MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction / Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ Transformers X ❯ First Encounter ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1
First Encounter
In Lincoln Middle School, Kari Veda, now fourteen years old, was walking through the crowded hallway. As she did, she noticed many of the kids pointing at her and whispering to each other about her. When she started middle school, her protector, Zero, told her to be an average student or just try to show that she wasn't what she was, an intellect being from the past, or she could be caught by Omega's henchman.
When she reached her class room, she took the seat in the back, away from the others. Ever since she left her home, she considered herself an outcast, a child unworthy to have friends. As she noticed that the teacher was going to teach about the solar system, Kari quietly took out her sketch from her pink book bag and began to draw. She was sure what she was drawing, but she just let her imagination go and do its magic. Once she was done, she noticed that she drew a large sword and a gun that were crossing each other while a large shield was behind it.
"Hey," said a voice from the right of her. She looked and saw two boys, Carlos and Rad. Those two were always trying to get her to talk, and always failed because of the bell.
"Kari, you wanna come with us to check this wicked cave?" asked Rad, covering his mouth so the teacher wouldn't see he was talking. Kari just stared at them for awhile. She noticed the pleading look in their eyes and just chuckled in her mind, how is it so humorous to see two boys looking like two year olds asking their mom to buy them ice cream. 'These people seem nice," thought Kari to herself, "But then again, even the ones who are evil." After taking another look at the boys, she almost had an image that they were puppies who were begging to be petted. After a moment of thinking, she nodded her head in a "yes" motion, then quickly turned her attention to the front of the class the raising her hand. When she did, the teacher saw her hand after asking a question.
"You know the answer, Miss Veda?" asked the teacher, thinking that the girl didn't even pay attention during the whole lecture. He watched Kari stand up, pushing the chair a bit far so she could stand correctly.
"A blue star is hotter than red star because a blue one indicates that it was just recently been born," replied Kari, taking everyone in a shock. No one has heard her talk at all. Sure, they hear her battle cries whenever the school bully picks on the younger kids, but this was the very first time she ever said anything, let alone answer a question in front of a large classroom. The teacher was shocked about this and quietly angry that a student got the question right, even one who wasn't even paying attention.
As Kari set her hand down, she looked at everyone around her. They were giving the look as if saying "Can-you-read-minds-or-do-you-have-telepathy?" She was blushing at the attention, and then noticed one of the students just shook his head at her. When she saw this, she lowered her head in disgrace. Unlucky for her, Rad noticed this, but decided to be quiet until it was the right time to ask.

It was now after school and Kari was getting her gear on. She was wearing a blue fire shirt and white baggy shorts. Her helmet and gear was light red and the helmet had a yellow X in the middle. She wore her brown rollerblades as she skated out the door. Just as she did, the boy from early walked up to her, showing no emotions on his face.
"Princess, don't you remember why you talk at all during our stay here," said the boy, barely missing the look of sadness on her face. He then sighed and slowly walked up to her. "Although it is against the rules, I'll let you go with these two boys," the boy said, cheering up Kari.
"Thanks you, Rocky," said Kari as she skated down the stairs and saw Rad and Carlos waiting for her at the ramp.
Rocky stood there, watching them skating toward the canyon. As they disappeared from his view, he got on his blue skateboard and rode home.

"So, what's so special about this cave?" asked Kari as she kept skating, keeping a steady pace so she wouldn't go ahead of the boys. "We don't know," replied Carlos who was behind her, as he sped up a bit to catch up, "But it seems so cool."
"Hope you're prepared for this, Kari," said Rad, getting her attention, "Because we might find some major cool stuff in there."
After a few more minutes of talking a racing, the three kids reached the cave. Carlos attached his skateboard to his bag while Rad set his bike on the side of the canyon wall. Kari took off the wheels on her shoes and put them in her book bag and took out her sketch pad.
"What's that for?" asked Carlos, noticing Kari taking out the paper and a pencil.
"I thought I could draw anything that looks cool or amazing when I see it," replied Kari, "I just hope we don't get lost."
"Don't worry, Kari," Rad reassured, while walking into the cave, "Carlos has long rope so we can't get lost." As they walked into the dark cave, Rad turned on his flashlight, lighting the way. As they began walking, Kari didn't see anything unusual or amazing so far while Rad and Carlos were cracking jokes about Billy and Fred. She laughed at some few jokes like the time Billy tried to ask Kari out to the dance, but failed because she was already in love with someone.
"Can I ask a question, Kari," said Rad as they kept walking. He turned his head to see Kari nodding her head, "Who was that guy that you were talking to at the school?"
Kari shot her head up, beginning to get worried, "Well, let's just say he is kind of like...my older brother." she said, and then noticed a fork in the road in front of them. Rad saw this too and groaned. "Oh great!" he said, pointing his flashlight in both direction, "Now, which way we should we go?"
"I say we go back," Carlos said in a disappointed tone, "Because we just ran out of rope." Kari looked at Carlos and he was right. In his hand was barely and inch of rope left. At that moment, an idea hit her head as she knelt down and began looking through her bag. The two boys looked at her in confusion. When she found it, she took out a watch and a tiny device that looked like a walkie talkie.
"What's that?" asked Rad as she walked pass the boys. Kari then turned around, showing them the tiny electronic. "This, my friend, is a tracer," replied Kari, "It's supposed to track the person that I put this on, but I could also use it so we could quickly find our way back out."
"Ha-ha, sweet Kari!" Carlos cheered as she placed the tracer on the wall. When she did, Rad chose the right road and they headed off. As they kept walking, they then heard a scream.
"Did you hear that?" asked Carlos as he quickly stood up after nearly tripping over Kari who was kneeling down to put another tracer. "Hear what, Carlos?" Kari said with a question faced.
"It could be water dripping," said Rad as he suddenly turned around shining the light in his face in a mischievous manner, “Or it could be ghost!” Out of nowhere they heard another scream, which caused Kari to jump up and nearly breaking Carlos' jaw, since he was looking at what she was doing.
"Jeez, I was just kidding," Rad reassured as he kept walking. As Carlos and Kari followed, they kept walking when the floor below Rad and Carlos gave away. On the last second, Kari threw the watch to them and yelled, "Use that to get back outside! I'll meet you there!"
When they disappeared, Kari ran back to the fork in the road. As she reached the place, she sat down on the wall. While she was catching her breath, she began to worry if the boys would be able to get out alive.

At Kari's house, Ceil was busy playing a video game on her PSP as she watched Rocky was pacing. It was almost five and Kari hasn't come back. "Something bad is going to happen," said Rocky as he kept pacing, "I can feel it."
"You don't have to go worrying so much, Rocky," said Mika as she came in with four plates of food on it. While she put the plates on the table where everyone was at, Ceil quickly checked her e-mail and saw a message sent by an anonymous person.
"Hey, Rocky?" asked Ceil as she got up and walked to him, holding the device in front of Rocky. As Rocky took it, his eyes grew wide in shock. Mika noticed this and walked toward Rocky.
"Is something wrong?" she asked noticing the small frown on his face.
"He's coming back." was all he said before he went upstairs to his room.

Meanwhile, in the cave, Kari was using her laptop to keep a track on Carlos and Rad's location. Luckily, she put tracers on them when they were both arguing about the weird sounds.
She was about to get their exact location when the laptop just went out. "What in Alpha is going on?" she shouted aloud, knowing no one would answer her question. Just as she was about to stand up, a bright stream of light blinded her. Before her sight was taken for the moment, she heard two familiar voices that screamed. (A/N: No! It isn't Fred and Billy, but you'll find out soon...I think.)

Back at the house, Ceil just stepped outside when she saw four streams of light blasting out of a small whole in the canyon wall. Right when she looked the other direction, she quickly noticed that one of the streams was heading for her house.
Inside the house, Mika was cleaning the room where the seven minicons laid dormant. As she was cleaning the last panel, the stream of light shot right into the room and split into seven streams, each with their own color. Mike noticed this just in time to jump out of the way and land in a chair, still holding the duster which was now making her cough.
As the dust cleared, Mika heard Rocky shouting all kinds of curses about her making the room dusty again, but it soon stop due to the fact that there were now seven small robots standing there in front of the two.
Before Rocky could say anything, Ceil barged into the room, saw the robots, and quickly teased at Mika. "You are so dead when Jack gets back."

At the cave, Kari felt herself being carried on someone's back. Her vision was a little blurry, but she saw a familiar blonde hair that was in her face. "Is that you, Rad?" she asked, feeling the being stopping to look at her. Indeed it was Rad and Carlos was not far behind them.
"Hey, chica," said Carlos as he stopped running, "How you feeling?"
"A bit dizzy, but I'll be fine once we get outside." she said in a reassuring tone as she was out back on her feet and followed the boys back into the outside of the cave. On the way, Carlos told her that he and the other boy fell into a hidden shaft that looked like a messed up version of a large resistance base from the so-called game that reminds her about X and Zero.
"Right when Rad touches that thing, the whole place lit up like a Christmas tree!" he said as they reached the entrance to the cave. Carlos then fell to his knees and began sucking in the fresh air. Before she too could rest a bit, she noticed that the whole area, for a quick second, change from and back to its original colors.
"It's getting freaky again!" shouted Carlos as he slowly stood up and followed Rad down the small wall of the cliff. Kari stayed near the cave entrance when she saw a large purple orb forming in the sky above them. At the same time, Kari was feeling a familiar, yet frightening, aura around it.
"What is that thing?" shouted Rad as he took a few steps back from where he was standing, not wanting to go near the object that appeared in the orb. Although he and Carlos didn't know it was, Kari had a bad feeling in her gut when she saw the familiar image. "It can't be him..." she whispered to herself. Before she could take a step to guard the two boys, a red blur came near her, grabbed her by the right wrist, and pulled her back into the cave. Carlos turned to ask Kari why was she so quiet for a long time, when he noticed that she disappeared. "Hey," he said as he looked around his spot, "Where'd she run off to?"

About four miles away from where Rad and Carlos were, Ceil was riding with Rocky, who was driving a dark blue motorcycle with red flames on it, and Mika was on a yellow hover board with a light pink protective gear.
"Do you think Kari saw the light?" asked Mika as she caught up with the speeding vehicle, noticing the seriousness on the boy's face.
"If she didn't," Rocky began to say as he revved the engines, "Then we won't have to worry too much." Ceil held tighter as a threatening thought came to her head, "I hope she didn't, or I might not see her again." Then she began to cry silently, unable to keep her face from Rocky's view.
Rocky took another glance at the side mirror, noticing the tears coming out of the girl's eyes. At that time, there was only one thing he could do. "Hang on, Ceil!" he shouted as he speeded up even faster than a race car, taking Mika by surprised as she tried her best to catch up again, and not to fall...again.

Inside the cave, Kari felt someone carrying her in warm arms. She slowly opened her eyes and saw a cloaked boy walking through the dark cave. She also saw three figures walking behind them, one of them holding a source of light that kept them from running into the walls.
"Hey," said a girl's voice, "She's waking up!"
Kari looked at the figure that was standing on the light keeper's left, and saw a brown haired girl wearing a red shirt and light brown Capri pants. "Is that you, Alexis?" asked Kari, getting the attention of the boy that was carrying her.
"Are you alright, Miss Veda?" asked the cloaked boy with a familiar voice that was soon remembered by Kari.
"Is it really you?" said Kari as tears of joy began to form in her eyes. The boy knelt down so she could sit on the rocky ground and pulled of the hood that covered his face. When she did, there was a boy with gold yellow hair and blue eyes that showed only one emotion, concern. “It's really you, Jack!" shouted Kari as she hugged him by the neck, crying out that one of her long lost friends was alive and well.
To be continued...