My Little Pony Fan Fiction ❯ The Ancient Elements of Harmony ❯ Prologue: And So it Begins.......... ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

Prologue:

     And So it Begins…….

 

Early Summer

Unknown Location, Equestria

927 YoH (Year of Harmony)

 

A lone figure, richly dressed, sat upon an opulent, throne-like chair in a large, slightly darkened room, waiting patiently for his two most trusted Hunter-Messengers to arrive for their scheduled meeting.

As he waited, the many thoughts running through his mind were every bit as dark as his coat and wings.  Dark thoughts that concerned the fate and future of the sovereign Kingdom of Equestria and its various citizens of many kinds and races; a fate and future that he had very definite plans for.

Soon.  He thought, smiling with grim satisfaction.  Very, very soon……

Just then, however, his thoughts were interrupted by the entrance of his Seneschal and Chief Steward, who came to a measured stop before the dais, then bowed to him.

“Yes?” the dark stallion prompted, quietly.

“Your Hunters have just this moment arrived back from their most recent mission, Milord,” the older stallion, a Unicorn, replied, quietly.  “Shall I show them in now?”

“Yes, please do, old friend.  I would very much like to know how they fared, and what they found out on this trip,” the seated stallion said.  “Because where our Sacred Cause is concerned, time, as we all know only too well, is of the essence.”

“Yes, Milord,” the elder stallion said, bowing again.  “At once.”

And with that, he turned and left the room to fetch the aforementioned new arrivals.

 

************************

 

He was only gone for a few minutes before he returned with the pair… who proved to be a Unicorn mare and stallion.  Both had the worn look of having been on the road for a good while, but, even so, they both also knew the proper protocol when reporting in to their leader and superior.

Accordingly, as the Seneschal bowed again to their enthroned leader and master, they both dropped respectfully to one knee before him.  For his part, the seated stallion nodded to them in a gesture of equal respect, acknowledging their gesture.

“I am pleased to see that you both made it back here safely, and in one piece, my friends,” he said, a quiet, friendly, clearly affectionate tone in his voice as he addressed them both.  “Now, tell me; what news do you bring me of our, ehm… ”quarry”?  I trust that it’s good news.”

“Well, we managed to track her as far as Neighsley, Milord, but then we lost her again a few days later, unfortunately,” the Unicorn mare said, quietly.  “But fear not, my lord; we did find out that she is most definitely headed back to Everhold to pick up her next bounty hunting assignment.”

“Hmmmm.  That is excellent news, indeed, Milady; most excellent news, indeed.  And keep up the good work, you two,” the dark Pegasus stallion said, quietly.

He paused for a moment, then went on.

“Everything is finally beginning to fall into place for us, my friends, with just a very few more things left for us to accomplish before we can finally, ahm… ”acquire”... our lovely young mare so that we can finally complete our Sacred Mission to at long last free our beloved Lord and Master, and return Him to His rightful place as the Supreme Ruler of Equestria, and after that, of the whole of Astraea itself!!!”

And with those words, their collective gazes turned toward a large portrait hanging on a nearby wall, illuminated by both the torches near it, and the light of the late evening sun coming in through a large nearby window.  The image of the pony pictured in it caused them all to exchange cold, calculating looks and cruel smiles and laughter.

Said portrait depicted a young Earth Pony mare in her early/mid twenties.  She was fairly attractive in appearance, with a golden-orange coat, a pale golden-blonde mane and bangs, bright emerald green eyes and three freckles on her cheek under her right eye.

She was also depicted wearing the fairly plain, but practical and sensible clothing of Equestria’s working class, as well as wearing a rather unusual hat on her head, just behind her perked up ears.

 

A hat that very strongly resembled a modern-day brown Stetson.