MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Sibling Rivalry ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 

 

 

He had all kinds of names. None of them fit him at all. The One Who Destroys Reploids, Red Demon… He was the first Maverick, the first in a race that Wily claimed would soon bring the Earth crashing to its knees. The first to carry the Maverick Virus, a program that was similar to an electronic flea bug. It was seen as purple smoke. The Infected's eyes often were violet in color.

None of the names the Maverick carried were horrible enough.

His eyes were violet. He was tall, taller than me, and I was a little taller than Mega Man. His armor was deep, brilliant red, and on his left shoulder was a painted letter "Z".

His name was Zero, and he was going to kill her.

And he thought it was funny.

Mega Man and I could only watch in paralyzed fear. He had already killed Treble moments before. The idiot dog had tried to protect Roll, and rushed at Zero, barking, snarling, and spitting. Zero had looked at him out of the corner of his eye and then, without even a thought, shot him. He killed my dog, my only friend, in an instant.

And he was laughing now. That bastard was laughing manically, enjoying the look of horror that I knew was on my face.

"You okay, fish?" Zero asked, "You look pale."

"Bass," I croaked, not even sure why I cared if he got my name right or not. I needed to be more concerned with other things right now, such as why the hell couldn't I move?!

Zero was holding Roll up by her waist, he was that tall. Of course, Roll was a little short, but still, that Maverick must've been at least six feet tall. I was about four something.

I was desperate at this point. I don't know why. But I didn't want him to kill her. I really wanted her to live. I raised my own arm cannon and aimed it at Zero's head, charging it up as high as I could. I might as well try to blow his head off first. It was better than just standing there watching like an idiot.

Zero laughed harder still, "Ooh, are you going to use your little toy on me?" he asked, "Decapitate me maybe? Gee, I'm scared, fish. Heh, heh, heh, heh…"

"I said my name is BASS!!!" I yelled. Mega Man just looked at me. Whatever. I didn't have time to deal with what he was thinking. I let the shot I held in my buster go, and it flew true. I would have decapitated Zero, had he not ducked suddenly.

"Dammit." I shouted, punching the wall of the lab, "Dammit!!"

Mega Man took a last shot too. When Zero ducked, he charged forward, ready with his own buster shot, but Zero stood up again suddenly, purposely swinging out and knocking Mega Man back into a computer terminal behind us.

"Too bad." He said, "Say bye-bye to your little friend."

"You asshole!!" I shrieked, "Put her down!" I then proceeded to call him something unprintable. Zero just laughed harder, and then scattered her parts across the lab with his buster.

"You're next." He said to Mega Man.

I don't know what his motive was. Possibly Wily had sent him to punish me for leaving him. Maybe Zero was just some schizophrenic. But I knew I was gonna somehow get my revenge on him. And Wily. I didn't care at this point what he wanted from doing what he had. What he was. He definitely wasn't finished.

I sent a storm of Buster shots at him. It would have been impossible for anyone to dodge all of them, so Zero didn't try.

He just let them bounce off of his armor. Uncharged shots were too weak to affect him.

That sucked bad, because I had no time to charge up again to save Mega Man. He was dead before I'd even finished processing the thought of charging up again. His parts joined Roll's on the floor.

"Go to hell!" I screamed at him, finally charged up again. He had for some reason allowed me that time. However I wasn't thinking clearly enough to realize that it was on purpose. I just wanted him dead. Gone, out of my face. Burning in oblivion. Whatever. I wanted his parts on the floor right where he'd put Mega Man and Roll's.

Zero laughed again, evilly. He dodged my final burst easily; stepping to the side. Then he charged forward and slammed me back into a wall, pressing a hand around my throat to keep me still.

"Fish, you have one chance. Take the Virus." Zero said, all serious, "And you'll live. Become a Maverick and you'll get a second chance."

"Never!" I snarled, "Take the Virus and let my free will be taken!? I'd rather you killed me!"

"Fine." Zero snapped back, his grin returning, "You die. Goodbye fish."

"B-Bass!" I corrected him shakily, trying to pry his fingers from my neck so I could breathe. He just laughed.

"Goodbye, Bass." He corrected himself, and pressed his buster against my chest, removing his hand from my throat and stepping back to avoid the recoil.

There seemed to be no way for me to escape. I resigned myself to the fact of my defeat, crushed because I wasn't the strongest robot, and that I could never become him.

But then something happened to Zero. His eyes went wide, and he backed away, holding his head as if it hurt him. A letter "W" suddenly glowed in the Amethyst gem on his helmet, and when it appeared, Zero yelled out in pain.

I didn't understand what was happening, but I was smart enough to get the hell outta there. I ran, yes, I ranaway, like a scared puppy. It was either that or stay and get my guts plastered to the wall.

And I was scared. I really was. So I ran away while Zero was busy malfunctioning or whatever he was doing. I hoped he was in pain. I really hoped he was in major pain…