MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Strings of Fate ❯ The Lowdown ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's Note: Once again, I would like to make everyone aware of one fact-right now, Axl, X and Zero are OOC. The problem will be fixed shortly. This is a project that was finished several months ago, and was posted on Fanfiction.net. There were no virus problems in X7, but once again, this is my version of X7. Thank you for your time.
 
“Yeah, the Red Alert Syndicate.” Axl said sadly, frowning. He turned to Signas, putting his arms behind his back shyly. “I left because things were gettin' out of hand. Red was startin' some pretty bad stuff back there, so I had to jet. Now I'm a `traitor'.”

“Won't they be after you, Axl?” Douglas asked him worriedly.

Alia's eyes lit up with distress and sympathy. “And what about this Red?” she inquired. “What's he doing? Did he do anything to you?”

Axl felt safe and secure-all of them were concerned about his safety. They were very friendly-no need to worry about anything at all. “I pissed them off pretty badly. I'm sure they're trying to get at me right now, and they're not gonna stop until they do. They're probably hunting for me even as we speak. They're not gonna waste any time in tryin' to get me back-I was pretty important.”

“So they're going to end up here?” Signas asked, ready for anything. Feeling a little awkward, Axl kept his eyes on the ground and hands behind his back. “Yeah...” he murmured, pretty embarrassed about the whole situation he was in. Before everything was cool, but now that he had to explain himself, things were a little off-he felt ashamed of himself because of his intentions.

“They're gonna do whatever they have to do to get me back. They need me.”

The level of tension increased intensely and silently. Alia exchanged glances with Signas, Signas looked at Douglas, Douglas looked at Alia, and X-

“Zeroooooo! Zero Zero Zero Zero-“

“X, quit it. I said not now.”

General Signas laughed at the happy little puppy jumping all over Zero. “Hahahaha! Apparently X seems to be all right with all of this!” He folded his arms and nodded. “I am too. This Red Syndicate you speak of sounds like a lot of trouble. We'd better be prepared for anything that comes our way.” Axl was astonished-were they actually willing to let him stay? He couldn't believe what he was seeing or hearing. “Ummm.” he said softly, still staring at the ground. “What about me? I came here to fight with you guys- are you actually gonna let me stay here?”

X looked at him as if he had gone insane. “Yeah! Of course we are! You've got nothing to worry about, Axl!”

“X is right. We can't just throw you out of here if you're in trouble!” Alia rang in with a smile, her eyes bright like stars. “That wouldn't make any sense! We couldn't call ourselves true Maverick Hunters if we did. We're supposed to protect those in need!” She gave an exuberant thumbs-up to Douglas, and Douglas winked at Axl amiably.

“Just stick with us. We'll straighten things out.”

“Are....you....absolutely...serious...?”
Zero narrowed his eyes at Axl strangely, wondering why the young Axl was speaking in such a slow tone. X frowned at Axl in confusion, trying to figure out the same thing. “Yeah!” the little puppy cheered vibrantly.

“Then....I've got something to ask....”

“Well, shoot. We don't have all day, you know.”

That voice belonged to Dr.Cain-he had just entered the room a minute ago and overheard Axl. Receiving a smile from Signas, he folded his arms and joined the conversation. “Not everyone is as young as you, Axl.”

“....”

It was like waiting for a volcano to erupt.

“.....can.....I....be.....a....Hunter?”

“What-“X shrank back in surprise, but before he could say anything else, Axl was on him, tugging on his arm desperately. The little Blue Bomber's eyes were wide, shimmering jewels of blue starmist as Axl begged and pleaded with him over and over-

“Please please please please please please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me be a Maverick Hunter!!!!!!!!!! I've heard so many stories about you and Zero and you guys SOUND SO TOTALLY COOL!!!!!!!! PLEAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!'

“Hey! Why are you asking me?!”

“Please please please please-“

“Hold on there, Axl!” Signas held out a hand for silence, laughing warmly at the newcomer with twinkling eyes. “Not just anyone can be a Hunter. You know that, don't you?”

“Yeah, I KNOW BUT I REALLY WANNA BE ONE!!!! I'LL MAKE A REALLY GOOD ONE, I SWEAR!”

Zero smiled at the frantic newcomer-he was worse than X. “Geez, you're just as bad as my friend.” he told the newcomer warmly. “Calm down. We can't make you a Hunter right off the bat-we just don't make any regular joe that walks in a Hunter right off the bat. But we'll take you under our wing, okay?”

“Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

“Okay! Get off of me!”

“When do we start, huh?! I've got to get my Hunter skills so I can KICK RED ALERT BUTT!!”

Great, Zero thought. Now I get to look after two puppies instead of one.

A warm current of sunlight soared over his heart and dropped into his soul, feeling just like the light of a new day. Alia laid her hand down on Axl's shoulder to get him to shut up, pretending to be tired of his enthusiasm.

“Hey. Can you bring it down a bit and give us some info your old friends? We would really appreciate it.”

“Yeah.” Axl got off of Zero and became serious again. “I can do that. No prob.”

“No prob...” Cain muttered under his breath, his eyes twinkling like the jewels of a newborn heaven. He gently nudged his dear friend Signas.

“Looks like we've got another kid on our hands.”

“You've got that right.” The general of the Maverick Hunters said, smiling.