MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Someone is Going to Die ❯ Happy Ending ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Netto and Enzan stood frozen on the stage looking for some way to escape. They had been caught again and there really wasn't anything they could do about it. So they stood there pretending to be happy while Netto had a quick conversation with Rockman.
 
/Come on, there has to be something, anything you can do, Rockman,/ Netto pleaded.
 
/I'm sorry, but Blues as I can't move, I don't think I could even send an e-mail right now,” Rockman said with a trace of panic in his voice.
 
/Wait, you said you don't know if you can send an e-mail or not. Can you?/ he asked.
 
/Well, I could try,/ Rockman said doubtfully. /But I'm not sure./
 
/Try, please,/ said Netto.
 
/Okay, to whom am I sending this letter?/ Rockman asked.
 
/Mejin-san, tell him we need help and,/ Netto began but Rockman cut him off.
 
/Netto-kun, we can't crossfuse,/ said Rockman quickly.
 
/I know that Rockman, I want him to come actually save us? If you can tell him to bring the police too, maybe we can still pull this off,/ Netto said.
 
/Okay, it might take awhile, though,/ said Rockman.
 
/Well, Enzan and I will be okay for awhile at least, hopefully you can send it fast enough,/
 
“And so, alas dear friends this party is coming to its end. I shall bid you all goodnight; I pray you all had a good time.” James said, giving a sweeping bow. Then he turned to Netto and Enzan, “However, I wish for you two to stay with me for the night. Surely I can't send such two young guests out into the night, especially since you have such a long drive.”
 
Enzan and Netto glared at him, “I think we should get going,” Enzan said coolly.
 
“But I insist, besides, even if you do leave, you won't get very far. I can assure you that,” he smiled venomously.
 
Netto and Enzan looked at each other; Netto gave the slightest nod of his head, which surprised Enzan. When James turned to say good bye to a guest Netto mouthed `I have a plan,' quickly so as to not alert James to what was going on.
 
Enzan gave his own quick nod and James turned his attention back to them. “So, what will it be?” he asked.
 
“Fine, we'll play by your rules, for now,” Enzan growled.
 
James clapped his hands together in an extravagant display of fake happiness. “Excellent!” he cooed, “I'll prepare the guest bedrooms immediately.”
 
/Come on Rockman, once we're back inside this place, I'm not sure if we can get out again./
 
/I'm sending the E-mail right now, it's taking a long time because my program is so damaged, I'm sorry Netto-kun./
 
/As long as it gets sent soon,/ Netto pushed.
 
/Five, four, three, two, one, and its sent. Now everything is in Mejin's hands,/ said Rockman.
 
/Oh yeah, I feel so much better now,/ Netto replied sarcastically.
 
~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~
 
Mejin looked at his computer screen and saw the e-mail from Rockman. “Well, it looks like they finally asked for help,” he chuckled. “So, let's get this wagon rolling!” he called to the driver of the large unmarked van he was in. “It's time to catch that kid you've been so desperate to get your hands on.”
 
The diver of the car chuckled. “Well, you'd be upset too if your most well guarded surveillance data was stolen from right under your nose,” he said in English.
 
Mejin nodded, “I suspected that your government had been having some problems with him for awhile now.”
 
The driver groaned, “And to think our job was done for us by two little kids.”
 
Mejin laughed, “Better not let them here you say that.”
 
“Well, I must say I'm impressed with the kids you have in the net saviors. They're like little geniuses, kinda scary in a way.”
 
“One of them is a genius in all aspects of the term, but the other is kind of hard to understand just how smart he really is,”
 
“Yeah, I have some people back home like that, ah well, we better go save them. At least my pride isn't a wounded anymore.”
 
“That's good to know, but theirs will be.”
 
The driver didn't reply but instead took off down the dark road. “We'll be there in five minutes,” he said quietly.
 
~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~
 
Netto and Enzan had been stalling as much as they possibly could, which was a lot, given the fact that they were fighting with everything they had now that all the guests were gone.
 
Netto strained against the tight grip of his captor as James watched with a straight face.
 
“You know, you two are making this much more difficult then it needs to be,” he sneered.
 
“Yeah right, jerk,” Netto said, “If there was a dimensional area here you'd all be done.”
 
“Ah, but there isn't, nor will there be. Just accept your defeat and we can move on with this little escapade.”
 
Netto heard the door rattle behind them and felt a glimmer of hope. /Rockman?/
 
/It's them, definitely, but their navi's can't get in,/ he said.
 
The others heard the door rattle too and the grip on Netto and Enzan was temporarily loose, which gave the two boys more then enough time to get free. They turned around just in time to see the door fly off its hinges and a man in black and Mejin come inside. “Wasn't that a little excessive?” Mejin asked in English.
 
James' eyes narrowed. “Everything stops here!” he yelled, also in English. Then he turned to Netto and Enzan and said in Japanese “Well, it's been fun, I hope to see you two real soon.” Then he ran out into a hallway and tightly sealed off the room.
 
“Well this is peachy,” muttered Enzan.
 
“Well, at least we know where we are,” Netto laughed. Everyone stared at him. “What?” he said.
 
“Only you would joke at a time like this, Netto-kun,” said Rockman, but he didn't sound upset about it.
 
“Well, I'm glad to know you two are safe,” Mejin said in Japanese. “Now, care to explain what just happened?”
 
Netto shrugged, “We actually don't have any clue.”
 
The driver of the car looked puzzled. “I thought the agents you sent in we're two boys,” he said.
 
Mejin smiled, “He is.”
 
The driver looked a little surprised and Netto turned a few shades of red. “Mejin-san, do you have a laptop?” he asked in Japanese.
 
Mejin nodded and handed Netto the larger computer. Netto took it and sat down on the ground placing it in his lap and turning it on.
 
“What's he doing?” the agent asked.
 
“My navi was damaged when he tried to retrieve the data so I'm repairing him to we can get out of here, unless you can pull off another break in like the one you did before,” Netto said in perfect English.
 
“Netto, since when can you speak English?” Enzan asked (in English as well) a little surprised.
 
“I've known for awhile,” he said, plugging in Rockman. “Rockman, can you go into sleep mode?” Rockman did so and he started to type furiously screens coming up to tell him where the most damage was. “I learned when I traveled with Papa before I went to school.”
 
Enzan blinked, “Oh, can I use the computer after you?”
 
Netto nodded and continued to fix his navi, his own fatigue also being lifted as their link became stronger with the data repairs. Finally he unplugged his PET and handed the laptop to Enzan. “Are you okay, Rockman?” he asked his navi in Japanese.
 
“I'm fine, now. Thanks Netto-kun, but after this we'll need to go to Papa,” Rockman replied.
 
“Think you can get us out of here?” Netto asked.
 
“I can try!”
 
“All right then! Plug in, Rockman.exe, transmission!” he yelled. The thin red beam went into the door and Rockman saw that the door was being shut with viruses.
 
“Netto-kun, mostly metool here,” Rockman said, after scanning to programs.
 
“Okay then, sword battle chip, slot in!” he pushed in the small chip and Rockman went to work.
 
Enzan stood up and walked over next to Netto handing the laptop on his way over. The solder stood in silence as he watched them word and Mejin smiled, they had certainly come a long way.
 
“Plug in, Blues.exe, transmission!” he yelled, and Blues appeared next to Rockman.
 
“Need some help?” he said.
 
“I wouldn't mind it,” Rockman said.
 
Blues opened his default sword program and started to slash at the viruses. Rockman pulled out his Rock Buster and began firing as well.
 
“Almost there,” Netto said.
 
Blues deleted the last virus and took a scan of his surroundings. “All clear, Enzan-sama.”
 
Enzan nodded, “Good work Blues.”
 
“Done here too, Netto-kun!” called out Rockman.
 
“All right!” Netto cheered, “Great job!”
 
The door opened and they ran through. “Let's just hope we're not too late,” said Mejin.
 
~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~
 
Netto and Enzan ran through the door way closely followed by the agent and Mejin. Netto looked at his surroundings and groaned. “Man, we just got out of here!” he said.
 
“Yes, but now we have a general map, thanks to Blues,” said Rockman.
 
“General?” The agent asked in Japanese.
 
“Unfortunately for us, this place has more security then some of your own government buildings,” said Blues. “I can't make a map of more then a general guess at what the building's blueprints are.”
 
“Well that's just… perfect,” said Netto.
 
“I'm afraid I can't offer anything better. At the very least we won't get caught by any more security robots,” said Blues.
 
“Well, that's a relief,” said Rockman.
 
Netto rolled his eyes and looked around at the stark white hall. “Well Blues, point us where they went.”
 
“Go down this hall until you reach the tenth hallway on the right side,” he said.
 
Mejin looked at the agent, “You got that?” he asked in English.
 
“Ummm, he said ten hallways down the right?” he asked.
 
Mejin laughed, “Close enough. Enzan, how about you guide us?”
 
Enzan nodded and took the lead, Netto followed close behind and made sure on his PET that Blues was getting all the right information.
 
“Wow, those two are quite a pair,” the agent said to Mejin in a low tone so that Netto and Enzan couldn't hear.
 
“Two of our best, but don't tell them that, especially Netto, he tends to let some of this go to his head,” Mejin laughed quietly.
 
“Next directions please?” Rockman asked.
 
“Go down about three feet, there is a light panel of wood that should be a hidden door,” said Blues.
 
Netto blinked and looked at the wall, he blinked. “I see nothing,” he said.
 
“Hold up the PET towards the wall and let me scan it,” said Rockman.
 
Netto obliged and let the infrared beam wash over the whole wall. Rockman looked at the screen that popped up in front of him and zoomed in on the picture. “Try about five centimeters above the wall paper as far left to the hallway entrance you can get,” he said.
 
“And do… what?” asked Netto.
 
“How about pushing it,” said Enzan, following Rockman directions and pushing where he thought it might be.
 
He pushed and everyone waited with baited breath. After about a minute of nothing happening Netto clapped, “Wow, great job there Enzan,” he said sarcastically.
 
“Well why don't you try?” asked Enzan.
 
“Maybe it doesn't work, you tried and nothing happened. What am I supposed to do? Wave my hand in front of it and say open up?” he asked waving at the wall, “Because I'm sure that will…” Before he could finish his rant the wall opened up and Netto stood there speechless.
 
“I have no idea how you did that, but good work,” said Mejin clapping Netto on the shoulder.
 
“Right…” said Netto, climbing into the hole. “Well, is anyone else coming?” he asked.
 
Everyone else followed and a light came on as soon as Netto climbed all the way into the hidden hallway. “Now where do we go?” asked the agent.
 
“Well, this is the tricky part,” said Blues.
 
“Let me guess, this part has no map or direction,” said Netto.
 
“Unfortunately, yes,” said Blues.
 
“So, for all intents and purposes this could be a trap,” said Enzan.
 
“Unfortunately, yes,” said Blues.
 
Netto rolled his eyes, “Well, what are we waiting for?” he asked.
 
Mejin smiled, “That's the spirit! Let's get moving people,” he said going down the brightly lit hallway.
 
Netto blinked, “Mejin obviously has no prowess in recognizing sarcasm,” he said to Enzan.
 
“I don't think he realized you could be sarcastic,” said Enzan.
 
“Well, I think I could use that to my advantage,” Netto said grinning.
 
“Netto-kun, be nice!” Rockman chided him.
 
~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~
 
“Okay, now that we've been in here for ten minutes, I think I can safely say we're not in the mansion anymore,” said Netto.
 
“No, really?” asked Enzan, getting a little touchy. “I never would have guessed,” he said.
 
“Geez, is your costume rubbing you the wrong way or something?” Netto asked.
 
“Actually, yes, so I would like to get this mission over with and go home and sleep in until 8,” he said.
 
Netto looked at him but it was the agent that spoke up, “Geez kid, you're idea of sleeping in is 8 am?”
 
“Of course, I'm normally up at 6,” he said.
 
“Enzan has no idea how to relax,” Netto explained.
 
Before Enzan could reply, Mejin put his finger to his lips making sure that everyone quieted down.
 
Ahead they could hear voices and Netto and Enzan recognized the unmistakable drawl of James. “Come on, they can be on our tail at any minute, we're almost out of here,” he said.
 
“Well, I think he's right about at least one thing,” Netto whispered.
 
“Wait, let's wait until they lead us outside before we attack,” said Blues. “That way we won't get trapped in here.”
 
“Good idea,” said Rockman.
 
Everyone else nodded and agreed silently and continued to follow the trail of voices out until they couldn't hear them anymore. However they saw the darkness start to lighten up and they felt the cold night air.
 
“Well, this is it,” said Netto.
 
~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~
 
Netto and Enzan climbed out into the night and came face to face with James, “Hello, friends,” he smiled.
 
Netto glared at him, “Hello,” he said tightly.
 
“Did you really think you could follow me without being detected by my equipment?” he asked.
 
Netto glared at him and saw Mejin hide in the trees in the corner of his eye. “I thought we might have had a chance,” he said.
 
Enzan watched for the agent, and gave a sigh of relief when he hid in the grove of trees near where Mejin was. The small forest that they came out into was the perfect place to hide a getaway car, and if need be, agents for a trap.
 
“Well, I'm afraid that you just didn't cut it this time kids,” Jason said with a sneer.
 
Netto smiled, trying not to loose his temper. “Oh really?” he asked.
 
Enzan elbowed him and Rockman said to him, /Not yet Netto-kun, Mejin and his friend need to set up the trap first./
 
/Rockman, this guy is driving me crazy. Asking me to hold my temper is not and easy thing to do,/ he said in return.
 
/Then just keep on talking to me and ignore him, when Mejin gives the signal, then you can start the trap,/ said Rockman.
 
/Thank god, where is Mejin anyway?/ asked Netto.
 
/I'm not quite sure, maybe he's gone deeper then we think?/ replied Rockman.
 
The entire time Netto and Rockman were having their mental chat, Jason talked. Too full of himself to notice the disappearance of his own two guards, he talked himself deeper and deeper into the trap slowly being set by Mejin and the agent.
 
“So, are you two quite done with you escape attempts?” he asked in a sweet voice.
 
Netto looked behind Jason and saw a quick flash of light, followed soon after two others. Netto smiled coyly and said, “I think you're the one who needs to escape,” he said.
 
/That was worse then anything any James Bond movie could cook up, Netto-kun,/ said Rockman, sniggering.
 
/Shut up, Rockman./
 
Jason looked around for his guards and saw that they had long since been taken out. Then he didn't even talk but turned around and bolted into the forest.
 
Mejin and the agent came out and stood by Netto and Enzan, “How long do you give him?” asked Enzan.
 
“I give him 20 yards before he gets caught in the tree net, he'll see the trip rope for sure,” said the agent.
 
Soon after they heard a cry and cursing in English as James was caught in exactly the trap the agent predicted.
 
Netto went over to where he was hanging from the tree and whistled, “Nice call,” he said.
 
~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~
 
Netto and Enzan watched James get led into the international police car. “Well, that was a whole lot worse then it should have been,” said Netto.
 
“I agree with that,” said Enzan. “I'm looking forward to a long bath and the weekend.”
 
“I agree,” said Netto.
 
The agent came over and clapped Netto and Enzan on their shoulders, “You did good work kids. I look forward to seeing what you do in the future.”
 
Netto and Enzan bowed politely, “Thank you,” they said simultaneously.
 
“Bye,” he said, giving them a wink and getting into the car that held James.
 
“I will get you two,” hissed James through the cracked window. “No one outsmarts me, especially not a girl.”
 
Netto rolled his eyes, “Okay, one where you going, you won't be getting anyone. Two, I'm a boy,” he smiled sweetly at the stunned face of James as the car rolled away.
 
Enzan chuckled and put a hand on Netto's shoulder, “I bet that felt good to say,” he said.
 
Netto smiled, “You have no idea.”
 
~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~
 
At 3:35 in the morning Netto walked into his silent house more tired then he had been in a long time. He went upstairs being careful to not wake up his mother and walked quietly into his room.
 
He carefully placed his PET into the slot and set Rockman's program into stasis mode. “Night Rockman,” he said.
 
“Night Netto-kun,” Rockman replied right before falling asleep.
 
Netto struggled out of the death dress and put on his far more comfortable pajamas. Then he disdainfully threw the heap of chiffon and silk into a corner of the room. He glared at it right before he crawled between the sheets of his bed.
 
He pulled the sheets over his head and fell asleep almost as soon as his head hit the pillows. However as he was putting his head down he thought about visiting Enzan the next day.
 
Why not, it was the weekend after all.