Naruto Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ A Secret Uncovered ❯ A rude awakening ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
OK finallly the new chapter is finallly coming out, I hope it will be better than the others, sorry if you find the story boring so far, I take stories slow, especially if I like the characters in the show or book or game so I try to capture their attitude but dont be angry if I mess up on character moves and stuff, I think I willl get them right mostly, please review or tell me small or large errors, thank you.


Chapter 3
A rude awakening


Naruto woke up with a groan, he hadnt slept very well that night, he prepared to jump out of bed but hesitated before doing so, something didnt seem right, Naruto looked about to find he was on top of a tree on a particulary large branch.

"How did I get up here?" Naruto wondered to himself, he knew the demon trapped inside him,the deadly kyuubi or nine-tailed fox, was speaking to him in his dreams. When it suddenly came to him,

"Oh crap!" He thought to himself,"That damned Kyuubi was controlling me in my sleep, but it couldnt have been, he hasnt acted up for months, and that was just a curse at me for getting lost in the forest, it wasnt my fault, I had to find some ramen, we were all out, damn Zartos wasnt even there, how am I supposed to become Hokage if my own sensei isnt here half the time and when he is here hes lost in thought." Of course Naruto was exaggerating big time, actually Zartos was there 75% of the time but it was true that Zartos had a tendency to daydream.

Naruto then looked down from the tree and saw his sensei standing below him, looking at Naruto with an undescribable mix of suprise and humor,

"What are you doing up there Naruto, trying to catch a squirrel?" Zartos shouted up to him, trying to hold back a laugh, Naruto shrugged off the extremely bad joke and then looked down, he noticed he was wearing nothing but his boxer shorts, complete with little foxes adorning them( a parting gift from Kakashi, Naruto was just grateful that his lecherous master did not give him one of his perverted books) and a undershirt.

Naruto yelled every insult imaginable at his sensei, who he considered his equal or lesser instead of his teacher, they were only 5 years apart in age (Naruto-16, Zartos-21) Zartos, annoyed at the chunnins barrage of insults, shouted to come down and get dressed before he came up there and threw him out of the tree and did much more painful and humiliating things too him.

"Fine!" Naruto said and made a slow decent down the tree, Naruto figured it was fairly early or else Yuffie would be out, she usually went to the springs nearby for a bath so she wouldnt stink, Naruto made a big mistake the first week Yuffie came when he stole her clothes, he didnt think she ever forgave him, of course that was how he got lost in the woods since after stealing Yuffies clothes (she had extra or else Naruto would be crippled for life then and ther) she took all of Narutos ramen and set it all on fire.

Zartos sighed, the hyperactive shinobi got in to the strangest messes,

"Well at least this area was fairly safe or else we would all be dead" Zartos thought, as he looked up to check Narutos progress, he noticed one thing, that Nruto was not in the tree, but falling rapidly toward Zartos with a look of supreme horror, Zartos jumped to catch him, but "accidently" missed, but fortunately Naruto was very lucky, and landed in a massive pile of leaves, he still got a few bumps though. Naruto looked at Zartos with a look of supreme loathing, which Zartos answered with a mischevious smile.

"Lets go Naruto, if you were in that tree all night, Yuffie would be worried." Zartos said, grimancing, Naruto doubted that very much but followed Zartos, being careful not to step on rocks( he was barefooted, remember) and thought ahead to what was his schedule. Narutos schedule, besides sleeping mainly consisted of training, with an hour of two off for either eating ramen or harrassing his team. He was just planning on what disgusting thing to stick in Yuffies bed when Zartos said calmly,"We are here."Naruto looked up and saw the large treehouse like structure, it was the main base of the three shinobi and their improvised home, though looking strangely primitive from the outside, it was very nice in the inside, with the basic nessecities, except for a shower because the entire building was orginally just a temporary inn for wandering shinobi,. it was converted due to the distance to other towns. Zartos had lived there for barely a month until Naruto came in, then came Yuffie a year later, the only reason that it wasnt a 3-man squad is because although offically Zartos was an adult, Zartos was still without a squad because of his squad members and leaders death (reasons were confidentional, nobody is supposed to know but later in the story you will find out.)


Climbing the ladder which was the main entrance to the small base, Zartos knocked on the makeshift hatch and said loudly,"Its Zartos and Naruto, open up!" a loud clanging was heard and the hatchway was opened to reveal a yawning Yuffie, still in her pajamas and looking as if she just got out of bed, "DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS!!!' Yuffie shouted, obviously cranky from lack of sleep, then she saw that she was yelling at her sensei and tried to stammer a apology but Zarutos walked in before she could get even more embarrassed. he then heard a loud scream and turned back to see Naruto halfway out of the hatch looking around with a stunned look on his face as Yuffie laid collapsed on the floor with a massive nosebleed gushing out,"Must have been the lack of sleep." Zartos sighed and knew this was going to be a long day.

Sorry about taking so long with this chapter, I am very preoccupied at the moment and usually have barely enough time to write the chapter, I will release the next chapter as soon as possible, this stories going to be very comic for the next 2-3 chapters then will get more serious but with some fights, thank you for reading this and please review.

Also to keep the bloodthirsty lawers off my back I do not own Naruto or Final Fantasy, if I did I wouldnt be writing this and would be swimming in oceans of money