Naruto Fan Fiction / Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Honestly Clueless ❯ Chapter 7

[ A - All Readers ]

(L's POV)
 
 I watched as Karin walked over to me, followed by 2 other kids I have seen here a few times.
 
"Hey Karin? You know you're being followed?" I asked her quietly.
 
"Yeah, they my new comrades, Kiro Kaguya, and Akimi Hyuga. In fact, Akimi-chan and I have been best friends back at home." She told me with a smile that told me that she trusted them. I smiled back.
 
"I would like to get to know them, if they are alright with that." I responded. She nodded, and signaled them to come over. They walked over to us and sat down by us. And they started talking about to us, introducing themselves, where they are from and their abilities. The boy with the white hair started.
 
"I am Kiro Kaguya, of the Kaguya clan. I have a kekkei genkai called dead bone pulse." He told us. I looked confused, as did Karin.
 
"Hold, on what is a kekkei genkai?" I asked.
 
" A kekkei genkai is simply a trait that runs in a ninja clan. With it comes special abilities and jutsu that only members of that clan can use, like my Sharingan." Kagome explained to me.
 
  "What is dead bone pulse?" The other girl asked.
 
"I can pull bones out of my body and use them as weapons. I can also control the density of my bones." He replied. Then he motioned Karin to tell us about herself.
 
"I am Karin Uchiha, of the Uchiha clan. I have the kekkei genkai, Sharingan. It is an ocular technique that allows me to read, copy, and analyze my opponents' attacks. I can use them to either avoid attacks, or copy and use them later, either in that match or future fights. However my bloodline trait isn't something you're born with. It is first activated when you are being attacked." She told us. The other girl started.
 
"My name is Akimi Hyuga of the Hyuga clan. I harbor the Byakugan which, much like the Sharingan is an ocular bloodline trait. It allows me to see my opponents' chakra points and hit them, closing off their chakra, which then makes it impossible to perform jutsu. I can also use them to see through things, like walls and such if needed to." Akimi explained. The girls smiled at each other, as if the knew something we didn't.
 
 "What are you guys grinning about?" Kiro asked.
 
 "I just remembered some old memories from when Karin and I played with each other in our old home." Akimi replied.
 
 "Yeah! You remember when we played ninja?" Karin asked. Kiro seemed to know what they were talking about, but I felt like I was missing out.
 
"Playing ninja?" I asked.
 
"Yeah, it's a game kids play in the ninja villages. It's like a mix of tag and hide and seek. There are two teams, One kid on each team has to count to 20 while the other kids run and hide. Then when the counters reaches 20, he or she looks for the hiders on the other team and if they find one, they throw a cardboard shuriken at them and say 'gotcha'. The first kid caught on each team has to count, and the last kid hiding wins the round for their team." Karin explained. I nodded, showing that I understood. Kiro looked thoughtful.
 
 "You know, if we play here, we can practice our aim and not hurt anyone." he said.
 
"Yeah, and it's safer to use cardboard ninja tools, since we aren't allowed with regular ninja tools unless we're on missions." Karin added. Akimi simply nodded and jumped up.
 
"Well, what are we waiting for! Let's make them!" she said excitedly.
 
 "Shouldn't you guys ask Watari first?" I asked. Karin nodded.
 
"We need to make sure it's ok first. Maybe see if Izumo-sensei has some made up already." Karin told the other two who nodded. They stood up and I spoke up.
 
"If you guys are allowed to make the cardboard ninja tools, would you guys mind if I watched?" I asked them. They all nodded.
 
  "It's fine with us." Kiro told me. I smiled. Her comrades were really nice. The 4 of us walked to Wataris' office. Karin knocked on the door, and a man I haven't seen before opened it.
 
"Ah, Karin, Akimi and Kiro, what can we do for you?"
 
"Izumo-sensei, we were wondering if we could make cardboard shuriken and kunais for training?" Kiro asked. The man smiled.
 
"Actually, I have some already made up.10 shuriken and 5 kunai cutouts for each of you. As well as a Windmill Shuriken the Uchiha clan uses a lot."
 
"Awesome!" Karin grinned. "Now I can practice my shuriken jutsu!" The man led us to his office where the three ninja-to-be grabbed what they wanted. Then, as we started to leave the room he stopped Karin, Kiro and Akimi. He told them something and they replied with a 'Hai'
 
"What was all that about?" I asked Karin as the other 2 led us into the garden.
 
"Izumo-sensei was just telling that the three of us," she motioned to herself and the other kids,” Are to meet him in his office tomorrow after regular school."
 
"Why?"
 
"We're taking extra classes so we can become ninja. And we start tomorrow at 4."
 
 "Ok..and what is hai?"
 
 "Hai is yes in Japanese." She replied.
 
We finally reached the garden where they all started throwing their kunais. I thought that it was weird how they held the kunais by the blade when they threw them. I thought it seemed dangerous, but they seemed to know what they were doing.
 
Especially Karin who was able to hit the bullseye all 5 times.
 
"How did you do that?" Kiro asked. Karin smiled a little.
 
"I always watched my older brother training, while working on my sharingan, so I learned a lot of techniques and tips."
 
"That was amazing!" Akimi added. Karin giggled.
 
"Well, when you're an Uchiha, everyone expects you to be the best."  She replied. They each decided to go off alone and work on their jutsu alone. Karin and I walked down to a small meadow, where she trained and we talked until it was time to go in for dinner.