Naruto Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Spark of Fire ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: This is a parody inspired by the works of Masashi Kishimoto and Phil and Kaja Foglio. All characters that I have not created or borrowed from other sources are theirs. This is a Fan fiction and not meant to violate the rights of those who own the rights to the Naruto or Girl Genius Series. I have no money and therefore not a good suing target. Thank you very much.

Spark of Fire
Part Three

Naruto pulled down the goggles hidden behind his headband, googles which contained complex circuitry and a link to the master thinking machine back at the castle. Using the heads up display, he began to analyze the teammates he had as well as his sensei from the master databank. The listing was interesting and made a little sense of the matter.

'Kakashi Hatake was one of my father's students, part of a team which resembles mine in many ways. Except it was the Uchiha who was longing for the girl who was in love with Kakashi. Recieved a sharingan eye after the death of that teammate in battle with rock ninjas. Except due to genetics, it is on constantly and absorbing his chakra when in use.' Naruto thought about the situation and decided to look into better intergration of the eye with his sensei's body.

'I would keep us alive longer if the eyeball wasn't sucking up all of his power whenever he used it. I should also look into making jutsu with few hands signs for the sharingan to copy if I want to keep them mine on this team. Especially with two sharingan users around me. At least all of my inventions should place limits on that.' His thoughts turned to the second bloodline user.

'Sasuke Uchiha seems like the perfect ninja recruit on paper. Highest ranking scores with taijustu and ninjutsu, emotionless for most of the time, highly adaptable and creative. The fact he has one of the most powerful bloodlines in the village must be making the counsel water at the mouth. Which would explain why the have sent on of their best ninjas to train him, that and the fact the two share excess to the same bloodline limit.' Naruto knew that no one was perfect and their were faults in the rookie of the year.

'Lack of teamwork, which has been the backbone of this village since the first Hokage. Obession to the point of madness on killing his brother and gaining the power to kill the same brother. Both could lead to trouble if they are not kept in check.' He turned to his crush and last teammate.

'Sakura Haruno is very intelligent and does especially well in the written tests. Sakura and I are opposites when it comes with chakra. I have tons of chakra, but little control. She has tons of control but little chakra. Sasuke is in the middle, but his mastery of both makes him stronger for now. Such control in Sakura's hands would make her a great genjutsu mistress or a great medical ninja.' Naruto then harden his heart to look at his crushes mistakes.

'Her biggest mistakes in the fact she has spent all of her time running after Sasuke. While this might not have been such a negative activity, what makes it bad is the fact she has sacrificed training and eating to mantain a perfect appearance for her crush. With proper training, she could have the chakra levels to compete with me and Sasuke.' Naruto looked up from the readouts from his googles at the schoolyard, his googles aiding him to pinpoint his two teammates.

"So there you two are. Sasuke trying to stay alone, while Sakura trying to find him. Good for training in any event. So what am I going to do with the two of you? I could try to boost Sasuke's Sharingan with some genetic modifications. Creating a new powerful form of the doujutsu with a few changes of the genes here and there. The few Uchiha parts my ancestors had collected has given me insight to the powers and uses of the Uchiha eyes." He spoke outloud to himself, hashing out some thoughts on making his team stronger.

"Or I can create a special set of tools to be used with those eyes. Goggles seem like the best bet with a doujutsu, yet the simple thing isn't always the funnest thing to invent. Perhaps a weapon or armour to compliment the sharingan? Boosting strength and speed to match the ability of the foes you copy, while training your body to match those abilities as well. I have been wanting to try out those old experiments with chakra armour my ancestors created and sold." He then took a deeper thought of what he could do with his female teammate.

"Giving her a battlesuit might also be possible, but maybe I should be looking into a training machine. Make up for all of that lost time she spent hunting Sasuke. I could also start with the downloading project my great-great grandfather created to inplant jutsu directly into the minds of people. I just have to find a way to avoid the brain damage which would leave her a vegetable for the rest of her life. So much work to do." Naruto thought as he tried to get ready to meet his sensei.

Later...

Sakura Haruno was sitting in the class room waiting for her sensei to pick up her team, a sensei which was pushing the limits of lateness. Most of the other students had been picked up hours ago. It was going on three hours since they had been told of their sensei picking them up.

""Damn it! Where the hell is the bastard?"" called out her inner voice as her team sat in their classroom. She has been surprised by the structure of the team, since placed her and Sasuke on the same team as Naruto. It was clear that she and her beloved Uchiha boy were meant to be on the saem team, but Naruto was a little bit of a freak.

'He gets the lostest scores in the school and never pays attention to the classes he takes. Yet he's constantly using those inventions of his to commit pranks, which seems to be a waste of the tools his ancestors left him. Then there are his creepy guardians who seem to be more animal then human at times or seem to be made up of dead bodies. Ugh! ' she thought as she watched Naruto send out a small mechanical device to place a chalk eraser on the doorway as part of a prank.

"Naruto, he's not going to fall for that." said the love of her life as he kept up that cool unreachable image of his which was so sexy.

"I just want to see what kind of teacher we're going to get. You can tell a lot about a person by their reaction to a prank like this one. Are they emotional or not? Doe they have a good sense of humour? Are their battle reflexes overdeveloped or not? I've learned a lot about a people from my pranks." Naruto responded to their other male teammate.

"I doubt that he's going to fall for a prank that simple. I also doubt he's going to reveal too much about himself from his reaction to a chalk brush falling next to him." she told him, trying to keep a mature manner to their interaction. She hoped by acting as a wiser person she might be able to keep Naruto away from her.

Yet deep in her mind, her other self was thinking, ""Yes, get the bastard. I serves him right for all of my time he's wasted. I have more important things I should be using like getting Sasuke to admit his love for me. ""

It was only a few more moments after, enough time for Naruto's machine to come back to him, that their sensei arrived in the class room. Straight into the prank which Naruto had set up, brush landing in his grey hair and causing a dust cloud to emerge. He looked up at them, his face mostly a mystery due to a mask over his lower face and his headband blocking out his left eye.

The first words out of his lips were, "My first impression of you three is... I hate you. Okay everyone, meet me in the roof in five minutes so we can continue with your introductions and your first lessons."

Sakura was amazed at their sensei's ability to fall for a simple prank, amking her wonder at the quality of their teacher. Still he might tell them more once they were on the roof.

On the rooftops after five minutes....

The three students stood on the rooftop looking at their masked sensei, two of them trying their best to figure out the man. The grey haired elder spoke up, "I guess this is the part where we introduce ourselves. Tell us your names, your dreams, your like and your dislikes."

"Why don't you go first sensei? Show us how to do it?" asked Sakura, likely not knowing how to proceed.

"Well, my name is Kakashi Hatake. My likes are unimportant and my dislikes are irrelavent. My dreams... are none of your business. Now it's your turn, pinky." replied the jonin to his genin student.

Naruto knew differently since he had uploaded the file his thinking engines had on the ninja personal. Kakashi was known as the copycat ninja since gaining a Sharingan eye from his late genin teammate. He was a student of the fourth hokage and had been in the Anbu black ops. He had been in the teaching business for a short while, yet had not taken a team to teach in all of that time. The studies on the ninja's personality concept was the fact teamwork was important to him.

"My name is Sakura Haruno. My likes are...." at this point Sakura turned to Sasuke and blush, revealing her crush. She continued, "My dislikes are Ino-piggy and Madboy Naruto. My dreams are..." at this second stop she went back to looking at Sasuke and continued to blush.

"Alright blondie, it's your turn next." continued the teacher with this teambuilding excerise.

"I am Naruto Uzumaki. My loves are ramen, experimenting and inventing new devices for people to use. My dislikes are the three minutes it takes most instant ramen to cook... but I am trying to fix that. I also dislike someone interrupting my experiments or misusing my inventions. My dream is to become the Hokage and show the world I'm not just a madboy like Sakura said." spoke Naruto, as he quickly thought out the responce.

Naruto had expected the responce of Sakura as a traditional fangirl, one following their crush into the depths of hell. What Naruto was looking for was the responce of Sasuke, since it was likely he hid a secret to all of his brooding. Naruto had guessed what it was, but was curious about whether the young Uchiha would reveal it to the group.

"My name is Sasuke Uchiha. There are few things I like and many things I hate. My dreams are to revive my clan as well as kill a certain person." The tone of voice Sasuke held at the last words was deadly serious and menacing. Certainly matching the guess Naruto had at Sasuke wanting to kill his brother to avenge the clan. Naruto was was letting his constructs search the castle's mind for details on the Uchiha clan to see if their was anything which could help the boy.

"Alright, now that the formalities are out of the way, it's time for the real genin test." said the one eyed man as he looked at them.

"I thought we passed the genin exam already, Kakashi-sensei?" asked Sakura after there was a moment of silence between the four of them.

Kakashi laughed a little at the statement before continuing, "The test you passed what just to see if you had the potential to become genin. The real test will begin tomorrow, a test of survival of the fittest. Out of a class of twenty-seven graduates, only nine of them will become genin, which gives this test a failure rate of sixty-six percent. Two out of every three students will be sent back to the academy."

After letting the three of them take in the knowledge of the serevity of the test, he gave them the instructions, "You are to being all of your ninja equipment and meet me at five am. You should also avoid eating anything for breakfast or your might throw up from the intensity of the exam."

Naruto sat back and thought about things for a moment. His mind was was primarily built around the development of inventions and experiments. However his mind was also useful for solving many problems, including all of the comments from their silver haired sensei. The blond haired ninja was positive there was something the elder was hiding from all of them. More information would be needed to make a judgement.

'I just don't think not eating would be helpful for a survival match. It would make us weak when all of us need to be at our strongest. So not only will I have to make sure to eat a good breakfast to make sure I live pass this test, I'm going to have to make sure I bring food for the others in case they follow sensei's orders. A great chance to test out those new nutrient bars I created.' Naruto thought, as he hoped the bitter aftertaste of the coffee in the bar would be neutralized by the sweetness of the honey/sugar mixture.

'A survival test would be a great time to bring out some of that battle gear I been wanting to try out in the field. Just trying them out on the Ikerushikabane, who I can just rebuild after they have some "accidents". Like the chakra powered kunai chucker or the chakra kunai.' Naruto thought as he made preperations for the exam to come.

The next day at about eleven am in the morning...

Naruto was starting to regret looking up on Kakashi's file to see if he had made a habit of being late for everything. It was shortly after eleven before their sensei arrived, setting an alarm clock for noon while he was at it. Naruto was not pleased with his sensei's bad habits. He had also had quite the arguement with his teammates about the bars, before he managed to convince Sasuke to the fact going in on an empty stomach was going to make them weak. Once Sasuke accepted, Sakura followed his lead.

Turning to them, Kakashi continued with the rules, "You task is to take these two bells from me before the alarm goes off at noon. Who ever doesn't get one of the bells will not be getting lunch and will be heading back to the academy for further training. To get a bell from me, you will have to come at me with killing intent." He held up two tiny silver bells, which glinted in the overhead sun.

"So basically it's a teamwork exercise with the trick of having only two bells to place us at each other throats. Giving us the misguide impression the failure aspect is to not get a bell, when instead it is those who don't work together as a team. Right, sensei?" asked Naruto as he finally figured out the test from the pieces he had recieved from the jonin.

The grey haired man blinked, yet didn't seem to show any emotion in his face or eye. The teacher asked Naruto, "What makes you think that, Naruto? What makes you think you can know what I want you to do, you being the dead last in the graduate class?"

"Simple, I was dead last because my guardians had aready gone over the aspects we were shown in the class. So basically I was learning things I already knew. Also logically, a single genin should not be able to take a jonin. Unless they didn't have a genin power level. It would take at least three genin rankers to take a jonin. Also I did research on your past record, which has demonstrated a focus on teamwork. Which gives me the main idea of the test." Naruto said making a check list using his fingers to make his points.

Naruto added one final thing, "Besides all genin teams are in bands of three lead by a jonin, not teams of two."

Kakashi watched Naruto carefully before he spoke again, "This may be true... before. This is my team and my rules are law here. I have special permission from the hokage to have a two man team, as long as they are two of the strongest ninja students. You see, the years I spent in the Anbu black ops mean I have main powerful technique to teach. And I don't need a kid who shouldn't be a ninja slowing me down. I will be sending one of you to the academy, and it looks like it will be a certain blond."

Naruto made a note to the fact Kakashi was sticking to his story. Likely not to convince Naruto, but the other two teammates. The truth was the two of them were starting to believe the words of the elder man over the boy. He was their sensei who had worked in one of the most powerful branches ninja and he was their monkey boy explosion prone dead last teammate.

Sasuke was hooked in with the knowledge of new powerful techniques. Sakura would do anything to be alone with Sasuke, add to the fact she might not believe a madboy like Naruto could see the hidden aspect of the test. I looked like it would be Naruto's test to try and convince the young man and woman to believe in him.

"Begin!" said Kakashi, which caused the dark and pinked hair ninja to disappear into the brush.

"You're making a mistake, guys. Falling for this guy's tricks." said Naruto as he continued to stand in the wooded area.

"I think you're the one mistaken, Naruto. Aren't you going to take a bell?" asked Kakashi, looking at the inventor. He was in a relaxed pose, without a care in the world.

"I think I will try for a bell, but not for your reasons. I'm going to take both bells and give them to my clueless teammates. Just to prove to them I'm right and your blowing smoke up our asses," Said Naruto as he moved into battle pose, before saying, "I also have some tech I am just itching to try out, and you've annoyed me enough to be my dummy!"

Author's Notes:

I hope you like the little plot twist that I delivered with the tail end of this fic and that it would be believable. I figure two top students would listen to a respected teacher rather then a near drop out like Naruto. I also wanted to express the idea that Naruto isn't just smart in invention but with other aspects as well. One Naruto crossover I have read on my favourite list mentioned the idea of the spark being seen as extra chakra focusing on the brain. Which enhances the thought process by my way of thinking. It's not canon, but I like it.

I hope to use some more futuristic inventions for Naruto to use in his battles with Kakashi. Remember, Naruto knows what it is Kakashi is doing even if the jonin is playing it the other way. Naruto is just testing his sensei and testing out of his gear. I have one suggestion of a kunai-shooter which has compressed kunai shooting from a wrist mounted device. I have a few other secret gagets in me which might appear in the fight. Of course, Naruto might have a few sneaky ideas to pull out of his sleeves.

I have been toying with a couple of new fics, one of which is a Naruto idea I had a while ago. Basically it is my Superman fusion with Naruto, with a superpowered Naruto. With basic powers of strength, speed and invulnerablity. Not sure yet if Sasuke will be dressing up as a giant bat in this fic. The other fic is one where Yugi Muto stars playing Chaotic, only to get a special code which takes him to a whole other world.

I have been starting a blog on my site which might get weekly or bi-weekly updates. I will see how this goes. Remember, my site is adults only as I have lemons at the site as well.

Thanks and enjoy,

HVulpes