Naruto Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Naruto Previews ❯ Kitsune and Dragons ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: This is a parody inspired by the works of Masashi Kishimoto and Wizards of the Coast. All characters that I have not created or borrowed from other sources are theirs. This is a Fan fiction and not meant to violate the rights of those who own the rights to the Naruto or Dungeons and Dragons Series. I have no money and therefore not a good suing target. Thank you very much.

Kitsune and Dragons

Chapter One (Versions one and Two)

Sakura Haruno was sitting with her two teammates in the classroom as they waited for their sensei Kakashi Hatake, thinking of the oddness of one of those same said teammates. Naruto Uzumaki had only arrived in class about a year ago after recieving some unique training, which didn't explain the orange jumpsuit. Still curious about this her inner Sakura was shouting, "Go ahead, ask him about what kind of training he was suppose to have taken?"

"So Naruto, what kind of training did you undertake? How did it allow you to graduate with the rest of the class when you didn't study ninjutsu or any of the other subjects?" ask Sakura as she looked at the blond hair, blue eyed boy.

"I was given the traditional training as a ninja when I moved to the place I have been living for the last eleven years. However, my adoptive parents were placed in danger almost daily so they had to teach me a skill in their line of work to make it in their world. So they taught me a trade in the adventuring arts which would enhance my skills as a ninja. Connecting it with the powers of a ninja, learning to mix chakra with my other powers, " said the boy before he seemed to whisper under his breath, "Plus it sure helps to have something when hunting dragons."

This was only increasing the desire for her to learn the truth yet before she could ask Sasuke spoke, "Why kind of skills and powers have you learnt under your parents? And how can it match the skills of a ninja?"

"A lot of people in the... land I grew up in had powers to match the most powerful jonin and even some of the kages. It was all a part of trying to master the skills you had while completing the missions you took up. Truth be told, there were some people who seemed to perform magic. " said Naruto as he tried to hide his laughter for that last sentence as that didn't seem to make sense as Naruto didn't make that much of a joke.

It was as Naruto was about to speak that Kakashi came in with the words, "My first impressions of you are... you're boring. Meet me on the roof."

Later...

The three of them stood at the top of their roof as they looked to the jonin before them for the next step in the creation of their team. Kakashi spoke, "So why don't you introduce yourselves, one at a time?"

Sakura was confused about the method of which they were suppose to introduce themselves so she asked, "Could you go first sensei? To give us an example of how we're to do it?"

"I'm Kakashi Hatake. The things I like... are none of your business. Things I dislike... are not anything I will be telling you. My dreams of the future... are nothing I really thought about. As for my hobbies... well I have a lot of hobbies. So that's how it's done, so you go ahead and try." said the grey haired cyclops.

"I'm Sakura Haruno! I like, well..." she began to feel her cheeks heat up as she tried to cover her blush as she continued, "My hobbies are... well, connected to my dream of..."

The last part trailed off as she remembered her daydreams of what she would do with Sasuke when she go alone with him, so she barely hear Kakashi point to the same boy and ask for his introduction. The dark haired boy opened with, "My name is Sasuke Uchiha. I hate a lot of things, and I don't particularly like anything. What I have is not a dream, but a mission. I'm going to restore my clan and destory a certain someone."

This lead to Naruto and Sakura was waiting for the answer to some questions, "I'm Naruto Uzumaki. I like instant ramen in a cup ever since I came back to the village, but the ramen at Ichiraki's is a hundred times better. Don't like waiting for the ramen to cook in a microwave. "My future dream is to become the greatest Hokage in history as well as being a great

Version One


swordmage! " spoke the boy before he continue with a well needed explaination.

"A swordmage is a magic using warror with powers just like jutsu to a ninja. However, much of it is focused through a light or heavy blade like a kunai or katana. There are two main traditions of a swordmage divided between attacking a foe and defending one's allies. The aegis of assault and the ageis of shielding.

The Aegis of Assault is based around some flashy attack moves which are based around elemental attacks while at the same time pushing and pulling your foes around the battlefield. There are many different assault traditions, but none as strong as those of the genasi. The genasi are beings like humans who contain element powers within their blood like a racial kekkei genkei. They gain different powers depending on one of five elements: earth, fire, lightning, water and wind. By choosing this aegis, I can transport myself to foe if he sucessfully attacks an ally and respond in kind.

The Aegis of Shielding is the use of the same powers to create shields to protect yourself and allies under magic protection while keeping all enemies away from those allies. This way their attacks are minimized. The Eladrin are the master of this tradition, having spent their centuries of lifespan to refine the art. Eladrin are creatures of the Feywild who are masters of magical arcana and can step between the feywild and the world at will. Those are the two main tradition, but I know of a few other traditions which call up different abilities. choosing this tradition gives me the power to deflect the power of an incoming attack," came the lecture of the younger boy, as he kept flicking a kunai ever since he started talking.

He continued, "Of course, as a swordmage I also have other abilities that cover both traditions. Like the ability to attune to a weapon, allowing me to summon it from a distance to my hand. As long as I have a blade in my hand, my magic shields me. This shielding increases if my other hand is free. I can also force an opponent to focus on me above all attacks on my allies or else he looses some of his skills and attack powers. So I'm mighty hand to have around."

Sakura was looking with a stunned expression on her face, as she seemed to be looking for some word to say about the inclusion of magic to their world. Yet Sasuke was the first to ask, "So what kind of swordmage are you?"

Version Two

warlock! " The three other members of team seven looked at the blond member with confusion at the word that he had used.

"So Naruto, what kind of person is a warlock?" asked Kakashi as he tried to gage his student and the new information that he was given.

"A warlock is an arcane caster, a person with the ability to use mystical powers similar to the way a ninja uses chakra powers. They are known for their ability to cast powerful curses which give them powers in exchange for the foes they defeat. Another major factor of being a warlock is the need to make pacts with powerful spirits which grants them unique powers. There are many different kinds of pacts one can make with different types of spirits." said the warlock ninja as he smiled in a foxy way, like he had a secret that only he could tell.

"What kind of spirits and what kind of powers? " asked Sasuke as he become interested in what it was Naruto was talking about.

"The four main pacts that I know about are Dark, Fey, Infernal and Star pacts. Dark packs are made with nasty spirits from an underground realm of dark elves, powerful human like beings with a great master of magic. They are also cruel, deceitful and will betray you as soon as they gain an advantage against you. Dark pacts powers tend to focus around darkness, poison, madness and spite. With this pact there is always the temptation, no matter how compassionate you are, to use an ability to harm an allie to boost the power of your own attack."

The Fey pact uses the power of ancient and amoral spirits of the feywild, in other words powerful nature spirits. Spirits of seasons or places like the sea or mountains as well as primal forces of nature. Their powers mostly act like genjutsu and alter the mind, especially by making the warlock invisible or driving the foe mad. They are also skilled with sudden transportation around the battlefield and attacking from a distance.

The Infernal pact is based on a forgotten race of devils, an evil immortals who desire to collect the souls of living beings. However, the king of devils had forbidden them to do this and eliminated them all. Yet not until these secrets were revealed. Their powers tend to do mass damage, give the warlock extra armour and the ability to regain health, and many close combat powers compared to other pacts.

The Star Pact focuses on astronomy and the use of the lost name of stars to see into a realm of insanity and things best left unknown by many. Their powers are those of madness and yet also of terror. It can grant you the ability to rewind time and change your attempt as a task, for better or worse. More powers are icy and bring about massive curses to one's foes. So these are powerful abilities... yet there are a couple of rarer pacts that I know about too." spoke the foxy boy as he looked at his teammates, each looking with shock as what he was revealing.

It was then that Sakura asked the main question, "What kind of warlock are you?"