MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Past, Present and Future ❯ The Passage of Time ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Notes: This Chapter is going to explain what happens during the years that the new reploids sleep. Part 10 will be the start of the X series. This part is one of the most difficult chapters to do.

Chapter 9 The Passage of Time

During the first 15 years of the reploid's sleep, nothing much happened at all. As a matter of fact, it didn't seem like anything was going to happen, until that fateful day a man named Dr. Cain had dug up a large capsule from under the legendary Dr. Light's lab. The capsule was severely damaged but still intact. There was a note on it, which Dr. Cain read…

Name: Mega Man X

Creator: Dr. Light

Warning

Mega Man X has been sealed up in this capsule to ensure that he will not malfunction when he wakes up, and hopefully by the time he wakes up, technology will be advanced enough to build a working, non-malfunctioning reploid such as Mega Man X. He will not wake up until the year 2025.

There was a small note on the bottom of the letter;

Sadly, I doubt I will be alive long enough to see my son come out of the capsule. I feel my time will not be much longer then this. I plan to build upgrades for him. Hopefully they will be finished before I go. Take care of him.

Thomas Xavier Light

Dr. Cain gasped. This was a letter from the famous Dr. Light, who was said to have died by an explosion 15 years ago. Dr. Cain assumed that Mega Man X was the first reploid ever made, and at this time, the only reploid ever made....

For the next 4 years <1 year before Vile was supposed to wake up and 6 years before X was>, Dr. Cain created many reploids, using X as a model. All of the reploids seemed to be turning out wonderfully. They got along with humans well and malfunctions were rare and far between. Suddenly, though, out of the blue, reploids were going 'maverick', attacking and even killing humans, and running riots. During this time, a mysterious robot, whose number was 000, but was just called 'Zero', had been activated from Dr. Wily's lab. The lab was also in shambles, and Zero was not in a capsule when they found him, but instead was lying on the floor by the wall. He was probably thrown from the explosion all those years ago, yet it was said that he was found completely undamaged. Nothing much was known about him, only a few reploids even knew he existed <Dr. Cain was the only human who knew>, and the ones that did tried to keep him under wraps. Since he was such a powerful robot, they did not want to panic or worry the other reploids. This senseless killing and war suddenly turned for the worst <at least for the mavericks> when a team who called themselves the 'maverick hunters' showed themselves, lead by a powerful reploid named 'Sigma'.

After many months of battling <it was now about 2 months before Vile was suppose to awaken...>, Zero had taken out a whole hunter unit, and Sigma now had him cornered in an old warehouse. He was going to take out Zero here and now...

"Are you going by yourself, commander?" one of the reploids asked. He and a shorter reploid were standing by Sigma, in front of the warehouse.

"I don't want anymore of our people being sacrificed" Sigma said. Actually, I don't give a crap about them. I just want to take out that maverick by myself without you fools interfering!

Sigma walked into the building, the two reploids watching him sullenly. The reploids then heard cries, shrieks, blasts, laughing, and all sorts of goodies going on in that building.

"Should we go inside to help?" The other, shorter reploid asked the larger one.

"No..." The taller one replied. "He told us to wait here..."

After about 20 minutes of this fighting going on, both of the reploids were about to run in and help their commander despite their desire to follow his wishes, when suddenly, all of the shrieking stopped. They could hear the sound of footsteps coming out of the warehouse...it was Sigma! He was severely damaged, especially his face and his arm....

"Take...that red maverick....to the repair center...and call...Dr. Cain...." Sigma wheezed, "I wish...to have that maverick...studied..."

The maverick was brought back to Dr. Cain's lab. Cain tried to pry into his memory, but the maverick was completely amnesiac. He decided to repair him, hoping that the loss of his memory will bring him to the light.

Shortly afterwards, the two reploids that were with Sigma, and all the other reploids who knew of him were mysteriously killed. Finally while Sigma was being repaired he too was infected by the same virus that was believed to be the cause of all mavericks. So now only Sigma and Dr. Cain knew of Zero's blood soaked roots....

The war continued to rage, then Vile woke up...

End of Chapter 9