MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Reflections ❯ Reflections ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Reflections
By Gijinka Renamon
Disclaimer: I don't own Megaman Axess or “Figure .09” by Linkin Park, otherwise, I wouldn't be saying this, now would I?
(By the way, this story uses dubbed names, so if you don't like it, you can just go.)
 
 
The large caravan of helicopters made a very loud rat-a-tat-a-rat-at-ta-rat-a-tat noise as they flew through the blue skies to DenTech City.
 
Chaud Blaze sighed as he gazed sadly out the window, staring down at the azure ocean that stretched out beneath them. The mask of calmness and coldness he usually wore had slipped off, revealing the pain underneath.
 
Nothing ever stops all these thoughts and the pain attached to them
Sometimes I wonder why this is happening
It's like nothing I do can stop me when
I think of how I shot myself in the back again
`Cause from the infinite words I can say
I put all the pain you gave to me on display
But didn't realize, instead of setting it free
I took what I hated and made it a part of me
 
“Hey, are you okay?”
 
Chaud turned to look at his fellow Net Saver Lan Hikari, who was giving him a concerned look. Quickly, he slipped his mask back on to hide the suffering he felt on the inside.
 
“I'm fine.” He said firmly.

”I dunno, you seemed kinda upset back there…”
 
“I said I'm okay!”
 
The other boy moved back at the tone of his voice. “Okay, okay, geez…”
 
It never goes away
It never goes away
 
Chaud watched as Lan struck a conversation with his Net Navi, Megaman, and for the first time in his life, he felt… jealousy? Yes. That was what he was feeling.
 
He remembered, though it felt like long ago, that an evil Net Navi similar to the Darkloids had deleted Megaman, and afterwards, Lan became swallowed up in grief.
 
Back then, he hadn't even stopped to think about how the other boy had felt, but now he knew what it was like to loose someone you've known for a long time.
 
And although he'd never admit it, he almost envied Lan.
 
And now you've become a part of me
You'll always be right here
You've become a part of me
You'll always be my fear
I can't separate myself from what I've done
Giving up a part of me,
I've let myself become you
 
An hour later, the two of them found themselves in the office of Keifer, the head of the Net Savers. Mr. Famous stood in a corner, watching them silently. Keifer got up from his seat, and cleared his throat.
 
“As you know, it appears that Dr. Regal is behind all of this. Have you two learned anything else?”
 
“Yes.” Chaud heard himself speak, but to him, his voice sounded like it was coming from far away. “Dr. Regal planned to use the Dark Chips to corrupt the Darkloids and make them into his slaves. Then he would destroy them so no one would oppose his rule.”
 
“The Darkloid's leader, Shademan, figured it out, but Dr. Regal turned against him.” Lan added. “He somehow left when we weren't looking, but his NetNavi Laserman took down Shademan.”
 
Hearing your name the memories come back again
I remember when it started happening
I see you in every thought I had and then
The thoughts slowly found words attached to them
And I knew as they escaped away
I was committing myself to them and everyday
I regret saying those things and now I see that I
Took what I hated and made it a part of me
 
“And then what happened?”
 
“He destroyed the Dimensional Area generators that were onboard the ship,” Chaud continued, “And forced Shademan to log out, and then he vanished himself.”

”But Shademan wasn't done,” Lan put in. “He tried to make the engines blow up. Megaman and Protoman tried to stop him, but…”
 
Chaud swallowed hard and finished for him. “…He was too powerful. So I…used a Dark Chip.”
 
In the silence that followed, the words seemed to hang in the air like smoke.
 
It never goes away
It never goes away
 
“How could you?! You know those things are evil!” Famous shouted.
 
“He didn't have a choice!” Lan shouted back. “Megaman and Protoman were getting beaten up! And besides…” he said, his voice cracking slightly, “I would have used it myself, but Chaud stopped me. Protoman was able to give Megaman the power to defeat Shademan, but then he went crazy and ran off.”
 
There was more silence before Keifer spoke again. “Well, after all you told us, at least we have an idea of what Dr. Regal is planning. But at the moment, it seems that the fate of the world and humanity itself lies in your hands, Agent Lan Hikari.”
 
The boy swallowed hard at the thought of his great burden. Then he saluted Keifer, saying, “Yes Sir.”
 
Chaud said nothing, but merely looked down at his feet.
 
And now you've become a part of me
You'll always be right here
You've become a part of me
You'll always be my fear
I can't separate myself from what I've done
Giving up a part of me,
I've let myself become you
 
Sometime later, Chaud walked by himself along the streets of DenTech city after refusing to be driven home. The chatter of people on the streets seemed harsh upon his ears, forcing him to walk faster.
 
“Hey Chaud!” Surprised, he turned around and saw Lan running towards him.
 
“Lan?”
 
“I just came from the hospital. Anetta says she's really sorry about Protoman, and she says it's her fault because she worked with those guys.”
 
Chaud nodded stiffly. Months ago, a young girl named Anetta was at a hospital that was set on fire because of a virus. Her NetNavi, Silk, was deleted, and she thought Protoman was to blame. So she tried to get revenge by attempting to corrupt him with a Dark Chip.
 
Of course, Protoman had been corrupted anyway, so it didn't really matter.
 
It never goes away
It never goes away
It never goes away
It never goes away
 
But who really was responsible for the poison that was eating away at Protoman like a disease?
 
Of course. How could he have missed it!?
 
“No.”
 
The other boy looked up in surprise.
 
“It's not your fault.” Chaud said, clenching his fists. “It's Dr. Regal's. He's the one who made the Dark Chips. And I swear I'll make him pay!”
 
“Chaud…” Lan just stood there, watching him sadly.
 
Get away from me!
Give me my space back you gotta just
Go!
Everything comes down to memories of
You!
I kept it in, but I'm letting you
Know!
I let you go!
 
Once he returned home, Chaud ran up to his room and flopped on his bed, finally letting his mask fall off, salty tears running unchecked down his face.
 
It wasn't fair. It just wasn't fair.
 
He glanced out his window at the star-speckled ebony sky, and muttered, “Don't worry, Protoman, I'll cure you, I promise.”
 
And now you've become a part of me
You'll always be right here
You've become a part of me
You'll always be my fear
I can't separate myself from what I've done
Giving up a part of me,
I've let myself become you
 
Somewhere in the Net, in a dark citadel that practically oozed evil from every corner and every shadow, a certain crimson and black NetNavi looked up, the dark light glinting off his shades.

”Chaud-kun… ARGGGH!” He fell to his knees, clutching his head as a dark aura surrounded him. When it vanished, he stood up again, his mouth forming a cruel smirk.
 
“Heh. He'd better watch himself. Just because he was my Net Op. doesn't mean I'll go easy on him…” He cackled evilly, and a flash of red could be seen behind his dark-tinted glasses…
 
I've let myself become lost inside these thoughts of you
Giving up a part of me,
I've let myself become you!
 
OWARI
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Well, that's it. I think there's some OOCness, but hey, watcha gonna do?
 
Anyway, please leave a review; unless you don't like it, then you can just leave. I don't really know if this song fits, well, completely anyway.
 
By the way, the “-Kun” suffix is an honorific for boys to express familarity, normally used for close friends or someone of younger age. I figured it was appropriate, seeing as Chaud and Protoman are pretty close.