Monster Rancher Fan Fiction ❯ Monster Python's Flying Circus ❯ How Not To Be Seen ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This rather odd piece was based on the sketch at the beginning of the Monty Python movie And Now For Something Completely Different, "How Not To Be Seen." Comments would be definitely appreciated. Apologies for the script format.

WARNINGS: This piece contains monster death (not detailed) and gratuitous explosions.

Monster Python's Flying Circus
"How Not To Be Seen"

BADDIE EDUCATION FILM #16: HOW NOT TO BE SEEN
Woodland.

Moo (offscreen, and will remain so): In this picture there are forty-six monsters. None of them can be seen. In this film I hope to show you how not to be seen.

***

Peaceful countryside. A ditch runs parallel to a footpath with nobody on it.

Moo: This is Captain Evil Hare, North Town. He cannot be seen. Captain Evil Hare, will you stand up and wave, please.

Captain Evil Hare stands up (he apparently has been hiding in the ditch), waves, and is promptly hit by a dark blast. He crumples back into the ditch.

Moo: This demonstrates the value of not being seen.

***

Desert with several large pieces of buildings lying about.

Moo: In this picture we cannot see Captain Messiah[1], Silk City. Captain Messiah, will you stand up and wave, please.

One of the gold Monols from Gali's place emerges from a block of masonry and vibrates slightly (Monol version of waving). Another blast hits it and it cracks and falls down, then starts to glow red.

***

A clearing, with a dead tree in the center.

Moo: This is Captain Ebony, Kamaraku[2] Mountains. Captain Ebony, will you stand up and wave, please.

Nothing happens.

Moo: Captain Ebony has learnt the first lesson of not being seen- do not stand up and wave. However, he has chosen a very obvious cover.

The "dead tree" is promptly blown up, leaving a Lost Disk.

***

A meadow with three bushes.

Moo: Now, Bajarl has presented us with a poser. We do not know which bush he is behind, but we can soon find out.

One after another the bushes explode. After the smoke clears there is another Lost Disk.

Moo: Yes, it was the middle one.

***

The flying castle, making its way merrily along.

Moo: Captain Weed chose a very cunning way of not being seen. I was told he was working overtime, location unknown. However, someone told us where he was.

The floating castle explodes.

***

General Durahan stands in front of his airship with Lilim. Lilim looks at the camera and promptly bails.

Moo: And here is that someone.

Durahan blows up, leaving just his rather disgruntled-looking head.

Moo: Here is where he lived.

The airship blows up as well.

***

Aerial view of the Eastern Continent[3].

Moo: And this is where he was born.

... I think you can guess what happened to the Eastern Continent.



[1] I didn't know the name of the monster, so I guessed. Feel free to correct me.

[2] A rough transcription of what Grey Wolf referred to them as at the beginning of the Ducken episode. Please tell me the proper way to spell it, if you know.

[3] That was what Durahan was busy taking over during the first season, right?