MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Trouble With Insolent Nekos ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

For once Netto woke up without any loud disruptions from his navi and brother Rockman. The blue clad navi was still sound asleep when Netto checked on him, his green eyes we're not visible while he was in stasis mode and Netto was grateful. For once Rockman couldn't yell at him.
 
As Netto went to the bathroom he sighed, it seemed it was going to be a long day. His sore body told him that he probably shouldn't have played video games till one in the morning.

As he entered the bathroom steam poured out making Netto wince a bit. The mirror in the bathroom was fogged from his mom's shower 10 minutes prior to his entrance but Netto could still make out some of his features. His normally somewhat tame, brunette hair was messier than usual. Though Rockman would tell him that his hair was always messy, he has never seen it stick up like that before. Netto brushed his teeth and sighed, definitely a long day ahead.

After Netto had finished brushing his teeth he reached for his hair brush and started to tackle his hair. As he started to brush the messier parts he noticed something odd in the mirror. As the steamed mirror finally started to defog Netto leaned forward to take a closer look in the mirror.
 
His chocolate eyes widened as he saw what he thought was hair twitch. But upon closer inspection he found that it wasn't particularly messy bed hair, what he found was ears. Not daring to believe what he saw he whirled around away from his reflection, taking a peak back he also saw something else that wasn't there the night before.

"ROCKMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNN!"

Rockma n, two rooms over heard Netto's cry and shook his head wondering what Netto had done this time. Always in some kind of trouble or another, Rockman briefly wondered if his twin was hurt. As he heard the thumping footsteps head towards him, he quickly ruled out that Netto was hurt or his PET would have told him so.

"Netto-kun...." he said shaking his head.

Then Netto came dashing into their room, his ears were flat and his tail was limp. He looked like he was about to cry as Rockman slowly took it in. Netto, cat, ears, tail, these words together didn't make much sense to Rockman, but neither did the idea of why the Neko Virus was made in the first place.

Rockman almost but not quite laughed, at the absurdity of it all.

"But how could you get this. I mean you're a human.... unless....."

"Unless what?" asked Netto quickly. Whatever his brother could answer might get his closer to being cured.

"Well, maybe when I got infected with the Neko virus you got it too through our link. Then again why didn't it show up till now? Or better yet, why didn't you get it with us?"

"Well...."

"Maybe, it was dormant cause your body system's human. Or maybe everyone has it. Maybe...."

Netto was starting to get ticked off.

"How about we figure out the now and go see dad or something." he asked irritably.

"Netto-kun! You have school!"

Netto's ears flattened against his head and he stared straight into the PET. "You really think I'm going to school like this?" he hissed

Rockman sweatdroped and nervously shook his head no.

"Call dad and tell him there's an emergency and I need to see him now. I'm going to try to get changed so I can go out into public."

Rockman finally let himself the repressed giggle and made out the e-mail. While Netto tried in vain to make his shorts comfortable Rockman got a reply rather quickly.

Dear Netto and Saito,

If the emergency is so bad that you need to see me now I will wait for you in my office. Tell Netto that he needs to come by the stairs though because of construction.

P.S. ~

Tell your mother I'm coming home tonight.

Love,

Your Father

Netto finally came out having gotten fed up with it all and cut a hole in his shorts.

"Not a word." he said

Rockman smiled and went into the offered link.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

"IT'S RAINING! Thank you someone!" Netto pranced in the drizzle in his raincoat and hat smiling and laughing.

People stared at him and walked away quietly.

"Netto-kun, you're supposed to be in school! Keep a low profile please!"

"Awwww, you worry too much!" he said

'Why me?' thought Rockman

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

Netto pranced up the stairs to his father's office and quietly knocked on the door.

"Papa?"

"I'm here Netto-kun."

"Papa! I am soooo glad to see you."

"What's wrong Netto you look fine to me."

Netto sighed and put Rockman into the server. "Well, you see...."

He slowly pulled off the hat and shrugged off the coat.

Yuuichihirou's first reaction was to pull on the ears to make sure they were real.

"Ow! Stop that!" Netto's ears went back and he hissed slightly. Then he blushed. "I.... I'm sorry...."

Yuuichihirou on the other hand was in a state of shock. "How..."

Rockman piped up "We think maybe the Neko Virus was somehow dormant in him all this time, maybe something was activated?"

"Yes... the Neko Virus disappeared about two weeks ago, we've been looking for it but, since we vaccinated you all it wasn't a huge deal. This might be a human strain or it might be only with you Netto."

"Why me?"

"Because not everyone has a cybernetic link with a navi, you are the only human who is truly connected to the cyber world. I guess I should have checked you after the Neko Virus incident huh?"

"Papa, can you fix it?"

"Untill we get the virus back... no I'm afraid not."

"Will I turn into a cat!!!"

Yuuichihiro laughed. "Heavens no! That was a program, I'm surprised it did this much damage. I think this is all that going to happen physically and mentally."

Netto sighed in relief.

"However, it seemed you have picked up some... habits. I would try to keep these in check if I were you."

Netto nodded.

"Now, I'll get you off school until this is straightened out..."

"YES!!!"

"But you will HAVE to keep up your studies!"

"Awwww."

Rockman laughed.

"Now, I'll need someone to help you, but who can we trust?"

Just then there was a knock on the door.

"Dr. Hikari, may I have a word with you?"

"Oh crap! It's Enzan!" said Netto
 
Netto started to run around the room desperately looking for a place to hide. He finally found the raincoat and the hat he wore earlier and put them on, the hat catching one of his ears and making him wince.
 
Rockman didn't know whether to panic with Netto or laugh, so he giggled nervously and waited for Yuuichihirou to open the door for Enzan.
 
Enzan came in the room and Netto laughed loudly and said “Thanks for the advice Papa! I'm going home now if you need me!”
 
Netto started to walk towards his PET but Enzan stepped in front of him and looked at him accusingly. “Why aren't you in school Netto-kun?”
 
“I-I really needed to talk to Papa about something.”
 
“Well, if that's the case then I need to talk to you as well about something different. Can you wait here?”
 
“Well, I should REALLY be getting home now.”
 
Enzan looked at Netto suspiciously and Netto looked at his Papa with pleading eyes.
 
Rockman watching the whole thing didn't even notice Blues come in through a link onto the main network.
 
“What's wrong with your operator?”
 
Rockman jumped a foot in the air and whirled around to face the red navi. “B-blues! Oh, Netto-kun, Uhhhhh he, he just…..”
 
Rockman's mind went blank as he vainly tried to think of an excuse.
 
Yuuichirou watched both his sons in their own different trouble and found it hilarious. He started to laugh just as Enzan was about to physically pull Netto out of the room and force him to say what was wrong.
 
Everyone turned to stare at the laughing scientist. Netto was hurt that his Papa would think this was funny. He started to pout and went over to the computer put his PET up to it and called Rockman in.
 
“Papa, I'll be at home if you find out anything.” He said.
 
Yuuichirou stopped laughing and walked over to Netto. “I'm sorry, I'll get this done as soon as I can and come home, alright?”
 
Netto nodded and smiled walking towards the door, but just before the got there he tripped over a wire and crashed to the floor, his hat coming off in the process.
 
Enzan did nothing but stare.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Netto swore silently and stood up. He looked at Enzan and quickly said “Please Enzan, don't tell anyone. It's really important.”
 
Yuuichiro walked behind Enzan and put his hand on his shoulder. “I'll explain it all if you can de me a favor.”
 
Enzan, for once in his life, speechless, nodded and followed the scientist into his office leaving Netto, Rockman and Blues outside.
 
Netto, looking like he was about to cry again sighed and sat down on a stool.
 
Blues cleared his throat. “May I ask how this happened?”
 
Rockman looked at him. “You and Enzan know about our link right?”
 
Blues nodded. “Yes, after the Pharohman incident.”
 
“Well, during the Neko Virus incident it seems some of the data may have gotten into our link. We don't know how it happened but well, it looks like Netto got infected with the Neko virus.”
 
Blues nodded. “That makes sense.”
 
Netto gave half and ear to the conversation, thinking about what was going to happen. Now that Enzan knew, Netto was in big trouble. He knew that Papa was going to ask Enzan if he could stay with him. Why him? Anyone but that conceited jerk!
 
Enzan and Yuuichihirou came out of the office and Enzan sighed. “Well, looks like you got yourself into another predicament huh?”
 
Netto stood up ready to launch himself and Enzan. “Do you think I tried to make this happen?”
 
Enzan smirked. “Well, you do look good with those ears.”
 
Netto blushed and glared at Enzan.
 
Yuuichihirou smiled and went over to the boys. “Now then, it's settled. Netto you will stay with Enzan until this…… problem, is solved.”
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Netto looked at his dad with surprise.
 
"Me, stay with Enzan?" Netto knew this was coming but it didn't make it any less painful.
 
Yuuichiro nodded. "You can't stay home unless you wish to explain things to your mother and Meiru and this way we can just say you two are on a Net Savior mission together."
 
Netto decided that made some sense. But still....
 
Enzan sighed and pulled out his cell phone. “Hello, will you send down a car to pick me up.” Enzan nodded and then hung up.
 
Yuuichiro smiled. “See? It's all taken care of. Netto-kun, I want you to be patient. Until the Neko-virus is recaptured or found you won't be able to return to your original form. Understand?”
 
Netto nodded sullenly.
 
Yuuichiro dropped down to Netto's eye level. “It will be fine, this is just a minor accident, as long as it's not life threatening then you will be perfectly fine, I promise.”
Netto looked at him with bigger-than-usual brown eyes. “Really?”
 
“Un.”
 
Enzan looked out the window and announced coldly “The ride is here.”
 
“Papa?”
 
“I'll come visit you when I can.” Yuuichiro put his hand on Netto's head then retreated into his lab.
 
“Put on your things and follow me.” Said Enzan
 
“Jeez, did you drink your coffee cold this morning or something?” muttered Netto
 
“Actually, yes, I did. However I just wish to get home as soon as possible seeing as how I have a meeting in the next hour and I wish to get there.”
 
Netto blushed as he got into the car and Rockman giggled.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Netto walked into the mansion with apprehension. He was amazed by the sheer size of it; it seemed that whoever was in charge of the house like to flaunt their wealth almost as much as Yaito.
 
“If it's servants you're worried about don't. This house is run completely on programs and Blues.”
 
“Saaa….” Netto looked around at the huge mansion, whose interior was even more impressive than the exterior.
 
Enzan walked up behind Netto and pulled off the hat. Before Netto could protest he said “That doesn't look very comfortable and I want you to know you're safe in here. Now I must go. I will be back in a few hours.”
 
He then turned around and went back into the rain.
 
“I feel like a little kid being dropped off at the babysitters.” Netto muttered
 
Rockman laughed, the sound filling the huge empty hall.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
 
In about 5 hours Enzan returned home. He called out for the brunette and received no answer. Enzan sighed and went up stairs calling out his name again. After this he called out Rockman's name and still received no answer. Starting to feel a bit panicked he plugged in Blues and asked him to search the premises.
 
“Enzan-sama, I have located Netto-san.” Said Blues 5 minutes later with the barest hint of amusement in his voice.
 
“Thank goodness. I thought he'd already gotten into trouble.”
 
“He is upstairs in the third guest bedroom on the left hand side.”
 
“But I called up there. Didn't he hear me?”
 
“I believe you should go look for yourself, Enzan-sama.”
 
Enzan looked at Blues and gave his own half grin. “This will be interesting if you're this amused.”
 
Blues ducked his head and disappeared into the link. There he found Rockman in sleep mode in the computer.
 
“Rockman, wake up.”
 
Rockman opened his eyes and stood up. “Ahh, you're back. Netto-kun will be happy, he's been complaining all day.”
 
Blues just pointed out of the monitor.
 
Rockman looked and started laughing for what seemed the hundredth time that day.
 
Just then Enzan came into the room and looked in. A broad grin graced his lips as he fought down laughter.
 
In the very center of the bed, curled up in tightly around a ball of yarn was Netto.
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Three days had passed since Netto's new living arrangements and needless to say, he was bored.
 
Bored enough to do his homework with out Rockman telling him too.
 
Bored enough to attempt to sneak out on numerous occasions.
 
Bored enough to even to prank Enzan.
 
Which included three bags of flour, a scheming Netto, a rainy day, a wet Enzan and lastly a wet and covered-in-flour Enzan chasing Netto through the house.
 
The latter did not work out at all, in fact Netto hid in his room for a good 12 hours before he got the courage to use the bathroom.
 
Which presented another problem, Netto's newly acquired fear of water.
 
Not that Netto didn't wash him self, he did in fact do a pretty good job of it. Partially because of his cat side, he spent about an hour every morning in the bathroom cleaning him self at the wash basin. However it bothered Enzan that he hadn't taken a shower in three days.
 
He took one the first night he was there and shivered in his room all night to the point where Enzan actually felt sorry for him.
 
But now all his sympathy was gone and partially in a need for vengeance, Enzan came up with a plot to get Netto into the shower.
 
Netto came downstairs one morning and saw Enzan reading a book. He looked over his shoulder curiously to see what he was reading. But before any words could be made out Enzan shut the book with a snap and glared at Netto.
 
“Heh, still mad about the flour thing?”
 
Enzan gave a wide, poisonous grin and looked at Netto with his hard blue eyes. “No, of course not. I am the vice-president of IPC and as such I rise above being pranked.”
 
Netto took one look at Enzan and slowly backed out of the room.
 
“He's still mad isn't he nii-san?” he asked Rockman when he was back upstairs.
 
“Netto-kun, that was a bad idea, and I told you that about a hundred times before Enzan got home. You live with the consequences, not me.”
 
“You're mean.”
 
“I'm also not stupid.”
 
“HEY!”
 
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Downstairs Enzan grinned reading his book, not hearing anything but his own thoughts until Blues came in from his daily e-mail check. He took one look at the book Enzan was reading and sighed.
 
“Enzan-sama, if I may. This is below you.” He stated
 
“I don't care Blues. First of all, this has to be done. Second of all, I can think of no other way. Lastly, I want some kind of revenge.”
 
“Still, that is a bit harsh.” Said Blues, worried.
 
“I see no other way.” Said Enzan, his tone signifying the end of the conversation.
 
Blues sighed and prepared to leave the link. “Blues, if you're going to Net-city, please take Rockman with you. I do not wish for this to affect him as well.”
 
“Very well, Enzan-sama.” And with that said he disappeared from the link.
 
Enzan put the book down and walked over to the base of the stairs. “Netto, time for dinner!” he called
 
Netto sighed and got ready to go downstairs. After he left the room Blues came into the computer and landed next to Rockman.
 
“I'm going to Net-City. Would you like to come with me?”
 
Rockman looked at him warily. “What's Enzan planning?” he asked
 
“Nothing dangerous, but if you don't want your systems to be affected I suggest you come.”
 
Rockman groaned. “I told Netto-kun that was a bad idea!”
 
Blues' only reply was a grin as he pixilated out into the net.
 
Rockman sighed and followed, filled with a sense of foreboding.