MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Strings of Fate ❯ Emotions ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The three friends, lost within the grips of deadly silence, made it back into the main room of the base after five minutes, but to Axl, five years had passed. The emotions blazing within his soul had caused time to lose its meaning....but time had also become his greatest enemy. It was a strange feeling, being lost in something that had no meaning......but he could do nothing to stop the emotions from rising within him.....
“Axl!! Don't leave me!!! We need you here! I need you here!!”
“Sorry Red, but things have gotten out of hand. I can't stay here anymore.”
“Just wait and see. Everything will be set right! I promise you! Just stay with me...and do as I ask! I need your help, Axl!”
“Red, you aren't acting like the Red I know. The Red I know is honorable and proud. He would never throw himself at ANYONE'S feet. You're just being disgusting.”
“......Axl. Nothing has changed. You know that. Please...don't leave me.”
“HOW DARE YOU TURN YOUR BACK ON ME, YOU UNGRATEFUL LITTLE WRETCH!!”
“I don't like what's going on, Red. I don't like what you've become. I don't like having anyone kiss my feet-I really don't like anything that's going on right now.”
Just a few seconds ago....he was a part of the Red Alert......
He was a part of Red's life.....a very important part.....
And now he was with Mega Man X and Zero, the world famous Maverick Hunters....
Trying to figure out the perfect cure for Zero's virus.
Red..........
What happened to you?
You changed.......you turned on me...
But I'm the traitor?
I've lost you.......
It's like.......you've been replaced by an evil clone or something.....
Things weren't like this.....before.......
“AXL!”
The young Reploid snapped back to reality in an instant, and realized that he was in between his two friends, and right in front of Alia. Sheepishly, he looked about him the way a baby would look at its new home for the very first time, and smiled.
“Heh heh, sorry about that. Guess I kinda zoned out on you guys.”
X's mood hadn't changed a bit. He looked at his new friend worriedly, still feeling awful about the new burden on the young runaway's shoulders. “Axl, I take it you didn't hear a world Alia said.” he said to him firmly, his eyes shining like lightning. Tender concern was lingering within the beautiful eyes of the blue Maverick Hunter like soft spring winds.....Zero's face was also filled with soft concern....
And confusion.
Something was going on between X and Axl.....and it was something he didn't know about.
Yet.
“Yeah, you're right.” Axl admitted embarrassedly, laughing. “Didn't hear anything. Anyone mind bringing me up to speed? Heh heh!”
Playfully, Zero put a hand over his eyes, sighed heavily and hung his head. The breathtaking Alia decided to give the young Reploid everything he had missed, since X looked like he was trying to figure out why Axl had zoned out.....
“All right. Tornado Tonion has seized one of the world's biggest radio towers, and from that tower he's sending out messages to other Mavericks across the globe. He should have his flame snuffed out first, so we can prevent a huge wave of Mavericks from attacking. Be careful out there, my friends-weather reports say that it isn't looking too hot out there. There's a huge thunderstorm going on in that very area, so tread carefully. Once you arrive, you'll encounter a huge Mechanloid. Go right for his head-that's his weak point. Head for the very top of the tower and you'll find Tonion. Got it, Axl? Got that, everyone?”
X's response was the response of a dutiful soldier......but it was also the response of a person being forced to throw away his life savings on a casino game.
“Right.”
Zero's voice was filled with the mysterious, beautiful aura of twilight.....it poured out great determination and bravery....but at the same time....it was filled with sadness....unbreakable sadness....
“Got it.”
Axl was ready and kickin'. The young Reploid's face shamed even the brightest star among the heavens.....but X could tell that a lot was on his mind.
“You bet! Let's get out there, you guys! Time waits for no one! Yeeha!”
Alia saluted him with a smile. She had never seen such enthusiasm before. Axl's vivacity captivated her. “Well, you've got the personality of a Maverick Hunter!” she said to him, her ravishing eyes shimmering with sunlight. “Let's see if you've got what it takes to fight like one!”
Valiance entered Axl's eyes the way a lightning bolt struck the dark horizon.
“Don't worry-I'll show you what I've got up my sleeve. Those punks don't have a chance against me.”
Within a second, the young Reploid was gone. X lowered his head and stare at the ground for a moment, unable to take his mind off of the conversation he had with the young one. Zero looked at his best friend fearfully, trying to figure out what was bothering him.....
“X, what's on your mind?”
Those very words triggered the desire to spill everything, but X stopped himself in the nick of time. He looked up at his dearest friend, sighed and spoke.
Everyone was sighing a lot these days.
“Nothing. It's just that....Axl has a lot to worry about, y'know. I guess I'm just worried about him, that's all. I mean, did you see the look on Red's face during the transmission Alia pulled up?”
“Yeah.....he did look pretty freaky. I never thought I would see anyone as ugly as Sigma, but I guess I was wrong. Oh well.”
“And....I guess.....I'm.....worried about you....too.”
Zero's eyes widened at those words, and a small gasp left his mouth. He looked at the crestfallen Hunter, wanting to say something to him.....but.....
“X.....”
A warm smile bloomed on the blue Maverick Hunter's face. He looked over at Alia, who was also lost in sorrow and pain. She had heard the brief conversation between Zero and X, she saw the look on X's face....
Her heart was hurting. Badly.
“Well then. Alia?”
“Yes?” she said, making an attempt to smile. X saluted her, and then gave her a wink.
“I guess I'll see you later.”
A second later, he teleported from the Maverick Hunter base, leaving Zero and Alia behind. Lost in silence, the two of them exchanged glances.
Both of them felt as if they had been defeated a million times.
Alia put a hand over her eyes, ran that hand over her face, and then slammed her forehead onto her station's table. Zero stared at the floor for a moment.
Everyone was feeling lost these days.
“So, you're going too, right?” Alia asked him sadly after what felt like a year. He smiled at her weakly.
“Yeah, I'm out. Check ya later, Ali.”
“byeeeeeeeee. report back soon.”
The Crimson Flame teleported in no more than a second, and Alia was left with her own blazing emotions.
This was the lowdown.
Zero was on his last legs,
Mega Man X, the Reploid she fell in love with on first sight, was about to lose his best friend,
And her new friend, Axl, was on the run, trying to escape the clutches of psychotic freaks.
Life was great.
Ha ha.
This sucks........
--Hi everyone!!! Hope you're still enjoying the story, yuppie yuppers!!!