MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ 56k Connection ❯ File Deleted ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

56k Connection

Chapter Four: File Deleted

Just as Timeman plunged the sword into Rockman's chest, Andy finished `slotting in' the Area Steal battlechip. And something rather strange happened.

Before, the two Navis had been fighting on Alicia's desktop, which looked decidedly weird, but in the battle the humans had forgotten about it. Now, however, all icons and windows disappeared to see the Net World as Rock and Timeman did, with purple ground and pale blue sky…except the ground under Rock was purple no longer. It was now blue.

"What-" began Timeman, utterly confused. For some reason, his sword wasn't slashing Rockman to tiny pixels-instead, it was hovering above his chest!

"Well, that was…unexpected…" said Andy slowly. Apparently Area Steal had literally stolen some ground for Rock, giving him just enough time to recover.

"Oh, give-me-that!" snapped Alicia as everyone seemed to stand there shock-still. "Honestly, you guys seem to forget Rock's fighting for his life here!" She quickly pressed the `A' button, loading a couple of Cannons onto the battlefield. They instantly aimed and shot at Timeman, blowing him backwards, further away from Rock. "Geez. Boys."

Her interruption seemed to wake everyone up. "Alicia!" gasped Andy as she loaded another Cannon chip into the game. "I thought you couldn't play!"

"I can't," she answered, pursing her lips. "I'm figuring out as I go. I've been watching you long enough. Hey, how come I can't give him that Dash battlechip with this Shotgun battlechip? Just because they have different letters…"

"WATCH OUT!" screamed Andy just as Timeman threw another black ball at Rock. This time the blue Navi was able to dodge it, making Andy sigh in relief. "Thank goodness…"

Alicia shrugged and loaded the Dash battlechip into Rock. "That one looks to do more damage," she said as a giant boomerang thing appeared on Rock's hand. At least, that's what it looked like to her.

Rockman sent it flying into Timeman, who blew it up with another ball.

"DIE, DAMMIT!" the clock-shaped Navi screamed, and put his hands together, creating another pulsing black ball between them. Alicia tried uploaded a Shotgun battlechip, but the attack seemed to do nothing to Timeman. He had created a shimmering shield around himself as he charged.

"Aw, crap! It looks like all he has are health chips right now!" Alicia cried.

"Throw `em!" Andy yelled, and chucked the chips, praying they'd get new ones before…

Timeman's energy ball was now nearly the size of himself. Rockman paled as he looked at it…there was no way to escape that…!

Finally, finally, new chips showed up on the screen. Andy groaned as he saw them-more health chips again, and one Long Sword. That sword wasn't going to come in handy at all-it wouldn't do enough damage!

But Alicia's eyes lit up as a new idea came into her head. She looked at the battlechips at the screen, and grinned wickedly.

"Rock, have you ever played baseball?" she asked nonchalantly as she uploaded the Long Sword. Rockman's eyes widened as he realized what she was getting at.

Andy just stared at her. She wasn't seriously-

"TIME BOMB!!" screamed Timeman, chucking the massive thing at Rock.

"And a one…two…NOW! SWING, ROCK!"

Rock swung the sword.

The bomb bounced back.

Timeman had two seconds to scream before he was blown up in his own attack.

Alicia pretended to blow smoke off the GBA as she watched the Navi dissipate.

"And that, my friend, is why you don't get the Zelda Master on your ass. I'm good at throwing dark balls of energy back with swords."

Andy stared at her, grinning. "All right!"

Rockman was smiling too…just before he fainted.

Then something even weirder happened.

Where Timeman had stood-and died-a large, spinning black portal was forming. Rock's unconscious form was being dragged to it, slowly but surely-

"Rock! Rockman, WAKE UP!" Andy screamed. "You're about to be sucked up by who knows what!"

"Get up, you ass!" Alicia growled, this time thumping the monitor. "We did not just go through all that work just to let you die on us!"

Rock groaned, finally waking up. When he saw the portal, he instantly drew back.

"It's-it's really strong!" he gasped as he slid forward, even as he backed up. "I-I don't think I can keep myself out of it!"

"Rockman?" asked a familiar voice from the other side. It sounded like…

"Netto-kun!" Rock gasped, staring into the portal.

"Hey! If that's a way back to your time-"

"See ya, kid!" Alicia grinned, waving at the Navi. "Hopefully the two of you didn't destroy my computer."

Rock was nearly at the edge of the portal. "I'm sure we didn't," he said, and stared inside. "Yes, I definitely see Netto-kun!"

"Rockman?" asked the boy's voice. "Hey, where are you?"

"I'm here!" Rock answered automatically before turning back to the two kids on his side.

"Thank you!" he called, waving. Alicia and Andy waved back.

"No prob," said Alicia. "Don't kill yourself in there, or I will come after you."

Rock grinned. "I'll try not to."

"Good luck! Er…" Andy lifted up the GBA and grinned. "See you soon!"

Then the portal sucked Rock in.

######

"Rockman, where were you?" snapped Netto at his PET as he got ready. "You didn't wake me up!"

"Er, sorry, Netto-kun," said Rock, sweatdropping. "It's a long story…"

"Long story?"

"Yes…" Rock thought for a moment about everything that had happened. Was it all a dream…?

"Well, tell me it!" said Netto, settling down. "It's just school anyway, who cares?"

"Netto-kun!"

Yep. Things were back to normal.

~~~~File Retrieval "Rockman.EXE" successful

Click `OK' to continue

* * *

You dirty, dirty minded people! I swear, next thing you know `sword' will be defined a whole new way…anyway, no, my `balls' are normal anime balls of doom and general death, and nothing of the sexual sort.

Don't worry, I know you guys were joking…I hope…

Anyway, I changed it to `balls of energy,' so hopefully your dirty minds will have a different image now. Thanks for pointing it out though o.o I didn't notice…

Annnyway, special thanks to Kira, KingKazul400, Max0418, exe-sami, Song the Allmighty Pineabble, and darth. I don't quite know what darth meant about being gay, seeing as he didn't explain, but hey, he did review…

Anyway, thanks, King and Max! Awesome that what I thought was imaginary wasn't.

Oops. I mean, I knew about it all the time…I was just checking to see if Y'ALL knew…

And Song, yep, the one and only Buru. And Demon Blues x Enzan? …I wouldn't put it past her…actually, you're right, that's totally expected from her. (Aww…we love you, Buru, dirty, Operator-obsessed mind and all…)

So click `OK' to continue, and `Review' to make me feel happy indeed! And if any of you somehow take that wrong, I swear, your minds are as dirty as Buru's…

Please review, folks! And thanks for hangin' on!

~~End Author's Note

Click `OK' to be grateful the insanity is gone