MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Difference Between Netnavis and Reploids ❯ Prolouge ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

'How do I always get myself into these messes?' Was the first thing that crossed Netto's mind while he was running towards the back of the small plane. Netto remembered why he was on the plane that was on a crash course towards Brightland.

//Flashback//

"A new mission, Meijin-san?" Netto asked, sitting on a chair at his desk.

"Yes. Apparently, there was a hint sent that some darkoids were going to attack the palace. It may be just a hoax, but we want you there just in case. Enzan is already there and he'll be waiting for you there. Your plane will be leaving later tonight around seven. Hopefully, it'll give you enough time to prepare." Netto nodded.

"Hai, it will. Thank you Meijin-san."

"No need for formalities."

//End Flashback//

Later that night, Netto had boarded the plane and the ride had been going smoothly. Well, at least until the plane had hit some turbulence. At first, Netto hadn't thought much about it, but when it continued for almost the minutes, Netto had become worried and headed up to the cockpit. There he had found out that there was something wrong in the piloting program. Netto had plugged Rockman in and corrected that error quickly enough.

However, another error had occurred and this time, it was in the wheels. However, there wasn't enough time for Rockman to travel over to that program before the plane was going to land. So instead, the captain told Netto to head to the back of the plane where there was a manual control for the wheels. Why the manual control was back there, Netto would never know, but he took off towards the back anyway.

'And that's why…' Netto thought to himself as he was running. 'I'm in this mess.' Netto was now towards the back of the passenger section of the plane, where he had been sitting earlier. All of a sudden, a pipe running along the inside of the plane burst.

"Holy!" Netto cried as flames emerged from the pipe and seemed to start growing. 'I have to get to the back or else we'll end up belly flopping!' Netto exclaimed in his mind. All ideas of avoiding the flames and getting to the back however, were cut off when the flames rised in front of Netto. Netto's eyes widened as he realized what had just happened. Now, there was no way to activate the manual controls for the wheels unless Netto went through the fire. And that was something Netto would rather not do, unless of course he was wet down with water…

'That's it!' Netto thought and turned back to the cockpit. Perhaps one or both of the pilots had some sort of water bottle that he could wet himself down with. As he turned though, that plan went through the window as well because Netto found himself surrounded by the flames.

"Oh, shoot! This is NOT my day!" Netto muttered to himself as he felt the heat starting to get to him. The seconds seemed to drag by as Netto was filled with heat and pain. Netto could feel the flames scorching him; destroying him. The next few minutes were the longest minutes that Netto had ever felt in his life. He fell to his knees and as darkness was about to completely take over and Netto was about to give up all hope, a strange liquid was splashed all over him, putting out the flames and cooling him down.

'Water…?' Netto's mind barely registered.

"Hikari Netto…" A soft female voice said from besides him. Netto turned his head and saw a young woman with a pink and white headband with long blonde hair in a ponytail. She was wearing a pink vest with a dark blue long-sleeved shirt underneath it. She was also wearing a pink skirt with blue nylons.

"W-who…?" Netto barely managed to get out.

"Shh…" She shushed him. "Right now, it doesn't matter. We don't have much time. I want to help you, Netto. Please allow me to." She said gently. Netto didn't even have to think about that one. He nodded his agreement.

"Ok…but, who…are you…?" The woman chuckled humorlessly.

"You certainly are stubborn aren't you? Very well, my name is Ciel. And I think you'll be glad to hear that I've already activated the plane's manual control for the wheels. You'll land safely. Just relax." Netto finally closed his eyes and let himself succumb to the darkness, a strange feeling of peace filling his heart.