Naruto Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Foerever And A Day ❯ Pink Sky's And Green Meadow's ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]






I know some of you are Kikyo haters but this story came into my mind and it wouldn’t leave me. I actually don’t hate her. I just wished she would rest in peace. It actually sort of sad. Well I guess we’ll see how this story plays out.






Disclaimer- I do not own either Naruto nor Inuyasha. I just wished that I did.







_______________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ __






Prologue -







She opened her eyes to see green. No, that wasn’t right. It was just grass. Just nice, pretty, green grass. She sat up with a pounding headache; her fingers immediately went to her temples in an attempt to sooth them.




“ You’re awake,” came a soft, monotonous voice from behind her. Kagome whipped her head around, unknowingly causing the headache to intensify. Her hands went back to nurse her head as she blinked, hoping to figure out who it was. Kikyo.




“ W-What are you doing here?,” she looked around timidly, “ Where is here?” They were in a field or maybe even a meadow, for flowers surrounded the border. But what was even more strange was that the sky was pink. Like the color of the Shikon No Tama when purified.




On an impulse Kagome raised her hand to her neck only to find the Shikon Jewel not there. Her eyes widened hugely as she frantically got on her hands and knees, hoping that it had just fallen off her neck while she was unconscious.




“ You shall not find it,” Kikyo’s voice said still as soft as before. She glanced at Kagome before turning her gaze back to the setting sun out in the distance. “ You will not find because we are in the jewel itself.”




Kagome narrowed her eyes in confusion while trying to grope for a answer. “ How can we be in the jewel? It’s not even as big as the palm of my hand. And I made a wish so-”




“ You made a wish that everyone should be happy, that everything be the way it was meant to be.” She gave Kagome another glance. “ It wasn’t in your beat interest but it was what you wished. And it seems that we were meant to be in the jewel.”




The young schoolgirl opened her mouth to respond but another voice smoothly cut in.




“ She is right, Kagome. Both of you are currently in the jewel.” A young woman with obsidian colored hair came into their view. Her hazel looked them over with approval, as if she had just found the perfect nanny to take care of her children.




“ And you are here for a an important reason,” she continued. She gestured for them to follow her as she walked away. Kagome looked as Kikyo, only to find she was already trailing behind the unknown woman.




Scrambling to her feet Kagome followed after them.




_____________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________




Kagome looked at the four sticks in her hand. She was still baffled about what the woman just said. Kikyo still had her stoic expression on, though her lips were set into a frown.




“ Where is this “world” that were supposed to go to? And why are we to be the one’s to go?” Kagome nodded at Kikyo’s questions, wondering the same thing.




The woman sighed as if a great burden had been set on her. “ It is a Ninja’s World. Where men and woman are trained from childhood to become fighters. Not all of them succeed and only a few become ANBU, one of the more powerful status’s. She looked at both of them critically. “ It is imperative that you two be sent because you are the only one’s who are able to wield the power that I have given you.”




Kagome looked down at the sticks in her hand again before turning to look at Kikyo’s. She gulped as she said, “ I’ll do it.”




Kikyo inwardly smiled as she looked up from the study of her own sticks. “ I will do it also.” Her brow creased with worry, “ But the matter of my soul.” Kagome stiffened as she looked at the woman who had told them of their journey.




All she did was smile and nod. “ I have taken care of that.” She smiled again. “ And Kagome will still live in the process.”





______________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___




Another story. I’m on a role. And I’ll be updating my other fics soon. I already know who Kikyo will be paired with. It’s Kakashi. But I don’t know who Kagome will be with. It’s either Sasuke or Naruto. Vote and R&R!