Naruto Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Creatures Of The Flame ❯ For The Family ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer- I do not own Inuyasha or Naruto. I would lke to but I don't.


I updated quickly didn't I? I'm not sure if the next one wouldbe updated as quickly so don't keep your hopes up. Now, on with the story.


______________________________________________________ ______________________



Sakura was the one who had found her. It was while she was on her daily walks, thinking of her past and present. She had been admiring the trees of her namesake when she heard the soft thud of a body hitting the ground. She ran forward and saw the girl lying there, unconscious and bruised.




She ran forward in worry, her unbound pink hair flowing behind her as a gasp left her mouth. The girl was alive, she saw, and half-dead like she thought she was. Sakura gently shook the unknown girl, hoping that she wasn’t so far in that she couldn’t get up.




The girl groaned softly as she squeezed her eyes shut before opening them. Her clear blue looked as Sakura in confusion before sitting up quickly.




“Inuyasha?”




Sakura placed her hand on the girls shoulder, still worried about her health. “ Are you alright?”




The girl nodded her head slightly before suddenly springing up. “ Where am I? Where is Inuyasha and the rest of the gang? Shippo?! Shippo?!” The girl was in near hysterics now and Sakura bit her lip in concentration.




“ I don’t know who they are but I’m sure if you come to the village with mew could find out.” She smiled kindly before handing out her hand “ By the way, my name is Sakura.”




Sakura relaxed when she took the offered hand. The girl smiled with a blush staining her pretty features. “ Um…I’m sorry for my outburst before. I was just confused.” She laughed nervously. “ I just don’t know how I got here. My name is Kagome. Kagome Higurashi.” One of her legs suddenly gave out on her and she used a nearby tree for support. Another nervous laugh left her mouth. “ How far is this village?”






_________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ________






She had been walking for days now, killing any enemy that she had come across. Her eyes were still expressionless her movements still silent. She made sure not to stay in one place for long lest someone recognize her.




It was times like these that she hated what she was. But it was unavoidable and she knew no one else would do the job. Other times, though, she thought of it as a blessing. It was her life and had been so since the tender age of nine when she was first thrown into it. And if it wasn’t for them she would have no family. She would have nothing.




A small noise caught her attention and she moved just in time to avoid a killing blow to the head. It seemed that an enemy had recognized her at the last village. Just as well, it had begun to get to quiet. They had probably tried to ambush her.




She killed them all quickly, five in total, before she continued on her way. It was a good thing the those attackers had come. She was starting to delve into a past that didn’t deserve to be remembered.




“ How long till we get there?” She didn’t turn around to answer.




“ Six days.”




“ Will we be there in time?”




She glanced at the sky and the waning sun. “ Yes. And we will have time to spare.” She brushed a strand of black hair away from her eyes and glanced at the sky again. They were circling around above her she knew. To far for the human eye to see.




That was good. She did not need another dead or wounded on her hands.




“ Will they follow us the whole way?”




“ You ask to many questions, you know that?” She said this with a sigh, once again brushing a strand of hair from her sapphire eyes. “ Yes, they will. They think they are protecting me but in truth it is I protecting them.” She smiled a small smile. “ We shall find shelter now. Night is approaching.”




Her follower scrambled after her, his wings tightly folded around himself in the cold.





________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________




“ Sakura!”




The calling of her name came from her teammate, Naruto. Sasuke was trailing behind him at a slower race. Sakura bit her lip, thankful they were there. Half of the girl’s- Kagome, she reminded herself- weight was leaning on her. Her leg was to bruised for it to support her body weight.




Kagome looked up at the sound of her helper’s name. Two boys about the same age as her were standing in front of her and Sakura. One looked worried and the other one looked…nothing.




A jolt of pain suddenly went through her and she tried to hold back a painful gasp but failed. She felt her miko powers rise up and embrace the pain in her chest which only seemed to intensify it.




Her hands slipped from their hold on Sakura’s shoulder before she fell forward, clutching her chest. A tear fell down her cheek quickly followed by many more.




What was wrong with her? What was trying to tear itself from her chest?




She felt someone’s hands on her, someone calling for help. A loud roaring filled the area which only seemed to make it worse. Kagome’s whispered words were barely heard over it.




“ He’s…he’s found the tamer.”







______________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________





Yea, I updated like really fast. The next story that’s being updated is Forever And A Day or Of Might And Magic. Won’t be long now. I already have them written, just proof reading them. I know you guys have this question. Who is that girl whose killing everyone she comes across? I’ll only tell you this. It’s not Kagome. You’ll have to figure out the rest by yourselves. My first mystery…yea! Read and review. This story is good if I do say so myself.