Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Wait, did that happen before? ❯ Oh Crap ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 2: Oh Crap

"Naruto, is there some sort of problem?" asked Iruka, directing a warning look toward Naruto.

"Yeah! Why isn't..." 'Sasuke in the same team as me and Sakura? And why are we in Team Five instead of Team Seven? And if I said I remembered things that haven't happened yet, would you think I'm crazy? Crap crap crap crap crap.' "...Er, nevermind." Naruto sat back down and slumped forward onto the table in front of him.

'Huh. I didn't think he'd back down that quick,' thought Iruka. Nevertheless, since the issue seemed to be resolved for the moment, Iruka resumed his task of assigning the new ninja to their teams.

Naruto grumbled from where he sat, his face buried in the table, while he waited for Iruka to finish assigning teams. Sakura was glaring at him, as were several other ninja. The short, red-headed boy next to Sakura was giving Naruto sad puppy eyes for some reason, but Naruto resolutely ignored him. 'Dammit. Where the hell is Sasuke?'

0o0o0

"I'm going to introduce the jounin instructors this afternoon. Meeting adjourned until then."

'Finally!' As everyone started leaving, Naruto grabbed Sakura by the shoulder, earning a glare from the pink-haired girl.

"What do you want, Naruto?" she all but snarled.

"Oy. Where's Sasuke?"

Anger shifted into confusion. "What?"

"Sasuke. Uchiha Sasuke. The guy you've been fangirling over since you entered the academy. Black hair shaped like a chicken's butt, douchebaggy attitude, and never smiles unless he's smirking?"

Just like that, confusion shifted back into anger. "Naruto, you jerk!" Sakura punctuated her angry response by punching Naruto in the face, knocking him to the floor.

"Ack!" Sitting up, Naruto began backing away. "Sakura? What was that for?"

"You know damn well what that was for! You ass!" Fortunately for Naruto, the red-head took this moment to intervene.

"Stop, Sakura! I'm sure Naruto didn't mean it."

Much to Naruto's confusion, Sakura seemed to listen to the kid, immediately calming down. However, whatever response she had was pre-empted by a beeping from her watch.

*Deet deet deetdeet deet deet*

Sakura stiffened. "Oh! I'm late for... uh... my meeting with Ino! I was meeting her at a place for a thing!" And with that, Sakura bolted out the door.

'Did I miss something?' wondered Naruto.

0o0o0

Skidding to a halt, Sakura ducked into an empty room. After taking a quick glance to make sure she was actually alone, she raised the watch to her face. "Yes, Zordon?"

"Sakura, Rita has used her magic to enlarge a gorilla to gargantuan proportions. It is currently on its way to Konoha. Get to the forest, call your Zord, and join with the other rangers to form the Megazord."

"Gotcha." Lowering her communicator, Sakura pulled a rectangular device covered in stylized designs with an image of a dinosaur engraved in the center of it from her belt. Tyrannosaurus!" In a flash of red light, the room was empty once again.

0o0o0

"Er... do you know what that was about?" Naruto asked the red-head.

"I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I'm not quite sure," the boy replied. "However, Sakura seemed very angry at whatever you were talking about, so I'd advise against broaching that topic with her in the future."

"...I'll try to keep that in mind," Naruto replied. "Er, do you know where Sasuke is?"

"I'm afraid I don't know of any Sasuke. Is he from the academy?"

"Yeah."

"Then I would suggest asking Iruka. Perhaps he knows where he is."

"Okay. Thanks uh... well, thanks!" 'Erk! I still don't know his name.' "Gotta run!"

"Wait! Naruto, are you mad at me for some reason?" But Naruto was already gone.

0o0o0

As Naruto ran off to find Iruka, Negi mentally played back Naruto's conversation with Sakura. 'Uchiha Sasuke. Where have I heard the name Uchiha? ...Wait. Didn't they get wiped out a few years back?'

Unbidden, thoughts of another, slightly less recent incident in which a village lost its population came to mind... Quickly banishing them, Negi left to find a place to eat lunch.

0o0o0

"Hey, Iruka! Wait!" Naruto ran toward his former instructor, who was already leaving for his lunch break.

"Hmm? Do you need something, Naruto?"

"Yeah! Where's Sasuke?" Naruto asked, skipping straight to the point.

"...Who?" replied Iruka, clearly confused by the question.

"Sasuke. Uchiha Sasuke. Best student in the class, hates my guts, has a squad of fangirls, etcetera etcetera."

"Naruto, the Uchiha clan was wiped out five years ago. There hasn't been an Uchiha in the academy since then. Besides, the best student in the class grade-wise was Negi Springfield. ...Naruto? Are you okay?"

"...I... need to go see the Hokage," stuttered a very pale Naruto.

0o0o0

"What do you mean he's not in?" Naruto demanded.

"Just what I said," replied the chunin guarding the door. "The Hokage is out of his office on business. You'll have to come back later."

'Dammit! What could be important enough to get him out of his office on a day like this? Shouldn't he be swamped with paperwork over the incident with Mizuke? And even if he isn't, he should at least let people know where to find him when he leaves.'

0o0o0

Meanwhile, the Hokage was busy briefing Naruto's soon-to-be jounin sensei on his new team. At Naruto's house. For some reason.

Or rather, he would have been, if the aforementioned jounin had actually shown up. Instead, he found himself waiting for the perpetually late ninja to arrive. 'Maybe I should have just met him in the Hokage Tower. That's plenty easy to find, and it can be seen from anywhere in the village, so he'd be more likely to remember. As opposed to a rundown generic-looking apartment on the outskirts of the village that he's probably never been to. Oh well. Something to keep in mind for future dealings.' Looking at his watch, the Hokage sighed and decided to give it 15 more minutes.

0o0o0

Back at the Hokage Tower, Naruto stared in silent horror out the window. From where he was standing, a battle between a giant gorilla and a very large robot painted in primary colors could be seen taking place in the forest outside Konoha. "...I think I screwed up the jutsu..." At precisely that moment, his stomach chose to remind him of the other notable thing that had happened that day.

0o0o0

"Huh. His milk is expired," the Hokage noted, in the process of raiding Naruto's refrigerator.