My Neighbor Totoro Fan Fiction ❯ My Neighbor Totoro 2 ❯ "...There's Always a Miracle ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Part 3
 
The next day, there was no school because it was an inservice day for the teacher. Satsuki was able to stay home. She was slumping around the house.
Dad: You still a little upset about Totoro?
Satsuki: *sounding weak* yesss.
Dad: You know, I can try and talk to the men about taking down the forest.
Satsuki: *sounding weak* `Kaaaaay.
Dad: But don't be sad if I can't talk them out of it. You can't always hold on everything forever.
Satsuki: BUT WHY?!!?
Dad: That's the way things are. *staring into space* If you were able to do that, I would have had more stuff today.
Satsuki: What happened?
Dad: About 10 years ago, we had an earthquake. I was in the worst area with you mom.
Satsuki: Tell me more.
Dad: Then, in the basement, there was a big hole. Most of our things fell in. The only thing I still have is a picture of your mom and I and our car. If we lost our money, we would be living on the streets. And your mom might be dead by now.
Satsuki: Wow. That's terrible.
Dad: My point is, if you can't hold on to everything, they'll always be a miracle in store.
Satsuki: *hugs her dad* Thanks, daddy. That helps a lot.
Dad: Hey, where's Mei?
Mei was exploring outside. She tried to take a passage into Totoro tree. But when she got to the end, it was like she went past it. Her mom was sitting down.
Mom: Mei, what are you looking for?
Mei: You know the Totoros from our picture books? We'll Satsuki and I found one.
Mom: Wow. That's super .
Mei: We see it mostly everyday.
Mom: Okay. You go ahead and look.
Mei went right through, and for some strange reason, she got there. She found Totoro. The little Totoros were holding suitcases. Totoro was going to another forest.
Mei: Totoro, don't leave!!! I don't want you to go!!!
Totoro looked down at Mei. Then, Mei gave him a hug.
Then, Mei came up with an idea. She ran over to the construction trucks. The demolition was going to be tomorrow. The construction trucks said “The Ghibli-kun Construction Company”
Satsuki: MEI!!!!!!
Mei: Huh?
Satsuki: What the heck are you doing?
Mei: Since those mean construction people are taking away Totoro's home, I'm breaking their trucks!
Satsuki: You can't do that!
Mei: WHY NOT?!!!?
Satsuki: Two wrongs don't make a right, Mei!
Mei: WHY NOT?!!!?
Satsuki: *about to explode*…..OH, MEI!!! YOU'RE SO SELFISH!!!!
Mei: I AM NOT!!!!
Satsuki: DON'T YOU REALIZE PEOPLE'S JOBS COULD BE ON THE LINE?!!!!??
Mei: WHAT ABOUT TOTORO?!!!?
Satsuki: *runs away* THAT'S IT! I DON'T HAVE THE PACIENCE TO DEAL WITH THIS!!!!!
Mei didn't listen to Satsuki. She was about to get on the truck.
Then , she saw Totoro.
Mei: I'm sorry, Totoro. I can't do it.
Mei started crying.
Totoro: *stares into space*
 
Inside…………………… 230;…….
 
Satsuki was sitting at the table. Then, Mei went up to her.
Satsuki: Mei! What's wrong?
Mei: I can't do it. I just did what you told me. *starts crying again*
Satsuki: It's okay. Daddy told me in times like this there's always a miracle waiting in store……………………
 
To Be Concluded………………..