MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Mega Man Knights ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mega Man Knights
 
A Megaman AU (Alternate Universe) Fanfiction. By Persona.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Megaman, nor any other character related to the Megaman video game series. CAPCOM does. I'm borrowing them just for fun purposes and not to gain any money. So please don't sue me.
 
AU disclaimer: This is an AU fic. Meaning that I'll be using the same characters, but to tell a completely different story in a completely new environment that has nothing to do with the original Megaman universe.
 
 
Things between ( ) represents thought.
 
Okay, with all that cleared up. Let's begin the story.
 
=====================================================
 
Prologue:
 
The land of Kapkom was fertile and prosperous. Many kingdoms ruled its lands, and their people lived happy and in prosperity.
 
Of all the kingdoms, the biggest was with no doubt the Light Kingdom. Ruled by the old and wise King Thomas Light. The people in the Light Kingdom loved their king, since the Light family had ruled the Light kingdom with justice for many generations.
 
But then, THAT day came.
The day when the evil wizard Wily raised himself to power and started conquering every single kingdom of the once beautiful land of Kapkom.
 
One by one, the kingdoms surrendered to Wily and his army of powerful magic armored knights.
 
It is here, during this troublesome times, that our story begins.
 
==================
 
Chapter 1
 
==================
 
 
Princess Kalinka was a young teenage girl, her hair was a brown-reddish color and her eyes were a deep blue. Her long royal dress only enhanced her beauty.
 
It had been seemingly a normal and peaceful day in the northlands of Kapkom, where the Cossacks Kingdom was. But then, seemingly out of nowhere, the army of the evil and powerful wizard known as Wily attacked the royal castle.
 
Kalinka had been in her room when the attack started. She had found out about the attack when one of the castle's soldiers came into her room to warn her. He told Kalinka that she would be taken along with her father Cossacks the Great, Czar of the Cossacks Kingdom, to the castle's basement, where they would be safe until the attack was repelled.
 
When she heard this, Princess Kalinka hurriedly took her blue bird Beat out of its cage, which she did very often, and followed the soldier to safety.
 
But neither of them had counted that they would be ambushed inside the castle's walls. While they were running down the hall towards the basement door, a wall next to them exploded.
 
It had been one of Wily's evil knights; which wore a magic armor.
The magic armors were one of the reasons that the army of Wily was so feared across the land. The powerful wizard made the armors and gave them different powers and abilities with his dark magical powers.
 
The one that broke a hole in the wall was a huge knight, wearing a heavy looking thick blue armor, it's helmet was round and flat at the top, and the joints were held by thick screws. He didn't seem to have a weapon of sorts, but his metal gloves seemed very thick and had dust on them, as he had used them to break down the wall.
 
"I'm Hardman, wearer of the Hard Armor. I'm taking the princess as my prisoner!" he yelled at the soldier and at Princess Kalinka.
 
The soldier took his sword in both hands, "I'll never let you take the princess! You'll have to kill me first!"
 
Hardman seemed to smile under his helmet. "Okay, I'll grant your request."
 
"Run Princess! Run!" the soldier knew that he was no match for one of Wily's evil knights, but he hoped that he would be able to buy Princess Kalinka enough time for her to get to safety.
 
Kalinka did as she was told, and ran as fast as she could in her royal dress. It hadn't been a minute since she started running that she heard a sickening crushing sound, and a moan of pain from the castle soldier. Kalinka didn't dare turn around, knowing what had befallen the soldier.
 
Princess Kalinka ran trough the halls of the great castle as fast as her legs could take her. Her pet bird, Beat, was following her flying just over her head. She soon heard the heavy footsteps of Hardman following her. It seemed that the thick armor gave the evil knight a lot of strength, but it made him very slow.
Kalinka just hoped that she could make it to the basement in time.
 
Kalinka was turning a corner in the hallway when another of Wily's knights stepped in front of her. This one was wearing a purple-red armor, with a round and dented wheel on the helmet, right on the forehead.
 
"I am Metalman, wearer of the Metal Armor." he said, introducing himself to the frightened Princess. "Now, come peacefully if you do not want to get hurt." Metalman said this as two big round dented wheels appeared on his hands out of thin air, surely from his armor's magic power.
 
Princess Kalinka turned around to see that Hardman had reached them. Kalinka was trapped. She started crying, as she saw no way out of being captured.
 
Both Metalman and Hardman smiled evilly in triumph. They were about to grab the weeping Princess when they heard a melody; a whistling melody.
 
"What was that?" asked Metalman as he looked around, trying to find its source.
 
A reply came to the evil knights from above. "Let her go you fiends!"
 
Kalinka recognized the voice, "Blues!" she cried happily.
 
Metalman and Hardman looked up, and saw that someone was high above them, standing on one of the spider lights that illuminated the long hallway.
 
It was Blues, also known as Protoman wearer of the Proto Armor. His magic armor was red and white, his helmet was red and had an eye protecting dark glass that protected his eyes and kept them hidden to his opponents, which made it hard to read his movements. On his left arm he held a huge shield that covered most of his body, and a magical energy sword on his right hand. He also wore an yellow scarf around his neck.
 
"Damn you! Die!" Metalman tossed his wheel blades upwards, aiming at Blues. But Blues just rose his shield, protecting himself from the attack. He then took out his sword and jumped down.
 
Blues was aiming at Hardman, the heavy knight met Blues with an uppercut, but he stopped the blow with his shield, which was indestructible thanks to his armor's magical powers, and then made a cut with his sword, which was also magical since it was also part of the armor.
 
The sword cut easily trough Hardman's armor, making a cut on his body under it. The cut was deep enough, and Hardman's eyes rolled to the back of his head as he heavily fell to the floor, as the life left his body.
 
"Stop right now!" Metalman yelled behind him.
 
Blues turned around and saw that Metalman was holding Princess Kalinka tightly with one arm, while his other arm held a spiked wheel at the Princess throat. "Drop your sword and your shield or the Princess dies!"
 
Blues complied, as he threw his sword to the floor, his shield following soon afterwards.
 
Metalman smiled, "Very good! Now die!" Metalman was about to throw the sharp spiked wheel that he was holding towards Blues, when he was attacked by Princess Kalinka's pet bird, Beat.
 
"Ouch! Get away you stupid bird!" Beat flew fast towards Metalman's head, and started to peck all over his face. Metalman had to release his grip on Kalinka to get the feisty bird away from his face.
 
Blues saw how Metalman released Kalinka, and took his chance to attack. Metalman was able to get Beat away from his face, he saw Protoman coming and tried to stop him, by throwing the spiked metal wheel he was holding towards the incoming Protoman, but Metalman didn't know that the Proto Armor gave Protoman an incredible speed.
 
Blues was able to catch the spinning blade just before it reached his neck, and in one swift motion, tossed it back at Metalman.
Metalman, lacking Blues' speed, could only stare as his own weapon impaled itself on his forehead, and he fell dead to the floor.
 
Princess Kalinka, now safe, ran towards Blues and hugged him as hard as she could. "Oh, Blues, I was so scared."
 
Blues hugged the Princess back, and they remained like that for a minute. Then they broke the hug, and kissed each other passionately in the mouth.
 
Blues lifted the dark glasses from his eyes, looking tenderly at Princess Kalinka. "Are you okay, my love?" he asked her.
 
Kalinka nodded happily, returning Blues' loving stare, "Yes darling, I am okay. You got here just in time." She looked up to her pet bird, "and you were great too Beat." she said with a smile. Beat tweeted happily in response.
 
Blues then picked up his sword and shield from the floor. "Come on. I will escort you to safety."
 
The two then stared running down the hallway again.
 
As they were turning a corner, they heard some battle noises, followed by screams of pain.
 
Blues held his sword and shield tightly in his hands, and looked back at Kalinka, "I'll go see what's happening. You wait here."
 
Kalinka nodded, "Okay my love, be careful."
 
Blues lowered his shades over his eyes once again, and gave Kalinka a confident smile, "Don't worry."
 
Blues turned around the hallway, as Kalinka watched by peaking around with her head, being careful as to not to be seen by the enemy.
 
Blues and Kalinka were surprised when they saw just who had been fighting.
In the hallway there were several castle soldiers, all of them laying dead on the floor, as one of Wily's magic knights was standing over them.
The magical armor that the evil knight was made completely out of ice, the knight himself was extremely big, and the armor only made him look bigger.
But what surprised Blues and Kalinka the most was that Cossacks the Great, Czar of the Cossacks kingdom, was standing in front of this icy knight! The Czar was wearing his royal armor, holding his sword, and was panting heavily.
 
"HA HA HA HA!" laughed the evil knight, "You really think you can defeat me, Frostman, wearer of the Frost Armor? Surrender now and you will save your life!"
 
"The Cossacks kingdom will NEVER surrender to the likes of Wily!" replied the Czar.
 
Frostman laughed, "So be it… DIE!" Frostman punched the floor, and a line of very sharp looking stalagmites started to emerge from the floor, they were headed towards the Czar. They were too fast, even if Cossacks the Great was able to dodge some of them, he was unable to dodge all of them, and his body was pierced trough by several of the many stalagmites.
 
"FATHER!" screamed Kalinka in anguish as she saw the whole thing happening.
 
Frostman was surprised when he heard this, and turned around to see Protoman running towards him, holding his sword ready to strike.
Frostman punched the floor again, sending more stalagmites towards Protoman.
 
"MURDERER!" Blues used a combination of speed, his sword and his shield to dodge and cut trough all of the stalagmites. As the angry Blues reached Frostman, he made a strong slashing move on the icy evil knight.
 
Frotman's eyes rolled to the back of his head as his body was split in half, and his ice armor shattered to pieces.
 
Blues put away his sword and shield, rose his shades once again, and ran towards the limp form of Cossacks the Great, being joined soon by Kalinka.
 
"Father! Please hold on, we'll get you some help!" cried the Princess. As she saw how her father was covered in a pool of his own blood.
 
The Czar shook his head, "My dear daughter, it is too late, I'm going to die soon."
 
"No! Please, don't leave me alone!" cried Kalinka in anguish.
 
"You won't be alone Kalinka, Blues will be with you." said Cossacks, and turned his head to look at Blues, "Blues, take good care of my daughter, with my blessings."
 
Blues nodded, "I will, your majesty."
 
Cossacks smiled, and finally his eyes closed and he died.
 
"Father!" Kalinka cried in anguish over her father's dead body.
 
After a minute, Blues stood up and helped Kalinka to her feet. "Let's go Kalinka, it isn't safe to stay here. I made a promise to your father, I promised that I would take care of you, and I will."
 
Kalinka nodded and wiped her tears, "You're right Blues, I have to be strong. For my father and for my homeland."
 
The two of them started to run away again.
 
=====================
 
To be continued.
 
Enemies featured in this chapter: Hardman, from Mega Man 3, Metalman, from Mega Man 2 and Frostman, from Mega Man 8.
 
Persona (lucasliso22@datafull.com)