Monster Rancher Fan Fiction ❯ Concrete Angel ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I own nothing in Monster Ranchers and I own nothing that can make me money.

~*~

"I refuse to go in there!"

"Go in you stupid rabbit!"

"No!"

Genki cocked his head, letting his brown locks slide into his eyes, one of the few pieces of hair that remained out from under the backwards cap on his head. Holding his back pack straps, he waited in his khaki shorts, leather boot and white shirt that reflected the sun slightly, before asking, "Why not Hare?"

The brown rabbit monster was silent, glancing nervously around at the others before answering in a low whisper, "That's the Forest of Truth. Your deepest, darkest secrets are revealed in there. It's said that not only is it the only truly "magical" place left in the land, but people can see ghost of those long dead..."

"GHOST!?!" the young pink and green monster next to Genki squeaked. The ancient rock monster, Golem, patted the baby monster on the head to comfort him as he rolled his large eyes.

"Yeah Mocchi, there are ghost in that forest. Mind you no one can sneak up on you..."

"Don't worry Mocchi, I'm sure there are no ghost in the forest" smiled a young red head in old fashioned clothing.

"Are you sure Holly?"

"I'm pretty sure Mocchi."

Genki grinned his trademark grin. "Besides, if there are, then they won't bother us, 'cause we'll take them out! So let's go!!!" Genki jumped up in the air, performing his ever-famous signature move of the energetic young boy.

"That boy need to calm down.." muttered the lupe monster, a huge grin on his face the only thing keeping those around him sure he was joking.

The small group known as the searchers walked into the forest slowly, being watched by several sets of sad eyes, one particular set trained on the boy leading the group that was dragging the poor hare into the forest.

"Poor Genki..." said one of the eyes.

"Don't worry, we'll take care of him in there."

"I know..."

"Incoming pixie and ice golem." Commented a third voice.

"Here we go..."

The voices and eyes disappeared slowly as if they were never there.