Naruto Fan Fiction / Death Note Fan Fiction ❯ Honestly Clueless ❯ Chapter 9

[ A - All Readers ]

NOTE: ALL INFORMATION IN THIS CHAPTER CAME FROM
http://www.leafninja.com/hands.php
 
(Izumos pov)
 
My students sat down and immediately got their pencils and notebooks out. I smiled.
*Good, they came prepared to take notes.*
 
"I want you all to write everything down I tell you. Everything will be on the test." I told them. They all groaned. I chuckled.
 
*If they want to become ninja they have to study hard and work hard.* I grabbed the piece of chalk and started writing down the key information. Everything that was going to be on hand sign written test.
 
Jutsu are the mystical arts we ninja use in battle to perform jutsu we focus our chakra to a specific spot in our body some times we use hand seals to perform jutsu, but not all jutsu require hand seals. Taijutsu does not usually require hand seals and some ninja do not use them either.
There are twelve basic hand seals, but because of the many different combinations oh seals there are thousands of possible jutsus to be discovered and used.
The seals come from the Chinese zodiac, and the appearence comes from Buddhist and Hindu iconography and are called 'mudra' meaning seal or sign in Sanskrit. The seals help identify the nature and function of the deity who used them.
 
I watched my students write this information down. Then I moved to my desk to get some hand outs on the seals themselves. (Go to website above to see the hand out they got)
 
The students looked over the paper and nodded to themselves. Karin smirked, looking like she knew these signs themselves.
 
"I understand that each of you have a kekkei genkai correct?" I asked them. They each nodded. I smiled, I wanted to know about these bloodline traits of theirs to understand them each a little better.
 
"Your homework tonight is to identify and describe your clan, bloodline trait and how you benefit from it. Ask yourselves questions like 'who am I?' `What is this trait?' 'What is the advantages and disadvantages?' 'How can I perfect my techniques?" 'what is my natural element?' and 'What do I need to have/ or do to use my clans jutsus and my kekkei genkai?'
 
"Then tomorrow we will have show and tell. We are going to see what each of you can do as of now, both jutsu wise and bloodline wise. I want you guys to act as if this is a beauty contest of sorts. I want to see what chakra type you can use with your kekkei genkai. We may even perform in front of the whole orphanage. However, I shall view each of your performances alone. As for right now, I want to see how your jutsu skills are. Let's see your substitution jutsu." I watched as each of my students stood up and used the needed hand seals. Ram, boar, ox, dog, snake. Karins spot now held a pile of leaves, Akimi was replaced by a log, and Kiro by a skeleten.
*These three sure are unique, even in the ninja world.*
 
"Alright. Let's see you guys transform into an animal of your choice." I told them. Dog, Boar, Tiger...each student made the hand signs. Karin transformed into a lion cub, Kiro was a wolf, and Akimi was a bird.
 
"Why did each of you choose that particular animal that you did?" I asked them, wanting to hear their reasons.
 
"I always loved the movie LION KING 2. My favorite character is Kiara. So I chose a lion, they are also known as the king of the jungle and are strong and fierce." Karin smiled in her lion cub form.
 
"I have always wanted to spread my wings and fly like a bird. To see the world in a new prospective." Akimi replied as she soared above us.
 
"Wolves are fierce and protective." Kiro responded. I smile at each of them. Then I pulled out three small strips of paper.
 
 "What are those sensei?" Karin asked
 
 "These are special strips of paper that I'm going to use to see what your natural element is."
 
"How do they work?" Kiro asked.
 
"Well, all you have to do is hold it between your finger and the paper will do one of five things depending on your chakra type. If you're a lightning style, the paper will crumple, wind ninja will slice the paper, fire burns, water dampens and earth crumbles. This is how I will determine your elements. Kiro, your first. I handed him a strip of paper. He focused his chakra and the paper crumbled away.
 
"I am an earth nature."
 
 Akimi took her turn and the paper dampaned. I watched her stare at the paper surprised. Karin took her and the paper crumbled, then caught on fire.
 
"What does that mean sensei?" she asked.
 
"You are both a fire style, and a lightning style, normal for an Uchiha. She looked up at me. "But I have heard that an Uchiha can copy any elemental jutsu and use it. So you can use wind, water and earth as well as your own fire and lightning jutsu."
 
"What is your element sensei?" She asked.
 
"Wind." I replied. I looked at the clock and saw that it was already 5.
 
"Class dismissed."