato said dryly, the old man just sighed.
 
Good luck Wily, I didn't want to fight on this day of days, yet I feel Zero will need my help against that evil version of himself,” Takato said, silver light briefly surrounded him as he changed into Protoman. He started to walk away, at that moment a hand was placed on his shoulder.
 
Startled he turned; of all people it was Wily.
 
Be careful,” Wily said, Protoman nodded and began to head for the battle.
 
Zero and his counterpart started another series of attacks, parries and counters. He dodged an overhead swing, slashing at his opponent's legs, but the crazed Reploid had already jumped and turned slashing horizontally, then letting his momentum carry him through another dash-improved low spin which Zero barely dodged in time and countered with an electric mid-air thrust. Evil Zero bent back, letting the crackling sword hover just over his chest for a millisecond before making a hand-sprint, forcing Zero to dodge to the side or be slammed. Snarling, Zero followed his thrust with a sudden one handed half-spin, took his sword in both hands and engaged a series of swings that would have left a lesser opponent armless in less than it took them to remember to breathe.
 
A side of him noticed Protoman had come back, but he didn't dare even spare him a glance, as Evil Zero replied in his own way, slashing in a very impressive spin that made him stumble back as the blue saber nicked his arm. Both stopped at that and his opponent smiled. "First blood goes to me."
 
Protoman swore silently as he saw Zero get hit, he glared at Mr. Demento as he called the evil Zero in his mind and wondered what he could do. He didn't know what the guy was after, but he had seemed mad when he had tried to leave with Wily… so it was either Wily or himself.
 
He activated his blaster and his left hand vanished as his blaster appeared, when he had first done this years ago he had been quite freaked out…in fact he had been hysterical. He shook himself out of those memories; he had a situation at his hands right now. He concentrated on the battle and let his combat programs over it, he grinned darkly (and many would say very scary) and shot,
 
The blast hit evil Zero squarely on his chest, it sent him hurtling back with a satisfying large dent in his front… he loved when he had it full power. He knew this would involve him in the battle, but hey… the guy had attacked Wily and himself without provocation.
 
As his opponent flew out of immediate slashing range, Zero sighed and shot a thankful glance at Protoman. "Thanks! But be careful! My Black Armor is much stronger than the normal one and he managed to nick it!"
 
He turned as his opponent stood up... and felt cold. Protoman's shot would have put a similar dent on his own armor if he had been shot at that range and without expecting it. What it wouldn't do was what the mad Zero's armor was doing. It had repaired itself completely.
 
Zero felt the hot air as Protoman let fly another impressive shot, hitting his counterpart on the chest, but this time only making him stumble back a little and with considerable less damage. "Huh-oh... Damn."
 
“Okay… he adapts… damn,” Protoman muttered, he really wished this wasn't happening. That was the same power as last time; it would start to get dangerous if he charged it past that point.
 
`All of a sudden, this guy reminds me of the Borg in that star trek series Dr. Light is addicted to… at least he isn't saying Resistance is Futile… yet' Protoman thought frowning, looks like if he wanted to help Zero with all his cool weapons from the future… he would have to take it up a notch.
 
With a grin he pulled his shield off his back, unknown to many… even Dr. Light…this shield had special abilities.. He just hadn't had a chance you use them yet. He pulled it in front of himself and connected to it with his main computer, moments later he started to activate his beam attack… oh… how he had drooled to use this over the years.
 
Seconds later the shields internal computer told him that it was powered up.
 
“Light beam lance!” he shouted aiming at evil Zero, as fast as light... well golden light burst from his shield and hit evil Zero. A huge cracking noise was heard as the evil Zero was flung into the distance, Protoman sighed… too bad that took all the shields power…it would take twelve hours to recharge.
 
Hopefully, there wouldn't be a reason it had to recharge.
 
Zero whistled and looked appreciatively at the shield. "Well, I must say I am impressed... with your shield." he smiled and looked at the horizon, where his counterpart had been flung. "We should get back to the others... he won't come back right now..."
 
Protoman sweatdropped at the remark, Zero just had to say something about it didn't he.
 
“Yeah I guess so,” Protoman sighed, he started walking away and let himself go back to his human looking self… his shield vanished with the armor. As he walked he did so hope Zero asked to try his shields abilities, he'd love to see his face when he found that only he could use it due to the fact it was made to use with him. And only him.
 
Zero, in the meantime had been re-living the battle in his mind over and over, from the computer's analysis, to the battle programs, to his own intuition and experience, adding, subtracting and gauging both, his opponent's and his ally's strength.
 
Protoman's shield weapon was impressive, but, it wouldn't be enough. His counterpart would regenerate and be much more resistant to attacks. He had already considered Protoman's "Light beam Lance" as probably one of Proto's last resorts, judging from the time it took to re-charge and that he hadn't used it in their own battle.
 
Engaged in his own thoughts, Zero hadn't noticed that they had walked out of the cemetery and were waiting for the bus. A normal boy and an armored battle-Reploid waiting for the bus, "But, what if..." Zero mumbled as he thought furiously. The Reploid had X's abilities added to his own, and that meant more trouble than he, Peregrine, Protoman and Megaman would be able to handle. X was... something else.
 
Only the fact that the X in this universe had decided not to fight, regardless of the outcome had allowed that Zero to kill him and absorb his power and capabilities. He sighed, brooding as the bus approached.
 
Takato sweatdropped as he watched Zero stay in deep thought mode, he really hoped he would snap out of it. He very much doubted eth bus driver would allow an armored robot onto it, especially after all Wily's lackey Robots caused lots of damage.
 
Even more damage then he had done under Wily's control.
 
“Um.. Zero… the bus is here… maybe you should go back to looking human before the humans start to notice,” Takato finally said.
 
"Hmm?" Zero asked, and then turned his left arm into a booster. "Busy, just point my gun in the right direction..." he mumbled.
 
Takato twitched.
 
And whapped Zero head, thankfully not hard enough to hurt his hand… but still super hard.. in fact Zero was forced forward a bit.
 
Stupid… snap out of it… the bus is almost here,” he growled in his dark Protoman voice, the one that scared a lot of people (many times Megaman) spitless.
 
"..." Zero looked up the street and noticed the bus. With a mental command he shifted back to civilian appearance, just in time, as the bus stopped and the driver DID open the doors. When they sat down on the back, he looked at Takato. "We are in deep, deep shit." he declared as the motors roared and the bus sped away.
 
Geeze, tell me something I don't know,” Takato said in a sarcastic voice, he knew his light beam lance attack wouldn't work as well next time…hmm... he wondered if eh could use the shields other abilities… when it recharged that is.
 
Matt shook his head. "No... you don't understand..." he sighed. "We have to talk to Dr. Light... and..." he looked at Takato straight in the eyes in an obvious 'I am not kidding' soldier look,. "We need allies. He's not going to face us by himself... and has enough knowledge to build his own Reploids. That rules out every army in the world at this point and," he smiled, "*most* of Wily's robots."
 
"If your friends can Digivolve into Megas... that would put them in the "threat" area and so, they would be able to help... Can you contact them?"
 
I can contact them, two as soon as we get back in fact... but... it will be harder to get hold of the others since I haven't been in touch with them in quite awhile,” Takato thought.
 
Rika and Henry would be easy to get in touch with, the other Tamers a little harder.. he knew they were still shocked to find him alive… in a way.
 
Matt nodded. "Good... then have them meet us at your place... Dr. Light and I will have a lot to explain before we start this battle... and there is one other thing that bothers me about this..." he looked at Takato. "You probably thought of this as well... who is the target?"
 
---
 
Takato sighed in relief as they got back to the lab, he stepped inside eagerly. Thankfully after the attack it had stopped raining, so they weren't too wet… too bad he had lost the umbrella somehow.
 
Were home,” Takato called as they walked in.
 
Immediately Matt walked up to Dr. Light who was just sipping his coffee. He whispered something to the man's ear and the good Dr. paled considerably. He immediately stood up and led the way to his lab. Matt motioned for Peregrine to follow the Doctor and turned to look at Takato. "I think you have someone to contact..." he noticed the look Takato was giving him.
 
"I promise you'll know everything... I... X is my brother, Takato... and Dr. Light knows a lot about him." he explained. "I won't hold any secrets from you... but we need the others here."
 
So you need the tamers, I'll go call them up… who else?” Takato asked curious.
 
Matt considered. "I..." he clenched his fist."... leave it up to you... you know your resources here much better than I could ever hope."
 
“Okay… I'm going to call `him' up first,” Takato said stressing the word him, seeing Matt's fist clenching even more he knew they knew what he was talking about this.
 
“Are you sure about this Takato, he might not be pleased… and I don't think he even has a phone,” Dr Light said, Takato grinned.
 
“He doesn't, while I might not have a remote radio he made us all carry… I do have something he gave me when he built me,” Takato said darkly, Light's face cleared in shock.
 
“I didn't know he built one in you, has it been shut down all this time?” Light asked.
 
“Yeah… I'm calling him up now,” Takato said, he closed his eyes and accessed the program… He felt the other side activate right away.
 
-What's up doc- Takato said….
 
Silence
 
-Stop calling me that, and this better be good- Wily growled over the line. Takato smirked evilly, everyone sweatdropped at the grin not knowing what the two were saying.
 
-Well… the world is getting taken over by evil clones and the queen clone wants you for her mate- Takato said in a serious voice, he snickered as the man sputtered in shock.
 
-TAKATO!!!!!!- Wily yelled.
 
-Whatever, anyway we need you hear…its about the robot that attacked us... guess what gramps... its from the future and wants to kill either you or I- Takato said in an overly cheerful voice.
 
-…-
 
-You have no sense of humor Wily- Takato said darkly.
 
-I'll be there noon tomorrow... tell Light I already know the way- Wily replied.
 
-Whatever- Takato replied… then Wily turned it off.
 
“Done, he'll be here tomorrow at noon,” he said still smirking.
 
Matt sighed. "Okay..." he turned to Light, "Dr. we need to talk."
 
---
“Doc…” Matt said, “The Reploid that we fought today… it was much more powerful than I told Takato.”
 
Dr. Light frowned. “How powerful?”
 
Matt sighed. “Well, to be honest I don't know the limits of his power. When I fought Takato I was holding back, because I was confident that I could take him if things got serious… but with this guy… I slowly upped the ante from a normal level up and he kept up with it… no problem.”
 
Jessie looked at him in surprise, but didn't say anything as Dr. Light sat down to think.
 
“This worries me.” Light said, “If what you say is true, then Takato's friends might not be enough to stop him.”
 
Matt nodded. “And I won't be able to call from back up… Dr… this thing absorbed X into it.”
Dr. Light gasped. “But how…”
 
“Apparently X decided not to fight, and he took advantage of that, absorbing his data and abilities like X and I learn them from our defeated enemies.” Matt explained.
 
“But, X is incredibly powerful!” Jessie interjected. “If he did that… how…”
 
Matt looked into Light's eyes. “I have an idea...”
 
As Matt explained, Dr. Light became very serious while Robinmon and Gabumon stared in disbelief at him. When he was finished, Jessie was the first to complain.
 
“No! That's too dangerous!” she said, grabbing Matt's arm as Dr. Light sulked.
 
“I know…” Matt admitted. “But it might be our only chance. We can use this as a last resort.” He said. “Please Doctor… you have to consider it… if things don't work out…”
 
Light sighed and nodded. “We will wait, to see if it is necessary.”
 
Matt smiled and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. “That's all I ask.”
 
Dr. Light nodded and Matt looked at the others. “Not a word of this comes out.”
 
Everyone nodded reluctantly. He was the leader, after all.
 
---
 
While the two spoke Takato headed to the phone, while he might have gotten hold of Wily... he still had had to contact the Tamers. Henry and Rika would be easy to find, the other tamers… well Rika would get them here.
 
That is, if the others valued there health.
 
Picking up the phone, he dialed Henry's number… he was glad that Henry had gotten a cell phone in the last week... too bad the reason his parents had gotten it was because of the kidnapping.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Hi Henry, its Takato,” Takato said.
 
“Is something wrong?” Henry asked, damn.. did his friend have a sixth sense towards these type of things.
 
“I guess you could say that, I need you and the other Tamers ASAP to Light's place… we have Trouble… and that's with a big `T' by the way,” Takato said, Henry sighed… in the background Takato could hear Terriermon's insistent chatter.
 
“Will tomorrow be good, that's the only time I see us all able to get there,” Henry asked.
 
“Around noon… would that be good for you?” Takato asked.
 
“Perfect, I'll get the others... you get Rika,” Henry said, with that he hung up. Takato sweatdropped, looked like Rika was still scary over the phone to most people. With a shrug he startling dialing again, he heard the other phone begin to ring over the line.
 
“This better be good,” a grouchy voice said, Takato gulped silently… who cared that he was a robot and could easily rip a Digimon in half if he wanted too… a grouchy Rika was a scary Rika.
 
“Rika, this is Takato,” Takato said, there was a bit of silence.
 
“What's the problems shades,” she said all grouchiness gone, in her place was the cool battle hardened Tamer he knew... and someone he still had a crush on after all these years.
 
“Let's just say that trouble is on the way, the tamers will all be at Light's place tomorrow at noon... you ready for a battle... one that will come to the Tamers… and I warn you this guy is big ass trouble.” Takato said, he could hear her smirk.
 
“I'll be there,” she said, then she hung up, he sighed in relief, he would contact Yamaki later on in hope of reference to portals… he did know a lot. Till then, he had to just wait.
 
------TBC------
Wow, another long chappy, we have at least another one done but I still have to go over it with WandererD for mistakes and see if we should change anything.
See you all next chapter.