MegaMan NT Warrior (Rockman) Fan Fiction ❯ Trouble With Insolent Nekos ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rockman flew through the halls of the cyber mansion looking for Blues. He needed advice and he wanted to make sure that when he saw Enzan he didn't go after Netto. Rockman finally found Blues in the replica of Enzan's room looking at Enzan. Poor Blues appeared to be in shock.
 
Rockman came carefully into the room. “Uhhh, Blues?”
 
He saw Blues shoulders shake. Rockman winced and wondered if he was really angry. “Ahhh, listen Blues, this is just Netto-kun's idea of a joke, he really didn't mean anything by it, honest.”
 
Blues turned to face Rockman and to Rockman's utter astonishment he was… “Laughing!?”
 
Blues quickly regained his somber self. “Ah, yes, Rockman. I didn't see you.”
 
Rockman looked at Blues strangely. “No, obviously not. Blues were you….” He was cut off.
 
“Netto-kun definitely has his way on holidays doesn't he?”
 
Rockman nodded. “Enzan-san was just too much of a target I guess. You're not mad?”
 
Blues shook his head. “Why would I be?” he asked
 
“N-no reason.” Rockman replied.
 
“Maybe we should be in their little feud. Want to go to the new battlechip shop that opened in the new Cyber Mall?” Blues asked
 
“Sure! I definitely don't want to be here when he wakes up.” Said Rockman
 
Blues sighed. “Also, Enzan still has some catnip from last time.”
 
Rockman winced. “Okay let's go.” He said quickly.
 
Blues blinked. “You're not going to tell Netto-kun?” he asked, surprised.
 
“Nope, if Enzan does use it, he deserves it!” said Rockman
 
Blues gave Rockman a smile. “Well, you do have a little malevolence to you.” He said
 
Rockman looked a little awed at the fact that Blues was smiling ay him. He blushed and looked at the floor. “N-not really. I just…” Rockman never finished. “Let's go!” he said and linked into the mainstream net link.
 
Blues linked to catch up to Rockman leaving the two boys alone in the house.
 
~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~
 
Enzan stirred under his covers. Just recently getting over a cold, he was still stiff and somewhat sore from the days that he had been in bed. Netto, bring the caring person he was forced him to stay in bed the next day as well.
 
Actually, Netto had turned off Enzan's alarm clock, but that's a different story.
 
He woke up and got out of bed, yawning and walking to the medicine cabinet to get his cold medicine.
 
He looked into the mirror and his eyes widened, not in shock either.
 
“NETTO!”
 
~/~/~/~/~/~/~
 
Netto sniggered and put his now finished fudge into the fridge. He started to clean up the dishes when he heard the slamming of a door upstairs and the sound of feet coming down the stairs.
 
He continued to scrub the sticky brown residue from the dishes as Enzan came into the kitchen, still in his pajamas. His hair was flyaway and his eyes flashed with anger. “WHAT in the hell is THIS!” he said pointing to his head.
 
Netto didn't even look, he couldn't trust himself to look and not laugh, so instead he continued to wash the dishes. “Happy Valentine's Day, Enzan.” He said cheerfully.
 
Enzan turned a bright shade of pink that matched nicely with his hair; he opened and closed his mouth like a fish before spinning around on his heel and walking out of the kitchen.
 
Enzan walked through the halls muttering to himself. He was so much more dignified then what Netto reduced him to. The pranks and all of the jokes, it was all so, so, childish! Why? Why on earth was such sport seen as cute and nice, even when it humiliated him so? Why, all of his subordinates would laugh if they saw him as he was around Netto, he already knew that he was the subject of their whispers and jokes behind his back, especially about his age.
 
Not to mention, Netto looked really cute in an apron.
 
Wait… what was that last thought again?
 
Enzan shook his head and went into the shower, maybe the dye would wash out.
 
~/~/~/~/~/~/~
 
Netto finished drying the dished and put them back into the places that he found them. Even though Enzan had a dish washer, he really didn't feel like trying to decipher the high tech device, and he sure wasn't going to try to operate it without doing so first. Bad images of bubbles all over the house were brought to mind…
 
After cleaning the dishes Netto walked into the main living room and flopped on the red couch. The piece of furniture was easily bigger then twice his size, but it was very comfy, perfect for naps.
 
Netto curled up around a black pillow and started to drift into slumber land when his head was immersed in the black velvet of another pillow.
 
“Is this permanent?” Enzan asked in a very calm voice
 
Netto struggled and pushed the pillow out of his face. Enzan loosened up and Netto gasped for breath. “What? No! It should come out in a few days. Give it time.”
 
“A…. what!?” he yelped
 
Netto shrugged. “Wear a hat if it bothers you that much.”
 
It took all Enzan had not to punch Netto then and there. Instead he got an even worse idea. “So, uh… what were you doing in the kitchen?” Enzan asked
 
Netto smiled, looking very cat like. His tail twitched and his pupils dilated to become a accustomed with the light. “Mmmmm, why don't you go see?” he laughed
 
Enzan quickly turned around to hide his blush and started to walk to the kitchen. “I-I'll do that.” He said
 
Enzan walked into the kitchen and looked in the fridge. Sitting there was a pan filled with brown squares; they looked very nice too, though Enzan was very wary. Who knew if Netto put anything in them?
 
Then Enzan got a very evil idea. He silently snuck upstairs so as not to alert Netto.
 
~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~
 
Netto was watching TV on the couch when Enzan came back down stairs. Enzan brought in the plate of fudge and pointed at it. “You make these?”
 
Netto nodded. “Yeah, I got bored after dying your hair.” He laughed.
 
Enzan sighed and flopped on the couch next to Netto. “So, I take it I'm inclined to eat some?”
 
Netto glared at Enzan. “Geez, it's not like anyone is forcing you to eat it.” He huffed.
 
Enzan smiled. “Why don't you try some?” he said
 
Netto sighed, “Why, afraid I poisoned it?” he asked
 
Enzan didn't speak but took one of the squares and put it to his lips. He took a big and ate it, he looked very surprised. “This is…… good!” he said finally
 
Netto didn't even pretend to not be hurt. “You sound like you have soooo much confidence.” He said dryly
 
“Well, no but, Netto you don't strike me as one who can cook.”
 
Netto shrugged. “I learned a bit from mama for the rare days that she is sick.”
 
“Are you going to try one?” Enzan pressed.
 
Netto sighed and reached for one of the squares. He took the one nearest to him and ate it. Even he was surprised at how good it tasted. Not that he'd ever admit it, to anyone, ever.
 
Netto sighed and flumped back down onto the couch on his side. He was exhausted from the past few days of taking care of Enzan and making sure that the boy wasn't going to kill him. He just wished he could fall asleep right then and there.
 
Enzan started to scratch him behind the ears making Netto even more relaxed. “H-hey, stop…” he said sleepily.
 
Enzan smiled but did not stop.
 
Netto tried to raise his hand to swat Enzan's away but found he couldn't. “W-wh…… catnip again? Darn it Enzan!” he said weakly. “Can't you be more original?” he asked
 
Netto felt Enzan's arms pull him around and set his head into his lap. “Why change a tactic when it works well?” he said
 
Netto had nothing to say to that and didn't even bother to try. “Pissed off about the pink hair?” He grinned
 
Enzan continued to pet Netto and Netto's tail twitched lazily. “Yes, but at least I can keep an eye on you, for once.”
 
Netto glared at him. “Why are you going to do when I'm not Neko anymore?” he asked sarcastically.
 
Enzan sighed. “I guess I'll have to think of something else then.”
 
Netto yawned and started to fall asleep. Enzan bent down and put his face very close to Netto's. “Netto?”
 
“Hmm?” he asked, quite out of it.
 
Enzan brushed his lips lightly against Netto's. “Happy Valentine's Day.”
 
~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~
 
Rockman and Blues returned three hours later after stopping by a net hair salon and after much begging from Rockman, Blues had agreed to dye his hair pink for the duration of the day.
 
“You look really good Blues, it matches your outfit!” Rockman said laughing
 
Blues groaned. “Somehow I don't think I'll strike terror into the hearts of my enemies with pink hair.”
 
They found Netto and Enzan asleep, Netto curled up in Enzan's lap and Enzan's hand resting on Netto's head, with the TV playing softly in the back ground.
 
Blues turned off the TV and exited the room. “So Rock, got any plans for tonight?” he asked
 
“Nope! What do you want to do?”
 
“Well, I happen to know about this club in Ameroupe…” he started.
 
~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~
 
Netto and Enzan were expecting Netto's parents at any moment. After much spying Haruka had finally found out the real reason her son was not at home and arranged to visit the boys with Yuuichiro in tow. Netto was secretly glad his parents were coming; he really missed his mom, even though he would never tell anyone. Netto was curled up next to Enzan, after Valentine's the two had fully embraced the concept of cuddling, and Netto could tell Enzan needed someone to vent his daily work issues to.
 
They were on the couch talking and playing a game of checkers, which Enzan was winning. Enzan was telling Netto of his day at work and how the CEO of the Jawaii branch was being annoying and telling him off for being a kid.
 
“I'm his boss, dammit!” said Enzan, he was really steamed. He put a piece down to accentuate his point, also making a new king.
 
Netto nodded and placed his own captured piece over it to signify its new status.
 
“He actually had the nerve to tell me I made a bad company decision? Who does he think I am?” he said, putting down another piece.
 
“He obviously doesn't know your prowess in checkers,” growled Netto.
 
Enzan let the sarcastic comment fly over his head. “If I was in charge of that branch he would have been terminated months ago. Why on earth does he think he can get away with such, such…” Enzan struggled to find the word to express his displeasure.
 
“Indecency?” offered Rockman.
 
Netto shot his twin a dirty look as Enzan ranted on. “Yes, thank you Rockman. Furthermore, why does he think being 13 is a bad thing? It makes me no more or less then any of them. Hell, I probably have more degrees then all of them put together!” he slammed another piece on the board.
 
“Okay, I think you've beaten me and the board into submission, why don't we stop for now?” asked Netto, a little annoyed.
 
Enzan sighed and nodded, “Yes, that's a good idea.” He said, picking up the checker pieces and sliding them into the tin box that they were held in.
 
Just then the giant door bell resounded through the hall. Netto got up and ran to the door as fast as he could while Enzan finished cleaning up.
 
Netto opened the door and was instantly gathered in a crushing hug. He didn't even struggle, which was rare for him, but instead looked at his mom and grinned. “Shouldn't we go inside?” he asked.
 
Haruka nodded and Yuuichiro led them inside, shutting the door. Haruka took her son's new appearance in a stride and just continued to hold him. “Mama, you okay?” Netto asked, his voice a little strained from the lack of oxygen.
 
She let him go and looked his up and down. “So, you're okay? No dangerous three month mission?” she asked.
 
Netto shook his head. “Nope, just the Neko Virus, it's all nii-san's fault anyway. You can blame him.” Netto grinned.
 
“Hey!” Rockman's voice came from a wall monitor. “That's not very nice.”
 
Netto stuck his tongue out at him. Haruka smiled and relaxed. “As long as you're safe,” she said.
 
Netto blinked. “The ears and tail don't make you worry?” he asked, a little surprised.
 
Haruka giggled, “Papa said you'd be fine as soon as the virus was caught, so I'm not worrying.”
 
Enzan came up on the foursome. “Interesting mom,” Enzan muttered in Netto's ear.
 
Netto shrugged and smiled. Blues cleared his throat and all attention was turned to him. “Since Netto-kun's parents are staying for the weekend, I was wondering if you'd all like to actually come inside?” he asked.
 
Yuuichiro laughed and nodded. “Yes Blues, thank you for the invitation.”
 
They all walked into the large living room and Haruka gasped. “My goodness, I think our whole house could fit in here!” she said, laughing.
 
Netto nodded, “Yeah, that's what I thought.” He said quietly to Rockman.
 
Enzan smiled, always the gracious host. “Please, make yourselves comfortable. Does anyone wish for anything to eat?” he asked.
 
Haruka nodded. “I could make curry,” she winked at Netto.
 
Netto's ears perked up. “Really?” he gasped.
 
“That is, if Enzan-kun let's me use his kitchen,” she nodded at Enzan.
 
Enzan looked a little surprised. “Well, that's fine with me; I was just thinking more of ordering something.”
 
Netto shook his head. “No way! Mama's cooking is the best!” he said enthusiastically.
 
Yuuichiro nodded. “I'm inclined to agree there, she does have very good culinary skills.”
 
Haruka put a hand to her lips. “Oh stop it you two.”
 
Enzan nodded to Haruka. “Yes, you can use the kitchen if you wish. I know that we have all the ingredients for curry, if you wish Blues can tell you where they are.”
 
Haruka winked. “I've got a better idea, how about you two help me make it,” she said.
 
Netto jumped up and threw his hands into the air. “Yay!” he yelled.
 
“I'm not so sure,” Enzan started. But Netto came over and threw an arm around him.
 
“Of course he's sure, he'll help. Won't you?” he asked Enzan, giving him a big eyes pout that he discovered Enzan couldn't say no to.
 
Enzan sighed. “Fine, I'll help.”
 
Haruka nodded, “All right, then show me where the kitchen is.”
 
~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~
 
Haruka, Netto and Enzan were all in aprons and standing around the large pot peeling potatoes.
 
“So, Enzan-kun, are do you go to school?” asked Haruka.
 
Enzan shook his head. “No, I graduated with a bachelor's degree in business when I was ten, curtsey of my father.”
 
Haruka looked a bit put out by his cold answer. “O-oh.” She said, still trying to grin.
 
Netto rolled his eyes. “Enzan may be a little snobby at first, but he's really nice, mama.”
 
Enzan growled and threw a potato skin at him. Netto laughed and put up his hands in defense. Haruka smiled and looked a little more at ease.
 
After Haruka made the base for the curry she instructed the boys to leave so she could finish the curry. When Netto asked why, she only winked and said “It's a secret.”
 
So Netto and Enzan went back out into the big living room leaving Haruka to her own devices.
 
~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~
 
Netto and Enzan went back out into the living room where Yuuichiro was sitting and typing away on his laptop. He looked up when Netto and Enzan entered the room and smiled warmly at them, “Welcome back boys, did Haruka kick you out?” he asked.
 
Netto blinked, “How did you know?” he asked.
 
“Because, your mother always kicks people out right before she finished cooking a meal. She always makes something unexpected for dessert. Trust me; I don't think I've ever finished cooking a meal with Haruka before.”
 
Rockman laughed, “I believe it.”
 
Netto sat down next to his papa and peered at the computer screen. “What are you working on?” he asked.
 
“A way to find the Neko-Virus,” he said.
 
“Any idea where it is?” asked Enzan.
 
“Unfortunately not, we've checked the internet everywhere, and I'm afraid the only conclusion I can come up with is that the Neko Virus is not on a public site,” he said.
 
“So what? You mean it was stolen?” asked Enzan.
 
Yuuichiro shrugged, “It's most certainly a possibility.”
 
Netto groaned, “Who would steal the Neko Virus and why?” he asked.
 
“I can think of a few reasons, mostly to cause mass panic. But before we think of motive, we need a suspect and we need proof that the virus was stolen in the first place,” said Yuuichiro.
 
“Meaning, I'm still going to stay here for an indefinite amount of time?” asked Netto.
 
“Yes, but are you complaining?” Yuuichiro asked.
 
Netto blushed and to Yuuichiro's surprise, so did Enzan. “No, not really,” Netto said quickly.
 
Yuuichiro laughed, “I thought as much.”
 
Before Netto could reply Haruka came from the kitchen and waved around a wooden spoon. “Time for dinner boys!” she said.
 
Netto smelled the spices in the air and grinned, “Curry!” he cheered and bolted into the dining room.
 
“Better hurry up, Enzan-kun, or he'll eat it all,” Haruka winked.
 
Enzan blinked, it was odd to have a family with him after so many years of being alone. “Oh, okay,” he said.
 
“Shall we go in, dear?” Yuuichiro asked offering Haruka his arm.
 
Haruka giggled, “Oh you,” she said taking his arm and letting him lead her into the dining room.
 
Enzan stood there and watched the couple go to the home cooked dinner, he stared blankly for about a minute before the sound of Blues' voice startled him out of his daydream.
 
“Enzan-sama, are you okay?” he asked.
 
“Huh, oh, I'm fine Blues,” he said.
 
Before Blues could reply, Netto came out with a mouth full of curry, “Come on, or I'll eat it all,” he said grabbing Enzan's wrist and pulling him into the room.
 
~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~
 
Enzan sat on one side of the small square table. The last time he remembered eating there was about two months before his mom died. He preferred the small table to the big ones, not that it mattered because he normally took his meals in his study anyway. Yuuichiro started the conversation. “So, Enzan, care to tell us anything about what happening in the Net Police HQ?” he asked.
 
Enzan cleared his throat. “Well, actually things have been very slow. No new mafia's very little activity in the Undernet; it's been going on for a few months now.”
 
Yuuichiro looked a little put out, “Hmmm,” he said.
 
“What do you mean by Hmmm, papa?” asked Rockman.
 
“Well, I just find it odd that almost all criminal activity stopped after the Neko Virus disappeared,” he said.
 
Netto blinked, “Does this have anything to do with me?” he asked with his mouth full of curry.
 
Yuuichiro chuckled, “No, forget I said anything, let's finish our meal.”
 
Enzan followed the suggestion but was worried about Yuuichiro's sudden change of topic. Why was he worried?
 
After supper was over Haruka smiled and brought out a large pound cake that was baking in the oven while they ate. The hot confection melted on Enzan's tongue as he ate it, it was one of the most delicious things he had ever eaten.
 
“Mmmm, mama, this is great!” said Netto.
 
Yuuichiro smiled, “So this is what you were making,” he said.
 
“Yes, if I let the boys stay in the kitchen then Netto might have eaten all the batter,” she said laughing.
 
Netto pretended to be hurt, “That's not true,” he pouted, his ears ebbing a little.
 
Rockman giggled, “Yes it is, you always steal the cookie dough when mom makes cookies and you sneak the icing when she makes cake.”
 
Netto crossed his arms, “No one asked you Rockman,” he said.
 
Haruka smiled, “Now now, no arguing at the table.”
 
“Yes mama,” Rockman and Netto said together.
 
~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~
 
After everything was eaten, or places in baggies Netto and Enzan started to wash the dishes while Haruka and Yuuichiro went into another room to talk. Enzan washed while Netto dried, and Netto took care to make sure he wasn't too close to the sink.
 
“Hey, Enzan, are you curious as to what papa is worried about?” Netto asked after three dishes.
 
Enzan nodded, “Yes, but your dad won't tell us anything if he doesn't want to.”
 
“We can go eavesdrop,” Netto suggested.
 
“Netto-kun!” said Rockman.
 
Before Rockman could scold Netto, Enzan shook his head. “No, he'll tell us in due time, besides, don't you think it's rude to spy on your father?”
 
“Yes,” Rockman said dubiously.
 
Netto ignored him, “I know, but I can't help but think that this is all centered around the disappearance of the Neko Virus somehow.”
 
Enzan shrugged, “Netto, you just have to take things one day at a time.”
 
“So you think I'm right?” he asked.
 
Enzan sighed, “Yes, but we'll find out soon enough.”
 
Netto made a face, “I hate being patient,” he said.
 
Enzan laughed and splashed him lightly with water, “I know that.”