MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ my life ❯ Chapter 2

[ A - All Readers ]
He figured a majority of the base's residents were in recharge still, and he would thus have plenty of room to wander around without anything to interrupt his thoughts.
As Dark Hound stepped onto the elevator at the end of the hallway, he hit the button to send it upwards. Sighing, he leaned against the elevator's wall. Even after a year, everything he could remember about his life was still so sad he could remember the one thing that meant most to him...Siren.
Chief among those things was X. He could remember X. Or things about him, anyway. He could remember fighting alongside the blue Reploid, knowing the strength that he held, and that he was a great friend Dark. He knew enough to know that Copy X was a copy just by laying eyes on him. Even if Ciel hadn't explained everything beforehand, Dark was certain he would have known.
Other than that, his heart was sore ever since, he loved her and she loved him... they were even going to get married. They were so close, and yet he couldn't see her anymore. It frustrated him to no end, but at the same time, he wondered if there were things about his past that he didn't want to remember...
The elevator came to a stop, and Hound stepped off. He hadn't realized which floor he was going to until that point, realizing it to be the one where central command and labs were located. Just wandering without any aim, he entered the command room to find that it, much like everything else, was pretty dimly lit. The only light came from the glow of various active monitors tracking various signals. The operators that ran the systems weren't there, and the room was thus void of any sentient life.
Standing in the center of the room, where the Trans-Server was situated, Dark stared up at the largest screen, which held a map of the world. Involuntarily, the warrior found one of his fists clenching. The territories held by Neo Arcadia were clearly outlined on the map... and that very easily covered a majority of the world. Outside of that, Dark knew that the rest of the world had been ravaged to an almost unsalvageable level from the Maverick and Elf Wars.
Looking at that gave Dark an uneasy feeling. The thought that this force controlled so much of the world made their Resistance look almost pitiful in comparison. He couldn't help but wonder at times how they could possibly hope to really change the tide of things. He had defeated Copy X, and yet Harpuia rose up in his place. Any desire to take out Harpuia was thus something that Dark Hound just couldn't feel. He knew that if he did that, someone else would instantly rise back up. Neo Arcadia was far too large for that to not happen. 0
No, this war wouldn't end with force. It couldn't. He cast a gaze to the other door in the chamber, which led to both Cerveau's workshop and Ciel's lab. No matter how many weapons Cerveau created for Dark hound, it would only ever be enough to hold Neo Arcadia back a little bit. In the end, it would all have to lie on that human's shoulders.
Finding himself drawn in that direction, Dark came out into another hallway. Reaching the door to Ciel's lab, he opened it... and was quite surprised at what he found.
Ciel was sitting there, awake, and steadily working at her terminal. An empty pot of coffee sat to the side of where she worked, and she didn't even seem to notice Dark Hound as he entered. As the door shut behind him, he just stood there, staring at her in surprise.