Naruto Fan Fiction / Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Honestly Clueless ❯ Chapter 8

[ A - All Readers ]

(Karins' POV)
 
Today is my first day taking classes here at the Orphanage. I woke up and got ready at 7. I met L, Kiro and Akimi in front of the 7 year old classroom, where we were take do all of our normal lessons. Reading, writing, spelling, and math.
 
First we had to write in our journal, about our favorite game or activity. We had to make it at least a page long.
 
My favorite game was a game my friends and I played all of the time in my old village. The game is called ninja. You would have two teams. 1 person on each team would count to twenty, while the others run and hide. When the counters finished, they would look for the people on the other team who were hiding. The first player caught on each team will be the next rounds counters, and the last kid hiding wins the round for their team.
 
I used to play this after school with my friends Akimi, Naruto, Kiba, Shino, Ino, Sakura, shikamaru, Hinata, and my brother Sasuke. The teams were usually the same. My team consisting of Ino, Kiba, Akimi, Shikamaru and myself. The other team had Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, Hinata, and Shino. We kept it fair to having one of each kekkei genkai on each team. There was one rule we made up to keep the game fair and that was to not use our ninja skills. No tracking, and no use of kekkei genkais.
 
The teacher told us that time was up and we each turned in our journals. Math time came around and we learned our addition and subtraction skills.  Our teacher gave us the 'homework' right before lunchtime.
 
At lunch I sat beside L and Akimi, with Kiro next to her. We at lunch and went outside for our 20 minute recess. the 4 of us snuck to the side of the building where we sat down in the shade, just relaxing.
 
"What do you think of the math homework?" Kiro asked. I pulled out my homework and looked at the problems.
 
7+1= 7+2= 7+3=...... (This went on until 7+9= then did the same for 8 and 9)
 
"It's too easy..." L stated, looking over my shoulder. I nodded.
 
 "We learned this when we were 6 in the hidden leaf Village. We were just learning our multipulcation tables in Iruka-sensei's class." I replied. I got out my pencil and did the homework, seeing how I may not have the chance to tonight. The others followed suit, and pretty soon we had each problem answered. The bell rang and we all filed back into the classroom.
 
Now it was time for our spelling lesson. The teacher called some of us to the board.
 
"Lawliet, Karin, Nick, Jason, Joanna, Cindy, Akimi, Jimmy, Myra, and Cole. Please come up to the board. Each of us went up to the board and held a piece of chalk. Then waited for the teacher to speak again.
 
"Everyone who is sitting down will write each of these words. Lawliet, write the word 'rubber'. Karin write 'snail' Jason, you write 'apple'." this list continued. We all sat down after that and our teacher gave us another homework assignment. I looked down at the homework as the teacher read over our journals.
 
Rubber, snail, apple, seven banana sister brother home farther woman
Put these words in the right sentence.
 
My ____ ball bounces.
My _____ likes to play with dolls.
My ______  likes to golf
My _____, Henry, is 3.
An _____ a day keeps the doctor away
The ___ is slow
The ____ is wearing a dress
The ___ is wearing a blue tie
The_____ is yellow
Six ____ eight nine
 
Before too long the bell rang again, signaling that the class was over. We walked out of the classroom and got our snack. Which today was strawberries with Angel Food Cake and whipped cream. I looked over at L, who was crouching like usual in his chair eating his snack. I looked at the time to realize that I only had 5 minutes to meet Izumo sensei. I jumped up, suprising my quiet and odd friend, as well as Kiro and Akimi.
 
"We have to go. We only have 5 minutes to get to class!" I told the others who nodded and we all disappeared. Kiro disappeared in bone white flowers, Akimi disappeared in water, and I used lightning.
 
"Izumo-sensei isn't here yet." Karin whispered. Then behind them came a white puff of smoke that made them all jump. It was Izumo, smiling at the three of them.
 
"I hope you are all ready to remember your hand signs!" He told us excitedly.