MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Past, Present and Future ❯ The Plan ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3: The Plan

Dr. Wily slowly approached the ebony carcass, which was sprawled out on the floor before the castle. Treble had both paws on the corpse's chest, with his head in between. Frost Man was standing by Wily's side, shifting weight uncomfortably, and eyeing the gruesome sight.

"…Is he dead?" Frost Man asked stupidly.

"No, he looks like that because it's fun!" Wily snapped. "Of course he's dead!"

"Oh.... I'll get the shovel!" Frost Man declared, Wily smacked him in the back of the head.

"Shut up, I'm thinking!" Wily growled, and then suddenly grinned evilly. "This could be better then I thought.."

"Huh?" Frost Man asked.

"I needed extra parts anyway..." Wily said, more to himself then his obedient lackey. "Take him inside."

"But Boss.... he's scary lookin'...." Frost Man whimpered, eyeing the gory sight.

"Not as scary lookin' as I'm gonna be if you don't bring him to the castle right now!" Wily shrieked. Frost Man immediately ran over to Bass, Treble raised his head and bared his teeth. Frost Man backed away.

"N-nice doggy..." Frost Man blubbered. Treble gave a deep growl. Wily frowned, took out what looked like a small gun and shot a small neon red laser out of it at Treble, which hit him in the chest. He immediately collapsed as his systems shut down.

"Effective little toy, no? It activates a little 'safety device' I planted in all of my robots…just incase any of my robots wanted to turn on me," Wily said as he put the gun back into his pocket. "Now, bring them both back, I'm goin' to Burger King to get me a burger 'n some curly fries." Wily said as he walked away. Frost Man swallowed nervously and eyed the corpse again.

"How come I always hafta do the dirty work?" Frost Man whined....

As Rush landed before Dr. Light's lab, Mega Man immediately jumped off and dashed inside. Dr. Light was punching numbers into a large computer. A long wire came from the computer and was connected into Protoman's back. As far as the little blue robot could tell, Protoman was unconscious, but it was difficult to tell for sure because of the shades. Roll stood by the computer, worried sick.

"How is he?" Megaman asked as he slowed down to a walk over to the computer and peered over Dr. Light's shoulder. The computer had all sorts of odd symbols; he only vaguely understood what the symbols represented.

"The damages are not severe at all, as a matter of fact I've already completed his external repairs, however he has an imbalance. His systems are not functioning properly.." Dr. Light said, deep in thought. A sudden groan caused all three to glance in Protoman's direction. The eldest robot had one hand on the side of his helmet.

"What happened..? I feel like a truck hit me...backed up, then hit me again." Proto moaned. Mega grinned at his sibling's lovely description.

"Proto, there is an imbalance in your systems. It is best that I temporarily shut you down…" Dr. Light began to explain.

"No," Proto cut in.

"Why not?" Mega started to ask.

"Because I am not letting anyone screw with my systems. As of now, I have a free will and judgment, but that could be changed. I won't give anyone the opportunity to alter my programming. No one can touch me, not even you, Dr. Light," Proto said calmly, getting up. "And besides, it's nothing serious. Thanks anyway," Proto teleported away before anyone could stop him. Dr. Light shook his head sadly.

"He's always been so stubborn.." Dr. Light said. "Rock, I need you to come with me for a minute." The small robot nodded in comply. Megaman was still worried about his older brother. However he knew that there was nothing that could be done right now.

"Can I come too?" Roll asked.

"I'm sorry, Roll, this is very important. I can only show Megaman now." Dr. Light explained, Roll pouted. Then Dr. Light led the little blue robot into a small room with a large computer monitor latched onto the wall, right above a small desk with a keyboard and mouse on it. There was a chair pulled up to the desk. Except for the computer, desk, a large table in the center, and a small lamp that came from the ceiling, the room was empty. This was the room that Dr. Light used to design plans and build his robots. Dr. Light walked over to the computer and punched in a button. The computer asked for a password, which the old man promptly typed in, and the monitor showed what looked like plans for a robot.

"Megaman...." Dr. Light said softly. "For the last 6 months I have been working on specials plans to build a special type of robot. A robot with human emotions and incredible strength." Mega man gasped.

"Is that even possible?" Mega asked.

"I didn't think so 6 months ago, but after continuous study, I think it actually may be possible." Dr. Light said. "But at this time I feel it's dangerous to build such a robot, because I'm not sure how the robot will turn out. With human feelings and emotions, the robot might snap, become greedy, or worse. I plan to research more, but in the meantime I don't want you to tell anyone about this!"

"I won't, Doc, I promise." Mega Man swore. Dr. Light smiled. Niether of them noticed a fly that was sitting on the wall, the same fly that has been sitting there for the past 6 months....

Dr. Wily punched in buttons on a computer screen, telling the robot fly to zoom in on the computer screen and copy all of the information. He was alone in his lab, well...he wasn't alone if you counted Bass and Treble's bodies lying on the table in the center of the room. Dr. Wily printed the plans and saved them onto a disk, so that he had could print more if necessary. His 'Big Plan' was a success! He had all of the information, and HE shall build this incredible robot. He turned and walked over to Bass's body.

"I don't have enough parts to build the robot from scratch, so I will use you, my faithful servant, and re-design you as a 'reploid'...." Dr. Wily said, then broke off into evil laughter, which echoed through the walls around his castle, causing any robots inside the castle to shudder...