MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Battle for Terra ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 2: First Strike

A large, purple-red blast was shot out just as Tron said that. The Draches fell out of formation, and Tron's BlumeJet itself had been knocked off course. The energy blast had emanated from the reaverbot, and had lanced straight towards the Gesellchaft II. The energy beam caught a glancing blow on the Gesellchaft's right stabilizer as Teasel managed to take it out of harms way. Of course, the wake itself from the energy blast had been enough to knock Roll and Mega Man back against the far wall in the Flutter, and both sat there for a second as they collected themselves. "Wow! I never knew something like that could be done!" Roll said, stumbling a little as she slowly started to stand up. Mega Man stood as well, helping Roll to her feet. His armor had absorbed most of the impact against the wall, and he was pretty much fine. Roll had lost her hat, and would have a few bruises, but would be otherwise fine as well.

"So it wants to play that way, does it? Well then, let's fight back!" Roll exclaimed, moving to take her position at the controls once again. Mega Man walked over, and set an armored hand upon he shoulder gently. "Um... Roll? The Flutter isn't armed, remember?" he said softly, and he shook his head sadly. When Roll said nothing, he looked back to her with a curious look on his face. "Roll? Are you okay?" Mega Man asked, which was then followed by Roll's looking at him with a grin.

"Well, Mega Man, I forgot to tell you, but the Flutter isn't defenseless anymore. When you went up to that space station... Elysium, right? Anyway, I installed your old Powered Buster on the Flutter. Not only do we have firepower, we have lots of it!" Roll said, and she laughed a little. Mega Man just stood there stunned- What was worse? Having thought that all his weapons had been sold by Roll, or the fact that she went and installed his most powerful weapon on this airship?

"Roll, are you sure it'll work? I mean, it is about a year and a half old, you know." Rock asked, to which Roll shrugged. "Only one way to tell, right?" she said, to which Mega Man groaned and shook his head. "You mean... you mean, it's untested? Roll, don't tell me we're actually gonna... Ack!" Mega Man got knocked back into the far wall again as Roll kicked the engines to a higher pitch, bringing her ship ahead of the Gesellchaft II and began flying faster toward the Reaverbot. "We're going in, Mega Man. Hang on!"

----

Tron on the other hand, was a bit shaken up by that super-charged particle blast. Shaking her head and grinning, she noticed a sudden increase in speed from one of the airships behind her on her radar. She immediately recognized the signature. "What are they doing? That ship isn't armed. Only Mega Man fights anyway... what is Roll thinking?" she said to herself, shaking her head in disbelief. Checking on the status of her Draches, she sighed in relief as she saw that none of them had been lost, but all of them had been damaged severely. "All Draches, return to the Gesellchaft II! I'll go on ahead and attack this thing. Teasel, you get out of here! Try and get the Flutter out of here too, please." She said, and then turned off her communications as she looked back to the head of the flying reaverbot. It was huge, even at this distance.

Tron shook her head again, and then managed to regain that determined look in her eyes. She grinned as she saw the targeting system reacquire her target, and she punched in the engines to go even faster than before. She was only several thousand meters away now, and was closing a few meters every second. Within a moment or two, she would be almost right in it. "Bonne Torpedoes away!" she cried, and she slammed her thumbs down onto the triggers. Two missile-like projectiles dropped out of the weapon ports under her fuselage, and then they picked up speed as their thrusters punched in. A second later, another pair was fired, and then another a second after those. Soon, a total of one dozen torpedoes slammed forward as Tron banked up and at an angle as she found herself almost on top of the Reaverbot.

Unable to keep an eye on the torpedoes she'd fired now, she piloted the BlumeJet over the expansive landscape of the giant reaverbot. Amazingly, a bunch of Zakoben and turreted buster guns burst from dozens of ports on top of the reaverbot and started to attack the BlumeJet. Tron, managing to maneuver between buster gun attacks and the bombs that were launched by dozens of Zakoben, managed to press the index finger triggers as she wove her way through the storm of bombs and energy. The six Vulcan guns on her craft opened fire as she held down the triggers, and they slammed into the Zakoben, turrets, and the top hull of the craft. The BlumeJet shuddered wildly as a few buster gun shots hit, a few bombs exploded in midair near the jet, and from the explosions that took place ahead of her from her own firepower. Flying through a rather large explosion, she knew that she couldn't go much higher or faster before the craft would come apart at the seams, and she knew that she needed to get the heck outta there.

Thinking fast, she slowed the craft down before starting to turn around. The BlumeJet rocked and shuddered as it took a lot of damage in the turn, mostly from the buster gun shots. With a swift kick to the front of the acceleration pedal, Tron made the adjustment from vulcan guns firing straight to making them point downwards. Climbing ever so slightly higher, she pushed down hard on the pedal, making her go as fast as possible, while still holding down the gun triggers. Raining destruction upon the top of the Reaverbot, Tron began to wonder when this thing would be behind her, instead of below her. "I hope I can make it out of this..."

Suddenly, the damage done to the craft was too much, and Tron was forced to scramble out of the cockpit, and she jumped even as the BlumeJet crash-landed onto the back of the giant reaverbot, blasting a large hole into the thing. Tron blacked out as she hit the rock-hard armor of the reaverbot, and then could neither hear nor see anything.

----

"Tron? Tron! Come in Tron! Come back!" Teasel yelled hysterically, as Tron was lost from sight as she went in on an attack run against the huge Reaverbot. He couldn't believe what he'd just seen: his own little sister was actually flying on top of that thing! "Continue firing the particle blasters! Get the Turret guns online! We're going in! Provide cover fire for the Flutter!" he screamed, and then sat back in the chair suddenly. "I'm gonna have nightmares about this day for weeks now!" he muttered, holding a hand to his forehead and then shaking his head slowly. Little did he know of the relief help that was going to be coming up soon... and not from a source anyone would expect.

The Gesellchaft II followed Tron in, firing the dual particle blasters straight at the Reaverbot. The torpedoes that Tron had launched had actually slammed straight into the large, red eye that had fired the purple-red particle beam. Unfortunately, they hadn't even made a dent in the Reaverbot's armor. And even now, as the Gesellchaft was much closer to the target, the particle blasts that it fired wasn't doing any noticeable damage. "At this rate, we'll run out of energy before we even scratch that things paint job!" Teasel muttered, and then quickly stood up as he noticed two more objects enter the radar screen. They were small, fast... and very strange. The signature registered as a human airship, but the energy readings were too strange to be one. "Just what are those things?" he asked himself, even as the two objects split from their formation, one converging with the Gesellchaft II, and the other with the Flutter.

"Would someone please tell me what the heck is goin' on around here?" he screamed out in frustration. Though he enjoyed complex plans, he absolutely hated surprises... especially on days like these. "Can this day get any stranger?" he asked himself, and then he blinked as he noticed a red light flash on his command console. Pressing it, he listens for the expected high-pitched voice on the other end. Instead, he is surprised to hear another voice that he hadn't heard for quite a while now...

----

A large, loud thud was heard as something landed on the top deck of the Flutter. Both Roll and Mega Man looked up to the ceiling rather quickly, very surprised at the sound. It hadn't been an explosion or lethal impact- in fact, it almost sounded like... Three powerful taps were heard as they looked at the ceiling. "Um, I think someone wants in..." Roll said softly, to which Mega Man nodded in agreement. "Guess so. I'll go see... Huh?" as he said that, he turned to the ladder in the back of the room, only to look up as the hatch opened and a figure jumped on down. Mega Man hit the floor with a crash, glad that he had slipped his armor on earlier. At least he wouldn't be hurting too much by this, he thought, even as he looked over his shoulder. He winced as the figure stepped off of his prone body, and then he yelped in pain as yet another, figure dropped down onto him, and this one was much heavier than the first one. The hatch above was automatically closed, and then locked, as Roll pressed a button off to the side.

"Jiji! Get off of Trigger. It is impolite to stand on top of your host." The green haired girl said, and almost immediately, the being that had been standing on Mega Man's back got off of him. With the weight gone, Rock slowly stood up, and then stepped back, gasping in surprise at the person he saw before him. The green-haired girl couldn't help but to giggle as she noticed the surprise in Mega Man's face. What she hadn't seen, however, was Jiji's reaction to the sound of his mistress giggling. He had gasped as well, and held a hand to his head, a little confused by the situation. "Sera? What are you doing here?" Roll asked, her voice a little high pitched, even as she managed to avoid a reddish-orange blast from the giant reaverbot ahead of them. She looked back for a moment and gasped, seeing the older-looking man that was there as well before returning to steering the Flutter again. Mega Man shook his head, even while looking at the Servitor in its human mode. 'Th- this... is impossible!' he thought silently, almost dreading this fact. This being had nearly killed him... and now... now, he was back!

"Well, Yuna and I are here to help you carbons against the Elder System. That giant reaverbot isn't going to be stopped easily, you know. You carbons will need some help." Sera said simply, and she raised a tanned hand to Jiji. "This is why we rebuilt our Servitors. The fact that they are our Servitors made it simple to re-integrate their old memories with their new memory banks. We Mother units have a tie with our Servitors, which enables us to create back-up copies of our Servitors memories... however, the tie is only good at very limited ranges. I couldn't tell when Jiji was destroyed by you because I was onroute to Elysium." she said softly, and then closed her eyes as she breathed in slowly, then exhaled just as slowly. 'Not to mention, it is all done unconsciously,' she left unsaid. 'and that the files only become available when the Link is broken... only by range, or the destruction of the Servitor.' She thought, before opening her eyes to speak out loud once again. "Jiji and Gaga have been reconstructed so that we might fight alongside Trigger. Between the Servitors and Trigger, there has been no force strong enough to deal with them besides these three."

Jiji simply nodded to this, keeping to himself mostly. Mega Man could only nod slightly, and smile, determining what it was that Jiji was thinking about. 'Most likely, it was thinking about the change in behavior that its mistress had undergone since I destroyed him,' Rock told himself, and he nodded slightly. "Sera, are there any others... any others like me?" Mega Man asked softly. To this, Jiji looked to him and answered for her. "Yes, there are, but they are in the process of being re-conditioned and updated at this time. It will take a minimum of 3 days, possibly more, before the Purifier units are brought online." Sera smiled, and nodded at that comment. "That's right. There are very few 1st class Purifier units such as yourself, Trigger. So, we have had to re-condition older Purifier models- mostly the 3rd and 4th class units, and upgrade them with new abilities. Like you, they are part organic... However, unlike you, however, they do not have your experiences on the surface of Terra. They have retained their original memories from several thousand years ago."

Rock took this in with a nod, and he smiled a little. It was almost like having a real family... but they were not familiar to him. They never would be. Shaking his head a little, he looked back to Jiji with a curious look in his eyes. Sera saw this and grinned a little at Trigger. "Yuna and I reconstructed both Jiji and Gaga at the Reaverbot factory on Forbidden Island. It took a while because the factory wasn't suited for creating Servitor units. But, they were finally finished just last week." She explained, and Jiji nodded in agreement. "Trigger... I wish to apologize for my actions in my previous life," Jiji said. Even though the Servitor showed no remorse, either in his facial features, eyes, or voice, Mega Man knew that Jiji meant it. Trigger nodded in response, and grinned slightly. "I'm just glad we're fighting on the same side now." Mega Man said, and he hefted the Ground Crawler weapon onto his right arm. It slid back, and with a click, he knew that it was now grafted onto the armor. Gripping the handle within the weapon with his right hand, he stretched it out a little, all while keeping the safety on.

Sera nodded to this, even as an explosion rocked the airship, which caused her to stagger toward the wall. Jiji, however, stepped behind his mistress, and caught her before she hit it. Mega Man smiled as those two shared a brief, warm glance at each other, and then looked back outside. "Mega Man, I'm bringing the Powered Buster online. If you're gonna go, then you better go now!" Roll exclaimed, even as her right thumb pushed the end of the steering wheel up, exposing a trigger on it. "Got it!" Mega Man exclaimed, and he turned to the ladder, and went up a few rungs before looking back down to Jiji and Sera. "Sera, you'd better stay onboard. Roll may need some help, despite what she may say. It'll be safer here, too." Rock said, to which Jiji nodded in agreement. "Trigger is correct, Mistress Sera. You would be safer here than with me. Please stay here until we deal with this Reaverbot."

Sera nodded, and sighed a little bit before looking back up to them. "You two be careful... and Jiji, I don't want to lose you a second time. You had better be very careful, alright?" she said softly, smiling a little bit to both the Purifier and her Servitor unit. Mega Man nodded in agreement, and grinned. "Don't worry, I'll make sure Jiji comes back, Sera." Jiji also nodded, and smiled reassuringly to Sera. "Yes, mistress Sera." And with that, he and Mega Man ascended the ladder, soon finding themselves outside on the top deck of the Flutter.

----

"Teasel Bonne. This is Yuna. I am the one who helped Mega Man defeat the person who wanted to destroy everyone on this planet. I also have news regarding your sister. She has lost the aircraft she had been flying, and is now on the Reaverbot. I am taking the armor I have found in here. From what I have learned, she is good with machines, and can use this thing. Gaga and I will be attempting to destroy that Reaverbot. Do not try to stop us." The clear-voiced woman said. Despite her hair color, she was very intelligent, and had already come up with a plan to destroy the Reaverbot... unfortunately, with Tron on the Reaverbot in question, it complicated things immensely.

"Listen here, Yuna, I don't take kindly to threats! But, since you say Tron's on that thing... Take the Gustaff III. She can help you guys when in that." Teasel's octave-changing voice said. In the control room, Teasel sighed softly. "Why that little... she must've come in through the mecha bay Tron used earlier!" he said to himself, and then he sighed. Suddenly, the airship was rocked violently, as the Gesellchaft was hit by several buster shots. "That's it! Come on everybody! Tron got shot down by that thing, and we aren't gonna let it get away with it! Full speed ahead! Dang the plasma blasts and that particle beam! Fire at will! The Bonnes don't lose to anybody! CHARGE!!! And somebody close the door!"

----

Yuna stood astride Gaga as the servitor took the green and white colored powered armor in its claws carefully. "I apologize, Mistress Yuna. This unit will have problems flying quickly with such a heavy load." Gaga explained, with a regretful sound in its voice. "That is alright, Gaga. We'll just go slowly then. We will need all the help we can get when we get to that reaverbot. Let us hope we can get to its center." Yuna replied, even as she felt the sudden lurch forward that the Gesellchaft II made. "It appears that this carbon's ship is going to fight with the reaverbot head to head." Gaga commented, even as Yuna hopped onto his platform-like back. Gaga then lifted off, his claws straining to keep aloft with the load it carried.

"Yes, it does seem that way..." Yuna murmured, and then she looked towards the Flutter, which was not far away. She grinned as she noticed Jiji and Mega Man Trigger there, and with a shift of her weight to indicate where to go, she directed Gaga to fly over toward them. "This is Yuna to the Flutter. Roll, get out of here while you still can!" she exclaimed into the com-wrist band she wore on her arm. Yuna smiled as the Flutter visible maneuvered away, even as Mega Man jumped onto Jiji's back. The Servitor was now in its battle form, she saw. It was a golden version of her own Gaga, and it flew with quiet speed and agility as it flew towards her position.

"Mistress Yuna, this unit gives you greetings on behalf of itself and Mistress Sera." The voice said as soon as they got close enough, and Mega Man grinned as he looked to Yuna, and then to Gaga. "Hello, Yuna." Mega Man said, even as he glanced toward the ominous reaverbot. "Mega Man Trigger, you'd better be careful with Jiji. I'd hate to see anything happen to either of you." Yuna said, winking to both of the units beside her Servitor. "Now, let's ascend: we have to go save Tron, and then defeat that thing. To do that, we have to get inside of it." Sera explained, even as both Servitors began to ascend in altitude, dodging the slow buster gunshots easily. Then, Mega Man looked behind him and to the left a little, and gasped in surprise. "The Gesellchaft..." he whispered to himself, even as he watched the exchanging attacks between the green ship and the reaverbot.

The Gesellchaft loomed ever closer to the Reaverbot, firing everything it had at the target. The particle blasters, the turreted cannons, and even missiles and torpedoes were being fired, having very little, if any effect on the Reaverbot's shell. Conversely, the Reaverbot's own shots weren't doing much damage to the Gesellchaft II. 'Its armor was much stronger than the original Gesellchaft's,' Rock thought, as he watched the two crafts fire shots at each other. Slowly, the Reaverbot's large red eye began to flare into a brighter, darker color, turning the eye to a purple color. A large amount of energy began pooling in front of it, and he could see the Gesellchaft begin to decline in altitude slowly, to try and escape the attack. The purple-red beam was then unleashed, arcing directly toward the Gesellchaft II. The beam slammed full-bore into the ship's left engine, and a large amount of smoke and fire sprouted from the hit. The nose of the Gesellchaft point downward even more than before, as it began to fall from the sky. Mega Man sighed, and then held onto the spike on Jiji's head as the storm of buster gunfire started up again, most aiming toward him and Yuna.

With a determined look, Mega Man looked back up toward the Reaverbot ahead of them. This was the first time he'd actually been scared of something like this- not since that dig before Kattelox Island, had he gazed at a Reaverbot with fear. The guardians of the ruins whom he'd destroyed before were nothing compared to this. They were child's play. Even the large, 3 or 5 story tall reaverbot he'd fought in the Saul-Kada City ruins hadn't scared him this much (it had, however, made him a little queasy when it restored its power by drinking lava). "Well now..." Mega Man said softly, gazing at the thing as he kept his hold on the spike on Jiji's head. "Here we go!" And with that, both Servitor units banked upward sharply, one carrying a somewhat large suit of armor after it. Both the occupants hung on for dear life, both with a look of determination as the Servitors charged up their own blasters.