MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ MegaMan.EXE : Shield Saga ❯ Prologue - Bloodmoon Rising ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
MegaMan.EXE - Shield Saga
by Wazuki Orochi

Prologue - Bloodmoon Rising

In the Official Center at the Marine Harbor of Electopia, a young man was standing in front of a large console. The small room was loaded with computational machinery from wall to wall, with a large glowing shere in the center with a concole in front of the orb. The man had on lab coat, with short fire-colored hair accenting a thin black pair of glasses that shone white opon the light of the central orb. Dr. Hikari was with him, also in a lab coat as he went over some numbers.

"Vin, are you sure this will work?", the fire-haired doctor looked at Dr. Hikari quizzically.

"Hirari...are you also going to say my theory is inane? The 'Viral Reconfiguration'?", Dr. Hikari laughed, "No, no of course not Dr. Renvoi, all I'm saying is that this procedure may jeopordize the Internet!"

Dr. Vin Renvoi glared at him as he pointed a finger at Dr. Hikari, "Listen, Hikari. Listen well what I am to say. Viruses, although dangerous, are also programs in a sense that they are allowed to do basic functions of a program, which is following a set command."

Dr. Hikari nodded, "Yes, yes you're right."

Dr. Renvoi made out a small chuckle as he paced around the orb, showing various viruses, "Now then it is possible to 'rewrite' a program, as in to give it another order, correct?"

"Correct."

"In a sense, all we have to do is simply find a virus, quarantine it, and give it new commands. I can't believe the other scientists laughed at my theory! I'll show them, I'll show them the glory of the Renvoi name..."

Dr. Hikari ran over to Dr. Renvoi, "Vin, don't you see the flaw though? What if the reconfigured viruses can still infect or destroy? With time, Dr. Orochi may be..."

"I don't need that old dust pile pointing out the fatal flaw in my equation. THIS is the solution, Dr. Hikari.", he pointed to the Orb, displaying a blank Net Navi frame.

"A...are you mad!? That's a..."

"Yes, I know what it is. Although they are viruses, they will obey new orders. In case of the outbreak though, I am creating this Net Navi, with the combined power of every single virus on the Internet. A sentinel...no...an Avatar to my power. Eternel Etre..."

Dr. Hikari looked up as each virus was injected into the Net Navi frame, alarms blared as 'WARNING' was displayed on the orb.

"Renvoi! What have you done!?", Dr. Hikari was looking at him, shocked at what the Doctor might do. Dr. Renvoi was just looking up at the orb grinning, "Yes my avatar...come out and play...rend this pathetic Net apart, leave the world in wake of blood and death...", he spun around to face Dr. Hikari, "And now...Dr. Hikari, your son...he's eighteen now right? Heh, how hilarious that he and MegaMan could still be a problem to me.", as the Navi was still mutating, Vin shoved a black PET covered in silver steel and blood stained bone into the jack in port, "Now to take what you yourself helped me to create. Eternel Etre was also designed with knowledge of all known Net Navis as a security protocol, thank you for providing me with a hit list."

"Bastard, I was only one to belive you! And this is what you...", Dr. Hikari's words fell flat as Dr. Renvoi got out a handgun out of his coat, "Not one word leaves this room. I quit the ONB, and I left for places unknown. The experiment was a failure. This is what you will tell the police, or I will come and kill your wife, your son, and then you." Dr. Renvoi then walked out of the lab, into the night where a black helicopter with a red moon with an inverted cross burned into it was displayed in red paint on the side, "Long live Bloodmoon Dr. Hikari, it was a pleasure decieving your little country." The copter then flew off into the night, Vin's laughter could be heard as a latex mask and a fire-colored wig fell onto the pavement.

"W...what have I done...?", was all Dr. Hikari could mutter out.