MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ 56k Connection ❯ Begin Download ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

56k Connection

Chapter One: Begin Download

Rockman.EXE glided though the Net, trying to figure out a very important problem.

"Maybe I should find something to give her…but a battlechip wouldn't give the right impressi-"

He never finished his sentence, for a giant fireball blasted him from his path and to his right. He wasn't even aware of his wailing scream as his body contorted from the pain. It was everywhere-all he could feel was that horrible fire, burning away every pixel in his body-

And then it stopped.

For a moment, Rock just laid…where? He seemed to be in another system. Slowly, carefully, he sat up…and stared. The system he was in was weird, unlike any system he had ever been in…ever. All he could see was a white, barely visible floor stretching on and on and on…the rest, where sky-or the Net version of sky-should be, there was just a blank white. Even though the place seemed to stretch in all directions for as far as the eye could see, Rock was starting to feel claustrophobic.

"Netto-kun…?" There was no response. Rock shivered, and tried again. "Netto-kun? Can you hear me? Netto-kun!"

But there was no response.

"I-I'm alone here…"

He had to find someone. This place was-horrible. It was nothing but blank. Nothing.

Rock shook his head and tried to get a hold of himself. Don't panic, he ordered to himself. You just need to think. Don't panic-that won't help. Don't…

Then he felt a pull. "What the-hey! Let go!" Slowly and very unwillingly, he was being dragged to the left. Then he stopped struggling, realizing this was probably his only way out of here. Anywhere-anywhere-was better than this place.

It felt like he was being dragged though jelly, and thick jelly at that. He had no idea why he was going so slowly-it felt like he was being forced though the tiniest connection ever made…and he could feel himself being compacted.

"No!" he screamed, forcing himself to stay the same. "No! No! No!"

But it was useless. He felt himself getting smaller and smaller, but while this was happening the jelly was thinning-

"Only a few minutes more! Finally!" he heard a female voice cry from far away. Terrified, he tried to escape-but the jelly and the compaction wouldn't let him free.

"Let me out of here!" he screamed, struggling harder. "Let me go! Netto-kun! Netto-kun!"

But he couldn't break out. Nothing seemed to work…but at least the compaction had stopped. Rockman, snap out of it! he ordered himself. Stop panicking, and start thinking. Slowly, he got a hold on himself, panting slightly. All right. I'm stuck in some sort of download, and it's too thick to break out…

And really, there weren't many other options besides this one. If he did manage to escape, he'd just be stuck in the White again.

And the White just scared him. He didn't want to go back to that place...it was that horrible feeling of emptiness in it, as though he was an insignificant bug trapped in the middle of-

No. Don't think about that. Think about how after you reach this new system, you're going to fight your way out and go home to Netto-kun.

Rock began to swim forward though the jelly, grimacing slightly. This person was going to pay when he got there.

As he got closer to his destination, he could hear someone typing on a keyboard. Then the typist paused.

"Fifteen kilobytes a second?!Wow! It's never gone that fast!"

…Fifteen kilobytes a second?

Rockman stopped swimming, shocked by the number. That was so incredibly slow…no wonder this place felt like jelly! He wondered if that was why he had been compacted too.

"Aw, man, I jinxed it. C'mon, c'mon, speed up again…!"

Rock wasn't sure what to do, so he just stayed put and allowed the download to pull him forward. The voice sighed, and the tapping started up again.

"Aw, damn," the voice swore a moment later. "I can't think of anything more to write. God, this is boring. Oi. You know you're bored when you're too bored to write-hey! All right! Only twenty seconds to finished download!"

Rock braced himself, and formed the Rockbuster. Whoever was downloading him would probably want to keep him here, and that he just couldn't allow. He had to get home to Netto-kun!

"Five!" cheered the girl's voice, her excitement evident. "Four! … Three! … Two! … ONE!"

~~Download 'Rockman.EXE' complete

Click 'OK' to continue

* * *

Or you can click 'Review' to make me a happy girl! Thanks to all folk who review, and poo on those who don't, so there!